This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura: No aircraft carrier TF for TF2

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura: No aircraft carrier TF for TF2

Postby First Gen » Wed May 07, 2008 4:08 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
MTV Movie Blogs reports that Transformers the Movie producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has denied any creation of an aircraft carrier transformer for the sequel to the blockbuster hit film. This news came in conjunction with his remarks regarding the decision not to cast Jonah Hill for the second movie.

Taken from the MTV Movie Blog interview:

Lorenzo di Bonaventura “We never really talked about that, practically speaking,” he said of the character who might or might not have been known as Broadside, and who Bay has said was simply too expensive to create. “There was some Japanese animated movie we saw where that occurred, and we were like ‘Wow! Look at that thing!’”

To view the complete interview, click here.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura: No aircraft carrier TF for TF2

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed May 07, 2008 4:13 pm

Thats cool, I couldn't see that working anyway.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby primeoptimus » Wed May 07, 2008 4:28 pm

i was hoping that they would put in tidal wave, but it's kinda wierd they chose broadside because imagine a plane dropping into the ocean and becoming an aircraft carrier. it would be to unreal to see in a film
primeoptimus
Vehicon

Postby The_Fires_Of_Inferno » Wed May 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Maybe they could go for something smaller like a patrol boat. Or destroyer (or something made up to look like a destroyer). They could still call it Tidalwave.
"Happiness is made of irony, sarcasm, and cynicism. You don't know or care why you're happy, and you don't want to know. Because if you did know, then you would think of what makes you unhappy, then you would have been better off not thinking about it at all, so why bother?" - Me

Groovy
The_Fires_Of_Inferno
Mini-Con

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed May 07, 2008 4:51 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
if size shifting is an issue then why was the allspark cube the size of a house then some how be able to shrink so sam was able to run across town with it in his arms?
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Wed May 07, 2008 4:53 pm

Sounds like they are trying to down play the aircraft carrier scenario that was in the first leaked treatment...I liked the treatment a lot but I thought the Bay cameo was too cheesy, the carrier was supposed to be the Nemesis and not Broadside though.

This too could be false info leaked however and it may still happen, I hope it does.
***Galvatron*** wrote:Fox Mulder ? ummm, your meds must be lapsing! :P

:mrgreen:

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby capellamusic » Wed May 07, 2008 5:27 pm

Motto: "Sex, food and rock'n'roll"
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Ultra Markus wrote:if size shifting is an issue then why was the allspark cube the size of a house then some how be able to shrink so sam was able to run across town with it in his arms?

Yap... I second that! So much criticism on the mass/size shifting issue and they did it on the Allspark. I'd rather see my favorite characters more close to what they were in the cartoon and having the mass/size shifting thing like in the cube, then seeing criticism to it and having it done on the Allspark.
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
Megatron: Hmm... a free natural air conditioning system?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Buy from capellamusic on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Menbailee » Wed May 07, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm just hoping that this is some of that disinformation Bay talked about. Some variant of Tidal Wave would be extremely cool. We watched him transform in the Armada PS2 game; I'm sure Bay & co. could find a way if they were determined.

If not, too bad!
Menbailee
Vehicon

Postby Solrac333 » Wed May 07, 2008 6:33 pm

If it's a money issue, I would rather see many robots fighting eachother instead of just one giant robot.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Keeperofthespark » Wed May 07, 2008 6:38 pm

I'm sure it has pretty much to do with money. If this means more robots then good, but I'm a little dissapointed, that would've been a cool visual.
Keeperofthespark
Fuzor

Postby Autobot Jazz » Wed May 07, 2008 6:38 pm

:( :( I wanted to see Tidal Wave.
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Wed May 07, 2008 6:41 pm

They were considering it to be Broadside?
I was predicting Tidal Wave.
But you know.....
This could be false....
:shock:
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby autobot commander » Wed May 07, 2008 6:57 pm

capellamusic wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:if size shifting is an issue then why was the allspark cube the size of a house then some how be able to shrink so sam was able to run across town with it in his arms?

Yap... I second that! So much criticism on the mass/size shifting issue and they did it on the Allspark. I'd rather see my favorite characters more close to what they were in the cartoon and having the mass/size shifting thing like in the cube, then seeing criticism to it and having it done on the Allspark.

the alspark is diferent, it is the crater of transformers, almost like a god, and gods can defy nature
autobot commander
Transmetal Warrior

Postby capellamusic » Wed May 07, 2008 7:01 pm

autobot commander wrote:
capellamusic wrote:

the alspark is diferent, it is the crater of transformers, almost like a god, and gods can defy nature

Sorry but I don't agree and don't see it that way. It's still a mechanical object and they did to it what was said to be "non-sense".
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Postby Shadowman » Thu May 08, 2008 12:35 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
capellamusic wrote:Yap... I second that! So much criticism on the mass/size shifting issue and they did it on the Allspark. I'd rather see my favorite characters more close to what they were in the cartoon and having the mass/size shifting thing like in the cube, then seeing criticism to it and having it done on the Allspark.

No, please. I don't want ugly boxes. Aside from which, G1 Prime's transformation and alt-mode didn't allow for an engine block.

capellamusic wrote:Sorry but I don't agree and don't see it that way. It's still a mechanical object and they did to it what was said to be "non-sense".

A mechanical object that brought an entire species to life. One explanation is that the AllSpark used similar energy to shrink itself down.

Another explanation is that a wizard did it.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby capellamusic » Thu May 08, 2008 1:11 am

Shadowman wrote:No, please. I don't want ugly boxes. Aside from which, G1 Prime's transformation and alt-mode didn't allow for an engine block.

I didn't mean exactly like the cartoon... What I mean is that if they used the mass/size shifting concept it could have been closer to the cartoon and maybe allow them better robot modes that looked more like Transformers, because some look weird. But I have to say that the thing I didn't like that much wasn't the robots modes, but rather their faces, they looked like robot spiders :P . Optimus Prime looked excelent, and looked a lot like the G1. The others could have been done that way maybe. Anyway, I don't care, and yes I prefer the old cartoon. I liked the movie though, and look forward to number 2 and 3, but it's not what I'd prefer it to be like. The way it was done it will never be something so great like a "Star Wars" or "Lord Of The Rings".

Shadowman wrote:A mechanical object that brought an entire species to life. One explanation is that the AllSpark used similar energy to shrink itself down.

Maybe it was Saruman, who'll know? The bastard!
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Postby Scatterlung » Thu May 08, 2008 1:27 am

Motto: "I'd just like to remind you all that I'm best. Thank you."
Weapon: Mighty Ear
Shadowman wrote:
capellamusic wrote:Yap... I second that! So much criticism on the mass/size shifting issue and they did it on the Allspark. I'd rather see my favorite characters more close to what they were in the cartoon and having the mass/size shifting thing like in the cube, then seeing criticism to it and having it done on the Allspark.

No, please. I don't want ugly boxes. Aside from which, G1 Prime's transformation and alt-mode didn't allow for an engine block.

capellamusic wrote:Sorry but I don't agree and don't see it that way. It's still a mechanical object and they did to it what was said to be "non-sense".

A mechanical object that brought an entire species to life. One explanation is that the AllSpark used similar energy to shrink itself down.

Another explanation is that while Transformers cannot mass shift, the AllSpark isn't a Transformer, so it can do whatever it likes. Don't forget it isn't really of Transformers origin, it's older than them and could've come from an even more advanced, mass shifting race.
Scatterlung
Godmaster
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Skill: 7

Postby capellamusic » Thu May 08, 2008 1:37 am

Meverix wrote:Another explanation is that while Transformers cannot mass shift, the AllSpark isn't a Transformer, so it can do whatever it likes. Don't forget it isn't really of Transformers origin, it's older than them and could've come from an even more advanced, mass shifting race.

Yeah, Diaclone and Microman :P .
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Postby Zeds » Thu May 08, 2008 6:14 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
I agree with some of the other posts. This could be misinformation. I for one hope that it is.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Powerdasher » Thu May 08, 2008 6:19 am

By the way, have anyone noticed an aircraft carrier in the first TF movie, looking really like Broadside?

It appeared when the Sec of Def briefed everyone in the Pentagon somewhere after Sam bought Bumblebee.
Powerdasher
Mini-Con

Postby moldavite » Thu May 08, 2008 9:06 am

I wonder who these "couple of casting surprises" will be? Is one of these surprises a new actor to replace the "Superbad" star for the role of "Chuck"?
moldavite
Minibot

Postby Decatron » Thu May 08, 2008 2:41 pm

Motto: "This is your end."
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Possibly there is no aircraft carrier because he'd be way more badass than Megatron, the predominant badass :P
Decatron
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:47 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
capellamusic wrote:

Thats been covered in about 1000 different threads.

Simply put....The Cube represented "God"......and God can do anything.

The never said that the Cube was mechanical.As a matter of fact they said they didnt know what it was.

Ether way what ever it was it brought life to Cybertron and may have directed or manipulated how life was formed on Earth.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOMBSHELL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV1 2022 New"
BOMBSHELL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARN + NICKEL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
TARN + NICKEL Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Blue) T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Vinyl Figure #23 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure"
HYPER STEEL OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Dead action figure WV5 2024"
NEW!
FALLEN STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts OPTIMUS PRIMAL Vinyl Figure 1376 2023"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers SOUNDWAVE Vinyl Figure #37 Retro Toys Gamestop 2021 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON