This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Revenge of the Fallen sets Midnight Open Box Office Record

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Revenge of the Fallen sets Midnight Open Box Office Record

Postby First Gen » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:36 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
We've received reports from across the globe on how box office openings for Transformers Revenge of the Fallen were breaking barriers in the earnings department. Now we see how it did in the US.

In a report posted at ReelMovieNews.com it is estimated that Revenge of the Fallen earned of $16 million in revenue at the box offices across the nation early this morning, coming in second to The Dark Knight's $18 million earnings. The difference between the two is that The Dark Knight opened on a Friday, making Transformers Revenge of the Fallen the largest grossing film ever on a Wednesday midnight release.

Showtimes are selling out quickly for Revenge of the Fallen all this week, get your tickets before you miss out.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Revenge of the Fallen sets Midnight Open Box Office Record

Postby FanBoiTonio » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Guilty as charged, I got out at 3:15 this morning.... Work is AWESOME RIGHT NOW 8-}
'Light our darkest hour'
FanBoiTonio
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby First Gen » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:49 pm

FanBoiTonio wrote:Guilty as charged, I got out at 3:15 this morning.... Work is AWESOME RIGHT NOW 8-}

lol, me too. I slept about an hour and 15 minutes maybe.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby Evolution Prime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:56 pm

Motto: "Your end shall justify my means."
Weapon: High-Energy Laser Rifle
Wow, I thought my three hours was short.

I went to an opening in a town in Nebraska about 7500 people. Normally that place has plenty of room for a midnight showing. Last night, the place was packed. I, unfortunately, was one of the only in any Transormer apparel. My fincance was another. :(
Evolution Prime
Brainmaster
Alt Mode: Truck Transport
Strength: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Optimus_Prime007 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Motto: "Prime...Optimus Prime"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I will be seeing tonight after work then im seeing friday in IMAX!!! :grin: I will be in my Optimus Prime T, I picked up from Hot Topic last weekend.

I think ROTF will Gross 200 Million this weekend.
Master Of Ownage
Optimus_Prime007
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Unlike you folks I waltzed into the theater at 9:30 this morning and was rather irritated that they didn't have any coffee ready.
Was sporting my Autobot shirt and Autobot hat so there was no mistaking what I was there to see. I had a feeling that it would outdo the Dark Knight (when you adjust for the timing) and I don't think any other movie this year will touch this one as far as records go. It's also going to have more people seeing it multiple times than probably any other movie out there. I want to see it at least once in IMAX, once at the Drive-In and once more in a regular theater... Minimum!
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Versa » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:23 pm

... quickly selling out.... phuh.... Many theaters have multiple screens. Nothing to panic over. The first initial day or two are always packed. You'll all get to see it. :)

Unfortunately the big bucks it will make won't parallel how great the movie truly is.

The third film needs to repair a lot of the damage that was done with this one.
VERSA
Versa
Fuzor

Postby Cyber Bishop » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Evolution Prime wrote:Wow, I thought my three hours was short.

Wow, I actually got about 4 hours of sleep..
Got up at 7:30 and went to the gym for 2 hours..

I am dead tired right now..
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Evolution Prime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Motto: "Your end shall justify my means."
Weapon: High-Energy Laser Rifle
Yeah good thing I get off in about 10 min. Then off to home to sleep. Maybe go and see it again if it is the theater in town since tickets are only $5 there. Old single screen theater which would be the cheap cheap theater in most towns.
Evolution Prime
Brainmaster
Alt Mode: Truck Transport
Strength: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
There were no midnight screenings near me, the earliest was 9:30am, so I opted for the 5:30pm.

Which of course meant 6 hours at work, an hour for band duties, plus an hour drive to the cinema, then 2 and a half hours for the movie before another hour drive home.

Think I passed out between 11 and 11:30, before getting up at 6:30. Now it's off to work for me!
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:26 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Im sad to say i help with this. Well i think i did. I used the movie pass i got from gamestop. only one theater was sold out around here. And they had it on 4 screens. All the others only had 1 or two screens. The one i was at neither screen sold out. This just makes things worse. As long as its making this kind of cash the crapfest will continue.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Endurance: 10+

Postby Zeds » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:20 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
So I went in hoping that the film would be better than the toys in the line. Sadly NO. By the end of the 2 and half hours of pain and torment I was pleased that I had an empty bag of popcorn to upchuck into. 2 years of anticipation and build up for this. Man. Bay should be hanged, drawn, quartered and then shot for good measure for this travesty.

If they do a 3rd they owe us dinobots as recompense.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby First Gen » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Zeds wrote:So I went in hoping that the film would be better than the toys in the line. Sadly NO. By the end of the 2 and half hours of pain and torment I was pleased that I had an empty bag of popcorn to upchuck into. 2 years of anticipation and build up for this. Man. Bay should be hanged, drawn, quartered and then shot for good measure for this travesty.

If they do a 3rd they owe us dinobots as recompense.

Seriously, I cannot stress enough how I believe this is NOT Michael Bays fault. He did the best he could with the crap script he was told to make into a film. He delivered on action, but everything else, like plot points, a cohesive story that melds with the first film, are things he just couldn't do anything about.

The fault is with the writers and I honestly believe I could have written a much better film in the same time they were given.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby Zeds » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
First Gen wrote:Seriously, I cannot stress enough how I believe this is NOT Michael Bays fault. He did the best he could with the crap script he was told to make into a film. He delivered on action, but everything else, like plot points, a cohesive story that melds with the first film, are things he just couldn't do anything about.

The fault is with the writers and I honestly believe I could have written a much better film in the same time they were given.

Bay is the director and one of the executive producers and he has the final say over the final cut of the film. I agree that the 'writers' are also to blame for the bad plot but Bay can and should have stepped in to put a stop to the bleeding. He may not have the brains to know any better and he cannot be faulted for that in the end. More and more films are counting on special effects to make up for a lack lustre plot. ROTF proves this point in spades.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Wow, help me understand this here. Who is at fault for whose expectations here? Are folks really pissed because someone couldn't reach the level of idealistic thought inside ones head. I'm sorry but if you went into a theater with your expectations set THAT high, you screwed YOURSELF over. If you pay $80.00 for a massage and you get a massage don't bitch because it wasn't the "rub & tug" you had hoped it would be. This was only ever supposed to be as movie, not some life altering destiny fulfilling event that so many of you make it out to be. Those of you who got your hopes up that far, I laugh at you all for your foolishness and shortsightedness. 3 hours of escapism is all I asked for and this movie delivered that perfectly. The rest was just icing on the cake. I think some folks need to walk away from this hobby for awhile like I did and regain some perspective.

Speaking of folks that need to walk away, can we fire up a thread to deal with the idiots out there claiming "racism" over the behavior of the Twins? I just read about it on the Comcast.net news feed.
It's not like such rubbish is going to have any affect on the record breaking ability of this film. I'm still going to enjoy watching Harry Potter scramble futilely to catch up to these box office figures.
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Mechastrike » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:52 pm

I ACTUALLY SKIPPED A CLASS JUST TO WATCH THIS DAMN MOVIE! :P IT WAS A BLAST.
ANYBODY WANT A TF3?
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby Ballistic90 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:48 am

T-Macksimus wrote:Wow, help me understand this here. Who is at fault for whose expectations here? Are folks really pissed because someone couldn't reach the level of idealistic thought inside ones head. I'm sorry but if you went into a theater with your expectations set THAT high, you screwed YOURSELF over. If you pay $80.00 for a massage and you get a massage don't bitch because it wasn't the "rub & tug" you had hoped it would be. This was only ever supposed to be as movie, not some life altering destiny fulfilling event that so many of you make it out to be. Those of you who got your hopes up that far, I laugh at you all for your foolishness and shortsightedness. 3 hours of escapism is all I asked for and this movie delivered that perfectly. The rest was just icing on the cake. I think some folks need to walk away from this hobby for awhile like I did and regain some perspective.

Speaking of folks that need to walk away, can we fire up a thread to deal with the idiots out there claiming "racism" over the behavior of the Twins? I just read about it on the Comcast.net news feed.
It's not like such rubbish is going to have any affect on the record breaking ability of this film. I'm still going to enjoy watching Harry Potter scramble futilely to catch up to these box office figures.

That was racism you moron. That is a 'Sambo' kind of stereotype and I was offended. They had big 'ears', huge buck teeth, and one even had a gold tooth, and they were illiterate, stupid, and spoke in incredibly stereotypical 'ghetto-speak'. They only, ONLY thing they could do at that point was use the 'N' word to make it MORE racist.
Please check out my YouTube channel, Bigg Hungry Joe at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyyR-O ... SDZpTpnNJA

Updates every wednesday with a new transformer review!
Ballistic90
Fuzor
Watch Ballistic90 on YouTube

Postby Joshua Vallse » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:49 am

Motto: "Build a Giant Robot? Sure it's safe, I mean...it's not like two Stars from a childhood tv show are going to hotwire it and take over the world....right?"
Brain......Jello.

I just came back from watching the midnight screening at the Arclight in Hollywood. My experience was awesome because of one factor....cars!!!!! I got to see all the cars and take pictures....even Optimus Prime was there.

I will go on a limb and say I think the first film was much better then this one. Reasons being characters I would have liked to have seen more of and established better, Soundwave, Sideways, Jolt, any number of the constructicons, seemed to be treated as background props verses characters I could have done well without (Twins...those damn twins) got more lines then they should of....and more screen time for that matter.

As far as the script, yeah it was crap. And it shows....the film feels choppy like its a rough cut.

But I paid to see things go boom, and I got that. My biggest disappointment was Devastator and Soundwave though. Beyond that, this film is pure eye candy. Watch this film as eye candy and nothing else, and you'll do fine. Just for the love of God don't sit close to the screen, this is a film where I would say watching from a distance would be better for your eyes.

Josh
ImageImage
CLICK HERE: http://youtu.be/WM394EfR2hk
To see what happens to our two troublemakers. So much for my motto!

Also Visit my website for more artwork:
http://joshuavallse.blogspot.com/
http://www.wix.com/JoshuaBallze/Art-Website/
Joshua Vallse
Headmaster Jr

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:43 pm

Ballistic90 wrote:That was racism you moron. That is a 'Sambo' kind of stereotype and I was offended. They had big 'ears', huge buck teeth, and one even had a gold tooth, and they were illiterate, stupid, and spoke in incredibly stereotypical 'ghetto-speak'. They only, ONLY thing they could do at that point was use the 'N' word to make it MORE racist.

Whoa...MORON?? I've dealt with "thugs", "Gangstas" and folks on "the street". I'm not ignorant, I'm not sheltered and I'm not stupid. I'm one of the few white guys in my area who is not afraid to walk into the part of town that most folks steer clear of and who is street smart enough and respectful enough to walk out alive and intact. The only people that I've come across that behaved like the Twins or looked like the Twins are the dumb-ass little white poser wannabees punks. THAT is who I thought was being made fun of and THAT is one small demographic that desreves it. Hell, my ex-roomate was part of The IE, straight out of Cali. I've been there, I KNOW that isn't how the folks on the street are which is why the racist aspect never crossed my mind.
You care to back down and rethink how you just offended me and everything that I know and everything that I've experienced and how your reaction towards me just tainted everyone elses view of a situation that could have been handled a whole lot better, cause there aint a single one of my friends on the street that would have handled this the way you did! I'm pissed off on their behalf about your reaction cause I know my buddy didn't see the "stereotype" the same way you did.
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:50 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
First Gen wrote:

Unfortunately, they're talentless hacks from whom we won't get anything better. So i hope they won't even tuch TF3. Orci and Kurtzman are bums. I could have written a better script, I write enough fanfics.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 FEB231519 2A (CA) Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #133 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUL221645 133RI Ninja Turtles (CA) Robson"
TMNT #133 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230206 1C (W/CA) Shalvey (A) Moss"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics DEC220422 1B MOTU Jones"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #148 Cvr C 1:10 RI IDW Comics 2024 DEC231062 148C (CA) Harren (W) Campbell"
TMNT #148 Cvr C 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ANNUAL 2023 Cvr B Out of Time IDW Comics MAR231656 (W)Walsh (A/CA)Legostaev"
TMNT ANNUAL 2023 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv Halloween Special #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 AUG231431"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231595 4A (CA) Gallant"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 OCT231360 8B (CA) Hymel"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr E 1:25 virgin IDW Comics 2023 JUN231496 2E (CA) Pe"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT JENNIKA II #1 (of 6) RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 Ninja Turtles 1RI SEP200445"
TMNT JENNIKA II #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #8 Cvr D RI 1:10 IDW Comics FEB231509 8D 8RI (CA) Qualano"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv ENDLESS SUMMER Cvr B IDW Comics JUN231428 (CA)Lawrence"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 SEP221740 1RI (CA) Deodato"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON