This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura: More action and more comedy in TF:DOTM.

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura: More action and more comedy in TF:DOTM.

Postby Albershide » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:46 am

"According to di Bonaventura, director Michael Bay's use of 3D technology this time around will take the franchise to the next level.

"It captures scenes in a way they haven't been captured before and here's a different sensibility to the movie as a result" he explained. "Michael is so awesome at shooting, the question originally was how the cameras would work because they're cumbersome. Look how long it took Jim Cameron to make one movie. All those things are quite daunting, but Michael figured out how to use the cameras in a day.

"We had a day early in pre-production set aside just so he could test the cameras and see what they were like. If you look at Avatar, the camera isn't sweeping around in the way Michael uses the camera, so we had to make sure it could do what Michael does. I think people are going to be pretty wowed by the result."

Aside from the 3D however, what will be different this time around?

"What you can expect is more comedy than we've ever had before" di Bonaventura revealed. "You can expect bigger action sequences than we've ever had before and you can expect a different character through-line for our lead because he's a little bit older and Rosie's a little bit older - there's a maturity there that didn't exist before.

"He's moved on to a new stage in his life with a job, and that's an interesting rite of passage, so I think it has the emotional elements that people are expecting of the movie, but they've moved forward in time, if you would."

Full article:
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/112/1129218p1.html
Albershide
Vehicon
News Credits: 24

Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura: More action and more comedy in TF:DOTM.

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Michael Bay > James Cameron.

As for more comedy, I'm all for it as long as it doesn't involve dog- and leg-humping and gestalt balls.

But the more action is what I'm waiting for, really. Especially in 3D. Personally, I can't wait. Just to see what it's like.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Burn » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
ooooooo more comedy ... *braces for the inevitable onslaught of haters*
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Prime Riblet » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Motto: "Mottos! We need no stinking mottos!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I too can't wait. Also, even though I am not a giant fan of 3-D, I will see this in that format. It is being shot that way whether I like it or not, so I might as well take a look at it in the cinema.

Burn-It isn't that hard to brace aginst a bunch of hot air! ;)
Prime Riblet
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Burn » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Prime Riblet wrote:Burn-It isn't that hard to brace aginst a bunch of hot air! ;)

You're talking to a guy who had to wedge himself against the kitchen door to stop it from flying open during one of the most destructive cyclones in history.

I know about hot air. :P
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby zenosaurus_x » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
"What you can expect is more comedy than we've ever had before"

*Groan...*
Don't get me wrong, I love the movies and they did have SOME funny moments but...ROTF had a few that made me like the movie so much less....
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Prime Riblet » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Motto: "Mottos! We need no stinking mottos!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Burn wrote:
Prime Riblet wrote:Burn-It isn't that hard to brace aginst a bunch of hot air! ;)

You're talking to a guy who had to wedge himself against the kitchen door to stop it from flying open during one of the most destructive cyclones in history.

I know about hot air. :P

Haha. That sucks and rocks all at once.
Prime Riblet
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby SEXFIGHTER » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:02 am

Motto: "The sneaky and un-manly will awake the sleeping power of Unicron.."
Weapon: Armor Axe
so it took Bay a day eh? what a genius.... but hey, we got more comedy?!! This new one COULD potentially make ROTF look like Alien or zulu... MORE COMEDY!!!!! Thats what ruined your last film, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?? Yeah hot air, but i was prepared to give these people a chance, and now we find they're continuing down the road of self destruction. I fear the worst, Bay aint no Cameron, never will be either, hes no innovator, and he sure has a lot to prove as a story teller. Hurry up, get this film out, sell your toys and t shirts, then fire these absolute JOKES before the damage to the Transformers brand is irreparable.
SEXFIGHTER
Fuzor
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:08 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
SEXFIGHTER wrote:so it took Bay a day eh? what a genius.... but hey, we got more comedy?!! This new one COULD potentially make ROTF look like Alien or zulu... MORE COMEDY!!!!! Thats what ruined your last film, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?? Yeah hot air, but i was prepared to give these people a chance, and now we find they're continuing down the road of self destruction. I fear the worst, Bay aint no Cameron, never will be either, hes no innovator, and he sure has a lot to prove as a story teller. Hurry up, get this film out, sell your toys and t shirts, then fire these absolute JOKES before the damage to the Transformers brand is irreparable.

So, the slaughter begins.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9

Postby SEXFIGHTER » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Im sorry..I.I had to get that out. :BOOM: Im all better now.
SEXFIGHTER
Fuzor

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:20 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
*sighs* I know he says these things publicly because he's addressing the main audience, not really us, but I wish he'd just shut up about this stuff.

At the very least, wait until the film's due to be released. State something like this about a week or two before the film comes out.

Why? Because you're throwing us to the wolves. You have no idea how big of a can of worms you just opened, Mr. Di Bonaventura, sir.

You should be forced to deal with the craziness like we are. Please, please, please don't do is in the future.

*sighs*

I have no problem with more comedy. It breaks up the monotony.

Here comes the crap in 3...2...
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Autobot032 wrote:*sighs* I know he says these things publicly because he's addressing the main audience, not really us, but I wish he'd just shut up about this stuff.

At the very least, wait until the film's due to be released. State something like this about a week or two before the film comes out.

Why? Because you're throwing us to the wolves. You have no idea how big of a can of worms you just opened, Mr. Di Bonaventura, sir.

You should be forced to deal with the craziness like we are. Please, please, please don't do is in the future.

*sighs*

I have no problem with more comedy. It breaks up the monotony.

Here comes the crap in 3...2...

1 mother f... Naw, Im just kidding, I kid. I kid. But really I just want it to be a straight up serious movie for once. I have no problems with more comedy either. Its just that Im tired of being harrased for liking these movies all the got damn time.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby SEXFIGHTER » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:38 pm

They're cramming it with COMEDY...because they dont give a toss about it.... just selling toys and making money.
SEXFIGHTER
Fuzor

Postby Burn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:26 pm

SEXFIGHTER wrote:just selling toys and making money.

Wow, a toy company and movie studio doing that. That's new!
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Burn wrote:

Its unheard of! Its an abomination to the very definition of life! Its a direct insult to every thing humanity stands for. Its a crime and should be treated as such. :roll:
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Burn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:49 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Burn wrote:

Its unheard of! Its an abomination to the very definition of life! Its a direct insult to every thing humanity stands for. Its a crime and should be treated as such. :roll:

The heathens! How dare they stop doing something for the small minority fanbase and instead aim for a much larger market! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Burn wrote:

The heathens! How dare they stop doing something for the small minority fanbase and instead aim for a much larger market! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

HEY! There will be none of that!

....we just had the damn floor cleaned and buffed. Were you people raised in a barn? This place has to be presentable!

...this is why we can't have nice things. You know that, right?
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Burn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Autobot032 wrote:...this is why we can't have nice things. You know that, right?

But ... but ... we're entitled, no ... we DESERVE nice things! They owe us! THEY OWE USSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Burn wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:...this is why we can't have nice things. You know that, right?

But ... but ... we're entitled, no ... we DESERVE nice things! They owe us! THEY OWE USSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Of course they do! We're like 90% of their revenue, and we're their main focus! Kids are merely an afterthought.

Remember folks, the box says "For Ages 30 And Up", I mean, it's not rocket surgery here...TransFormers aren't for kids, silly rabbit!

Geez. You'd think people would figure out that it's ALL about US!

US!

US.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Burn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:49 pm

You think they'll let us help write the next movie? I mean we're such great comedic talent and all, and we're REAL fans and know the mythology!
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby SEXFIGHTER » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Once again the grown up ROTF fans are overcompensating for a tank of a ballbag of a movie by rounding up on those who don't like ROTF..even moderaters are directly baiting here, and getting away with it. sad forum.
SEXFIGHTER
Fuzor

Postby SEXFIGHTER » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Burn wrote:You think they'll let us help write the next movie? I mean we're such great comedic talent and all, and we're REAL fans and know the mythology!

BAIT..BAIT.. :D
SEXFIGHTER
Fuzor

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:06 pm

SEXFIGHTER wrote:Once again the grown up ROTF fans are overcompensating for a tank of a ballbag of a movie by rounding up on those who don't like ROTF..even moderaters are directly baiting here, and getting away with it. sad forum.

Once again the ROTF haters are accusing others for insults.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:22 pm

SEXFIGHTER wrote:Once again the grown up ROTF fans are overcompensating for a tank of a ballbag of a movie by rounding up on those who don't like ROTF..even moderaters are directly baiting here, and getting away with it. sad forum.

No one's overcompensating. We're having a bit of fun. You can't detect the sarcasm? You movie haters post stuff like this all the time and mean it. We joke and mean no ill will and it's not allowed? How the hell is that fair?

And as for Burn, I'm normally one of the first to cry foul about his posts, but this time, he's not baiting anyone. He was going with the flow and having fun, simple as that. If I can see that then you can too.

If anyone's baiting, it's you.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Burn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Joking? On the internet? Is there no end to your heresay Autobot032? You should be ashamed! ASHAMED I SAY!

Probably should start using smilies to indicate we're joking around.

:P
Burn
Forum Admin

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #152 Cvr G 1:25 DC Comics 2024 0724DC007 152G (CA) Ortega"
NEW!
BATMAN #152 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OUR ARMY AT WAR #81 Facsimile DC Comics 2024 ptg 0324DC138 (CA) Grandenetti"
NEW!
OUR ARMY AT WAR #8 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #152 Cvr F 85th Anniversary DC Comics 2024 0724DC006 152F (CA) Scott"
NEW!
BATMAN #152 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #152 Cvr A DC Comics 2024 0724DC001 152A (CA) Larroca"
NEW!
BATMAN #152 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #400 Facsimile Cvr C Blank Sketch DC Comics 2024 ptg 0724DC218"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #152 Cvr C DC Comics 2024 0724DC003 152C (CA) Johnson"
NEW!
BATMAN #152 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #152 Cvr H 1:50 DC Comics 2024 0724DC007 152H (CA) Jones"
NEW!
BATMAN #152 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LOONEY TUNES #280 DC Comics 2024 0724DC222 (W/CA) Fridolfs (A) Pope"
NEW!
LOONEY TUNES #280 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #152 Cvr I Beetlejuice DC Comics 2024 0724DC802 152I (CA) Quinones"
NEW!
BATMAN #152 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #404 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC209 404A (CA) Mazzucchelli"
NEW!
BATMAN #404 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #152 Cvr E DC Comics 2024 0724DC005 152E (CA) Garcia-Lopez + Prado"
NEW!
BATMAN #152 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #152 Cvr D DC Comics 2024 0724DC004 152D (CA) Scott"
NEW!
BATMAN #152 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #400 Facsimile Cvr B Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 0724DC217 Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #152 Cvr B DC Comics 2024 0724DC002 152B (CA) March"
NEW!
BATMAN #152 Cvr B ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #358 - Size Wars
Twincast / Podcast #358:
"Size Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 7th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON