Modern Icons Unveil Replica Optimus Prime Helmet

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Modern Icons Unveil Replica Optimus Prime Helmet

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:13 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Thanks to the folks over at Bleeding Cool, we've learned that Modern Icons have teamed up with Hasbro again (following their Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes replica helmets from G.I. Joe) to give the fabs another helmet from a beloved franchise. Which one? Which do you think ;)

That's right fellow fans, you can now open a replica helmet based on Optimus Prime (G1 styling)!

Complete with light up eyes and a variety of sound effects, this helmet will allow fans to step into the shoes of one of the best known characters that the 80s ever gave us.

The helmet is exclusive to Gamestop, and this is what they have to say:

Gamestop wrote:Modern Icons and Hasbro are proud to present the Optimus Prime Replica Transformers Helmet. Inspired by the Generation 1 version of Optimus Prime as seen in the Transformers 80's cartoon, this GameStop exclusive, with unique design, is a fully wearable helmet with light-up eyes and authentic sounds and phrases. This legacy-inspired piece will add to any avid fan's Transformers collection.

The price of this helmet will be $129.99 and is set to be released in August 2021.

Would this be a good addition to your collection?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1008

Re: Modern Icons Unveil Replica Optimus Prime Helmet

Postby First-Aid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:04 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I'm curious as to the actual safety profile of this. I can't see it being used for bike riding or skating due to issues with vision obstruction; may be "useful" for paintball but it's not very camouflaged. If you just want to be epically geeky, this is a certain winner.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.
First-Aid
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby cloudballoon » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:17 pm

I can't imagine anyone would use it as a bike helmet. It's a collectible. For home, Halloween, and cosplay, so the safety standard shouldn't be much more than make it breathable?
cloudballoon
Micromaster

Postby First-Aid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:49 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
cloudballoon wrote:I can't imagine anyone would use it as a bike helmet. It's a collectible. For home, Halloween, and cosplay, so the safety standard shouldn't be much more than make it breathable?

Probably, but let's face it: an Optimus Prime of Megatron motorcycle helmet would be flippin awesome...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.
First-Aid
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby masterX244 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:55 pm

Any source for this for those that live across the pond? (europe)

Edit: Gamestop itself prvents shipping via cargo forwarder by checking if the payment account country matches
masterX244
Mini-Con

Postby joevill » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:40 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
This looks great! I just pre-ordered it thanks!
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
Twincast / Podcast #275:
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Viper Legends Figure MOSC New!!" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Legends Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE SIDESWIPE, Beeside Combiner 2017." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Smokescreen, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak, 100% Complete, MIB" on EBAY