This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Encore Jazz Released in Japan

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Encore Jazz Released in Japan

Postby Stormrider » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:07 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Encore #8 Jazz has been released in Japan. Japanese residents received Jazz today from eHobby. Other online retailers will likely receive their shipments later this week.

Jazz comes packaged in the G1 style box and features die-cast parts. He also comes with all the accessories and decals as his original G1 self.

Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Re: Encore Jazz Released in Japan

Postby Deadpool. » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:11 am

Uh, does the face still have that weird smirk, or did TakaraTomy resculpt it?
Deadpool.
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby microclone » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:43 am

the face has been resculpted although he still has his G2 metal tabs on his feet (the photo on the side of the box appears to show this). Hopefully this guy is more solid than the horrible collection version. sports a blue visor too!!
microclone
Headmaster Jr

Postby Zeds » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:54 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Weren't we supposed to get a free cassette TF with this release?
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Dagon » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:08 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Zeds wrote:Weren't we supposed to get a free cassette TF with this release?

I was just going to ask that myself. Wasn't Jazz supposed to come with Buzzsaw? Of was it the 1,000,000th Laserbeak we've gotten since last year?
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby capellamusic » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:29 am

Motto: "Sex, food and rock'n'roll"
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Excelent, can't wait to receive mine from HobbyLink Japan! :)

About Buzzsaw or Laserbeak not included, I'm not surprised. It didn't even make that much sense...
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
Megatron: Hmm... a free natural air conditioning system?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Buy from capellamusic on eBay
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby DISCHARGE » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:40 am

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
I didn't want this one but he looks so good in his box I may pick it up.

Zeds wrote:Weren't we supposed to get a free cassette TF with this release?

I think that rumor was debunked a while ago.
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby Defcon! » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:12 am

Motto: ""No one escapes Defcon. No one.""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
Looks really nice i may have to get one!
Defcon!
Godmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby olokin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:22 am

Those are nice pics. I'm definitely getting one as I don't have the original G1 release.
olokin
City Commander

Postby Zeds » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:45 am

I just noticed that the stickers over the rear fender flare are applied. Weren't those on the sticker sheet on the original G1 release or was this one opened and the stickers applied? I would assume the latter, but this MISB auction proves otherwise:

http://cgi.ebay.com/IN-HAND-Transformer ... dZViewItem

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
Buy from Zeds on eBay

Postby Autobot Jazz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:51 am

Nice, I can't wait for other online retailers to get this so I can pick it up, just wish he came with Buzzsaw like the rumor said.
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby microclone » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Zeds wrote:I just noticed that the stickers over the rear fender flare are applied. Weren't those on the sticker sheet on the original G1 release or was this one opened and the stickers applied? I would assume the latter, but this MISB auction proves otherwise:

i read?? they were tampoed on, that could be a good thing as due to the curved surface the stickers tend to crease and fold a bit.
microclone
Headmaster Jr

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Weapon: Sword
Zeds wrote:I just noticed that the stickers over the rear fender flare are applied. Weren't those on the sticker sheet on the original G1 release or was this one opened and the stickers applied? I would assume the latter, but this MISB auction proves otherwise:

I hope those ones are preapplied. I always screw mine up on the curved stickers :)
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Stormrider » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:48 pm

The box hasn't been opened yet. Those particular stickers come already applied just like the original along with the decal on the hood and doors.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Shockwave06 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:49 pm

Damn, gotta get all these encores. Jazz and box look purdy.

When does Omega come out?
Shockwave06
Minibot

Postby microclone » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Stormrider wrote:

The box hasn't been opened yet. Those particular stickers come already applied just like the original along with the decal on the hood and doors.

so those were pre applied on the G1 toy? I know for definite with the diaclone original and the collection reissue they were on the sticker sheet.

actually heres a pre rub jazz without the stickers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-1984-G ... dZViewItem

eitherway i was just curious, ive got a friend in jp whos going to pick me up a couple of these when they hit the brick stores!!
microclone
Headmaster Jr

Postby Zeds » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Stormrider wrote:The box hasn't been opened yet. Those particular stickers come already applied just like the original along with the decal on the hood and doors.

I don't think the original had them applied on the rear fender flare as can be seen here from this MOSC figure:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0203849707

I wonder what the sticker sheet inside looks like on the Encore release. I would not mind an extra set of those stickers to apply on my G1 figure.

Zeds
Gestalt
Buy from Zeds on eBay

Postby capellamusic » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Zeds wrote:I don't think the original had them applied on the rear fender flare as can be seen here from this MOSC figure:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0203849707

I wonder what the sticker sheet inside looks like on the Encore release. I would not mind an extra set of those stickers to apply on my G1 figure.

Hmm, maybe it's painted, just like the side stripes on Encore Ironhide and Ratchet.
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Postby Zeds » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:30 pm

capellamusic wrote:Hmm, maybe it's painted, just like the side stripes on Encore Ironhide and Ratchet.

I think that you are right. I just checked my Hasbro TRU reissue and they were not applied on him either as seen in the pic of my MISB item. I believe that like the Autobot logos on the Encore G1 OP release these are factory applied or stamped.
Attachments
PICT0001.JPG
Last edited by Zeds on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeds
Gestalt
Buy from Zeds on eBay

Postby Cascadia » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:16 pm

Motto: "If you feel my lightning, you will never hear the thunder."
This is my Diaclone version of Jazz...even though he is transformed, you can sort of tell that there are no stickers on his fender. So maybe they are painted nowadays.

Cascadia
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Deadpool. » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:25 pm

Cascadia wrote:This is my Diaclone version of Jazz...even though he is transformed, you can sort of tell that there are no stickers on his fender. So maybe they are painted nowadays.

I think that it's better if it's painted on.

Stickers can be so troublesome...
Deadpool.
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby El Duque » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:47 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
This is last item I was waiting on before shipping my "Pile of Loot" from BBTS. Glad it's coming soon, I've really had the urge to have it shipped since it has Shy Lynx and MP-04 waiting.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Stormrider » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:12 pm

Cascadia wrote:This is my Diaclone version of Jazz...even though he is transformed, you can sort of tell that there are no stickers on his fender. So maybe they are painted nowadays.

I think you guys are right that the G1 toy didn't have the rear wheel fender stickers applied. I must hav ebeen thinking about the strip down the middle.

To answer people's question - the strip around the rear wheel, the number on the door, and the strip down the middle are painted on the Encore Jazz figure.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby tech348 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Stormrider wrote:

I think you guys are right that the G1 toy didn't have the rear wheel fender stickers applied. I must hav ebeen thinking about the strip down the middle.

To answer people's question - the strip around the rear wheel, the number on the door, and the strip down the middle are painted on the Encore Jazz figure.

That alone just tipped the scale of me getting this figure. I already have re-issue Sky-linx but now I'm going to have to buy the rest.
tech348
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby capellamusic » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Stormrider wrote:

Excelent, just like Ironhide and Ratchet. I think they did well on that option.
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trick Or Read MOON KNIGHT #1 Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230867 (CA) Segoiva"
Trick Or Read MOON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230721 (CA) Shalvey"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Punisher War Journal BROTHER #1 Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220884 (CA) Yu (W)Gronbekk"
Punisher War Journ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #1 1:25 Variant Cover Vol 9 Marvel Comics 2019 (CA)Texeira AUG190980"
GHOST RIDER #1 1:2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #14 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231043 (CA) Yu (W) Zdarsky"
DAREDEVIL #14 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231146 (CA) Miller (W) Ahmed (A) Kuder"
DAREDEVIL #1 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #10 Spider-Man Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220997 (CA) Segovia (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #10 Sp ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230720 (CA) Cheung"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #15 var Last Look Marvel Comics 2023 APR230856 (CA) Cabal (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER #15 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #1 2nd ptg 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 MAY210541 210914B (CA) Romita Jr"
MOON KNIGHT #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #36 var Foreshadow Marvel Comics 2021 SEP210995 (CA) Panosian"
DAREDEVIL #36 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #28 var Stormbreakers Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230817 (CA) Klein"
MOON KNIGHT #28 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ghost Rider Wolverine WEAPONS VENGEANCE #1 var Marvel Comics JUN230944 Texeira"
Ghost Rider Wolver ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #4 Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231041 (A/CA) Noto (W) Taboo + B Earl"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON