This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Generations: TRAILCUTTER

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.
Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime") that has actually been released.

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Generations: TRAILCUTTER

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Seibertron.com member Optibotimus has brought us the first in hand review of the upcoming Generations Trailcutter figure. (A.K.A. G1 Trailbreaker)

Trailcutter is expected to be released sometime this summer. Can't wait to get the figure, gotta know more? Check out the review, feel free to join the discussion and give us your thoughts and comments.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, and the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Damn, much more simplstic than I had anticipated.

Shame that his vehicle mode is smaller than Bumblebee's.

Overall, I'm pleased.

So a quick question to Optibotimus: based on the introduction to this video, will there be reviews coming soon of the other figures in the same wave?
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Mkall » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I like the figure a lot. I do not mind the simplicity. Indeed it makes him far more accessible to children and those of us who like to have a figure to fiddle with once in a while. Like others I'm sure, I wish it were slightly larger in both modes, but I'm certainly not going to complain because we finally have ourselves a proper Trailbreaker!

I refuse to call him Trailcutter

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
That was painfully simplistic in terms of transformation. His robot mode looks pretty good for the most part, I was definitely impressed by that. The vehicle mode and the weapon, however... Horrible.

He's ridiculously small, that giant block of plastic mounted on his arm looks crappy, and he's just missing that wow factor for me.

I think I'm gonna pass on this one.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby optibotimus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:06 am

Mindmaster wrote:Damn, much more simplstic than I had anticipated.

Shame that his vehicle mode is smaller than Bumblebee's.

Overall, I'm pleased.

So a quick question to Optibotimus: based on the introduction to this video, will there be reviews coming soon of the other figures in the same wave?

Sorry to disappoint you, but i was only able to get my hands on this guy, for right now at least :P
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Combiner
News Credits: 44

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:11 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Honestly, I didn't expect anything more or less from the robot, transformation, and vehicle modes. And I don't mind a damn thing. I do not display my bots in vehicle mode, simple transformations spare me a headache, and he looks great in robot mode. Absolutely stunning; it shall be my first deluxe thrilling 30 purchase.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Nemesis Destron » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:20 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
All in all its a keeper but once again HasTak managed to put out a good figure with a sh#t weapon. I noticed the front and rear wheels are different...transformation purposes or not they should be the same INMO. :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Sodan-1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:34 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Yeah, it could be bigger but it's still bigger than I was expecting. I'd have liked him to have at least been able to stand optic-to-optic with the larger deluxe Autobots, but at least he's looking down on 'Bee. Design and transformation bother me not at all. Even the lack of a decent weapon is fine by me. Being the forcefield guy, a support role, kinda justifies him not having a weapon.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Venoose1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:39 am

It's just a bit..........boring.
Venoose1
Mini-Con

Postby Down_Shift » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:20 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Other than using the word "accordion" too many times, it really wasn't a bad review.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Mykltron » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:21 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
I'm happy with his tiny vehicle mode - it means he'll look good with my small scale Classics (Windcharger, Deluxe OP, Jetfire, Warpath).

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby mooncake623 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:45 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
looks good. a little short but at least he is not Bee height.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby MagnetarPrime » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:55 am

Motto: "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Carl Sagan"

Hello Optibotimus !!!! I've been watching your reviews on youtube for a while now (user name DeadlyAssassinClan),,, I think they are all great thank you for sharing !!!! I just joined seibertron.com about 2 weeks ago :) glad I did. :grin:

About Trailcutter/Trailbreaker... I think his vehicle mode could have been bigger, maybe as big as RTS Perceptor vehicle mode?
Robot mode is just great, he looks awesome, great colors and a nice new mold,,, I think he should have been made just as big as Jazz but over all it looks great and I can't wait to get him and Orion Pax already.
MagnetarPrime
Minibot
Watch MagnetarPrime on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 am

Arent you a little short for a stormtrooper? :grin:

Looks really good, but the small size, slavish IDW design, and accessories that you can't remove (I'd love to be able to pull off ALL the silver accessories from the truck) — still leave me open to buying a 3rd party, larger, G1 Trailbreaker. Would have loved a Voyager, Hasbro. >:oP

BUT yeah, I do like this set of four. Will definitely pick them all up. Good review and much appreciated comparisons. :APPLAUSE:
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Banjo-Tron » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:32 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Nice review, overall I'm looking forward to adding this to my collection, I can finally retire my legends class stand in!
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:43 am

LOL to the legends class stand-in. :lol:
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Rated X » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:00 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Personally, I love the simple transformation. I could care less about all that puzzle-former mind challenge crap. A little more neo than I prefer, but he will do fine as classics Trailbreaker. Cant wait to see Hoist...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:16 am

Yeah, I like a transformation to be about like this or Sideswipe/Sunstreaker. Not too simple OR complex — interesting and fun to do, but nothing you have to continually consult the instructions to be able to do it.

I actually really like it when there is a consistent feel to a lineup of bots... and the similar arms look really good. The way the wheel rotates around is great.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby MGrotusque » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:17 am

Disappointing.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:23 am

I wonder if he WAS originally larger and with more articulated accessories... and the whole thing got downsized and simplified, like Galvatron.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Solrac333 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:28 am

Down_Shift wrote:Other than using the word "accordion" too many times, it really wasn't a bad review.

Agreed. Him using "accordion" as a verb is just as annoying as Emgo using made up words like "transclearance" and Peaugh filming half his reviews out of frame.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:01 am

Seriously, guys. Try to think of a good synonym for "accordions." :-?
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby optibotimus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:03 am

omega666 wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:Other than using the word "accordion" too many times, it really wasn't a bad review.

Agreed. Him using "accordion" as a verb is just as annoying as Emgo using made up words like "transclearance" and Peaugh filming half his reviews out of frame.

Except that using the word accordion as a verb, isn't something that's "made up" like transclearant, and can be in fact used as a verb.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/accordion
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Combiner
News Credits: 44

Postby shockblast2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
I find it laughable that anyone thinks this version of Trailbreaker fits with a pre 2011 CHUG collection. I new that the size would be a factor from the beginning. Especially when him and Hoist are standing a half a head shorter than Bumblebee. These figures would fit in with a WFC/FOC collection better.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Next

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr E Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230516 5E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #8 Cvr C 1:10 RI IDW Comics OCT231361 8C (CA) Escorza"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #50 Cvr C IDW Comics 2015 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles AUG190779 50C"
TMNT #50 Cvr C IDW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr I 1:15 Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230520 5I (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR THE RETURN #3 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2024 FEB240070 3B (CA) Rahzzah"
NEW!
MMPR THE RETURN #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #113 Cvr B Dark Grid Boom Studios Comics 2023 113B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr N 1:25 Dynamite Comics JUL230291 3N (CA) Henderson"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 NOV221617 5A (CA) Federici"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #143 Cvr D 1:25 RI IDW Comics JUL231253 143D Turtles Ongoing (CA) Sanchez"
TMNT #143 Cvr D 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2024 OCT231363 9A (CA) Myer"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JAN231644 1A (CA) Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #2 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2023 NOV220375 2C (CA) Lattie"
MMPR TMNT II #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #3 Cvr I 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 3I GPK"
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #12 Cvr A IDW Comics 2024 FEB241067 12A (CA) Myer"
NEW!
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON