This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Cover Revealed

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Cover Revealed

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Artist Casey Coller pays tribute to the legendary John Romita again, with another variant that he created based on the classic Spider-Man #50 cover.

The first variant cover that he did featured "Megatron No More!" and was an Apocalypse Comics Exclusive. It took inspiration from a classic John Romita Spider-Man cover.

Casey has now revealed a second even more exclusive cover set up in the very same manner, but featuring Galvatron as the full body instead of another Megatron picture.

Confused by what I mean?

Check it out below, and see what Casey has to say about the cover here.

Behold... Galvatron! And behold the exclusive print I'll have available at the 2009 London Film and Comic-Con. It is of course a variant of the Apocalypse Comics exclusive cover for All Hail Megatron #12 (and of course it is an homage to the classic cover to the Amazing Spider-Man #50 by legend John Romita).

This print is limited to only 50 copies. I'm also considering only offering it if you also buy Apocalypse's exclusive cover for AHM #12, as I don't want this to take away from Apocalypse's sales. I have a feeling these are going to go fast...

All Hail Megatron #12 was released to comic book retailers last week.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Cover Revealed

Postby Monty Prime » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:03 am

John Romita Sr. drew that Spider-Man cover (It was issue #50). The only published pieces of Spider-Man art by Kirby were a Toys for Tots ad and the cover of Amazing Fantasy #15.
And now for something completely different. It's- Monty Python-er Monty Prime's Flying Signature.
RawToys!
My art.
Monty Prime
Mini-Con

Postby waaaaghlord » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:18 am

Only 50? Wow. I do have a mate going to the con so I might have to see what she can do for me on this one.
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:23 am

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
This is so cool yet so confusing! 8-}
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:28 am

Monty Prime wrote:John Romita Sr. drew that Spider-Man cover (It was issue #50). The only published pieces of Spider-Man art by Kirby were a Toys for Tots ad and the cover of Amazing Fantasy #15.

Oh c'mon, small mistake. It's 2AM here! Sorry, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. Fixed.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:30 am

Jetstorm9221 wrote:This is so cool yet so confusing! 8-}

I think I edited out the confusion.

I'd like one too Waaaaghlord.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:11 am

I get how this would work if Megaton got reformatted into Galvatron & no longer be Megatron, but as I understand it, Megatron & Galvatron are two seperate characters in the IDW Universe.
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Monty Prime » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:31 am

tigertracks 24 wrote:
Monty Prime wrote:John Romita Sr. drew that Spider-Man cover (It was issue #50). The only published pieces of Spider-Man art by Kirby were a Toys for Tots ad and the cover of Amazing Fantasy #15.

Oh c'mon, small mistake. It's 2AM here! Sorry, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. Fixed.

I'm a classic Spidey buff, and JR Sr. is my idol, so yeah. Plus, that's my all time favorite comic cover. Glad I could help though.
And now for something completely different. It's- Monty Python-er Monty Prime's Flying Signature.
RawToys!
My art.
Monty Prime
Mini-Con

Postby Chaoslock » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:29 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:I get how this would work if Megaton got reformatted into Galvatron & no longer be Megatron, but as I understand it, Megatron & Galvatron are two seperate characters in the IDW Universe.

This is a cover to All Hail Megatron, the series that retconned the whole IDW universe, I don't think that a small retconning like rebuilding the backstory of Galvatron would be so big :P

Seriously, I like this cover better than the original.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby WhiteRabbit » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:14 am

Uh, guys, it clearly states the Galvatron piece is a print, not a cover. You're gonna have people searching for a comic that doesn't exist. ;)
WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
News Credits: 156

Postby Supreme Convoy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:39 am

:BOT: Classy, I like it! :CON:
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:50 am

WhiteRabbit wrote:Uh, guys, it clearly states the Galvatron piece is a print, not a cover. You're gonna have people searching for a comic that doesn't exist. ;)

It's misleading to say the least. A print can be considered a run of comics, as well as, a singular picture.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLITZWING Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 91 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
BLITZWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of BUMBLEBEE #1 IDW Comics 2022 JUL221658 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 220420A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE A.W.E. STRIKER + STALKER Transformers Collaborative GI Joe 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE A.W.E. S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Age Extinction One-Step complete AOE Hasbro 2014"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #4 Regular Cvr IDW Comics 2017 (W) Barber (A/CA) Zama"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Robots In Disguise 2015 Hyper Change 3-Step 220512A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "World's Smallest Transformers BUMBLEBEE 1.25" Micro Action Figure Authentic New"
World's Smallest T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mega Axe Attack OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Warrior 2021"
Mega Axe Attack OP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
NEW!
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON