Hasbro Trademark Rights Upheld in Criminal Case Involving Counterfeit TRANSFORMERS Products in China
December 20, 2018
PAWTUCKET, R.I.—December 20, 2018-- The Chinese court in Dongguan city of Guangdong Province has issued a judgment favorable to Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) in a criminal case involving counterfeit TRANSFORMERS products.
Hasbro initiated an administrative raid action in 2017, which was transferred to the Public Security Bureau (PSB) due to the volume of counterfeit product and seriousness of the case. After a thorough investigation, three separate defendants, including two individuals and one corporate defendant, were found guilty of counterfeiting Hasbro’s trademarks and fined by the court, and the two individuals were sentenced to jail time. Thousands of counterfeit TRANSFORMERS products were confiscated and destroyed.
With strong support from various Chinese authorities, Hasbro has initiated many actions to enforce its intellectual property rights in China, and this is the latest of several criminal judgments involving counterfeit Hasbro products issued by Chinese courts in recent years.
“We take the protection of our intellectual property very seriously, and we will continue to investigate and pursue those who infringe on our rights,” said Tarrant Sibley, Hasbro’s Chief Legal Officer. “We are pleased with the ruling in this case, and will continue to vigorously enforce our intellectual property rights to combat the manufacturing and distribution of counterfeit products.”
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through its entertainment labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 5 on the 2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past seven years. Learn more at http://www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
Here is how you can do to get a refund without shipping back the KO figure:
1) When receive your figure, click return.
2) Fill in reason as "KO" or "not authentic".
3) Take pictures of your KO figure. There are 2 places you can easily see that are proves of KO. 3.1) The "POLICE" print was misprinted on the trunk while it should be on the spoiler. This could have been fixed but you will still see marks on trunk. 3.2) In the crotch there are 2 C shaped parts that you won't see the opening, while on official figures you will. Basically KO put these parts on the wrong direction.
4) Do not ship it back, as it is illegal to ship inauthentic items. Wait a few days and ask Ebay to step in (there is a button for it).
5) An Ebay employee will be assigned to your case and usually they will ask you to DESTROY the figure and sign something to prove you did it. Then they will refund you at sellers cost.
News Categories: View All Categories, Toy News, Movie Related News, Comic Book News, Cartoon News, Site News, Rumors, Event News, Digital Media News, Collectables, Game News, Sponsor News, Site Articles, Store News, Company News, People News, Press Releases, Sightings, Reviews, Unlicensed Products News, Auctions, Transtopia, Interviews, Knock Offs, Editorials, Collector's Club News, Heavy Metal War, Podcast, Contests, Book News, Top Lists