This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers August 2016 Solicitations: #TAAO, #TitansReturn, War Within

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Transformers August 2016 Solicitations: #TAAO, #TitansReturn, War Within

Postby Va'al » Wed May 18, 2016 2:36 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
There may not have been any new comics previews or reviews for a week or so, but we do have an early look at the ones coming out from IDW Publishing this August 2016! Check out below the full list, with synopses and an assortment of covers, of the upcoming Transformers releases, reprints and collections, as Titans Return keeps on truckin', Windblade is Swindlin', and the summaries keep spoiling previous arcs - be warned!

Transformers: Till All Are One #3
Mairghread Scott (w) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (a & c)
WINDBLADE TURNS TRAITOR?! With the rise of the COMBATICON threat, STARSCREAM issues an ultimatum to WINDBLADE: do his—or everyone on Cybertron will learn her darkest secrets!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Till All Are One #3—Subscription Variant
Mairghread Scott (w) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (a) • Priscilla Tramontano (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Will WINDBLADE betray her own ideals and become STARSCREAM’s crony?
Is ONSLAUGHT really the threat to world peace that STARSCREAM claims?
And where in the name of the Primes is SWINDLE?!
Sets the stage for next month’s REVOLUTION!
Variant cover by Thomas Deer!

Transformers #56
John Barber (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a & c)
TITANS RETURN! Following the literally-Earth-shattering events of last issue… OPTIMUS PRIME establishes a new base of operations—AUTOBOT CITY! Its first visitor: a newly-revived SENTINEL PRIME, who sees a potential ally in OPTIMUS.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers #56—Subscription Variant
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
You’ve never seen a TRANSFORMERS crossover like this before!
Ties directly in to this month’s MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!
Leads into next month’s REVOLUTION!
Variant cover by Ken Christiansen!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #56
James Roberts (w) • Priscilla Tramontano (a & c)
TITANS RETURN! On Luna 1, nothing ever happens—and as far as FORTRESS MAXIMUS and RED ALERT are concerned, nothing ever will. After all, who else could possibly be interested in the Luna 1’s birthing field and its graveyard full of dead Titans?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #56—Subscription Variant
James Roberts (w) • Priscilla Tramontano (a) • Nick Roche (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
You’ve never seen a TRANSFORMERS crossover like this before!
Ties directly in to this month’s TRANSFORMERS!
Sets the stage for next month’s REVOLUTION!
Variant cover by Ken Christiansen!

Transformers vs G.I. Joe, Vol. 3
Tom Scioli & John Barber (w) • Tom Scioli (a & c)
The biggest space battle ever grows to universal proportions! Will the G.I. JOE team and the AUTOBOTS make peace—before COBRA and the DECEPTICONS end the war… the bad way?! Collects issues #10–13.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 120 pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-693-5

Bullet points:
The series you never thought would happen comes to its thunderous conclusion!

Transformers: War Within Omnibus
Simon Furman (w) • Don Figueroa, Andrew Wildman (a) • Don Figueroa (c)
Collects both the WAR WITHIN and WAR WITHIN: DARK AGES series. In this 12-part story, four million years before the Transformers arrived on Earth, civil war rocks their home world of Cybertron, and Optimus Prime faces his first–and greatest–challenge. But before he can deal with the Decepticons, the new Autobot leader must look within, and decide if Cybertron is worth saving at all!
TPB • FC • $24.99 • 312 pages • 6” x 9” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-692-8

Bullet points:
Back in print!

Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Vol. 4
Chris Metzen, Flint Dille, John Barber, James Roberts(w) • Livio Ramondelli, Andrew Griffith, Alex Milne, Agustin Padilla, Atilio Rojo (a) • Marcelo Matere (c)
In the early days of the war on Cybertron, two leaders start down their paths towards destiny. Meanwhile, on current day Cybertron, Megatron is back! Everything Bumblebee and his Autobots have built teeters on the edge of collapse–and Starscream has to make the choice his whole life has been leading to. On the Lost Light, a secret prisoner is confined in the bowels of the ship. Collects the Monstrosity mini-series, Robots in Disguise #12–18, and More Than Meets the Eye #14–16.
HC • FC • $49.99 • 356 pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-715-4

Bullet points:
Is there such thing as More than More Than Meets The Eye? Must be, because this is it!
Advance solicited for September release!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers August 2016 Solicitations: #TAAO, #TitansReturn, War Within

Postby Kurona » Wed May 18, 2016 4:38 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
THEY ALL COMBINE TO KICK SUPERION'S BEHIND AS THE BIG BAD BATTLIN' BRUTICUS

Well ****, looks like there's gonna be two Fort Maxes now... they're bringing in all the new toys lmao. Hope this'll be a better toyline tie-in than CW.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Transformers August 2016 Solicitations: #TAAO, #TitansReturn, War Within

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 18, 2016 4:51 am

Kurona wrote:THEY ALL COMBINE TO KICK SUPERION'S BEHIND AS THE BIG BAD BATTLIN' BRUTICUS

Well SHIZZLESNIT, looks like there's gonna be two Fort Maxes now... they're bringing in all the new toys lmao. Hope this'll be a better toyline tie-in than CW.

Oh for gods sake...look, there's not going to be two fortress Maximus. There are no pack in comics this time with the toys. IDW is doing there own version of a Titans Return. That does not mean they have to follow what hasbro is doing with the toys.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Kurona » Wed May 18, 2016 4:55 am

Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:THEY ALL COMBINE TO KICK SUPERION'S BEHIND AS THE BIG BAD BATTLIN' BRUTICUS

Well SHIZZLESNIT, looks like there's gonna be two Fort Maxes now... they're bringing in all the new toys lmao. Hope this'll be a better toyline tie-in than CW.

Oh for gods sake...look, there's not going to be two fortress Maximus. There are no pack in comics this time with the toys. IDW is doing there own version of a Titans Return. That does not mean they have to follow what hasbro is doing with the toys.

No I mean cos like, the cover clearly shows both IDW Fort Max and traditional Fort Max's big lug, with IDW obviously being far too small to form it. Plus if the blurb is to be believed, this giant Fort Max corpse is apparently a dead titan - ie a completely different guy.
Can't say I'd mind much. Better than turning the current IDW Fort Max into him.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 18, 2016 5:08 am

Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

No I mean cos like, the cover clearly shows both IDW Fort Max and traditional Fort Max's big lug, with IDW obviously being far too small to form it. Plus if the blurb is to be believed, this giant Fort Max corpse is apparently a dead titan - ie a completely different guy.

I apologize. I have heard up and down people theorizing there's gonna be two characters names fort max in IDW because of the new toy and it's like "do you really think they'd do that? No. It's just a toy. IDW gets to do what they want and it's just their own version of the event." IDW has said time and time again MTMTE will just deal with the background of the Titans. Remember how they incorporated CW cyclonus? They didn't.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Wed May 18, 2016 5:12 am

Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I apologize. I have heard up and down people theorizing there's gonna be two characters names fort max in IDW because of the new toy and it's like "do you really think they'd do that? No. It's just a toy. IDW gets to do what they want and it's just their own version of the event." IDW has said time and time again MTMTE will just deal with the background of the Titans. Remember how they incorporated CW cyclonus? They didn't.

Aye it's just like, fort max is kind of the big toy in Titans Return. CW Cyclonus is, like... who cares. I doubt it's the one Hasbro desperately needs advertised compared to the massive £150 centerpiece. And he's on the cover and all so that's just why I figured it'd happen; doesn't mean he'll be called Fort Max either - maybe Fort Max uses his lobotomised corpse to drive around in and destroy anyone that comes close.
But yeah no bother man, it's whatever. I just wanna get hyped for this stuff.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 18, 2016 6:18 am

Yay Livio is back on for an event... Can't wait for flat asymmetrical characters that are suppose to be symmetrical with two expressions, smiling or just closed mouth, surrounded in darkness that's suppose to be an excuse for backgrounds.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Mkall » Wed May 18, 2016 6:26 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
War Within was like, my most favourite storyline ever! even if it was never completed, I'm going to have to pick it up.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed May 18, 2016 6:40 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Mkall wrote:War Within was like, my most favourite storyline ever! even if it was never completed, I'm going to have to pick it up.
I always thought that since IDW allowed Furman to do ReGeneration, they would also allow him to complete Age of Wrath, at least. I already have the WW Omnibus, though. This is just a reprint.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby galvatron00 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:43 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Mkall wrote:War Within was like, my most favourite storyline ever! even if it was never completed, I'm going to have to pick it up.
I was hoping someone would say "WAR WITHIN OMNIBUS?! WOOOOOOOOO!", and you were the closest to it :)

Just re-read those comics last week. Great stuff. Psyching myself up to buy this guy..
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 18, 2016 7:03 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:
I always thought that since IDW allowed Furman to do ReGeneration, they would also allow him to complete Age of Wrath, at least. I already have the WW Omnibus, though. This is just a reprint.

They can't because the unfinished stories are stuck in limbo due to the creative teams not getting paid and not knowing who got paid and didn't get paid. It's not just Simon Furman and Jo ng. It's the inker, colorist, background artist(because that was a thing back then), editor, letterer and so on. you can't republish a book when they have no idea who got paid. If they did then whoever didn't get paid could crawl out of whatever hole they've been in and sue and it's not IDWs obligation to pay for artists' work that they did not employ.

Could they have Simon and Jo return to start the series over? Yes but why would they? It's a dead continuity. It's not like regeneration one where that was intended to complete an entire story. age of wrath was just a spec of dreamwaves unfinished universe and it's not a companies duty to bring back one pice of a "big" puzzle. volume one and dark ages are at least somewhat closed stories but even I don't think they should be rereleased.

And before anyone asks no they won't consider printing Vol. 3 of DW ongoing because no one has a clue of who was paid for that and the creative team James McDonough and Adam Patyck refuse to do anything unless they get their back pay, again not IDWs responsibility to pay people for work that wasn't IDWs work.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Va'al » Wed May 18, 2016 7:30 am

Randomhero wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

They can't because the unfinished stories are stuck in limbo due to the creative teams not getting paid and not knowing who got paid and didn't get paid. It's not just Simon Furman and Jo ng. It's the inker, colorist, background artist(because that was a thing back then), editor, letterer and so on. you can't republish a book when they have no idea who got paid. If they did then whoever didn't get paid could crawl out of whatever hole they've been in and sue and it's not IDWs obligation to pay for artists' work that they did not employ.

Could they have Simon and Jo return to start the series over? Yes but why would they? It's a dead continuity. It's not like regeneration one where that was intended to complete an entire story. age of wrath was just a spec of dreamwaves unfinished universe and it's not a companies duty to bring back one pice of a "big" puzzle. volume one and dark ages are at least somewhat closed stories but even I don't think they should be rereleased.

And before anyone asks no they won't consider printing Vol. 3 of DW ongoing because no one has a clue of who was paid for that and the creative team James McDonough and Adam Patyck refuse to do anything unless they get their back pay, again not IDWs responsibility to pay people for work that wasn't IDWs work.

On the other hand, all of the scripts exist, bar the final issue, which is only a synopsis.
So the story can at least get some closure, if people are after that!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby galvatron00 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:34 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Dr Va'al wrote:On the other hand, all of the scripts exist, bar the final issue, which is only a synopsis.
Me. Closure for all of the DW.

Forever.
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed May 18, 2016 7:36 am

Randomhero wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Okay, relax. I was just speculating, no need to get all bent out of shape. :)

As for Titans Return, in the fiction at least, it would be neat if Fortress Maximus could get inside a Titan's head and pilot it, much like the small guy does for PE's Warden. But that's just me fanwanking.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 18, 2016 7:36 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Barber and Milne are no where to be found this month?? awe boo :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Va'al » Wed May 18, 2016 7:46 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Barber and Milne are no where to be found this month?? awe boo :MAXIMAL:

Barber is writing TF #56, so not sure who you mean... :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 18, 2016 7:46 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Okay, relax. I was just speculating, no need to get all bent out of shape. :)

As for Titans Return, in the fiction at least, it would be neat if Fortress Maximus could get inside a Titan's head and pilot it, much like the small guy does for PE's Warden. But that's just me fanwanking.

I'm not bent out of shape. It's called being educated on what is possible and what isn't possible. There's no need to speculate if the facts are out there.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 18, 2016 7:48 am

Dr Va'al wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

On the other hand, all of the scripts exist, bar the final issue, which is only a synopsis.
So the story can at least get some closure, if people are after that![/quote

Yes if anyone wants at least a form of closure go to tfwiki. The guys there were nice enough to post them with links to Simons blog of what he had
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Va'al » Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 am

Randomhero wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Yes if anyone wants at least a form of closure go to tfwiki. The guys there were nice enough to post them with links to Simons blog of what he had

'Nice enough' is arguable. Simon was not a fan of the scripts going public (as they were source of con income), though he may have changed his mind since.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Dr Va'al wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Barber and Milne are no where to be found this month?? awe boo :MAXIMAL:

:shock: I meant Griffith :MAXIMAL:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Va'al » Wed May 18, 2016 7:58 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:

:shock: I meant Griffith :MAXIMAL:

Ah. Yes. I'm curious to see if there are further developments on that front. :-$
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 18, 2016 7:59 am

I'm just happy they are going to put some more focus on Red and Fort Max, and finally deal with the titan graveyard again :MAXIMAL:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 18, 2016 8:08 am

Dr Va'al wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

'Nice enough' is arguable. Simon was not a fan of the scripts going public (as they were source of con income), though he may have changed his mind since.

He was the one that posted them wasn't he. They could only come from two places, Simon or Dreamwave and dreamwave's are on some server in a store shed somewhere. I remember when seibertron.com posted the news all those years ago and even reading Simons blog posts about them. Getting a little off topic but after reading his unpublished stories I'm glad they didn't finish. Lol Man those were bad. Different time I guess but boy was energon a conclusion was mess.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby YoungPrime » Wed May 18, 2016 8:10 am

Hmmm.....So what's the likelihood that IDW's Ft Max will be "mortally wounded" (by Scorponok) and get his "sub-conscience" transferred to a conveniently identical Titan?
Last edited by YoungPrime on Wed May 18, 2016 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed May 18, 2016 8:13 am

YoungPrime wrote:Hmmm.....So what's the likelihood that IDW's Ft Max will be "mortally wounded" and get his "sub-conscience" transferred to a conveniently identical Titan?
That's not a bad idea. But I like Max just the way he is. Plus, PE's Warden is a great figure.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON