This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Madman's new G1 complete DVD set and the Animated TFTM now available!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Madman's new G1 complete DVD set and the Animated TFTM now available!

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:43 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Hey everyone,

I received the following message from our friend Daniel at Madman Entertainment ...

Daniel from Madman wrote:Hi Ryan,

Just a short note to let you know our Transformers G1 Complete Collection and Transformers Animated Movie Special Edition are OUT NOW in Australia.

Australian fans should hit the stores as I hear they’re going like the proverbial hotcakes – we’ve got reorders coming in all the time so a good idea to reserve a copy.

Our major prize promotion is also going up today so Australian G1 fans can start making entries to win an Xbox 360, the Transformers game, and a truckload of other stuff. The whole front end of http://www.madman.com.au is being taken over by TRANSFORMERS.

Not to forget http://www.madman.com.au/transformers has quick links to all of our Transformers products and free downloads including (should be up later today) a podcast with a Simon Furman interview.

Cheers!

Daniel Chlebowczyk
Web Sales & Marketing Manager
Madman Entertainment
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Mr.RobotoAutoMan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:37 pm

to bad i dont live in AUS. D:
Mr.RobotoAutoMan
Combiner

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:39 pm

Must get the movie, waited a whole 6 extra months for this edition.
Anyone willing to scan, or at least summarise the comic that comes with the G1 set? I already own all Madman's individual sets, so have no need for the new one.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Robzimus Prime » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:04 am

Just saw them...

The G1 boxset is only $119 at JB Hifi, whereas it's $140 at Ezydvd!
Robzimus Prime
Micromaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Fang Wolf » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:56 am

:/ I wish I didn't already own G1 now. It costed me so much to assemble it and this comes. Dang >_>
Fang Wolf
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:46 pm

The JBHIFI price seems to vary, Ive read reports of it costing $119, $125 and $139 already.

Im impressed, usually these DVDs dont get into the actual stores until about a week after Madman's "official" release date. They really should have released it a fortnight ago so people could watch most of it before seeing the movie tonight.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Ddave » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:54 pm

Hey all, just picked it up then. $119 at JB.

Very nice box set. Cool Tin. Inside there is a cardboard sleeve with a picture of Optimus's chest with the matrix. I dont have a scanner, so I can't give anyone pictures sorry.

The comic,.... Not the greatest. Quite short, and actually quite point less. I'll give a run down if anyone is interested. Nothing special really. Also has the very dorky feel. If it looked more like the actual movie, may have been better, but I didn't like the visuals. Especially of Spike...

The menus are the same as the old Madman, which is a bummer, i was hoping for some new menus. Still very cool on a whole though

Yet to check out the special features, but they sound promising.

The tin is also split into 2 cases. One for before the movie, one after, with nice cover and inside art.

If anyone wants to know more, let me know!
Ddave
Micromaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:51 pm

Ddave wrote:The comic,.... Not the greatest. Quite short, and actually quite point less. I'll give a run down if anyone is interested. Nothing special really. Also has the very dorky feel. If it looked more like the actual movie, may have been better, but I didn't like the visuals. Especially of Spike...

Run down Please! Does it give any information at all?
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Ddave » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:43 am

For anyone who is interested, here is a synopsis of the comic.

The comic is set in 2001, and the decepticons have total controll over cybertron. All the autobots are off fighting for its freedom, and off doing other things except for one robot. Hotrod, who is not very happy to just be waiting on earth, and not fighting. Hotrod has been put on 'guard duty' of what is going to be autobot city. Its just starting to be built. Spike is also in the comic, hanging out with hotrod and helping build the city.

Soundwave then appears being carried around in an autobot truck, and replays some footage of Optimus talking to Ultra Magnus, about how he is going to leave the matrix of leadership on earth hidden in a bunker in the contrustion site of autobot city.

Soundwave goes onto transform, and send out ratbat, overkill, slugfest, beastbox & squawktalk to dig open the bunker (which is only small and buried in the ground)

Hotrod is daydreaming about what Prime and al the other bots must be doing at the time, when Spike see's Soundwave and his cassettes breaking open the bunker, and taking the Matrix.

Hotrod speeds into actions, and ploughs through all the cassettes, transforms, and grabs the matrix. As he grabs it he has a vision of him fighting Galvatron, and falls flat on his face. He is about to get blasted by soundwave when he quickly turns around, and lays into him with his machine guns.

The next windows are 'later', and shows hotrod giving the matrix back to prime. He then tells prime how the matrix 'spoke to him' and prime believes hotrods destiny is greater than he knows.

Kup then goes on to make a remark about how hotrod is just an 'over-revved young punk' who took his eye of the ball.

The comic then finishes with a little "(Not) The End)"

There is then a little self interview with Nick Roche about how his life got involved with transformers, a time line of every transformers (G1 esc) timeline, and then just ads for other madman dvd's and clothes.

Its really not a good story, and just reminds me of something you would see as fanficton. I thought it would be something that had a much greater importance,.. but oh well... At least we got it.

I took some photos on my phone. Enjoy

If theres anything else, let me know.
Attachments
DSC00143.JPG
Hotrod Vs. Galvatron vision
DSC00143.JPG (85.04 KiB) Viewed 4098 times
DSC00142.JPG
Spike.....
DSC00142.JPG (79.17 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
DSC00141.JPG
Comic front cover
DSC00141.JPG (94.89 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
DSC00137.JPG
Optimus's Chest Cardboard insert
DSC00137.JPG (68.22 KiB) Viewed 4095 times
Ddave
Micromaster

Postby CircaNOW73 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:01 pm

Does anyone know if this set is slated to be released in the US or in an NTSC format? I've got all of G1 on my Ipod but I would love to have them on DVD and this set looks incredible. Does it include everything, the Gen 1 Seasons, Armada, Cybertron, R.I.D., Beast Wars, etc....? I gotta get my hands on this. Woo Hoo.
CircaNOW73
Mini-Con

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:20 pm

Its a region 4 only release, but any multi region player can play it. Most DVD players can be easily modified to being multi region players, you need only google the make and model.

It contains all the episodes from the G1 show only. You would need closer to 35 discs for all Transformers series, not the 17 in this set.

Thanks for the info on the comic Ddave, must say I am a little dissapointed in the story, it makes very little sense to me why Prime would remove the matrix and put it in a bunker.

I was hoping there would be more stuff about what happened to our favourite Season 1 and 2 bots.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 APR210679 32B (CA) Burcham (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2019 JUL190687 1B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE ADAPTATION #3 RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2007 3RI (CA) photo 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #17 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221592 17B (CA) Bell"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2RIA"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM893 (CA) Parel + Pham Chuong"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #3 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 DEC200470 3A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #46 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 RI Incentive Variant 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10RI"
TRANSFORMERS #10 R ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON