This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Michael Bay no to Transformers 2

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Michael Bay no to Transformers 2

Postby riogrande100 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:03 am

Say what you like about the man, but the fact that he is standing up for consumers and missing out on a lot of money out of the principle for us consumers.

because Paramount screwing Blu ray Customers.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=415
riogrande100
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Maju Garzett » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:35 am

This should be Newsified. Paramount seriously dug a grave for TF Movies. Will TF2 have the same feel to it? Will the art direction change? Will there be shakey cam (I hope not)?

Only time will tell.
Maju Garzett
Micromaster

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:50 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Maju Garzett wrote:This should be Newsified.

As it is said, so shall it be.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Fred2012 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:55 am

so... no tf2...
Call us your hat, America, but you'll never have Prime dollars!
Fred2012
Combiner

Postby GetterDragun » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:56 am

tyler1451 wrote:so... no tf2...

No, don't start rumors like that. At this time Michael Bay is saying he will not direct TF2.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:56 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Wait, so does this mean there won't be a second movie or does it just mean the he won't have anything to do with the second movie?

Either way, I'm taking this as good news. I wonder how this will play out!
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby General Magnus » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:58 am

Paramount has to be deeply retarded not make Transformers 2...
General Magnus
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby Nico » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:59 am

What about pople who only have NORMAL dvd???
Will they make a Transformers DVD for those who have regular one. Not everybody has HD-DVD.
Last edited by Nico on Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nico
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:59 am

I was real happy with the final product he produced, and as its been stated, I do respect the guy for sticking to his guns on this.

If he doesn't return for TF2, I realy will be upset because stories always go down hill when directors change, and I'm tired of the constant rehashing of TRANSFORMERS.

I wish they would just pick a story and stick to it!

If he does leave though, can I suggest Simon Furman to take his place :-?

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:00 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Whatever.

You'll buckle like a belt at the money which will be offered to you in order to overcome your 'artistic objection'.

F' off Bay.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Seibertron » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:00 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
GetterDragun wrote:
tyler1451 wrote:so... no tf2...

No, don't start rumors like that. At this time Michael Bay is saying he will not direct TF2.

Yeah, Bay is just saying he won't do Transformers 2 if there's not a Blu-Ray DVD release. That doesn't mean there won't be a Transformers 2, it just means that Bay won't be doing it. Paramount/Dreamworks would just hire a different director.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby QuietStorm » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:01 am

What a dork, the biggest movie of his career, and he has to go and pout because its not on some stupid format that Sony concocted? Cmon, we've seen how Sony exclusive tech does...do I have to mention the Mini Disc?

This is dumb. Stupid and childlike. All because Bay himself bought a Blu-Ray player when they first came out.

Word.
My Dementia!

A true dictatorship is like a pit of vipers. It can only sustain itself for so long. At that point in time, it then is replaced by another, more lethal serpent.
QuietStorm
Combiner

Postby Wilko » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:01 am

Allow me to be the first to say Bye Bye Mr Bay don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Just so long as they find a good director for TF2... which as General Magnus said they would be deeply retarded not to make
Wilko
Mini-Con

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:01 am

Seibertron wrote:Yeah, Bay is just saying he won't do Transformers 2 if there's not a Blu-Ray DVD release. That doesn't mean there won't be a Transformers 2, it just means that Bay won't be doing it. Paramount/Dreamworks would just hire a different director.

That's either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what side of the fence you're on.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Seibertron » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:01 am

Nico wrote:What about pople who only have NORMAL dvd???
Will they make a Transformers DVD for those who have regular one. Not everybody has HD-DVD.

Yes, there will be a regular DVD. This is just in regards to the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray battle. We're a long ways away from them abandoning regular DVDs.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:03 am

Seibertron wrote:Yes, there will be a regular DVD. This is just in regards to the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray battle. We're a long ways away from them abandoning regular DVDs.

Which is good, but they didn't do themselves any favors by not actually saying that in the press release.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Nico » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:03 am

I think no Micheal Bay might be a good think... :grin:
Nico
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Fred2012 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:03 am

ok, im just shocked... i mean i saw countless behind the scenes and intervies with michal bay and he talks about how he loved filming transformers, and now, all of a sudden, hes not directing it?! and HIS reason!? because paramount isnt releasing it on bluray and he wants fans to see it in best quality??!! what a lie! he just wants tf to be available on all different players so he can make even more money! f*k u michael bay, you made enough f*cking money of of the theater release AND not even to mention all the money your gonna make off of the imax release! i never hated michael bay before but this crosses it! that greedy f*cker!
Call us your hat, America, but you'll never have Prime dollars!
Fred2012
Combiner

Postby Seibertron » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:03 am

QuietStorm wrote:What a dork, the biggest movie of his career, and he has to go and pout because its not on some stupid format that Sony concocted? Cmon, we've seen how Sony exclusive tech does...do I have to mention the Mini Disc?

This is dumb. Stupid and childlike. All because Bay himself bought a Blu-Ray player when they first came out.

Word.

The mini-disc? [sarcasm]What about the extremely popular Sony Betamax that outdid VHS?[/sarcasm]
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:04 am

1337W422102 wrote:Wait, so does this mean there won't be a second movie or does it just mean the he won't have anything to do with the second movie?

Either way, I'm taking this as good news. I wonder how this will play out!

I think he's just saying he won't be a part of it. From earlier reports, TF2 already has the green light. With this version making nearly 650 million globally before IMAX and DVD sales, I don't think there's any doubt we'll see TF 2, 3, and beyond. If MB does indeed bow out of the chance to do another, Paramount will just find someone else to direct. Maybe Spielberg will step up to the plate...
Last edited by DevastaTTor on Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby City Commander » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:05 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
Good.

And I am truly sick of companies dumping the majority in favour of the minority.
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Seibertron » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:06 am

tyler1451 wrote:ok, im just shocked... i mean i saw countless behind the scenes and intervies with michal bay and he talks about how he loved filming transformers, and now, all of a sudden, hes not directing it?! and HIS reason!? because paramount isnt releasing it on bluray and he wants fans to see it in best quality??!! what a lie! he just wants tf to be available on all different players so he can make even more money! f*k u michael bay, you made enough f*cking money of of the theater release AND not even to mention all the money your gonna make off of the imax release! i never hated michael bay before but this crosses it! that greedy f*cker!

Playing devil's advocate here ... what's wrong with Bay wanting to make more money by having the DVDs available for all 3 formats: regular DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray DVD? I agree that it's a poor decision on behalf of the various major companies to only offer up one format on the next generation DVD players, but I don't see how you can fault Bay for wanting to make more money. I agree with Bay about Blu-Ray, but I disagree with him about his tactic.

Ah well, it provides good Tuesday morning Internet drama. Wiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby The Chopnel » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:06 am

That really makes Mr. Bay sound a bit childish, I think :-? I wouldn't throw a possible big paycheck away for something like this. But maybe he is just looking for some excuse to quit, who knows.
The Chopnel
Micromaster

Postby Stormrider » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:07 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I welcome Bay's decision. I would personally like to see a different director than Bay.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:07 am

Paging Steven Spielberg... paging Steven Spielberg.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD + FUROS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete + more 2016 231208X"
HARDHEAD + FUROS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONUS CLOUDBURST Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 230713B"
MICRONUS CLOUDBURS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 230427A"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON