This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:18 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
ZeroWolf wrote:And architects know where to put pieces together...I'll now be very dissatisfied if it isn't, this all fits together very well
Functionists would be fine, but careful with that last part! The ink is dry on these books (story-wise) so if things don't happen as you expect, as long as it's good try to remember to enjoy the ride regardless :)
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby DarkEnergon » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:20 am

Motto: "You can't harm me while Dark Energon flows through my veins!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Were there 12 knights of cybertron and 12 functionist council members?
DarkEnergon
Minibot
Buy from DarkEnergon on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 4
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:39 am

It has to be them. There’s no one it can logically be. Anyone else just doesn’t make sense.

Why would megatron come back. He thought he got they left behind to give them a second chance. Even though his chest is cleverly hidden I think that’s just for everyone say “what’s going on there?!” And he’s still sporting the autobot badge. I won’t be surprised if he isn’t
Last edited by Randomhero on Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:44 am

DarkEnergon wrote:Were there 12 knights of cybertron and 12 functionist council members?

No there were thousands of Knights. We saw them in the recording but I think the crew that made it back to Cybertron with the Matrix were the future functionalist council.

If it is them, are they the functionists from the main universe or the counter universe or both. Megatron returns for a reason and he’s not alone. I just think he drove them off Cybertron and they wound up in this universe in the past. They combined together and formed the super spark that skids saw.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:46 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
ScottyP wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:And architects know where to put pieces together...I'll now be very dissatisfied if it isn't, this all fits together very well
Functionists would be fine, but careful with that last part! The ink is dry on these books (story-wise) so if things don't happen as you expect, as long as it's good try to remember to enjoy the ride regardless :)

Well I'll enjoy the cast interactions as always, I mean regardless of who the big bad is, Rodimus and co always entertain. I think it's just more that the big bad being the functionalist council, would be the best ending, on the other hand though, I guess, we all thought that about Tarn and Roller and look what happened there.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:48 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Well I'll enjoy the cast interactions as always, I mean regardless of who the big bad is, Rodimus and co always entertain. I think it's just more that the big bad being the functionalist council, would be the best ending, on the other hand though, I guess, we all thought that about Tarn and Roller and look what happened there.

Not for one second did I think roller was Tarn. I never thought it was him due to all the blatant clues that were just screaming it’s roller and that’s not how Roberts writes and that’s exactly what they were.

I always thought it was proteus or the original Magnus since we never saw their death. Happy I was wrong but never once did I see Tarn as Roller.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:55 am

The thing about Roller and Tarn is becuase some people saw the circled vents on the side of his head and for years bothered Roberts about it. Roberts just went with it for fun but always intended him being Glitch.

With my theory about the functionalist, that just make sense. It’s certainly makes more sense than quintessons who haven't been established at all in MTMTELL or even Overlord retuning but that’s just because people just weren’t happy with his ending in Requiem but what else were you gonna do with him? They made him stupid powerful and unbeatable and had to be clever to get rid of him. Overlord was nothing but a side character in MTMTE and loved him so much they wanted him to be the next megatron or Starscream or Shockwave. He was a powerful thug. It was more fitting to have Nick write his demise than anyone else.
Last edited by Randomhero on Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:14 pm

I agree about overlord, there's not a lot more to be done with him and no rivals really to have a confrontation with aboard the LL. As you say much better that Nick got to write his end.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:37 pm

I don’t want it to sound like I don’t like Overlord I do. Hell I bought Legends m Overlord becuase I wanted the feminine face and I treat him as IDW Overlord but I’m not gonna say he’s one of the best characters in IDW. I hated his origin and I’m really not a fan of how he was portrayed by Roberts. In LSOTW he was a war general and a feared one and you did get a feel that the Wreckers probably could have defeated him. In MTMTE he was made into wolverine and made to be this unstoppable killing machine that was just obsessed with megatron and I didn’t like that. It really became “well how do you beat him?” Same reason I’m not the biggest DJD fan. They were fun in their introduction and then they slaughtered 200 autobots with ease and by their next appearance needed help to find and kill megatron. I just didn’t like it. They were overpowered until the script didn’t want them to be.

With Overlord, his story was told. He’s not making a miraculous return becuase he died. You see him dying from his dialogue as his first half is tossed into the gate with his speech starting to get worse.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:11 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Just saying, potential spoiler:

Alex Milne is working on Unicron and included in his sketches that he posts that are usually for a book he's working on due out in 2 to 3 months, Autobot Megatron is there, just posted earlier today. So it looks like Autobot Megatron will make an appearance in something Milne inked, even if for a panel

Also, I'm still not so unsure about organics and Quintessons being involved. Afterall, the Magnificence responded to the grand architect, and it has been said that it cannot resist anything tainted with organics. I like the functionist theory, but I'm not on board with it entirely.

Plus, with regards to the final villain, Glitch was someone that only piqued a few peoples suspicions of being Tarn, and had Roberts not had Megatron say his name, his physical self didn't even look like it, so we would never have known.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:54 pm

I just rather it not be the quints, plus it does raise the question of why they would refer to megatron like that when they've had no story matter since...Monstrosity? It's just a bit of a stretch compared to the funcionists.

Also the bit that you spoilered? Interesting, We'll see how that pans out, if at all.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:55 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
ZeroWolf wrote:I just rather it not be the quints, plus it does raise the question of why they would refer to megatron like that when they've had no story matter since...Monstrosity? It's just a bit of a stretch compared to the funcionists.

Also the bit that you spoilered? Interesting, We'll see how that pans out, if at all.

Yeah, not sure how 100% of a spoiler it is, but he's consistent, so I figured it might actually be something.
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:06 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Just saying, potential spoiler:

Alex Milne is working on Unicron and included in his sketches that he posts that are usually for a book he's working on due out in 2 to 3 months, Autobot Megatron is there, just posted earlier today. So it looks like Autobot Megatron will make an appearance in something Milne inked, even if for a panel

Also, I'm still not so unsure about organics and Quintessons being involved. Afterall, the Magnificence responded to the grand architect, and it has been said that it cannot resist anything tainted with organics. I like the functionist theory, but I'm not on board with it entirely.

Plus, with regards to the final villain, Glitch was someone that only piqued a few peoples suspicions of being Tarn, and had Roberts not had Megatron say his name, his physical self didn't even look like it, so we would never have known.

It’s not just organic. It can choose. It chose to speak to Nickel as well. It speaks when it wants to.

I wouldn’t put too much cred on Alex’s Twitter He can’t post spoiler stuff and he’s good at that. Alex just posts a lot stuff, some Commissions and some stuff he plays around with.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:18 pm

That’s not exactly true about glitch. There’s clues all in all of his appearances in the past and clues during skids flashbacks. Someone even posted his theory that glitch was Tarn on Reddit and showed the clues months before the reveal and that poor soul was laughed off Reddit by other posts telling him he wrong and that it’s Roller.
Last edited by Randomhero on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:24 pm

Randomhero wrote:I wouldn’t put too much cred on Alex’s Twitter He can’t post spoiler stuff and he’s good at that. Alex just posts a lot stuff, some Commissions and some stuff he plays around with.

The main thing was he said "One last time" and with Unicron, he has suspended doing commissions until after he's finished, so there's that too
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:24 pm

Randomhero wrote:That’s exactly true about glitch. There’s clues all in all of his appearances in the past and clues during skids flashbacks. Someone even posted his theory that glitch was Tarn on Reddit and showed the clues months before the reveal and that poor soul was laughed off Reddit by other posts telling him he wrong and that it’s Roller.

Ah but at least they got the last laugh, which is more important ;-)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:36 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I wouldn’t put too much cred on Alex’s Twitter He can’t post spoiler stuff and he’s good at that. Alex just posts a lot stuff, some Commissions and some stuff he plays around with.

The main thing was he said "One last time" and with Unicron, he has suspended doing commissions until after he's finished, so there's that too

Still id wait to see it. Could be anything. Inventive cover or something.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ArmadaPrime » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:31 pm

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
DarkEnergon wrote:Were there 12 knights of cybertron and 12 functionist council members?

The Knights were a huge group, but there were 12 Council members.

However, that's sparked a theory that I'm going to put under spoiler tags because I really do think it might be true. (Then again, I still think that about my previous theory regarding Rung and the Magnificence, so maybe by this point I've driven myself doo-lally with theories 8-} ...
Anyhow:
Rung is the thirteenth member of the functionist council.

To elaborate, briefly:
    Thirteen is a well-established Important Number in the mythos, particularly through the Primes
    Notably, the Primes are almost always down a member (sometimes The Fallen/Megatronus, sometimes The Arisen/Optimus) in any given continuity
    Rung is really old
    Like, really old. He can't remember a lot of his earlier years
    Rung has a slender 'bot mode with no discernible alt-mode kibble and a round glowy thing on his chest; as do the Council
    Rung turns into an indiscernible Thing with no function. The Council believed they combined into the Key to Vector Sigma, but Vector Sigma didn't need a key- they also have no function. If all thirteen members combined their alt-modes, perhaps they would have a function...
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:52 pm

That's certainly one of the better theories I've heard, so thanks for sharing :-D question is...what is the function...
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby ArmadaPrime » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Cheers! In fairness though, that's where I come a little unstuck... I still think there's a link to the Magnificence though, so maybe something to do with that?
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:00 pm

:-? Hmm...I do wonder what the magnificence's part in this is. The fun is in the finding out :-) though it comes with the realisation that we are near the end now
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Spoiler Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #22

Postby Va'al » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:23 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The final preview today from IDW Publishing's Transformers comics features the three opening pages of the next issue of ongoing series Lost Light, and spoilers directly from page 1.

As such, we are not mirroring the images below, as people who are not caught up with issue #21 will have that ending spoiled well in advance of their own reading experience. We are however linking to the full preview pages with art by Brendan Cahill here and below, by clicking on the Nick Roche / Josh Burcham variant cover.

The final battle begins—and when it’s over, nothing will be the same. Everything that Lost Light—and More Than Meets The Eye before it—has thrown at you, from the biggest plot twist to the smallest incidental detail, has been leading to this: all your favorites, arm-in-arm, hand-in-hand, ready to go out in style.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:31 am

*goes and reads the preview*

Well...kudos Roberts...you've certainly exceeded my expectations. Now prove to me that you know what you're doing :-P
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Black Bumblebee » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:31 am

Well... that's a thing that's... um... happening
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Black Bumblebee » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:00 am

Just learned from another board that the ENTIRE ISSUE is already available for digital download. Already read it, but obviously I'll keep spoilers to myself.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN Transformers G1 Triplechangers complete + instructions 1985 221120A"
ASTROTRAIN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHISPER Transformers G1 Micromasters Air Strike Patrol Hasbro 1989 220302A"
WHISPER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210583 9A (CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Fox Kids CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe complete Hasbro 1999 210923A"
Fox Kids CHEETOR T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TIGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe 100% complete vtg Hasbro 1996 230609A"
TIGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DILLO Transformers Beast Machines Deployers Hasbro 2000 New / purple; version #1"
DILLO Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 G1 Prototype 2023 New"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210483 3B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-07 AIRAZOR + INFERNO Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
BWVS-07 AIRAZOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers G1 Mini-Bot complete Hasbro 1986 240109A"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JAN210500 2RI 220427"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G1 JUMBO COLLECTORS CASE Hasbro Tara Toy 1984 Great Condition"
Transformers G1 JU ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON