This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #194 "Toy Fair 2018"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #194 "Toy Fair 2018"

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:57 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
The Big Apple hosted a huge event over the weekend for toy enthusiasts of all types...Toyfair 2018! This gathering held big dreams and hopes for Transformers fans as we looked for reveals of the magnitude that we've come to expect from such past experiences. We waited, somewhat impatiently by our social media feeds, and finally it came. Did the show end up being more of a toy-unfair, or were we done a titan class solid by Hasbro? Opinions vary, but you can hear the thoughts of our host ScottyP joined by xRotorstormx, and Tigertrack, with special guest appearances by Seibertron and friends live from New York! That doesn't quite sound like enough for you? Megatronus also landed an interview with the HASBRO brand team!

Episode #194 "Toy Fair 2018" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Our talkative trio wasted no time mincing the small stuff, we jumped right in to discuss the largest and most anticipated reveal, Titan Class Power of the Primes Predaking! More than wings this time, the show had the full-on painted reveal of this monstrous bots' combined mode, as well as, the individual animal, and bot modes. Our crew had some things to say about it...some good, some bad, but we want to know what did you think? Was it what you pictured in your mind's eye? You can refresh your memory by checking out Predaking's Toy Fair 2018 gallery.

You can imagine that big bot took a big chunk of time in discussion, but we also managed to talk about another fairly large bot, Power or the Prime's leader-class Optimal Optimus which also made a splash in the display. Beast Wars fans get a treat as this triple-changing favorite is updated and seems ready to make it straight into our collections. You can use this gallery to re-acquaint yourself to POTP's Optimal Optimus on display at toyfair.

Yes indeed, the cast did also find time to talk a little bit about Abominus, Terrocons, Nova Star, and the newly revealed Prime masters: Bomb-burst, Bludgeon, and Octopunch! Cute, and yet awesome! Check out the Power of the Primes Toyfair gallery to refresh yourself on the new offerings.

Host ScottyP also does a quick in hand check on the POTP Hungrr (Hungurr, Hunger?) mold versus the Combiner Wars Silverbolt mold. Shared parts..more?...less?

But it's not all about the Power of the Primes. The Movie Studio Series was also bantered around and it seems there was much to delight the movie toy collector in the forms of leader-class Blackout and Grimlock, and several other interesting new offerings. Oh, did you know there's a gallery for the Movie Studio series at Toyfair too? :) (Sorry folks, I mistakenly referred to Brawl as a deluxe in the show, but he's listed as a voyager.) :HEADHURTS:

We manage to also chat a little about Cyberverse (psst...Cyberverse Toy Fair galleries are here)...

ScottyP scored most of the wave 2 Power of the Primes toys at retail, and he couldn't stop gushing about Battletrap, Roadtrap, and Battleslash...and the changeable pants! Have you managed to find any of the wave 2 offerings at retail yet? All classes (legends - Battleslash, Roadtrap, and Tailgate; deluxes - Dinobots Snarl and Sludge, Terrorcon Rippersnapper, Moonracer, and Blackwing; voyagers- Hun-grr, and Elita-One; and finally, leader - Rodimus Unicronus) have now been found out in the wild! You may want to get your hunt on...

Somewhere in the middle of it all we touch on the new fan vote, also. Versus sets (choosing one of the three) or 3 new figures and you're choosing between the two in each set? Nah, it's the first.

And to conclude the show, are Seibertron and friends (unavailable, but credit deserving was fellow podcaster Megatronus!). After a long day of photographing and reporting, these toy aficionados share about the experience and how they felt upon being in the audience of the presentation and able to experience the new reveals with their own eyes.

A post-script conclusion: Megatronus (mentioned earlier) interviewed the HASBRO brand team over the weekend too. We've added the interview to the podcast as a listener bonus! You can check out a summarized text version of the interview in this news post.

Thanks for joining us for another filled-to-the-brim with transforming roboty goodness episode. Please join us next time, as we move one step closer to our our grand bicentennial episode.

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #194 "Toy Fair 2018"

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Any luck getting those wave 2 deluxes today Scotty? You seem to have a four-leaf clover in your lapel with all the wave 2 goodness that you've found.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby ScottyP » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Tigertrack wrote:Any luck getting those wave 2 deluxes today Scotty? You seem to have a four-leaf clover in your lapel with all the wave 2 goodness that you've found.
Nah. They haven't hit NC yet at all apparently, but with a day off I figured I'd poke around a few local spots anyhow!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Acesmcgee » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:36 am

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Another fun podcast! Thanks everyone for your time and efforts to bring us these.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby ScottyP » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:38 am

Megatronus- all MPM-1 needs is a reissue. It works great. Can't believe you got that group to tell the Hasboys otherwise :/

Speaking of the Hasbro interview, I am sorry if it's difficult to hear. Figured it was better if you had to turn up the low parts rather than be deafened by the foreground sound when it comes in. The output of a leveler effect on it wasn't pretty and we're not pro audio people so hopefully you can forgive me :)
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby megatronus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:45 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
RE: Hungrr

DAMN YOU SCOTTYP!!!!!!!!!!

RE: MPM1

An MPM1 reissue in the Studio Series line would be great. But, after observing that Studio Series voyager Starscream in person - which has sharper details, better posability, and portends to be an overall better toy - it's hard to square MPM1 holding the title of 'Masterpiece'.

John Warden said it best: it's the difference between MP1 and MP10. No knocking MPM1, but we've come so much farther in the last 8-10 years that we (I) could use an update.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:00 pm

megatronus wrote:
John Warden said it best: it's the difference between MP1 and MP10. No knocking MPM1, but we've come so much farther in the last 8-10 years that we (I) could use an update.
Next time you have an opportunity to handle MPM-1 ot HftD Leader Starscream I think you should do so. It holds up in almost every way next to MPM-3 and 4. The arm missile launching gimmick is probably the only exception, as I could see an MP discarding that for something less fidgety.

It really just comes down to wanting character variation. I wouldn't be fussed about a new MPM Starscream, of course, but I'd rather have a character like Soundwave or Shockwave get the MP treatment before they do (more) retreads.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby megatronus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:25 pm

ScottyP wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Next time you have an opportunity to handle MPM-1 ot HftD Leader Starscream I think you should do so. It holds up in almost every way next to MPM-3 and 4. The arm missile launching gimmick is probably the only exception, as I could see an MP discarding that for something less fidgety.

It really just comes down to wanting character variation. I wouldn't be fussed about a new MPM Starscream, of course, but I'd rather have a character like Soundwave or Shockwave get the MP treatment before they do (more) retreads.

No question: Starscream is an amazing movie Leader Class toy - maybe even the best one overall - and always handled well. I'm just looking for more. More detail, more accuracy, more posability, more accessories. Guess we'll see.

Counterpoint on Soundwave: if Leader Starscream is suitable as an MP, why not Human Alliance Soundwave?

Shockwave - now that's a character I'd like to see in MP form.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby megatronus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Any questions I can answer, re: Toy Fair?

-Brawl is a voyager.
-Grimlock's robot mode dino-head shoulder pads fold upside down and lay flat against his alt mode hips.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby ScottyP » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:11 pm

megatronus wrote:Any questions I can answer, re: Toy Fair?

-Brawl is a voyager.
-Grimlock's robot mode dino-head shoulder pads fold upside down and lay flat against his alt mode hips.
Real talk: the Cyberverse toys look bad, like RiD but a step back. Please tell me they at least look equal to RiD in person.

And on HA Soundwave, I forgot in that moment that it existed. So either no MPM Soundwave needed, or if they do it, use the RotF satellite alt mode.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby megatronus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:17 pm

ScottyP wrote:
megatronus wrote:Any questions I can answer, re: Toy Fair?

-Brawl is a voyager.
Real talk: the Cyberverse toys look bad, like RiD but a step back. Please tell me they at least look equal to RiD in person.

And on HA Soundwave, I forgot in that moment that it existed. So either no MPM Soundwave needed, or if they do it, use the RotF satellite alt mode.

Cyberverse looked just as bad in person. Think RID design aesthetic with Cyber Battalion execution... but quainter.

MMM... I love me a good satellite mode.
Last edited by megatronus on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I love ScottyP's super professional voiceovers on chill music. More please.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:44 pm

ScottyP wrote:
Tigertrack wrote:Any luck getting those wave 2 deluxes today Scotty? You seem to have a four-leaf clover in your lapel with all the wave 2 goodness that you've found.
Nah. They haven't hit NC yet at all apparently, but with a day off I figured I'd poke around a few local spots anyhow!

I'm going to have to do more poking around here, as they have been found in Michigan too! Near my area, but not in my usual visiting places...
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby ScottyP » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 am

Va'al wrote:I love ScottyP's super professional voiceovers on chill music. More please.
There is more of that music available ;D

The secoond bumper track sampled in this episode was from Air, with "Le Femme d'Argent"

That's off the really great album Moon Safari. I recommend Premiers Symptômes from them as well, only an EP but extra catchy.

Speaking of catchy, one day I'll remember to use this for a bump:
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ScottyP wrote:
Va'al wrote:I love ScottyP's super professional voiceovers on chill music. More please.
There is more of that music available ;D

The secoond bumper track sampled in this episode was from Air, with "Le Femme d'Argent"

That's off the really great album Moon Safari. I recommend Premiers Symptômes from them as well, only an EP but extra catchy.

Speaking of catchy, one day I'll remember to use this for a bump:

Well, that was pretty amazing, thank you! Lacks the voice though.

(I have practically no comments on the episode, sorry, it's all toys and I was posting the stuff you were commenting on!)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Starting this on my Lunch Break, but I won’t finish it before I have to go back to W**k.

Before I dive into your comments, I thought I would give my own. I for one am looking forward to Predaking, but this is NOT what I picture when I think of Pred. I was looking for a big, stocky dude and this, while cool, is not. I will say that I am not keen on the whole upper leg and hip ratchet just hanging off Headstrong and Tantrum, but I do think that its cool how they engineered the hip, theory just didn’t bother with hiding it...

I also very much can’t wait for Optimal Optimus, That will be fun, as someone who doesn’t have the original. I wish he got his land vehicle mode, that should not have been hard to include, but I will take it. He won’t be replacing my DoFP Primal, but this looks like a fun toy. Can’t wait.

*Starts PodCast*

Yesterday we were 70 in Indiana, beautiful sunshine and partly cloudy. Today is 38 and cold rain.

The W2 at the Australian show had it pink circles painted over the photos. Over Card Art and such.

“Tantrum” might be in use for another brand. Maybe Mattel has it for Hot Wheels still or an action figure somewhere? (Does Hot Wheels copyright cross into Action Figures or do the toy car segment copyrights count differently?

I definitely agree, Devy was a great figure. Fun story,one of the tabs that goes into Hook’s foot that holds him to Long Haul broke when I moved, but the dang figure is so solid I never noticed t=until I saw the stressed plastic break on Long Haul’s hand. and went “Wait, what’s that?”

I agree with Tigertrack. The 3rd Party offerings give collectors specific things they like, but the Hasbro offerings are not a bad alternative.

I think we can say that even most of the guys who are tired of G1, still like it.

——-
With Abominus, I don’t like how far FARWARD his feet sit. They look like clown shoes t me.

If I weren’t so attached to the Prime figures I would love this, but I just can’t replace my Cyberverse little Abominus army. I just like that those are tiny little human scaled Decepticon monsters. Don’t get me wrong, these are definitely the better figures and better representations, I just really want something different this time and that’s worth passing on these. (It’s also worth 16.95*4+24.99 ;) )
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby YoungPrime » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:06 pm

The 1st 3 guy's (1 girl) felt like they were biting their tongues with their distaste for Predaking but the guy who came in around the 1:30:00 mark hit the nail on the head with the individual Predacon's. "Blocks with legs" is how I'd describe them in the pictures, so him seeing them up close only confirms it.

I mean when it comes to G1 comparison's the G1 make up in some of their design's what they lack in articulation. POTP individual's Pred's don't really have either. But I think we can all agree that this won't be a purchase/preorder on sight set. H3ll, the only Titan I did do that for was Trypticon. I waited for some type of clearance price for the other 3 so with Predaking I don't see paying more than $90 with shipping. Especially since Takara has throwing in the towel on uniqueness.... and if that don't happen, then the G1 Predacon's will remain my stand in's for another 10 years (Just like G1 Reflector has)....
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:19 pm

YoungPrime wrote:The 1st 3 guy's (1 girl) felt like they were biting their tongues with their distaste for Predaking but the guy who came in around the 1:30:00 mark hit the nail on the head with the individual Predacon's. "Blocks with legs" is how I'd describe them in the pictures, so him seeing them up close only confirms it.

I mean when it comes to G1 comparison's the G1 make up in some of their design's what they lack in articulation. POTP individual's Pred's don't really have either. But I think we can all agree that this won't be a purchase/preorder on sight set. H3ll, the only Titan I did do that for was Trypticon. I waited for some type of clearance price for the other 3 so with Predaking I don't see paying more than $90 with shipping. Especially since Takara has throwing in the towel on uniqueness.... and if that don't happen, then the G1 Predacon's will remain my stand in's for another 10 years (Just like G1 Reflector has)....

I did bite my tongue a little, you're right. I have to reserve some judgement for more information, but the initial take was on the reveal was not as awe-inspiring as I was hoping.

I certainly think that waiting can be a wallet saver. Unfortunately, many of us are not patient enough, and certainly on staff here, there is some desire to experience things to be ready to share in whatever way you participate with the site,
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Flashwave » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:01 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Getting into the Movie line,

I like that Blackout too, and I will probably hve to get Stinger. I can’t get into that Jazz though. And I like that Bumblebee but I won’t get it. Screamer does do a good job of capturing the character in the size.

Ratchet looks like one of his Deluxes too.

No, that’s the same Crowbar. But you are right the dreadlocks are shorter on the HTS photo.

I am sure the Brand would still be here, but I agree with Claire, in that it pulled TFs back to the forefront of the shelf. Had the movies not been here, we might have a much smaller line more drowned out by the Marvel toy lines and whatever other competition that is now ALSO in movies of their own.

I like both takes on the cartoons. Tigertrack is not wrong, having Animated to juxtapose agains the movie, a chocolate to the movie’s strawberry, is good, but the Prime style does more accurately fit the movie aesthetic and dovetails in much better. Sorta like what Marvel did with their Avengers cartoon that got reset for the movie.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Skill: 9

Postby YoungPrime » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:07 pm

Wait why does POTP Ambominus have spiked knuckles but Predaking doesn't and he was initially the first G1 combiner with them?
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby ScottyP » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:15 am

Flashwave wrote:I think we can say that even most of the guys who are tired of G1, still like it.
I still love it and always will! But I also miss when the nostalgia trips were more balanced with truly new characters and stories. That goes for the toys too. I think part of the appeal of something like Nitro in the TLK line was that it was the first Nitro, there had never been a Nitro, therefore it was a new thing to explore.

YoungPrime wrote:The 1st 3 guy's (1 girl) felt like they were biting their tongues with their distaste for Predaking
For sure, there was a part of me that wanted to just go all out "this looks bad", but I've had first hand experience in something looking like crud in pictures when it looked great in person at shows which kept me from doing so. After hearing from Ryan that this probably isn't going to happen with Predaking, I'm more over to the "it looks bad" side now! I do try to be positive though (this is supposed to be fun!) so I'm holding out hope that some better poses and fun transformation schemes might save it.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby COMMANDER » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #194 "Toy Fair 2018" (1941276)
Posted by Flashwave on February 21st, 2018 @ 3:33pm CST
Starting this on my Lunch Break, but I won’t finish it before I have to go back to W**k.

Before I dive into your comments, I thought I would give my own. I for one am looking forward to Predaking, but this is NOT what I picture when I think of Pred. I was looking for a big, stocky dude and this, while cool, is not. I will say that I am not keen on the whole upper leg and hip ratchet just hanging off Headstrong and Tantrum, but I do think that its cool how they engineered the hip, theory just didn’t bother with hiding it...

I also very much can’t wait for Optimal Optimus, That will be fun, as someone who doesn’t have the original. I wish he got his land vehicle mode, that should not have been hard to include, but I will take it. He won’t be replacing my DoFP Primal, but this looks like a fun toy. Can’t wait.

*Starts PodCast*

Yesterday we were 70 in Indiana, beautiful sunshine and partly cloudy. Today is 38 and cold rain.

The W2 at the Australian show had it pink circles painted over the photos. Over Card Art and such.

“Tantrum” might be in use for another brand. Maybe Mattel has it for Hot Wheels still or an action figure somewhere? (Does Hot Wheels copyright cross into Action Figures or do the toy car segment copyrights count differently?

I definitely agree, Devy was a great figure. Fun story,one of the tabs that goes into Hook’s foot that holds him to Long Haul broke when I moved, but the dang figure is so solid I never noticed t=until I saw the stressed plastic break on Long Haul’s hand. and went “Wait, what’s that?”

I agree with Tigertrack. The 3rd Party offerings give collectors specific things they like, but the Hasbro offerings are not a bad alternative.

I think we can say that even most of the guys who are tired of G1, still like it.

——-
With Abominus, I don’t like how far FARWARD his feet sit. They look like clown shoes t me.

If I weren’t so attached to the Prime figures I would love this, but I just can’t replace my Cyberverse little Abominus army. I just like that those are tiny little human scaled Decepticon monsters. Don’t get me wrong, these are definitely the better figures and better representations, I just really want something different this time and that’s worth passing on these. (It’s also worth 16.95*4+24.99 )
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #194 "Toy Fair 2018" (1941305)
Posted by YoungPrime on February 21st, 2018 @ 5:06pm CST
The 1st 3 guy's (1 girl) felt like they were biting their tongues with their distaste for Predaking but the guy who came in around the 1:30:00 mark hit the nail on the head with the individual Predacon's. "Blocks with legs" is how I'd describe them in the pictures, so him seeing them up close only confirms it.

OK. Now that I have regained my composure and professionalism-to a degree-let me say I am with Flashwave and YoungPrime as far as Predaking goes. More bluntly I think I’d categorize it with the CW Devastor; it sucks!! :michaelbay: I cannot stress how happy I am with my GCreations Constructicons, and now it looks like I will be shelling out another $400 bucks for a better 3rd party version of Predaking. #-o In addition, how in the world does TAKBRO justify Voyager Class Predicons/Constructicons, but not making the Dinobots Leader/Voyager Class figures to keep with scale?!? :BANG_HEAD: Wasn’t that the whole point of standardizing the scales in the first place? On a positive note, I have to say I appreciate the fact that unlike the Constructicons it appears the Predacons have more/better articulation. I also appreciated the Staff’s awesome pictures from Toy Fair…great eyes. :BOWDOWN:
COMMANDER
Mini-Con

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Sorry Scotty, my jokes don't always work. Even on Twitter. :-D

Predaking looks ok, but nothing awe inspiring like Trypticon or Devastator. But I also hated TR Kup when we first saw pictures of that and then he turned out to be one of my favorite TR figures. I really don't like the thigh and combiner port hanging off the back of the bots though. That's pretty bad.

While I've been out of the movie toy business for a while, that Leader Blackout looks incredible.

The Cyberverse figures do look pretty bad. For those that were there, do they seem to be simpler in transformation? Would it be something my son, who is 4, could graduate up to from Rescue Bots? I wouldn't mind getting him a Prime and he loved POTP Grimlock when I showed him, so I could get him Cyberverse Grimlock too.

Primal looks amazing and I can't wait to get him.

I was also underwhelmed by the POTP reveals. Maybe because we kinda knew what was coming. I really do hope we get the other 2 Female Autobots to finish Elita Infin1te.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:10 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
I picked up Hun-grr today. And yes, he has smaller combiner feet, but they're like 2 millimeters shorter than the ones that come with Grimlock. Starscream and Elita have much larger feet than Hun-grr and Grimlock. I made the combiner and I don't think he'll have any trouble standing.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby ScottyP » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:32 pm

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:I picked up Hun-grr today. And yes, he has smaller combiner feet, but they're like 2 millimeters shorter than the ones that come with Grimlock. Starscream and Elita have much larger feet than Hun-grr and Grimlock. I made the combiner and I don't think he'll have any trouble standing.
How well it can stand isn't my issue with those feet, it's how they look. Say what you will about the CW HFGs, but at least those used the low profile to achieve a proportional advantage compared to these PotP lego block things.

I guess it's just weird to me they would use these after creating foot molds for the Computron and Victorion sets. I get why, you give the Voyager pieces that, for better or worse, can do something if a kid doesn't have four limbs. I just wish they were flatter?
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #3 Cvr B IDW Comics MAR231664 3B (CA) Eastman"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #2 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics 2023 NOV220376 2D (CA) Bernardo"
MMPR TMNT II #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 FEB231506 8A (CA) Federici"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230243 5A (CA) Crain"
NEW!
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #115 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles JAN210492 115RI"
TMNT #115 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #121 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 Ninja Turtles JUL210490 121RI (CA) Alleyne"
TMNT #121 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAY230549 8G (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr F 1:50 IDW Comics JUN231497 2F (CA) Alburquerque"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #6 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JAN231641 6A (CA) Mercado"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUN231485 4A (A/CA) Medel"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 JUL221655 1C (CA) Gregori"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 MAY231440 1C (CA) Woodall"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr F foil Boom Studios Comics JUN230423 (CA) Campbell"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #53 1:25 Boom Studios Comics 2020 JUN200771 MMPR"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON