This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Masterpiece Gallery: MP-11 Starscream "New Destron Leader"

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Masterpiece Gallery: MP-11 Starscream "New Destron Leader"

Postby El Duque » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:59 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 has landed in the world famous Seibertron.com galleries! This remold of MP-03 features several modifications that make it much closer to the original Masterpiece Starscream prototype that was seen prior to MP-03's release. This version has a new head, modified Null-Rays, kibble-free hips, and more cartoon accurate colors.

In addition to the mold modifications this version of Starscream comes with the coronation crown and cape made famous in Transformers: The Movie. We've thrown in some comparisons with TFC Toys Coronation Kit that came out a few years back. Another new addition is a translucent "holographic" pilot that replaces the previous release's Dr. Arkeville. Enjoy the full high quality gallery by clicking any of the links or images below.

Starscream (MP-11) (Masterpieces)
Transformers Masterpiece

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: New Toy Gallery: MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0

Postby Gearslide » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:09 am

Motto: "Go with the flow"
Weapon: No Weapon
It's...it's beautiful... =P~ :BOWDOWN:

Now I have to figure out where I can buy it the for the cheapest amount, seeing as how Hasbro seems to have given up on the Masterpiece line. :sad:

Makes me want to get Sunstorm too.
Gearslide
Combiner
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 9

Postby zodconvoy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:27 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"

Wow. Now the Walmart one I have looks like crap! I like the third party shoulder pieces better but that plastic cape trumps it!

I will get this eventually but I'm going to swap TC & SW for iGears I think.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby MINDVVIPE » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:18 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
The original looks better with the exception of the waist pieces.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby noctorro » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:36 am

Not really crazy about both of them. Somehow the deluxe classics version seems to capture it a bit better, especially the face imho.

Something offtopic:
If one was to visit the US for funz, which city would be a good choice for a sci-fi/robot/game/fantasy nerd as myself?
I think California would be a good choice of state.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:39 am

I look at this figure and say, "that's really nice and clean looking" and the face looks more sinister. Then I get to the clunky looking, unarticulated ankles and just say, "no thanks".

They did all this work to the figure, why couldn't they engineer ankle articulation into it too? It's the only MP without it, right?
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:31 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Gearslide wrote:seeing as how Hasbro seems to have given up on the Masterpiece line.

I do not believe this is true.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:05 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Does his facial expressions flip between smirk and neutral?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby gavinfuzzy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:42 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
fenrir72 wrote:Does his facial expressions flip between smirk and neutral?

That gimmick was removed for an ball joint neck.
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: New Masterpiece Gallery: MP-11 Starscream "New Destron Leader"

Postby optimuscarlos » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:42 am

Motto: "A custom toy is not a toy, is art"
Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
They make better some parts but at the cost of the lower legs, which are a lot more blocky and unarticulated and the face gimick is gone, OH!, and the stand I really need that stand in jet mode.

I better stick with the old version.
optimuscarlos
Micromaster
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Gearslide wrote:
Now I have to figure out where I can buy it the for the cheapest amount, seeing as how Hasbro seems to have given up on the Masterpiece line. :sad:

Since when? They just released Hot Rod last year. It's fairly likely that they'll have some information on upcoming Masterpieces at Botcon.

Amazing gallery for an amazing figure! Hopefully I can add it to my collection one day. :BOWDOWN:
------------------------------
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:01 am

*accidental double post*
Last edited by kirbenvost on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Stumpybot » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:30 am

Motto: "If you dont say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Ive got this in hand and in comparing it with the domestic Skywarp i have the following observations:

1: Lack of a stand sucks, but then he does have an enormous, cool, articulated cape, so it was one or the other as i dont think the stand and cape would have worked well. not being able to display in flight mode, fair point that sucks, but since i dont display it in plane mode, i dont care that much.

2: Lack of head/face gimmick... who cares when the head is SO MUCH MORE G1 ACCURATE!!! not a problem for me at all. Plus the darkness of the face would make it harder to make out.

3: the waist kibble... THANK GOD ITS GONE!

4: the new legs... theyre great. fine the fins are on the back of the leg, but the redesigned foot with panels at the front AND back make the figure SOOOOOOO much more secure on his feet and quite honestly, any improvement on the old legs is great in my view. Saw somebody mention that they are more blocky and unarticulated now, thats completely untrue. theyre slightly thicker as the waist kibble has moved some parts down to the leg, its a satisfying transformation and its no difference in articulation, the fact that the foot now has panels at the back improves articulation and stability.

5: the removed shoulder kibble... fantastic improvement, nothing has popped off so far

6: The colour scheme, you cant please everybody, if you dont like it for the small differences that lets be honest, 99% of which can be fixed with reprolabels or a gundam marker, then youre just being too picky. Always a chance this will get a future domestic release so im sure that will satisfy any detractors

I know people will jump to opinions, thats cool, to each their own, but seriously dont call it crap when this IS a massively improved version of the mold, theyve obviously looked at the feedback and spent a lot of time refining this. The paint scheme is more or less identical to the domestic release, only differing on the tone of a few colours. If you want details, a fine liner and some reproladels will sort you out

All in all, im happy as hell right now. Ive got him flanked by TC and SW and its right his figure is has cosmetic differences, he's the boss. and an emperor... and money well spent!
Stumpybot
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Buy from Stumpybot on eBay
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Courage: 10

Postby Seibertron » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
My 2 cents about this figure: it's awesome. Plain and simple. They finally gave us the version that they showed us prototype pictures of way back in 2006, albeit with a new head. I'm extremely happy with this toy. Sure, I wish it had a few more factory applied paint details on it, but the other improvements of this mold over previous versions of Masterpiece Starscream are extremely welcomed. Masterpiece Starscream is now one of my all-time favorite Transformers toys. Kudos Takara Tomy.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby CrimsonPrime » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:16 pm

This guy is awesome !!! Best Starscream toy ever :D. I didnt regret spending my money on this amazing toy.

To those who complain about ankle joint...I think they didnt do it because of stability. Letting the ankle joint stuck at that angle gives much more stability when standing the figure up

Glad I didnt see anyone complain about the simplistic paint cause IMO it looks much better that way. This way he looks just like G1 Starscream looks. Simplistic but yet complicated at the same time :D.

IMO this guy fixed all the problem that I have with MP-03/Hasbro MP Starscream back then. Cant wait for them to release MP-12 :D.

PS : To those who say this guy is just Hasbro's MP Starscream with a much simpler paint, I now pronounce you a "True Idiot" :D.
CrimsonPrime
Vehicon

Postby Gearslide » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:21 pm

kirbenvost wrote:
Gearslide wrote:

Since when? They just released Hot Rod last year. It's fairly likely that they'll have some information on upcoming Masterpieces at Botcon.
:BOWDOWN:

First off, we didn't even get the entire Hot Rod figure from Habsro(The Masterpiece Targetmaster was nice though): the entire Winnebago trailer wasn't included, so an accurate alt mode for Rodimus Prime went out the window.

Second, Hot Rod came out in America and Japan last year, and Hasbro has made no indication of when the next Masterpiece would be released, or who it would even be! Takara, on the other hand, has released one completely new mold (MP-10), one heavily altered and revamped mold (MP-11), one repaint of a character who hasn't had a Masterpiece figure yet (MP-11S), AND revealed that the next Masterpiece figure will be Sideswipe (MP-12).
Gearslide
Combiner

Postby Seibertron » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Gearslide wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:
Gearslide wrote:

First off, we didn't even get the entire Hot Rod figure from Habsro(The Masterpiece Targetmaster was nice though): the entire Winnebago trailer wasn't included, so an accurate alt mode for Rodimus Prime went out the window.

Second, Hot Rod came out in America and Japan last year, and Hasbro has made no indication of when the next Masterpiece would be released, or who it would even be! Takara, on the other hand, has released one completely new mold (MP-10), one heavily altered and revamped mold (MP-11), one repaint of a character who hasn't had a Masterpiece figure yet (MP-11S), AND revealed that the next Masterpiece figure will be Sideswipe (MP-12).

psst ... here's a little secret: BotCon 2012 is just around the corner. In 11 to 12 days, you'll get to see a whole slew of new product reveals from Hasbro. I'm assuming the rest of 2nd quarter and 3rd quarter toys will be revealed. And we've still got San Diego Comic Con 2012 in 3 months which is when the rest of the 3rd quarty and 4th quarter toys should be revealed.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Gearslide » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Seibertron wrote:
Gearslide wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:
Gearslide wrote:

psst ... here's a little secret: BotCon 2012 is just around the corner. In 11 to 12 days, you'll get to see a whole slew of new product reveals from Hasbro. I'm assuming the rest of 2nd quarter and 3rd quarter toys will be revealed. And we've still got San Diego Comic Con 2012 in 3 months which is when the rest of the 3rd quarty and 4th quarter toys should be revealed.

...This is true. Hopefully Hasbro mentions something about future Masterpiece figures. Hopefully we'll also find out if Prime Voyager Swerve will be found outside of Japan, or if he'll be a Takara limited retool.
Gearslide
Combiner

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
I love this guy. Vast improvement over the original. Hoping to see TC and 'Warp done as well.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Seibertron » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:53 pm

camzilla51 wrote:Most people compare this to the original masterpiece and it's Wal-mart exclusive, but what about those who don't have any version? I would buy this, but only if it were a US release. Same I feel with MP-10 Prime.

MP-11 Starscream is hands down the version I would recommend for those that don't have any version.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Seibertron wrote:
Gearslide wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:
Gearslide wrote:

To add to this, Hasbro releases of MPs have usually been quite some time after their respective Takara releases. I'm talking a year or even two. Hasbro has also never been nearly as forthcoming with information about upcoming releases as Takara. Whereas Takara posts regular updates about what's coming out and even hints about their next MP releases, Hasbro doesn't, they save it all for the conventions and toy shows. Normally we see all the big reveals at Botcon and SDCC and that's the only way we find out except for online leaks. If I remember correctly, all the Hasbro MPs I've been in the hobby long enough to see before release were first revealed at Botcon. So all of them since the US Starscream. That's why I'm pretty sure they'll show something at Botcon. My money's on a domestic MP-10 without the trailer.

As for the lack of trailer and other changes with the Hasbro MPs, they do what they can. Even though collectors may be the market for MP toys, they still have to make it appeal to parents and casual buyers to justify a release. It's a lot less likely that they would be able to sell a $100+ MP toy than a$60-$80 one, so they leave out the trailer or cut back on the paint apps to compensate. I can understand it and don't mind as long as the quality is still good and the paint apps aren't too lacking.

So basically, lack of information doesn't mean Hasbro has abandoned the MP line. It's just their way. I'm certain they'll want to continue capitalizing on these awesome designs. :D
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby REMINATOR » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Weapon: Road Blade
*copy & paste*
Mine just came this morning, opened up the box, I must say love the face and the cape is totally magnificent. MP11 is pure awesome and definitely masterpiece worthy. Look like my MP10 Prime has to move over for King Starscream as my newly favorite figure for the moment. Let see MP12 Sideswipe can top MP11. This what we should've gotten along a time ago instead of MP3 Green Seaweed.

Since I refuse to buy MP3, MP11 transformation is a little bit easier than MP10. The only hard part for me is passing the nosecone through the channel since I don't want to scratch the paint.

In term of QC, nothing major. However, I do notice my MP11 left leg doesn't make that strong ratchet sound or strong grip when swinging forward or backward. It's like the material wear out. Also, at the front landing gear, the wheel has this circular scuffled mark not sure if it's spruce mark or damage. Lastly, on the cape, there are these 4 marks like someone took a thumb tack and poke them.

With the cape on, although MP11 can stand by itself okay, you can make his stability even more stable by sliding the wing panel to touch the ground. In addition, his leg now become just like Igears Seeker or even better since everything now even up.
MP-22 Ultra Magnus: Autobot City Commander
REMINATOR
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby Counterpunch » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Best version of this mold ever. Though...it's very much an entirely new creature.

If you are wondering what Starscream to get, this is the one.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANDSTORM Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SANDSTORM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON