Original Animation Cells/Scripts from The Transformers G1 Cartoon and The Movie up for auction

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Original Animation Cells/Scripts from The Transformers G1 Cartoon and The Movie up for auction

Postby Bronzewolf » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:32 am

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Seibertronians, we have a very cool little piece of news for you. The Prop/Animation auction company Profiles in History has released the listings for their upcoming Animation-themed auction titled Animation And Disneyana, and the lots range from Tim Burton models to Disneyland employee costumes, and everything in between. Although those are some of the oddities of the line up, what the auction has plenty of is animation cells and other production artifacts from many classic examples of the genre, specifically from The Transformers original cartoon and Transformers: The Movie. These include a "Character Bible", with an original character model for every Transformer from the Sunbow cartoon, apparently packaged with a bio for each, listing strengths and weaknesses and characteristics. Other lots consist of colored cells of Metroplex and Trypticon battling, as well as scripts for the episodes "Rust in Peace" (or what would become "Cosmic Rust") "Grimlock's New Brain", "The Return of Optimus Prime", and, most importantly, the original script for the 1986 Transformers Movie. The Transformers lots actually come from the personal collection of G1 Production Coordinator Paul Davids!

There's too many amazing lots to list here, so take a look at some of the coolest of the cool below, but then check out the entire catalogue here!(Transformers begin on page 36) The auction takes place on the 9th of December, and you can bid online, so Mark your calendars!

Please tell us in the comments: Are you planning to bid? If so, on what lot? Did you end up winning? And, as always, stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all the latest Transformers news!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
News Staff
News Credits: 98
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Original Animation Cells/Scripts from The Transformers G1 Cartoon and The Movie up for auction

Postby Bronzewolf » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:52 am

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Gah, there's so many cool things for sale. Going into writing this I just thought "Eh, it's a big catalogue, I'll just skip through to the Transformers section." but I got to about the Hannah Barberra stuff or the Peanuts cells before I had to stop and Look through all of it. I thoroughly enjoyed that from beginning to end. Just awesome.

I know this is way way way off topic, but those Lady and The Tramps cells and the concept art are unbelievable.

This has always been my mom and I's favorite movie, a major bonding point for us, and we've ammassed a bit of a collection of Lady and the Tramp merchandise (one of the original Lady stuffed animals and a minty 1955 Time Magazine ad for the movie are highlights) so these are super cool to me. I wish I had enough to maybe get one or two for her for the holidays.

I'd be facinated to know if anyone on here got their hands on any of the TF stuff, though.
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
News Staff
News Credits: 98
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Original Animation Cells for The Transformers G1 for Auction

Postby Va'al » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:55 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
From fandom archivist and collector Jim Sorenson, we have a piece of news that may appeal to the more hardcore memorabilia collectors out there: an auction for small series of G1 Transformers animation cells, with all information listed below. Any bids should go via Sorenson directly, who can be contacted here, but take a browse of the images below!

One of my Transformers contacts has asked me to help sell a few G1 Transformers cells, so I figured I'd do this low-key. At present they have five for sale: Optimus Prime, Decepticons at Sherman Dam, Slag, Ratchet, and Ravage. The seller requests anonymity, so I'm acting as (unpaid) intermediary.

How this works is simple. If you're interested in any of these cells, just PM me your offer. (Note that, unless you live in driving distance from Hollywood, you're going to have to add 3% for paypal and another few bucks for insured shipping on top of your best offer, so price that into consideration.) After a week I'll pass on the best offers to the seller. That might include conceivably include multiple offers on the same piece, if one person for example makes an offer on three of the five cells. If the seller agrees, you'll paypal the money to me and I'll ship you the cell.

They're all nice pieces, with backgrounds. I can authenticate that they're original Sunbow pieces from back in the day. Good luck to anyone whose interested!

EDIT -- because people are asking, there are currently bids in the low hundred dollar range for each piece. Because it's not an auction I don't want to get too much more specific than that.

Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
Va'al
News Admin
News Credits: 182
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Titans Return Overlord & Dreadnaut Leader Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 53 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Murk & Octane - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 57 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return  Hazard & Blitzwing - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 59 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Voyager Wave 5 Blitzwing & Octane - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 1 minute 33 seconds
2006 Transformers Optimus Prime Talking Helmet Voice Changer Mask Complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 7 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Autobot Men's Ring .925 Sterling Silver!! - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 17 minutes 39 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Generations FOC TG-17 Blaster & Steeljaw TG17 in USA!! - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 17 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons Bombshell Kickback Skrapnel Stock Now - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 17 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017