This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

LilFormers.com Update and Addition of "Dreamslaves"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

LilFormers.com Update and Addition of "Dreamslaves"

Postby GetRightRobot » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:17 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Fellow Seibertronian Matt Moylan has updated his precious Lilformers.com website with new information, more art and the addition of a story segment titled Dreamslaves. The new Dreamslaves will be a series of quirky incidents that occurred during Matt's time with the ill fated Dreamwave comics and his work on the Transformers series they handled. Dreamslaves #1: Red Alert is a reflection on Matt's time as a graphic designer and production manager, in which he had somehow make Sideswipe fight two enemies on opposites sides of the planet at the same time! How is that possible? Enter Red Alert.

Dreamslaves #2:Artists in Disguise has also been uploaded and this one might shock of few comic fans. At least the naive ones!

Check out the always entertaining and wonderfully talented Matt Moylan's Lilformers site by clicking here.

And if for some reason you have never heard of Matt Moylan OR Lilformers.com, here is his just a smaple Lilformers strip:

Last edited by GetRightRobot on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: LilFormers.com Update and Addition of "Dreamslaves"

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Wait. This guy is somehow still relevant? I thought he gave up on Lil' Formers a long time ago?
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby GetRightRobot » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:19 am

Yea, I think he got burned out on the Transformers thing when he started working for UDON, but I do like hearing about f-ups that are ingeniously disguised. I met Matt Moylan at Botcon 2010, he really was a nice guy.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby MattMoylan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:36 am

Not this guy again... Moylan is a total hack!

I heard he kicks babies.
MattMoylan
Mini-Con

Postby robotmel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:57 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
MattMoylan wrote:Not this guy again... Moylan is a total hack!

I heard he kicks babies.

:grin:

Welcome back sir, always welcome!

I have always loved your style and humour, so its great to see more new material.

Shame you couldnt get a deal with IDW for like a half page inside back cover or similar?
How about some full on Pitiful Ranger bashing, just for being so gosh darn lame! :lol:
Roll out the goodness!
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, YotS Omega Supreme
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
robotmel
Gestalt
News Credits: 14
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 8

Postby MattMoylan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:11 am

robotmel wrote:Welcome back sir, always welcome!

I have always loved your style and humour, so its great to see more new material.

Shame you couldnt get a deal with IDW for like a half page inside back cover or similar?
How about some full on Pitiful Ranger bashing, just for being so gosh darn lame! :lol:
Roll out the goodness!

Thanks! Actually I did get the one inside cover, in the Wheelie Spotlight comic. Chris Ryall asked to use it after I showed him my IDW strip heh. Other than that I never really pursued it, and honestly I wouldn't have time to do much ongoing art work what with my UDON duties.

BTW, why not check out the NEW webcomic I am writing with artist Dax Gordine? ;) Bravoman!

http://shiftylook.com/comics/bravoman/
MattMoylan
Mini-Con

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:38 am

MattMoylan wrote:
robotmel wrote:Welcome back sir, always welcome!

Roll out the goodness!

Thanks! Actually I did get the one inside cover, in the Wheelie Spotlight comic. Chris Ryall asked to use it after I showed him my IDW strip heh. Other than that I never really pursued it, and honestly I wouldn't have time to do much ongoing art work what with my UDON duties.

BTW, why not check out the NEW webcomic I am writing with artist Dax Gordine? ;) Bravoman!

http://shiftylook.com/comics/bravoman/

Stranger Danger! Hey man thanks for stopping by. Bravoman looks really good! Hey Matt, any chance you're going to have time for Botcon this year? Hmm Mr. Popular?

Always a fan!
GRR
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby Zordon » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Motto: "I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive, but your weak link is: this is seibertron"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
in the voice of Brian Blessed "matt's alive" lol :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
I have been keeping up to date on his deviant art page tooglad to see this return to his updates at lilformers, time to put it back in my main bookmarks
Zordon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Mkall » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I don't get why a lot of people don't like Matt, but I like his comics and learning more about Dreamweave is always entertaining.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Mkall wrote:I don't get why a lot of people don't like Matt, but I like his comics and learning more about Dreamweave is always entertaining.

I didn't know a lot people didn't like Matt! :lol:

I've met him once and he was pretty cool. Funny too. Got a "Lil Sunstreaker" from him at Botcon 2010, it's awesome.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:25 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I missed lilformers glad to see it back but not a fan of the redesign of the site for one reason, lil Demona is gone from the banner. On another note i still think the grimlock origins one is the best
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby MattMoylan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:31 am

GetRightRobot wrote:Stranger Danger! Hey man thanks for stopping by. Bravoman looks really good! Hey Matt, any chance you're going to have time for Botcon this year? Hmm Mr. Popular?

Always a fan!
GRR

Not going to be at Botcon this year, but I am planning to be at TFcon in July.
MattMoylan
Mini-Con

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:46 am

AHHhh... well that sucks. I'm sure your schedule is slammed because you work on EVERYTHING, but hopefully I can get out to TFcon.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby El Duque » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Matt Moylan has updated his Lil Formers blog with several pages from Dreamwave's uppublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4. Visit Lil Formers to check them out.

All these pages are drawn by Joe, but actually half the issue was drawn by Marcelo Matere. Erik Sander did the inks, and we believe colors were by Eric Burns (both mine and Joe’s memories are a little fuzzy on this. Correct us if we’re wrong Eric!). And story is of course by Simon Furman.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Va'al » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Wow, so that's what the mutated Grimlock AE clone looks like..!
Close enough in my head.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
To whoever it was who didn't believe me when I said this happened in the script, :michaelbay:

Also that is much more badass than what I imagined it looked like.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:33 pm

wow. was so disappointed this got cut short. Seeing these is really a nice perk.

Can anyone remind me what the plot was so far? You know, in like 50 words or less? Where did this beefed up Grim come from? I own it, but it's been years since I read it. I know Optimus is missing, there are a lot of seeker clones hanging around....
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby griftimus prime » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
sick art
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby zodconvoy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
I may be alone in this but I actually miss Dreamwave! Not the company, their practices, and sure as hell not Pat Lee, but the continuity. Even that art style (when not done by Lee himself anyway.) I don't know, it just feels more... G1, and I mean that in the least Geewun way possible. They really felt like a continuation of the old cartoon in a way that nothing else ever did.

I'm glad to see every page I can get of this lost and tainted era of Transformers!
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby Joetx » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:02 pm

zodconvoy wrote:I may be alone in this but I actually miss Dreamwave! Not the company, their practices, and sure as hell not Pat Lee, but the continuity. Even that art style (when not done by Lee himself anyway.) I don't know, it just feels more... G1, and I mean that in the least Geewun way possible. They really felt like a continuation of the old cartoon in a way that nothing else ever did.

You're not alone. I feel the quality of Dreamwave's TFs stories are of better quality than IDW's. IDW has had a few good TFs series, but also too many clunkers for my tastes.
Joetx
Fuzor

Postby Heavy B » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
zodconvoy wrote:I may be alone in this but I actually miss Dreamwave! Not the company, their practices, and sure as hell not Pat Lee, but the continuity. Even that art style (when not done by Lee himself anyway.) I don't know, it just feels more... G1, and I mean that in the least Geewun way possible. They really felt like a continuation of the old cartoon in a way that nothing else ever did.

I'm glad to see every page I can get of this lost and tainted era of Transformers!

I loved the g1 continuity, and the energon comic makes the cartoon look like it was made by retarded chimps. I would have loved to have seen where beast wars and cybertron would have gone
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
This is perfect timing!

I'm actually going start reading the Dreamwave G1 comics for the first time ever pretty soon. 8)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Skill: 9

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Yeah, I completely agree with you, Zodconvoy. The Dreamwave stuff felt like a seamless continuation out of G1... giving it a lot of respect and care than 20 years of fans have come to expect.

The current line, though it does have some real high points at times, is such a hodge-podge of movie aesthetics and complete redesigns. While I know every artist wants his crack at pretending to be a toy designer, I'd really prefer the characters look recognizable. I'm tired of the total redesigns, different transformations with every issue, odd skeletal faces, cluttered walking-junk-heap movie designs, etc. I want some continuity out of the comic series. For it to feel like one big arc, instead of a comic-to-comic deal.

You'd never get that with a franchise like Batman. Dude shows up on the scene, he looks like that black suit wearing dude you've been expecting... with only a few SLIGHT changes, if any. I want that kind of respect for the franchise.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby griftimus prime » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
if idw can pick up marvels ol domics. why cant they do that with dreamwaves war within ?
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Chaoslock » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Steroids are baad things.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Courage: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #148 Cvr B IDW Comics 2024 DEC231061 148B Turtles Ongoing (CA) Eastman"
TMNT #148 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 OCT231359 8A (CA) Myer"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210226 1B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv Halloween Special #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 AUG231431"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #1 Cvr D RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 1D 1RI (CA) Dooney"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 DEC221443 6D 6RI (CA) Qualano"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #2 Cvr C RI 1:10 IDW Comics FEB231521 2C Myer"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr I Symbol FOIL Gold Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1I"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #5 Cvr B IDW Comics APR231602 5B (CA) Eastman +Bishop"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr V 1:40 FOIL VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230225 1V (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #7 Cvr E 1:25 IDW Comics SEP231300 7E (CA) Ganucheau"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #4 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 JUN231488 4D (CA) Federici"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 MAY231439 1B (CA) Corona"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JUL231103 1B Williams"
Masters Universe F ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON