This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Phantoms"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Phantoms"

Postby WhiteRabbit » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:40 pm

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers: Mosaic news / updates / information, click here

PHANTOMS

Story, Art, Colors & Letters by;

Joel Lovins

WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
News Credits: 156

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Phantoms"

Postby Bumblebeast » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 am

Yeah, Hotrod, way to screw it up.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Night Raid » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:20 am

Motto: "You can't hit what you can't see!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Oh, hey, wow, it's the 1986 movie the way everybody and their grandmother wishes it had been.
Life can be pretty sweet when your alt-mode is a B-2 Stealth Bomber.

And for those of you who are wondering... I'M A GIRL!

I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally.
Night Raid
Headmaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby ashe5k » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:37 am

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
Oh please. Hot Rod was in on it with Megatron. The conspiracy theorists were right!

On a more on topic note, well done!
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Pyrostrata » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:56 am

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Bumblebeast wrote:Yeah, Hotrod, way to screw it up.

I have been telling people for decades that Hot Rod was the one that REALLY murdered Optimus....but NOOOOO! Everyone always says "Shaddup, Decepticon! It was Megatron....blah blah blah....."

:P

I kinda liked this Mosaic! :grin:
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10

Postby Dreadwinglord » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:06 am

Great mosaic, I can't tell which way I liked it better though, with Rodimus or Optimus. Hm, I did like the original Optimus super robot Cybertron thing though, that would've been TO awesome.
Dreadwinglord
Minibot

Postby Stormrider » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:39 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Nice story. You touched upon something that we all have wondered about at one time. I like the title too.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby gantzrunner » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:15 am

Motto: "This life is a game...and I play for keeps"
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
Optimus Prime was the bomb in Phantoms!
gantzrunner
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Terrorcon Blot » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:58 am

Pyrostrata wrote:
Bumblebeast wrote:Yeah, Hotrod, way to screw it up.

I have been telling people for decades that Hot Rod was the one that REALLY murdered Optimus....but NOOOOO! Everyone always says "Shaddup, Decepticon! It was Megatron....blah blah blah....."

:P

I kinda liked this Mosaic! :grin:
ashe5k wrote:Oh please. Hot Rod was in on it with Megatron. The conspiracy theorists were right!

No no, see, Hot Rod was just the innocent scapegoat. It was REALLY Ultra Magnus behind it all. Who else had the clout to leave an entire Autobot City defenseless until the last moment? The chain of command to tell Perceptor not to try and repair Optimus? Was the next in line to receive the Matrix? Magnus wanted power, and there was a red and blue truck in his way who got to lead while he was stuck commanding a single city.
Terrorcon Blot
Mini-Con

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:23 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
That was a very well told story. Bravo. :APPLAUSE:

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby steve2275 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:25 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
now
it all makes sense
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby DoubleOScorpio » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:01 am

I really liked this one. Fine Job! The best is the art in the last frame. It really captures the angst that Hot Rod must feel for being too cavalier (pun intended).

Again, excellent work!
DoubleOScorpio
Vehicon

Postby PrivatePoop » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:26 am

ashe5k wrote:Oh please. Hot Rod was in on it with Megatron. The conspiracy theorists were right!

You heard it here first! Transformers the Movie was an inside job! Unicron was rigged to explode! The Battle of Autobot City was orchestrated to get humans to side with the Autobots! There are no WMD's on Cybertron! Galvatron presents no real threat! Rodimus is a member of the Skull and Cross-Servos Secret Society!
PrivatePoop
Mini-Con

Postby Iron Prime » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:32 am

Weapon: Energo-Sword
This one is really cool! For a second at the begining I thought maybe it was going to be some crazy 'alternate universe'/'what if' comic. Very nicely done....
*Formerly Snarlus Prime

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:You are honorable enough to join the house of STO :grin:

Let us pick up arms and join the battle :twisted:
Iron Prime
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Talon523 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:51 am

I know no one will agree but Rodimus was a better "Character" than Optimus. He had real depth. He had doubts about himself. He lived in the shadow of the greatest Autobot ever.

Optimus was just this hero that rode in on his white horse and saved the day. Sure he had his "protection of sentient life" bit, but he was not as deep of a character. I am glad the Movie was made the way it was.

If Op doesn't die, there is no real loss, and hence no great sense of victory/struggle.
Talon523
Minibot

Postby dragons » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:16 am

i dont get it. its titled phantoms wheres the phantoms?

great twist on the movie aspetc but i dont understand the prime death thing at the end though or is rodimus going through to what if he had not interviened in the fight with prime & megatron.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Black Bumblebee » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:31 am

It's called Phantoms as Hot Rod / Rodimus is dealing with the "ghost" (i.e., phantom) of what "could" have been. He's wracked with guilt. Here he is, someone who other people look to in order to solve problems, and he feels like he is the cause of all the problems. He will always be haunted by the dream of what "might have been" if only he hadn't been so rash to help out.

That said--Hot Rod didn't cause Optimus Prime to die, as Prime never would have killed Megatron. He had opportunity after opportunity to do so in the past, but always let him go. He would have stood there for an hour lecturing Megatron on how good is good and bad is bad, all the while never realizing that Megatron was going for a gun.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Savage » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Another awesome Mosaic!

gantzrunner wrote:Optimus Prime was the bomb in Phantoms!

*snickers* Great reference, man.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Postby T-Macksimus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 pm

I think this was an excellent "What If...?" situation. If Hot Rod hadn't screwed it up and Megatron had made it to the gun unhindered, Prime already had his rifle leveled at Megatrons' head. Prime would have had zero time for conscious thought and just reflexively pulled the trigger. At that point it's not about good or bad intentions it's just survival instinct. Prime even would have had a decent chance if Hot Rod had just pointed and shouted "He's Still Armed!"
which would have been faster than jumping on Megs and probably caused Megs to draw the weapon on him first which still would have caused Prime to get the first shot off.
Yeah, Hot Rod screwed the pooch no matter how you look at it and now he has to live with his inner demons. That's worse than just the burden of leadership all on it's own.
Excellent story. This definitely will be on my top 5 list. Great Job!
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby skeletal13 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:08 pm

dragons wrote:i dont get it. its titled phantoms wheres the phantoms?

great twist on the movie aspetc but i dont understand the prime death thing at the end though or is rodimus going through to what if he had not interviened in the fight with prime & megatron.

The "Phantoms" title is in reference to the proverbial spectre that hangs over Hot Rod for being partially responsible for Prime's death. It is a "What If?" story indeed... but from Roddy's perspective.
skeletal13
Micromaster

Postby skeletal13 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:12 pm

Thanks for the kind words, guys! As I said on DeviantArt, this is the first piece of finished sequential art that I've done, and it was a real challenge and learning experience! I finished it back in June, and I've learned a few tricks since then, so it is really interesting to look at, and there are a few things I would have done differently with some techniques I picked up, but I definitely put some blood, sweat, and tears into it! Can't wait to do more!
skeletal13
Micromaster

Postby ponycorn » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:48 pm

So the mosaic is not implying that Hotrod directly killed Prime, just that he must have always felt indirectly responsible? Or did he?

Only Unicron knows for sure... "You exaggerate."
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUN210455 1A (CA) Nord"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM317 7E (CA) Clarke (W)Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #70 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Wildman 230915E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers UNICRON #6 Cvr B 1st Printing IDW Comic 2018 AUG180713 6B (CA) Raiz"
Transformers UNICR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #1 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926I"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 APR238112 2E (CA) Lotay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 NOV210455 39A (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS #39 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222T"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B GI JOE 1223IM272 (CA) Shalvey (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #3 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5B 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ONGOING #24 Cvr A IDW Comics 2011 24A (W) Costa (CA) Ramondelli"
Transformers ONGOI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS 3-D #2 Blackthorne Comics 1987 (A/CA) Francis (W) Lafrance 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS 3-D # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1023IM389 3E (CA) Dragotta"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON