This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Character-Breakdown For Transformers 2?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Character-Breakdown For Transformers 2?

Postby Raymond T. » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:32 pm

The Movie Reporter has posted on their website the following report. According to their sources, work on the next Michael Bay Transformers Movie set to be released June 26th 2009, is still being prepped. Most interresting about their report is the following character breakdown, mostly for the human characters that soon will need to be cast. The following excerpt has been taken directly from their site.

"It's hard to tell what Michael Bay and his merry band of filmmaker friends will be calling the Constructicons in Transformers 2, but the above names will most likely change, especially considering that they used the name "Bonecrusher" in the first film.

In addition to the Constructicon news, the IESB has just been given the following human character/casting breakdowns -
[CHUCK] 19-25 yrs., Sam's roommate at Princeton. He runs a conspiracy theory website. Funny in an irreverent, edgy way, he is shocked to see his conspiracy theories come to life. (2nd Lead)

[U.S. MILITARY LEADER] Late 20s/early 30s, African American with a great sense of humor and a tough military presence. (Supporting lead)

[UK SPECIAL FORCES LEADER] British, in his early to mid 30s, smart and capable. Can be Caucasian, Black, East Indian. (Supporting lead)

[GALLOWAY] Early 40s-early 50s, male, National Security Advisor and presidential liaison. A curt man who is tightly wound. (Supporting Lead)

[PROFESSOR COLAN] 40s, Sam's physics professor at Princeton. He's a self-satisfied intellectual who compares himself to Einstein, and is arrogant enough to wear leather pants to look cool. (1 Scene)

[THERESA] Early 30s; she's Sgt. Epps' wife, has 4 kids, sassy and sexy, good with comedy. Submit African American actresses only

[MOMMA SIMMONS] This NY Momma is in her late 60s / early 70s. She runs a deli/ butcher shop with her son in Brooklyn. Tough and sarcastic. (1 Scene)

[MASSIVE DYNAMICS CEO] 50s, male, this Corporate CEO appears in front of congress to testify. (1 speech/scene)

[TEXAS CONGRESSMAN] 55-65 yrs., on a Congressional Committee investigating the purpose of the "Automated Defensive Initiative" developed by Massive Dynamics.

[FBI DIRECTOR] Mid 50s, male, giving a press release assuring the public they will be safe against attacks. (1 speech/scene)

[CNN REPORTER] Reporting on missile strikes and bombings in various cities. Submit male / female, all ethnicities (1 speech)
".

There is also mention of a rumor that acress Natassia Malthe may have been cast for a part in Transformers 2, but this rumor got started from someone posting on the Don Murphy Board that something may have been mentioned along those lines in an article from a norwegian celebrity magazine, about the break-up between the actress and the pop-singer Robbie Williams. Since no others sources mentions the acress being cast for Transformers 2, we doubt if there is any truth to this.

We would also like to remind you that director Michael Bay has warned us in the past that they would be spreading around false information to keep the spoilers for the movie save. There is a chance that the character breakdown is incorrect. But IESB.net does have a pretty good track record of uncovering information of this nature.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Re: Character-Breakdown For Transformers 2?

Postby Justicity » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:48 pm

Could be true, could be lies, who know?
*sigh* Doesn't matter, who here really cares about the human characters!?!? The moment I saw the red "Breaking News" bar there with that title I thought of the robots, darnet I wan't to know whether Soundwave got in :-(
Justicity
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:50 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
If the constructicons are in the movie why cant they use Bonecrusher? He only had his head ripped off. We've seen bots get their heads ripped off before and live. Also when the screen pans away from crushers head his eyes are still glowing. So he cans till be alive.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Burn » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:52 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Justicity wrote:who here really cares about the human characters!?!?

I do.

And from Orici's answers on the Murphy forums I got the impression Soundwave was in.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby HybridHero » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Chuck = Chip Chase
HybridHero
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:08 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I really hope it's not true (other than the idea of Epps coming back. I'd like to Lennox as well).

If it is true, then the roommate thing will be proof that the leaked "treatment" we saw earlier, might be the way they're going with it.

I'd really rather they didn't.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Sunstar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:31 am

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I had hoped this was interesting news, not silly people chars.
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby 8 bit » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:33 am

Motto: "You only live thrice."
Weapon: Buffalo Missile
Heh! When I first saw this, I thought it meant "Breakdown" as in the Stunticon. But hey—Constructicons for TF2—rock on! :D
8 bit
Targetmaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Fireblast » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:28 am

Sunstar wrote:I had hoped this was interesting news, not silly people chars.

Me too. I rarely come here and it's like well who's in Transformers 2? Turns out it's human characters they have so much in the movie that it turns out as a so-so movie.
Fireblast
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby Auto Bot » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:40 am

There goes the humans.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Psychout » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:07 am

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
Here we go again... :?
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby grayj74 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:10 am

Motto: "We all gotta die sometime"
Weapon: Corrosive Acid Bolt Gun
Believe what you will, i on the other hand don"t think the Constructicons will be in this new movie....why? They aren"t mobile enough. the action has to be greater in the new one[that"s a hollyweird rule for all sequels]. the Constructicons while an exciting concept simply aren"t "mobile" enough as the action will probably be more fast paced and constatly flowing, i.e. lots more driving and flying.
the end of the first movie didn"t make sense, i mean everybody had to drive to the city quickly...on the freeway. and yet, hello big slow moving tank, funny how you got here before everybody else- except Starscream?
Nyet, I see more characters who are flyers for the Decepticons appearing, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Dreadwing, and at least one large Decepticon truck type vehicle.
grayj74
Mini-Con
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby astig » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:14 am

:grin: JUST BRAINSTORMING...

[CHUCK] = AJ TRAUTH (twitty, shia's bestfriend in even stevens!)
[U.S. MILITARY LEADER] = WILL SMITH? MARTIN LAWRENCE?
[UK SPECIAL FORCES LEADER] =ROWAN ATKINSON?...definitely! :grin:
[PROFESSOR COLAN] =ehh...DAVID SCHWIMMER?
[THERESA] =BEYONCE?
[[MASSIVE DYNAMICS CEO] =DONALD TRUMP?
[CNN REPORTER] JAY LENO
:shock:
"BUMBLEBEE, STOP LUBRICATING THE MAN!"

http://3niteam.deviantart.com/
astig
Minibot

Postby Auto Bot » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:16 am

Maybe tanks live in the city. He seem to come out from a junkyard. :P

Pretty good. If you use Bay logic.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Burn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:21 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
grayj74 wrote:Believe what you will, i on the other hand don"t think the Constructicons will be in this new movie....why? They aren"t mobile enough. the action has to be greater in the new one[that"s a hollyweird rule for all sequels]. the Constructicons while an exciting concept simply aren"t "mobile" enough as the action will probably be more fast paced and constatly flowing, i.e. lots more driving and flying.

Based on what? Their G1 selves?

Psychout was right ... here we go again, this ain't G1. :P
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Autobot Jazz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:49 am

I wouldn't mind some of this, I just hope it is one of those false rumors bay is spreading. Call me old fashioned, but I don't want the Constructions/Devestator without all 6
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby Skowl » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:30 am

Haven't the Constructicons and Devastator been done to death already? The way he keeps getting re-done and re-hashed, you'd think he was the only combiner ever made...

Is he really the coolest because he is the coolest, or is he the coolest just because he was the first - the latter seems like a pretty pathetic reason. Then again, G1-purists always seem to confuse 'first' with 'best'

Oh, and I'd also like to know where IESB got this info. They could have pulled it out there ass for all I know.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Archanubis » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:48 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
I was hoping for more robotic characters; then again, this could be a case of Bay's promised "misinformation."

And personally, I agree that the Constructicons have become something of a cliche recently. That's why I think IDW's use of Monstructor as the "First Gestalt" was good variation. There are other Decepticon Gestalt teams they could use. I know the producers are leery of "beast formers," so that excludes the Predacons, Terrorcons, and Seacons, but there are still the Stunticons and Combaticons. Since Brawl was referred to onscreen as "Devestator," they could easily bring the Combaticons and Bruticus into the next film.

Even better, they could introduce the Stunticons and have them wreck havoc, all the while "framing" the Autobots for the destruction.
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Hard Hacker » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:16 am

I was hoping for the Cybertron Brakedown (Or something similar). He had a fun character to him.
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby nilocomic » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:32 am

Ugh, come on, we had enough human characters in the first movie. Now they want to choke the screen with even more?
nilocomic
Vehicon

Postby D-340 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:06 am

Ugh :roll: more lame human bit parts that I could care less about and will probably get more screen time than the TFs.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby Cheetron » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:11 am

I seem to remember how they did this for the first movie too. To many human characters listed and we all went, no way, only bit parts. Come on- it's a movie about giant frickin' robots!

Well, they ruined the first one by having those stupid humans so why would anybody question that they wouldn't do it for the second one.

Sure they promised us more robots. They didn't say what kind of robots. Watch, there'll be some big robot factory like in I am Robot.
Cheetron
Pretender

Postby First-Aid » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:20 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Well at least half of the human parts are one-shotters, leaving a core of about 4 or 5. ANd really, looking back at G1 we had a half dozen regular characters in the cartoon...a good chunk of them appearing in the same episode: SPike, SParkplug, Carly, Daniel, Chip, Marissa (semi-regular). SO honestly, we're on track with G1 as to the number of humans...only the movie is 5 times longer than a G1 episode.

Sam is going to Princeton?? His cheap-ass dad has to be freaking about that...

Chuck=Chip Chase...I'll put money on it. Chip Chase does sound like a decent "hacker" name...or a good online alternate personality.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Auto Bot » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:33 am

It will be interesting to see how they come up with new Devastator. I'm not putting at limits to it yet. Something radically new can be good.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby JustinRODimus » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:41 am

the devastator in the pic is really cool, but it doesn't fit with the movie decepticon's err usualness. it looks more like as if g1 was real life (the face) than the movie real life. its really cool nonetheless
JustinRODimus
Minibot

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET ACTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Perceptor 2002 231209A"
STREET ACTION MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCAVENGER + ROLLBAR Transformers Armada Max-Con complete 2002 231209A"
SCAVENGER + ROLLBA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427C"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GAME OLDER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays 2020 game cartridge"
GAME OLDER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEOBREAKER Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete Cyber Key vg08 2005 231101A"
LEOBREAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON SABER Transformers Energon Class complete + more 2004 230427B **AS-IS**"
ENERGON SABER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 190518"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEAMHAMMER Transformers Energon Combat complete + card 2005 Powerlinx 230427A"
STEAMHAMMER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYFIRE Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821A"
SKYFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON SABER Transformers Energon Class complete + more 2004 230427D **AS-IS**"
ENERGON SABER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Food Premium 2002 211006A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON