This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime 2.0 Headed Down Under

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime 2.0 Headed Down Under

Postby El Duque » Sun May 13, 2012 10:20 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Fellow fansite Ozformers is reporting that Hasbro's Masterpiece Optimus Prime 2.0 is scheduled for an Australian release this Fall. The figure will be a Toys"R"Us exclusive priced at AU$150.00.

griffin wrote:Just rang up Hasbro Australia, asking if we will be getting the Masterpiece Optimus Prime here, since it will be in America soon (a ToysRUs exclusive).

From the product manager (via Customer Service, who put me on hold to ask) I was told that it was offered to retailers here, but none would take it at this time...

I've now rung up ToysRUs, just in case... and it was lucky I did.

This isn't going to help Hasbro's image here, but they gave me the wrong information. (looks like the retailers know more about Hasbro's products than Hasbro does)

Masterpiece Optimus Prime WILL BE HERE.
ToysRUs have two shipments coming in. One in late September (in stores early October), one in November (in stores for Christmas).

Price will be AU$150.

Here's a few images from the Seibertron.com BotCon 2012 gallery:

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime 2.0 Headed Down Under

Postby craggy » Sun May 13, 2012 10:27 am

excellent news! from what I understand our Aussie fellows get even less than the UK, and at even higher prices. As it is, it's still exorbitant, but then maybe not if the US release is around $100 (and I expect any UK release will be about the same...£100 that is, not the exchange rate equivalent of $100, which is a fair bit less) and it saves on importing the thing.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Burn » Sun May 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
craggy wrote:excellent news! from what I understand our Aussie fellows get even less than the UK,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bad bad info there mate. We've gotten a lot more stuff than you guys over the years. We've even been used as testing grounds for Takara exclusives.

$150 is a fairly decent price. When Target had Takara's MP Ultra Magnus he was around the $100 mark. So given that this is TRU, and their price for MP's is normally around $200, this isn't so bad.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby CrimsonPrime » Sun May 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Good news for me :D. Not cause I want it, I already have MP-10 but atleast to those who waited for the US release didnt get that much discount. I mean come on...From 250$ to 100$ and it still includes the huge trailer!? Atleast if it's 150$ or so it's good ~_~
CrimsonPrime
Vehicon

Postby Mykltron » Sun May 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
This isn't going to help Hasbro's image here, but they gave me the wrong information. (looks like the retailers know more about Hasbro's products than Hasbro does)

It's not the first time this has happened.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby User897 » Sun May 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Yes but, when will it be released here in the States?
User897
Combiner
Buy from User897 on eBay

Postby El Duque » Sun May 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
User897 wrote:Yes but, when will it be released here in the States?

Probably about the same time.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby LiKwid » Sun May 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
and TRU scalpers everywhere salivate at the chance to buy every single one and charge regular MP prices for it...

yay TRU... :HEADHURTS:
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby CrimsonPrime » Sun May 13, 2012 7:15 pm

LiKwid wrote:and TRU scalpers everywhere salivate at the chance to buy every single one and charge regular MP prices for it...

Lol that's why I never buy from eBay. Heck I just recently got interested in MP-08 Grimlock and I didnt give up until I found one in a retail store at a decent price :D. I just refuse paying money for those scalper jerks on eBay >.>...
CrimsonPrime
Vehicon

Postby User897 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Yikes. That reminds me, I'm in a new town in a new state. I have NO idea what the scalper scene is like here yet.

:-s
User897
Combiner
Buy from User897 on eBay

Postby DMSL » Mon May 14, 2012 9:55 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Great news, now how about The Netherlands? Barely any product on the shelves and what is there is months old and overpriced. Same goes for Star Wars, where are those vintage figures? Lazy Hasbro gits /endrant
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon May 14, 2012 10:56 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
DMSL wrote:Great news, now how about The Netherlands? Barely any product on the shelves and what is there is months old and overpriced. Same goes for Star Wars, where are those vintage figures? Lazy Hasbro gits /endrant

Don't you know by now Europe never gets the same treatment as the US? We only get the first half of the basics, that's it. If anything, try Germany or the UK, I heard they had MP Rodimus Prime on their shelves (the UK is still drowning in them I believe).
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Dead Metal » Mon May 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
DMSL wrote:Great news, now how about The Netherlands? Barely any product on the shelves and what is there is months old and overpriced. Same goes for Star Wars, where are those vintage figures? Lazy Hasbro gits /endrant

Don't you know by now Europe never gets the same treatment as the US? We only get the first half of the basics, that's it. If anything, try Germany or the UK, I heard they had MP Rodimus Prime on their shelves (the UK is still drowning in them I believe).

Yup, MP Rodi costs 50 euros over here (Germany that is) But thing is the stuff over here is also pretty old, like first half of DOTM old. But I did see some Prime Cyberverse just recently.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Mon May 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Still got MP Roddy round my way too.

I'll have to get on to TRU-UK and see what they know....
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster
News Credits: 36

Postby Mindmaster » Mon May 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Burn, time for you to rejoice. :DANCE:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby quickmixed » Tue May 15, 2012 1:10 am

This is pleasing news. $250 for Takara's or $150 for Hasbro's. I dont own MP10 as of yet, so I will wait for a comparison review and decide then.

I've been waiting for this figure to drop in price and if Takara's isnt $100 dollars better, then this is a definite buy for me.
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:41 am

User897 wrote:Yikes. That reminds me, I'm in a new town in a new state. I have NO idea what the scalper scene is like here yet.

:-s

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg&ob=av3e

you'll get the idea...
Breakdown 2099

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:51 am

LiKwid wrote:and TRU scalpers everywhere salivate at the chance to buy every single one and charge regular MP prices for it...

Maybe... I remember walking into a few toys r us' down here in Oz and seeing quite a few MP TRU exclusive Grimlock's staring back at me, same with Ghost MP Starscream. Admittedly they wanted something ridiculous for him when he was first released, now he's down to $100 and still sitting there. Same with Rodi... $60 and still warming the shelves, probably waiting to hand the matrix back to prime when he comes in ;)
Breakdown 2099

Postby Burn » Thu May 17, 2012 5:20 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Mindmaster wrote:Burn, time for you to rejoice. :DANCE:

nah, while it's nice that this will work out cheaper than importing from Takara (as I normally do with MP's) i'll still believe the price (and availability) when I actually see it in my closest TRU.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AVENGERS #1 Facsimile Ed Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230608 (W) Lee (A/CA) Kirby"
AVENGERS #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #105 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC205 (CA) Infantino + Giella"
FLASH #105 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr C blank DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC203 1C (CA)Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC202 1B (CA) Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 0324DC131 1A Perez"
NEW!
CRISIS ON INFINITE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230684 (W) Mantlo (CA) Miller"
ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #253 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg DEC230717 (CA) Leonardi"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #180 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg MAY230701 (CA) Trimpe"
INCREDIBLE HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OMEGA MEN #3 Facsimile Edition DC Comics 2023 ptg 0623DC259 1st Lobo (CA) Giffen"
OMEGA MEN #3 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #406 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC214 406 (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #406 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #255 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg FEB240720 (CA) Frenz"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIZ COMICS #2 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1222DC130 Shazam (CA) Beck (W)Parker"
WHIZ COMICS #2 Fac ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240732 (CA) Buscema"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr B DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC162 Blank Sketch"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON