This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Report from an actual casting call

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Report from an actual casting call

Postby Delicon » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hey guys, just wanted to pass this along. My wife and I along with fellow Seibertron member "Prime Evil" attended the Tf2 casting call at the Wachovia Spectrum in Philadelphia yesterday.

The rules were as follows, they took SAG members from 10-11 and non-union "actors" (pretty much anyone else) from 11 to 3.

We got in line about 10:40 am or so. There was already a massive line at that time. They had us fill out info sheets, mainly asking us questions like height/weight and clothing sizes, whether we were students and a few other things. The student question was likely because they had put emphasis on needing college aged actors.

After about a 45-50 minute wait in line, we finally got to the door, only to be told "You're done."

It wasn't just us, they told pretty much everyone that. They did mark letters on every sheet, mine and my wife's read "OT" while Prime Evil's were "PE." However, we were supposed to bring a snapshot along. My wife and I accidentally left ours behind when we were rushing to get on the train so they took us inside to snap some new pictures.

Inside, it was almost a ghost town. Interesting to note that the staff members on the inside were actually complaining that more people weren't sent inside.

The picture process was pretty simple, they wrote our names on a big white sheet and made us hold it next to our bodies while they snapped the photo. They told my wife to make sure that she held it so her Bumbleee shirt fully got in the picture.

After that was done, we were done. We haven't heard anything back yet and honestly I'm not holding my breath but it was a unique experience.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Re: Report from an actual casting call

Postby commander shockwav » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:15 pm

I was there too. Didn't get sent inside.

They took my pic and form, put it in a box, and told me I was done.

Not sure what it all meant.

-Commander Shockwav
commander shockwav
Mini-Con
News Credits: 5

Postby Delicon » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:26 pm

commander shockwav wrote: was there too. Didn't get sent inside.

They took my pic and form, put it in a box, and told me I was done.

Not sure what it all meant.

-Commander Shockwav

What time did you go? That's pretty much what was happening to everyone at the time that we were there.

Did you notice what letteers, if any they wrote on your form? I'd really like to see ANY Seibertron member make the movie somehow.
Delicon
Gestalt
Buy from Delicon on eBay

Postby Repair Bay » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:16 pm

Unfortunately, I was unable to make it, but a friend of mine was. She told me that she wouldn't know if they were going to use her until the time that they were going to start filming, and she didn't know anything beyond that. Here's hoping she and whoever here gets in the movie!
Latest Acquisition:
#307 - G1 Sparkstalker
#306 - G1 Wide Load
#305 - G1 Erector
#304 - Movie Landmine
Repair Bay
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Nymph » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:22 pm

best of luck to those who went!! I hope you get to be in the movie :D
Nymph
Micromaster

Postby Brazilian » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:48 pm

I was there too. Got there 11:15 thanks to my GPS that sent me to N. Broad street - other side of town.
The line was huge but walking fast. I was wearing a Decepticon symbol t-shirt. Got 2 pictures w/ me, filled the sheet, got rain and... The short asian guy told me: "you are done". :(
The guy behind me got inside the Bullies Bar and got out a short while after. So... Nobody knows whos in or out, I believe they are still selecting.
Interesting they asked us what kind of car we have. They must use the actors own cars. Luckly, my mom has a Chevy Malibu, I wrote down that.
Good luck to all of us!
Brazilian
Mini-Con
News Credits: 6

Postby leday » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:31 am

My daughter and I both went. We got to the door and they took my pics/form and said I was done, but they let her inside. I went inside to wait for her, and they had a spot for people to take their measurements (if they didn't remember what they were...that question was on the form). and a couple of tables that they passed people in front of, where they took your form/pics there and then let you go (they had stations to take your picture/head shot if you didn't bring one with you already). That was it. I have no idea what the difference was between taking your forms at the door and taking them at the table inside. Go figure. Oh, once you got inside they had some fellow handing out printed flyers on "Background actors dos and don't's" (i.e how they call people and what to do if you're called...you can read it on the heery casting website info for background actors). Don't know if that is significant or not...

But, we'll see....
Last edited by leday on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
leday
Mini-Con

Postby Delicon » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:55 pm

It's nice to know that more than 2 Seibertronians were able to make this. I'm definitely pulling for one of us to get this.

Also thanks to First Gen for FP'ing this, you my friend have been working your tail off lately, especially with the movie news!
Delicon
Gestalt
Buy from Delicon on eBay

Postby Liokaiser29 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:59 am

Weapon: Photon Blaster
I was able to go also. But mine's was not "PE" like my friend that was with me. Mine's was "ND".
Liokaiser29
Micromaster
Strength: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Pocket Keychain Dangler 1.5" 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Fan Book 2021 with OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Legion Figures Takara"
Transformers Fan B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class complete 2015 230615A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 69 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #4 Regular Cvr IDW Comics 2017 (W) Barber (A/CA) Zama"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bumblebee GO FOR THE GOLD One-shot IDW Comics 2018 OCT180684"
Transformers Bumbl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "World's Smallest Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME 1.25" Micro Action Figure Authentic"
World's Smallest T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark Moon Cyberverse Legion DOTM TRU 2011"
CYBERTRONIAN BUMBL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE A.W.E. STRIKER + STALKER Transformers Collaborative GI Joe 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE A.W.E. S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2022"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE + CHEETOR + OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Buzzworthy Cyberverse 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE + CHEETO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON