This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Ebay seller has G2 Protectobots for sale

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Ebay seller has G2 Protectobots for sale

Postby robofreak » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:08 pm

Ebay seller delphan rane is selling his set of G2 Protectobots. He currently has no auction for them, but has shown he intends to sell them in this autcion:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-G1-Kab ... dZViewItem

Email him for info.

I only wish I had enough money to buy them... :sad:
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Re: Ebay seller has G2 Protectobots for sale

Postby Geekee1 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Interesting. I'm sure Transfan2 is on the case.
Geekee1
Godmaster
News Credits: 7

Postby Delphan Rane » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:29 am

There is an actual auction up now:
Transformers G2 First Aid Groove Streetwise Blades MOSC
It's all about the Primes baby!
275+ and counting...
Delphan Rane
Mini-Con
News Credits: 6

Postby Mach » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:37 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Is cheap, is only USD$15000!!!
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:20 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Delphan Rane wrote:There is an actual auction up now:

I remember when you picked these up from eBay. Why the sell now?

And BTW, I love the set.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:50 am

In the world of Transformers toys rarities, you won't find many more rare than those Transformers available in this eBay auction.

Transformers collector, and Seibertron.com member, Delphan Rane has posted an eBay auction for a truly amazing set of toys: The G2 Protectobots Mint on sealed card and AFA graded.

These Transformers combiners were planned recolors in the Generation 2 line of Transformers, along with the Stunticons, Aerialbots, Combaticons, and Constructicons (in two different color schemes). As with most G2 releases, the new color schemes were quite bright, and in some cases, and almost eye blistering.

The Stunticons and Protectobots never made it to mass production though, and thus packaged, and even loose pieces are considered very rare, with Motormaster, and Hot Spot being amongst the rarest, as they never made it to actual packaged production pieces.

G2 Stunticon Breakdown did eventually get released as a Botcon exclusive (before Botcon was what it is today), and although re-released in limited numbers, this exclusive still collects a high dollar in the toy market.

Delphan Rane shared his in package galleries of both packaged G2 Protectobots, and G2 Stunticons. Check out the Seibertron galleries of G2 Blades, G2 Groove, G2 Streetwise, and G2 First Aid all mint on the card.

Check out the Vector Sigma Database entries for the Protectobots as well: Defensor, Blades, First Aid, Groove, Hot Spot, and Streetwise.

Delphan has been participating in this thread, so you may be able to ask him some questions about these rarities first hand!

Seibertron.com for all of your Transformers news and resource needs.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Bouncy X » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:23 am

i still have my original G1 Protectbots. i even have all the pieces for them to form....i forget who they form but yeah. lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:09 pm

Bouncy X wrote:i still have my original G1 Protectbots. i even have all the pieces for them to form....i forget who they form but yeah. lol

Defensor...
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:35 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
To whomever wins these figures, I send the following message...

DO NOT OPEN! :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:28 pm

It's a good thing that I cant even think of buying these, my collecting tendencies would piss off the entire MISB community if I got these :P
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby robofreak » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:33 pm

NuclearConvoy wrote:It's a good thing that I cant even think of buying these, my collecting tendencies would piss off the entire MISB community if I got these :P

Oh yeah, if I got those, those suckers would be opened. I'd probably even work with Ryan to have Seibertron galleries made.

I'd probably wait to open them though until I got a G2 Hotspot.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby Primus1101 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:12 pm

Motto: "Remember when that little girl mistook Ironhide for the tooth fairy? I make that look like fact!"
If I ever won these, I'd just sell them to Ryan, is it? The man who runs this website? Well anyway, I'd just sell them to him. He could do his bidding with them.
Primus1101
Minibot
Watch Primus1101 on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10+

Postby Rated X » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:25 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Thats are cool collecters items my friend, but $15,000 ??? At the price of a car, I dont think anybody will be able to afford these...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:28 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:Thats are cool collecters items my friend, but $15,000 ??? At the price of a car, I dont think anybody will be able to afford these...
That's the idea. The absolute rarity of these makes them almost impossible to obtain. These aren't something that any casual fan will ever own.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:20 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
$15000... That is almost 2 years tuition for both of my daughters school.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby D-340 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:08 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:

And BTW, I love the set.

I remember too, why are you parting with 'em?

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby motorhead9999 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:08 pm

Any idea what they sold for the first time?

Even in my opinion, $15k is a bit too high. I mean, in the grand scheme of things. If I can remember, the most I've ever seen any transformer go for was in the low thousands area. I mean, there's currently an auction going on for a MISB Liokaiser giftset, and that's just starting to creep into the $1000 area. I'm pretty sure I've seen MISB Optimus and megatrons with high grades go for somewhere in the 4-5 thousand arena. When you're starting an auction at that extreme amount, are you really going to know the true market value? Really, the only way to do that is to have the auction start at .01 and see where it lands from there. Not that I've got a problem with how he's doing his auction mind you. When I do my auctions, I normally start an item at a price that I'm comfortable selling it for. Then again, I'm sure there are some extreme high end people with loads of money who aren't vocal in the community who drop the big money when the right item comes.

What other figures would you all say would come close to fetching near that dollar amount? Probably some of the other G2 protos I'd have to assume. Otherwise, to me, sealed (and I'd imagine graded) Dinoking giftset, sealed Black Zarak...perhaps some of the sealed Jap exclusive tapes or headmasters if you sold them as a group. I've got an AFA graded MISB Dai Atlas, and I know he's hard to find, but not sure on what level his rarity is compared to the others I listed.

On a slight tangent, at this point, aren't we all a tad disappointed/regretful that none of us bought the Phoenix Lundgren collection that she had for sale when the first movie came out? That was a near complete sealed G1 run, plus a bunch of valuable novelty items and it only went for $50K. I've seen some large collections in the subsequent years approach or exceed hers in terms of selling price, but nowhere close in content. I can't remember the person who bought the collection now, but I know they sold it all separately and made a killing on it.
motorhead9999
Mini-Con

Postby Blurrz » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:16 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Oh god.. it's someone's holy grail. Whoever wins this, I salute you for being a very dedicated Transformers fan XD.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Darth Trader » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:47 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
What surprises me most is that for $15k you aren't even entitled to free shipping. lol
Darth Trader
Targetmaster
News Credits: 3
Buy from Darth Trader on eBay
Alt Mode: The Death Star
Strength: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Ultra Markus » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:56 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
for 15000 those deserve to be opened and played with by my 4 yr old nephew
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:11 pm

Galvatron Supreme wrote:What surprises me most is that for $15k you aren't even entitled to free shipping. lol

Snrk. I hasnt even noticed that. That is a touch absurd.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Zeds » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:43 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
I bid on these when they were being sold by the original owner and not AFA'ed. That is about a $5K mark up I believe.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Delphan Rane » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:57 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:

And BTW, I love the set.

Yeah, winning those auctions was pretty intense. I decided to sell because I shifted my focus more on Primes, and I just don't have the same enthusiasm in owning these as I did before.

Oh, and shipping is FREE. :P
It's all about the Primes baby!
275+ and counting...
Delphan Rane
Mini-Con
News Credits: 6

Postby GetterDragun » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:37 pm

motorhead9999 wrote:Any idea what they sold for the first time?

Even in my opinion, $15k is a bit too high. I mean, in the grand scheme of things. If I can remember, the most I've ever seen any transformer go for was in the low thousands area. I mean, there's currently an auction going on for a MISB Liokaiser giftset, and that's just starting to creep into the $1000 area. I'm pretty sure I've seen MISB Optimus and megatrons with high grades go for somewhere in the 4-5 thousand arena. When you're starting an auction at that extreme amount, are you really going to know the true market value? Really, the only way to do that is to have the auction start at .01 and see where it lands from there. Not that I've got a problem with how he's doing his auction mind you. When I do my auctions, I normally start an item at a price that I'm comfortable selling it for. Then again, I'm sure there are some extreme high end people with loads of money who aren't vocal in the community who drop the big money when the right item comes.

What other figures would you all say would come close to fetching near that dollar amount? Probably some of the other G2 protos I'd have to assume. Otherwise, to me, sealed (and I'd imagine graded) Dinoking giftset, sealed Black Zarak...perhaps some of the sealed Jap exclusive tapes or headmasters if you sold them as a group. I've got an AFA graded MISB Dai Atlas, and I know he's hard to find, but not sure on what level his rarity is compared to the others I listed.

There are Transformers that can sell easily for $2000 or more a figure, like Luck Draws or unproduced figures. The most expensive TF ever sold (single figure) is G1 Unicron at around $14,000. Do I think this auction is overpriced? Yes, but not by much. I would expect to see these go again for $8-$10K if put up at auction. In this case I don't think the AFA adds much like it does to some rare, yet more obtainable figures. But still, don't underestimate collectors. I've seen a Jumbo Machinder (basically a Bandai robot made out of Wiffle Ball Bat material) go for like $38,000 and the original "Gang of 3" robot tin toys from the 50's or 60's go for $100,000.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:13 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
No longer at ebay. I wonder why?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TL-58 SILVERBOLT Transformers Legacy United Voyager Beast Wars Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
TL-58 SILVERBOLT T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENATOR SHOCKWAVE + DATA ORION PAX Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
SENATOR SHOCKWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON