This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Ongoing #31 Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Ongoing #31 Preview

Postby El Duque » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Newsarama has posted an exclusive preview on Transformers Ongoing #31, scheduled to hit shelves next Wednesday. This issue concludes the "Ongoing" run that will be splitting into two new ongoing titles, Robots in Disguise and More Than Meets The Eye, after the Death of Optimus Prime one shot. Check out the preview below.

• Story - Mike Costa
  • Art - Casey Coller
  • Color - Joana Lafuente
  • Letters - Neil Uyetake
  • Associate Editor - Carlos Guzman
  • Editor - John Barber

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers Ongoing #31 Preview

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Re: Escalation. "That's not really an appropriate story. How do you know that story?"

:BANG_HEAD: #-o

Really, Mike? Really?!

I should have known better than to believe that he wasn't going to go away without taking one more shot at his critics.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
love the G2 emblems.
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby zodconvoy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Darth Bombshell wrote:Re: Escalation. "That's not really an appropriate story. How do you know that story?"

:BANG_HEAD: #-o

Really, Mike? Really?!

I should have known better than to believe that he wasn't going to go away without taking one more shot at his critics.

It wasn't a personal attack on the story or its writer. Alpha Trion is talking to kids, despite their size. Generally, children's stories have violence only to show the stakes involved or the punish someone. Even the Grimm's violent and dark tales did so only to get the message across. To tell them to story of their leader getting the sh!t kicked out of him to the point of death serves no lesson, just entertains. Alpha wants to teach them something. The Wreckers on G-9 is far more violent but will teach them bravery and sacrifice and honor. I don't think Ironfist could've asked for better than that!
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby dinogeist » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:13 pm

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

S
P
A
C
E

Disclaimer: I state norhing as fact,these are only my opinions.

but what happened to optimus prime? he used the matrix to defeat to D-Void & was last seen going thru this portal following the D-void.

Will the D-VOID & Optimus prime duke it out in issue #125? or
in issue #31?

surely that can't be all we got of the D-VOID,Just a decepticon-D-void avatatar & that sphere energy thing that megatron & optimus helped to destroy.

Is it too hard to ask for decent writting in these IDW TF G-1 on-going comics? like showing the D-void's origin,where it came from,how it evoulved,who it is,what special powers it has. a look into it's dark twisted persona mind. why it hates cybertronains so much,etc..

Personaly we didn't need that 3 comic issues wasted on the last story on earth. those issues could have been used to flesh out a 3-d persona for the D-void.

We didn't need ANOTHER detailed origin story on optimus & megatron. this wasted to many comic issues & felt forced to co-incide with the TF Prime cartoon origin stories of optimus & megatron. it also felt forced to further help pad more story to the original 13.

LASTLY,Idw killed off 3 major faction leaders. megatron,optimus prime & galvatron. who gonna lead the factions now a bunch of monkeys?

I had at the very least wanted Rodimus Prime to lead the whole autobot army. while galvatron led the whole decepticon army.

I suspose having shockwave lead the decepticons with ratbat in the back ground,is kinda cool as this mirrors those marvel TF G-1 Comics.

Bumblebee,I can't believe their still making him the faction leader. i had hopes bumblebee would get killed or bumblebee would get de-promoted by grimlock or rodimus prime or jetfire or?

at best i'm looking forward to simon furmans 2012 issues 80.5 thru 100 continuation marvel TF G-1 series under the IDW label.

I'll probably opt to buy the trade paper backs in july for 2012's more than meets the eyes & RID. I just don't think these 2 series merit me spending gas every month traveling to my comic book store.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby I want to be prime » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:50 am

Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
My self I've liked the IDW take, and am looking forward to seeing how they handle the series going forward into MTMTE AND RID.

Ive tried to map out the different story threads for IDW todate and want to upload it to see if Ive got it right how do I do it?
I want to be prime
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Supreme Convoy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Awesome! I'm looking forward to this.

Man, I wish that Trevor Hutchison cover wasn't a variant. It's the best of the bunch!
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #26 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 OCT200417 26RI (CA) Milne (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #26 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 FEB200657 8B (A) Miyao (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 5th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM893 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 5th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #29 IDW Comics 2014 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS 3-D #2 Blackthorne Comics 1987 (A/CA) Francis (W) Lafrance 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS 3-D # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #5 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 NOV190607 5B (CA)Pitre-Durocher"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210467 33RI (CA) Milne 230906AB"
TRANSFORMERS #33 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210544 13B (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210680 32RI (CA) Chan (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers GENERATION ONE #6 Dreamwave Comics 2004 G1 Ongoing (CA) Figueroa"
Transformers GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #41 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 231222V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of GRIMLOCK #1 IDW Comics 2022 AUG221573 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Lord Golobulus Image Comics 1223IM856 Howard"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON