Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release

Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release

Thursday, October 20th, 2016 8:25am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 29,702

Those who are still waiting for Takara to show us their version of Liokaiser might have to wait a bit longer (or maybe longer than that) since Takara's next Combiner in their Unite Warriors line is none other than Baldigus, a Bruticus repaint, known as Runation in the west.

While his silhouette is teased on Takaratomymall, he will be fully revealed the 25th of October. The picture's file name is Baldigus, confirming the identity of this release. We do not know if there will be any retooling involved. A silfouette of the individual members was found in the Megatronia comic, also shown below.

Transformers News: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release

Transformers News: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release

Credit(s): takara tomy mall

Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834907)
Posted by PeterPrime on October 20th, 2016 @ 8:29am CDT
Well, there is my first Unite Warriors purchase. Thank you :TAKARATOMY:
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834910)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on October 20th, 2016 @ 8:33am CDT
Well this'll certainly be interesting. Let's hope it looks good...but, considering it's Takara, I'm sure it'll be awesome.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834913)
Posted by nycPrime on October 20th, 2016 @ 8:39am CDT
I'm bummed since I'm one of those waiting for Takara's take on Liokaiser.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834920)
Posted by Terrsolpix on October 20th, 2016 @ 8:59am CDT
Probably my last chance to get a four bladed Vortex.....
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834923)
Posted by o.supreme on October 20th, 2016 @ 9:08am CDT
PeterPrime wrote:Well, there is my first Unite Warriors purchase. Thank you :TAKARATOMY:

This might...actually be my first pass. I've purchased/plan on purchasing all the UW sets up until now because IMO they are either superior to CW, or offer something unique (well one could argue that Superion & Menasor are pretty much the same aside from the paint apps). But all the others have been different in some way. I have/enjoy UW Bruticus. If this is a straight up repaint I'll be a bit disappointed. They have to offer something different I would think/hope. Also, Baldigus had nothing to do with Unicron previously..., not sure how this all makes sense.

So we get the full reveal on the 25th...Lynx Master is supposed to come out on the 29th...Hopefully soon we'll be getting a close up of the packaging.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834926)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 20th, 2016 @ 9:15am CDT
No love for the Battle Gear colors :(
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834938)
Posted by Kurona on October 20th, 2016 @ 9:48am CDT
What's odd to me is that they have Movor on the arm even though in the cartoon he was also commonly shown as a leg - which is also a good way to differentiate him from Bruticus.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834950)
Posted by RiddlerJ on October 20th, 2016 @ 10:43am CDT

Optimus Prime - Hot Spot mold
Side Burn - Dead End mold
Prowl - Breakdown mold
Skid-Z - Dragstrip mold
X-Brawn - First Aid Mold
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834952)
Posted by kurthy on October 20th, 2016 @ 10:47am CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:Probably my last chance to get a four bladed Vortex.....

I don't know if it's worth it. It only looks good in alt mode (where it is awesome :michaelbay: ). In every other mode, it just makes everything a mess. The helicopter blades are my least favorite thing about the AB mold and four blades makes it worse.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834953)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2016 @ 10:53am CDT
Kurona wrote:What's odd to me is that they have Movor on the arm even though in the cartoon he was also commonly shown as a leg
That's not entirely true.

Back when I was putting this together, I determined that Ruination/Baldigus formed his Flight Mission formation exactly nine times in RiD 2001 (eight times in Car Robots since one of the times in the dub was added to the dub). Meanwhile, his Land Mission formation was formed a mere seven times in RiD 2001 (six times in Car Robots since one of the times in the dub was in one of the dub's clip shows). So he was seen in his Flight Mission a little more often than his Land Mission.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834954)
Posted by Grahf_ on October 20th, 2016 @ 11:06am CDT
kurthy wrote:
Terrsolpix wrote:Probably my last chance to get a four bladed Vortex.....

I agree, they are the worst part of that mold and having four doesn't make things any better. They get in the way and really don't position well at all. They really should've redesigned the rotor completely instead of just adding two more blades using the exact same design.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834955)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2016 @ 11:12am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:If they're doing Baldigus/Ruination, they should really do an Autobot RID combiner too.

Optimus Prime - Hot Spot mold
Side Burn - Dead End mold
Prowl - Breakdown mold
Skid-Z - Dragstrip mold
X-Brawn - First Aid Mold
Any combiner using the Autobot Brothers as limbs ought to, IMHO, have Tow-Line as the fourth limb since, in Car Robots, he is their cousin, part of their family.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834958)
Posted by leokearon on October 20th, 2016 @ 11:30am CDT
leokearon-s-digibashes-t105245s25.php#p1785312

leokearon-s-digibashes-t105245.php#p1779232

My Digibashes I did of Ruination and RID Autobot Combiners
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834962)
Posted by mblase75 on October 20th, 2016 @ 11:32am CDT

Optimus Prime - Hot Spot mold
Side Burn - Dead End mold
Prowl - Breakdown mold
Skid-Z - Dragstrip mold
X-Brawn - First Aid Mold

First, I wanna see Devastator repainted as Landfill.

Yeah, I know it's a poor match in combined mode -- but in addition to the CR Build Team, we've got G1 Targetmasters Quickmix and Scoop we could throw in to the set, giving each Constructicon an Autobot repaint:

Hook -> Hightower
Scavenger -> Grimlock (needs a new name)
Long Haul -> Heavyload
Bonecrusher -> Wedge
Mixmaster -> Quickmix
Scrapper -> Scoop

That last one alone would make it a big seller among IDW fans.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834964)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2016 @ 11:37am CDT
mblase75 wrote:Scavenger -> Grimlock (needs a new name)
New name could be Buckethead.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834965)
Posted by o.supreme on October 20th, 2016 @ 11:46am CDT
couple of things..first off. If TT did any other Combiners, they would be based off of Japanese characters, so even if say...they did a CR team, or Buildmaster, they would have all the Japanese names. I seriously doubt they would remold Devastator into Buildmaster as it would not be accurate to the animated series. The same reason why I seriously doubt they will be doing LioKaiser (at least not Hasbro's version). They may totally shock and surprise us with some new molds, but considering all the effort TT took to design just two unique molds of their own...I don't know how they would do a whole new combiner. Still...it would be awesome.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834972)
Posted by Kurona on October 20th, 2016 @ 12:13pm CDT
If they were to make a new Liokaiser torso with Jallguar and Leozack - which, to me, seems unlikely - I can still see them using the limbs from Hasbro Liokaiser. They were done fine.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834974)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2016 @ 12:17pm CDT
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834976)
Posted by o.supreme on October 20th, 2016 @ 12:35pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:In light of this supposed UW Baldigus news, may I ask how many of ya'll here are fans of the RiD 2001 cartoon?

I'm more of a fan of the original Car Robots. After the HUGE disappointment that was Beast Machines, when I saw the design of the new toys in Japan, going back to vehicles,(at least for the Cybertrons) I was excited for Transformers again. Of course I had no idea that the anime would actually get dubbed in the U.S. (since the other series had never received an official release), so I was all in for Car Robots. I remember at BC 2000 in Ft Wayne trading my exclusive Apelinq & Shockaract for JRX & Baldigus sets (to me it was totaly worth it). I even got a VHS bootleg of the first 4 episodes, and was able to find (though primitive at the time), a streaming service where I could watch Car Robots episodes shortly after they aired in Japan. Of course when it was announced that CR would be dubbed in the U.S. as "Robots in Disguise" I was a bit skeptical. Of course it had its issues...but it was serviceable. To this day however I really enjoy watching Car Robots, and the toy line was excellent. unfortunately the next year when Armada came out, though the toy line had some memorable entries, the series was crap, and it would be another eight years before I could be excited about transformers on TV again.
Re: Baldigus Confirmed as Next Takara Unite Warriors Release (1834978)
Posted by Kurona on October 20th, 2016 @ 12:40pm CDT
I tried to watch it and it bored me to death.
Twice.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars 2015 CW Computron 6 in 1 Used All in Box Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY
Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars 2015 CW Computron 6 in 1 Mint in box Brand NEW" on EBAY
Buy "transformers takara unite warriors computron, loose, 100%" on EBAY