This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead!

Postby Blurrz » Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Crafty third party HeadRobots is at it again with their second Headmaster set. It's Hothead, a Headmaster upgrade for Universe Hardhead. But no, the fun doesn't stop there as HeadRobots have updated their website, notifying us that Hothead will be compatible with Generation One Hardhead as well! They're even going the extra mile, HeadRobots have also put 'Lego' sized hands for Hothead, allowing the Headmaster to be able to carry Lego weapons. Check out the pictures below!

Feel free to pre-order Hothead at any of our various site sponsors - BigBadToyStore, TFsource or RobotKingdom!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: HeadRobots Hothead Update - Compatible with Generation One Hardhead!

Postby kirbenvost » Fri May 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Holy guacamole! (cuz he's green get it? :lol: ) That's awesome! I wish I had a Universe Hardhead now. But since he never even got released in Canada, I'll have to do without.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Damn ... makes me kinda wish I had a Hardhead! I didn't think this set would be compatable with the original.

Just gotta keep reminding myself that I never even knew who he was before this set.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
If I don't preorder this guy, it's only because I've also got a computer to pay for, and I've already also ordered Cobra, which I aughta be getting in the next week or so since it's already shipped. I'm definitely gonna get this one as well at some point though.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby adamassc » Fri May 07, 2010 5:59 pm

Motto: "In one little corner of the universe, there's nothing more irritating than a misfire"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
neato. I may get this set if only to gun-up my universe Onslaught since I have no Hardhead.
adamassc
Pretender
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby enclinedesigns » Fri May 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Motto: "live it"
I will be getting this guy ASAP!!!
enclinedesigns
Mini-Con
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Bumblevivisector » Fri May 07, 2010 6:32 pm

Aw, slag! I didn't think I was gonna' havta' buy TWO Hotheads! (I already bought one Cobra, need a second one to make the Cobra-breast weapon, and preordered the blue snake)

Is the face accurate to his show/comic model instead of the original toy? I even have a spare Hardhead that's mint but missing everything, including the non-removable gray shoulder cannon; is that such a common break that they included an approximation of it too? Gee, I hope they don't get sued for being that generous in giving us head (*ducks* Hey don't blame me, Jack Nicolson and The Monkees said it first)

And as for the hands, are Lego pegs the same size a Stikfa pegs? Because if so, my Hothead's gonna' start working on his juggling act before I even decapitate my Universe Slaught-Head.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Speed: 6
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby foxmorgan » Fri May 07, 2010 7:08 pm

When I first heard about this set... I took a BIG gamble and went out and bought to G1 Hardheads. I had already picked up the new version of Hardhead before this came out, but man oh man... I am stoked! This will definitely be going on my G1 version! First time for me, a gamble like that paid off! Way cool. You can still get a G1 Hardhead on ebay for about $8-12, but I am sure sellers will start jacking up prices. Glad for ONCE I was ahead of this. Now if only I did not put that damn Target Bruticus set back on the shelf (finding out three days later about the upgrade kit)! DOH!
foxmorgan
Mini-Con

Postby Doctor McGrath » Fri May 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Im really liking this guy. I cannot wait to see finished images of the product. The Hothead robot mode looks very posable and impressive too. I hope they add more paint apps than they did on the Snake headmaster. Not real impressed with the lego hands..
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Skill: 8

Postby Heckfire » Fri May 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
I lucked out and grabbed the LAST Universe Hardhead at my local Wallyworld. At least this guy seems to be worth it!
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby Tirade » Fri May 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
amcgrath929 wrote:Im really liking this guy. I cannot wait to see finished images of the product. The Hothead robot mode looks very posable and impressive too. I hope they add more paint apps than they did on the Snake headmaster. Not real impressed with the lego hands..

What is wrong with the lego hands? Considering the size of the figure, I'd say we are fortunate that he can even hold things. And lego weapons aren't that bad either. I wasn't too impressed when I first heard the lego hands, but upon second thought, they look fine on the figure. I'm glad he doesn't have tiny little holes for a small gun or something. I have broken off so many gun handles that way. They tend to get stuck inside the hole.
Tirade
Minibot
Buy from Tirade on eBay
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby It Is Him » Fri May 07, 2010 9:06 pm

So, is the price of a loose G1 Hardhead gonna shoot up or what?
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Fri May 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Tirade wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:Im really liking this guy. I cannot wait to see finished images of the product. The Hothead robot mode looks very posable and impressive too. I hope they add more paint apps than they did on the Snake headmaster. Not real impressed with the lego hands..

What is wrong with the lego hands? Considering the size of the figure, I'd say we are fortunate that he can even hold things. And lego weapons aren't that bad either. I wasn't too impressed when I first heard the lego hands, but upon second thought, they look fine on the figure. I'm glad he doesn't have tiny little holes for a small gun or something. I have broken off so many gun handles that way. They tend to get stuck inside the hole.

While I don't think I'd actually use the lego hands - mostly because I'd be buying this guy for what I believe to be his intended purpose (as a third-party replacement for G1 Headmaster heads) - I for one don't see anything wrong with them. I suppose they could actually add some playability to the figure if you've got the lego weapons on hand.

It Is Him wrote:So, is the price of a loose G1 Hardhead gonna shoot up or what?

I hope not. I'd want to buy a G1 Hardhead, to go along with my Hothead figure. I picked up a headless Mindwipe figure with Cobra in mind.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Intelligence: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby onsanyo-con » Sat May 08, 2010 5:34 am

Weapon: Dual Heat-Seeking Missile Launcher
Ok now I have to order atleast 3.
1.One for display with a couple brick arms guns.
2.The second one and 3rd one for custom painting in metallics to match the metalllic versions of Onslaught and Hardhead I customed.
I have to come up with storage for those on the figures now as well. Wish me luck. :)
onsanyo-con
Mini-Con
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Constantine » Sat May 08, 2010 6:26 am

I reported these exact same things a month ago, when I spoke with these guys at the Canadian Collectible Toy Expo.
Constantine
Micromaster

Postby TimPilot » Sat May 08, 2010 9:48 am

YES!! Finally my Hardhead will be complete :D Got the Headcobra and loved it, but this is just too perfect to miss :D
TimPilot
Micromaster

Postby Mkall » Sat May 08, 2010 11:50 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons

Only the headless ones ;)

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Autobot032 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Mkall wrote:

Only the headless ones ;)

Hah! Funny you should mention that. That was one of the first things I looked for. LOL
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Flux Convoy » Sat May 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
So uh, anyone wanna hook a brother up with a Universe Hardhead? ;) Pleeeease?
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sat May 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Tirade wrote:

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with lego hands. And i appreciate the fact that they tried to go the extra mile, and let this little guy hold a gun...But, personally I'd rather a detailed headmaster just have nice looking fists rather than a big "U" for a hand. The shadow warrior's hands, whom I'm assuming is close in size, was more of what i was looking for. Unless I can manage to grab two, I imagine mine will be on top of Hardhead anyway.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay

Postby Tirade » Sat May 08, 2010 10:47 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
amcgrath929 wrote:
Tirade wrote:

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with lego hands. And i appreciate the fact that they tried to go the extra mile, and let this little guy hold a gun...But, personally I'd rather a detailed headmaster just have nice looking fists rather than a big "U" for a hand. The shadow warrior's hands, whom I'm assuming is close in size, was more of what i was looking for. Unless I can manage to grab two, I imagine mine will be on top of Hardhead anyway.

Well, if the shadow warrior is around a minibot's size (maybe a bit smaller), he would still be larger than a headmaster. Unless the Hothead custom is a huge headmaster, which wouldn't seem so based on the various pics, he will be smaller. When you are dealing with that scale, every little bit counts. I, for one, actually like the open fist better. I think it looks more realistic when holding weapons. It might look a little silly when he isn't holding one, but that's okay. I think the detail (based on the early pics) is incredible.
Tirade
Minibot
Buy from Tirade on eBay
Speed: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby goshjosh95 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Motto: "Amazing! A boobie trap that actually catches boobies. [Optimus Prime]"
Awesome sauce.

Too bad I missed Universe Hardhead when he was on discount at Walmart, nor do I own G1 Hardhead. Brilliant.
:CON: "Decepticons, transform and rise up!"

My feedback thread: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/goshjosh95-t65587.php
goshjosh95
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Stockade » Mon May 10, 2010 9:06 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
I'm soooooo glad this guy is on pre-order through TFsource, TFU 2.0 Hardhead is gonna look sweet! =P~ :BOT:

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON