This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Michael Bay Responds to Dreamworks' Statements on Status of TF2

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Michael Bay Responds to Dreamworks' Statements on Status of TF2

Postby Skowl » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Transformers Movie director Michael Bay has responded to Dreamworks studios statements, reported in an article by MTV News (seen here), that no production office has been set up for the film's sequel and that the status of production had not been updated, contrary to Bay's earlier statements that character designs and a script template had already been finished (see here and here).

To view Michael Bay's post click here.

Oh really???? Is that why 20 people in production are in my office right now, another 20 art designers another location, scouts in two countries, one back east??? Don't ever bet against me in making my date - June 2009!

Michael
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Re: Michael Bay Responds to Dreamworks' Statements on Status of

Postby GetterDragun » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:54 pm

Funny how the writers come back to work and all these movie people have stories to tell.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:58 pm

Hey, I'm not working now but it's still in the back of my mind, hopefuly the next beer will take care of that though :P

Anyhow...

We got word of activity from Bay

Word of activity from Shia

:roll:

Well it would seem once again the guys who count the money, don't know anything except just that.

Gotta love Corporations!

Love em or wonder how board members remember to breath regularly, either or.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby DISCHARGE » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:12 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Liege Evilmus wrote:Hey, I'm not working now but it's still in the back of my mind, hopefuly the next beer will take care of that though :P

Anyhow...

Well it would seem once again the guys who count the money, don't know anything except just that.

Gotta love Corporations!

Great! Now I want some beer. :P
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby darkqueen01 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Michael Bay is so angry. He needs a vacationn.
The following message brought to you by Skeletor...
darkqueen01
Combiner

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:19 pm

DISCHARGE wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:Hey, I'm not working now but it's still in the back of my mind, hopefuly the next beer will take care of that though :P

Anyhow...

Gotta love Corporations!

Great! Now I want some beer. :P

I'll share if you do my dishes :D

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Skowl » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:21 pm

It was only logical to believe Bay this time around. If they hadn't already started a script outline, they wouldn't be able to get prep work done before the shooting date - and if the robot designs weren't done by now (or on the way to being done), Hasbro wouldn't have time to make the toys for next summer (it takes them a year and a half, according to the DVD...)
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Heavy B » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:28 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
you tell them mike
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby First Gen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
HA! I was waiting for this one. Good on Michael. I don't think he takes kindly to people calling him a liar.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:33 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Looks like the director and the studio are at war with one another. If Bay keeps it up he could get canned from the project. And if that happens we may get a real director. Not just some one who can film pretty explosions. Either way until there is a trailer saying the movie comes out in june09 im not believing nothing thats said. I still say that Bay is lying about how far they are. Im sure the strike set them back. I think both parties here are complete ass' and they should all just shut the hell up until they are all on the same page.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:44 pm

I doubt that they will can Bay.

Transformers will make them far far too much money.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
This is one of the reasons I like Bay: he does his own thing, period. At this point in his career, he's got the money and clout to do it, too.

(Another reason is that he's often, if not always, front and center on the set when there's stuff exploding and debris flying everywhere, as shown on the movie DVD extras. No prima-donna director here, and we're the beneficiaries. Kick ass.)
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Postby Solrac333 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Still not sure why people hate Bay for his explosions, especially in a Transformers movie. Were people really expecting Shakespeare? :-?
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:16 pm

This is hilarious.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby D-340 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:17 pm

omega666 wrote:Still not sure why people hate Bay for his explosions, especially in a Transformers movie. Were people really expecting Shakespeare? :-?

Yeah, all the "real fans" did.

It amazes me, nearly a year after all is said and done people are still pissing and moaning about the movie. Give it a freakin' rest. :-x
D-340
Headmaster

Postby Oilspill » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:24 pm

I was surprised at the reaction to the earlier news when many people were saying 'Ha. Bay was lying about starting work. He said he'd leak mis-information' blah blah.

But there was an interview earlier with the head visual effects guys and it sounded like they had started working on TF2 and were excited about the stuff they were doing. So I'd tend to believe Bay over Dreamworks.

omega666 wrote:Still not sure why people hate Bay for his explosions, especially in a Transformers movie. Were people really expecting Shakespeare? :-?

Now, Shakespeare with explosions.. I think you're on to something :P
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby Head Shot » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:42 am

Heh, If I were Bay I'd be pissed off too being called a liar.

And I'm glad that Bay doesn't take **** when working on a project because it means he is actually devoted to getting things done on time. (And by "not taking ****" I don't mean not being open to changes).

Megatron_Wolf wrote:Looks like the director and the studio are at war with one another. If Bay keeps it up he could get canned from the project...
Hah! After he made the first one and made alot of $$$ they're not even gonna think of firing him.

Megatron_Wolf wrote:And if that happens we may get a real director.
Oh man, you should do stand up comedy. You really think they're gonna get someone better? I heard Uwe Boll is looking to direct another movie soon. :P

Megatron_Wolf wrote:I still say that Bay is lying about how far they are.
He may be exagerating, but I highly doubt hes exagerating that much more than what he says he has done. And, what he has prepared is only ideas to work off of, as for the robot designs and whatnot, I also highly doubt those arent close to, if not already finished.

Megatron_Wolf wrote:Im sure the strike set them back.

Uhm... DUH! Thats why he even gave us an update a few days ago, because alot of people have been worried about the writers strike affecting the production of this movie.

Megatron_Wolf wrote:I think both parties here are complete ass' and they should all just shut the hell up until they are all on the same page.
Takes an Ass to know an Ass :P

Megatron_Wolf wrote:Either way until there is a trailer saying the movie comes out in june09 im not believing nothing thats said.
Uhm... not believing nothing said? So you believe everything? (By the way, I'm just breaking your balls on this whole thing.)
Head Shot
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Robinson » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:59 am

Megatron_Wolf wrote:Looks like the director and the studio are at war with one another. If Bay keeps it up he could get canned from the project. And if that happens we may get a real director. Not just some one who can film pretty explosions. Either way until there is a trailer saying the movie comes out in june09 im not believing nothing thats said. I still say that Bay is lying about how far they are. Im sure the strike set them back. I think both parties here are complete ass' and they should all just shut the hell up until they are all on the same page.

I guess you wanted to see Prime and Megatron playing parcheesee for the control of the allspark. :-B
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby jonusjaxon » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:23 am

Regardless of what you think of Michael Bay, you have to love his attitude.
jonusjaxon
Minibot

Postby grimlockprime108 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:21 am

everybody loves a pretty "explosion".....but to put this eloquently as bay:"we came to see giant $*^^$#^^% robots" not pretty explosions
Follow me on Twitter for Amazon giveaways and updates on my latest customs.
http://grimlockprime108.tumblr.com/
grimlockprime108
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from grimlockprime108 on eBay

Postby emeraldbeacon » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:37 am

Michael Bay wrote:Don't ever bet against me in making my date - June 2009!

So, what's the wagering line at right now? ;)
emeraldbeacon
Combiner
News Credits: 5

Postby SnipeShade » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:46 pm

It's nice to see that Michael has pizazz. A backbone. He's not over angry. He's what you call a director! If you had a project under your responsibility, you'd wanna show who's boss too. You guys who say Michael Bay is too angry or full of himself, you probably have never been a director of anything big. Most of the director are just as hardcore or worse, you just don't see them as public as Bay.

With alot "fans" like the people who gripe too much, Bay would HAVE to be the way he is to keep the upperhand.

So I give him props for wanting to stay strong and true to his goals for the movie.
SnipeShade
Combiner

Postby Saberspark model H. » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Motto: ""Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon." - Grey Fox"
Weapon: Railgun
RESPONSE TO WHINNING FAN BOYS AND GIRLS

Bwahhhhahhhhahh!!!

You guys need to take a chill pill. I'm just sitting back and realaxing until the movie comes out and all your whinning and bitching about TF1 is stupid. Its over its out on DVD what are you gonna do about it bitch some more. Here is a soulution don't be a little bitch. I think TF1 is Alot of Bot little Explosion compared to the Pearl Harbor movie he made.

Bwahhhhahhhhahh!!!

Sorry for the exstencive use of curse words. For all you fan girls and boys stop insecitlively whinning you remind me of a bunch of three year olds. Momma I want that toy I want popcorn I want this and that etc. That is what you remind me of. If you don't like the movie, don't watch it. Simple why don't you all just be good little boys and girls and sit entertain yourself until the next one comes out and and respectivly rant about it.
Back with 20+ Maturity!
Saberspark model H.
Vehicon
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr G 1:5 Boom Studios Comics JUN230425 (CA) Bernardo"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230244 5B (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED HYPERFORCE #1 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics 1D (CA) Lee"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #2 Cvr F 1:25 Boom Studios Comics NOV220378 2F Eastman + Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics 2023 FEB230323 5D (CA) Tao"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr K Deluxe Boom Studios Comics OCT220279 1K (CA)Williams II"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #113 Cvr F 1:50 Boom Studios Comics AUG230028 113F"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr J 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230325 11J (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr H 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230285 3H (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #100 2nd ptg Boom Studios Comics 2022 JUL229205"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #115 Cvr D 1:10 Boom Studios Comics OCT230077 115D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr M 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230461 7M (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAY230545 8C (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr S 1:40 Dynamite Comics MAY230491 1S (CA) Henderson"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON