BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar

BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar

Sunday, June 21st, 2015 12:24pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 45,811

Transformers News: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar

Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701498)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on June 21st, 2015 @ 12:33pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701499)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on June 21st, 2015 @ 12:36pm CDT
Va'al wrote:And another addition to yesterday's gallery showcasing all the Hasbro products on display at BotCon 2015 sees the Legends class Groove repurposing in the Combiner Wars line into Wreck-Gar! Check it out in robot mode below, and click on any of the images to revisit the full Generations Combiner Wars gallery.

Groove'll probably also be repurposed into technobot Afterburner too!
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701500)
Posted by Mkall on June 21st, 2015 @ 12:38pm CDT
Sorry Hasbro, I'm calling you out on this one.

This could have been the perfect chance to give us a Bulletbike or Override homage, but instead you make a crappy version of a toy/figure/character when there was already a pretty much perfect Wreck-Gar out there.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701501)
Posted by AdultCollector on June 21st, 2015 @ 12:39pm CDT

* Voyager Devastator/Constructicons
* Voyager Scourge
* Voyager or Leader Galvatron
* Voyager Sharkticon
* Voyager Cyclonus
* Voyager Megatron
* Voyager or Leader Shockwave
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701503)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 21st, 2015 @ 12:41pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Sorry Hasbro, I'm calling you out on this one.

This could have been the perfect chance to give us a Bulletbike or Override homage, but instead you make a crappy version of a toy/figure/character that was pretty much a perfect Wreck-Gar.

TakaraTomy will be releasing Legends Groove as Adventure Override, but we don't know the colors yet.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701505)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 21st, 2015 @ 12:44pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:So far all I'm seeing are tons of photos from Botcon!(not that that's a bad thing mind), but are there no YouTube videos from it available yet?

Soon...
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701506)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on June 21st, 2015 @ 12:45pm CDT

What scale?

Well I'm assuming that they'll be anything from CW Devastator upwards! to Generations Metroplex! at least I'm hoping that Fort Max is at least Gen Plex sized
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701507)
Posted by Starsaber468 on June 21st, 2015 @ 12:47pm CDT
AdultCollector wrote:Anyone else bummed we didn't see any ____? How long until we find out what scale Titan Wars figures will be? Any chance we can get G1 style guns for existing and future CW/TW figures other than Takara Devastator? Which are better for a new collector who loves G1, the new Jetfire mold seekers? Should I hold out for Voyager dinobots, or invest in the new third party voyager/classics scale dino combiners from Toyworld (Corelock, etc.)?

* Voyager Devastator/Constructicons
* Voyager Scourge
* Voyager or Leader Galvatron
* Voyager Sharkticon
* Voyager Cyclonus
* Voyager Megatron
* Voyager or Leader Shockwave

I'm not disappointed at all because we already got great molds of those figures ,so we don't really need new molds for those characters but iys most unlikely we will get new guns for devastator so u should go the takara route for that and probably for titan wars most of the figures won't be titan class due to many reasons though ,and for the dinobots u probably shouldn't just wait ti get dinobots it will happen eventually
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701509)
Posted by Starsaber468 on June 21st, 2015 @ 12:50pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:

What scale?

I am pretty sure that most of titan wars figures wouldn't be titan class (i am presicting this statement could be wrong) but the reason i say that it because if most of them were titan class we wouldn't have a real spot for them in our collection plus the cost would be an issue :/
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701514)
Posted by Randomhero on June 21st, 2015 @ 1:00pm CDT
AdultCollector wrote:Anyone else bummed we didn't see any ____? How long until we find out what scale Titan Wars figures will be? Any chance we can get G1 style guns for existing and future CW/TW figures other than Takara Devastator? Which seekers look better displayed with other masterpiece scale figures, the new Jetfire mold seekers? Should I hold out for Hasbro voyager class dinobots, or invest in the new third party voyager/classics scale dino combiners from Toyworld (Corelock, etc.)?

* Voyager Devastator/Constructicons
* Voyager Scourge
* Voyager or Leader Galvatron
* Voyager Sharkticon
* Voyager Cyclonus
* Voyager Megatron
* Voyager or Leader Shockwave

SDCC, thats what they did last year. they hinted at Combiners at botcon then waited till SDCC for the big reveal on CW
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701515)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on June 21st, 2015 @ 1:00pm CDT
Starsaber468 wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:

What scale?

Very true....but in Devastators case....the figures that make up Dev...are all Voyager Class! well...apart from Long Haul...who's almost touching the Leader Class end of the Voyager scale.

+ I just hope that Fort Max doesn't turn out to be a heavy retool of Gen Plex! that's my worry....or even if deluxes & voyagers combine to FORM a Fort Max....that's my worry too
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701518)
Posted by AdultCollector on June 21st, 2015 @ 1:08pm CDT
Also, why did we get a leader class Megatron that towers over the flat-chested combiner Optimus Prime, but doesn't really fit in with masterpiece figures? Can we expect to be offered a leader class Optimus that displays well with the tank Megatron?

We're still in need of a Generations scale insecticon Kickback figure to display with the other two.

I agree we'll likely get an assortment of different scaled figures in Titan Wars as we did in Combiner Wars.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701519)
Posted by Cliff Jumper on June 21st, 2015 @ 1:09pm CDT
Awesomeness! One thing I want soooo bad is for Offroad to be repainted and slight remold of the head into Mircomaster Greasepit and Mudslinger. Come on Hasbro!!
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701526)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 21st, 2015 @ 1:19pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701529)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on June 21st, 2015 @ 1:31pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I don't think they would go crazy on voyagers either though. Remember devy is sold as a boxset. I doubt he will ever be sold individually

He might be! There's nothing to suggest that that's out of the question! remember....FOC Bruticus! he was sold as a box set AND individually at TRU(that's where I picked mine up from) & they were individually sold, but we just don't know yet! & at places like Comicons & online toy stores....YES you'll definitely have the option of buying him as a box set.

just don't know how TRU are going to be selling those yet as.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701532)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 21st, 2015 @ 1:37pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:

just don't know how TRU are going to be selling those yet as.

That's not really how it works: The FoC Combaticons were meant from the start to be sold individually. The CW Constructicons are not, as they're in a set all the time, even in general retail. Besides, there's no room for the individuals in the main line, as there's a limited number of slots per size class per year. For 2015 it's:

11 Legends
16 Deluxes
6 Voyagers

I'm expecting the same for 2016.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701536)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 21st, 2015 @ 1:43pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:Why would you keep sky lynx combined thats just the add-on not its main person 99% of people aill want to keep him in robot or vehicle mode not combined mode

Because the combined mode looks epic, like no other combiner really; a giant robot with a lion-like head, that has the distinct stink of Liokaiser about it :-?

I would really prefer the ability to have two seperate robot animals for Skylynx, but I will say that it is certainly one of the most fun new designs in the Transformers brand now. Very Yusha, very Japanese. Makes me want to have this toy feature in an animated feature to let it have fun. Weapons look like they form a double bladed sword for combined mode. I'm not a fan of the chosen limb robots, personally would have been more excited to see some stuff that better matched the colour scheme and had a more japanese vibe carried over as well. I'm a little disappointed that he sacrifices my favourite gimmick of his design for a combiner mode, but at least the kept him equally as fun and silly an idea as Skylynx really is. I'll likely buy this if I see it in person and I'm hopefully to see what Takara does with this. Betcha oodles of Chrome and maybe a different team.?

I understand that that would have been fufilling,but having seen the split modes, the cat mode looked weak and the scrawny bird legs were never desirable aesthetically to me. I like that they managed to 'repurpose' the cat mode for the combined mode, feels like a nice easter egg, instead of just discarding it completely.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701538)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on June 21st, 2015 @ 1:44pm CDT
I'm actually close to being impressed.
Still not pleased with what they pulled on the Fan Combiner but at least now I can start over with the building of my G1 tribute characters since they appear to be releasing quite a few of the characters that I missed out on in their first go-round in Generations. What with the selection of Legends figures over the past year or two making up the mini-car line up and now the upcoming figures, they should make for quite the display. It just sucks that there will be more repaints and re-tools than the first 5 years of G1 put together. Very cheap and lazy on the part of Hasbro and it will ruin the look of a great many of these figures and probably discourage me from getting some of them.

Great job on the Shockwave figure. I'm a little disappointed that he's so small but I realize that it is quite necessary to keep him in scale with the Combiners so it is actually a brilliant thing they have done when looked at in that respect.
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701540)
Posted by Starsaber468 on June 21st, 2015 @ 1:46pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

The combined wasn't really epic but we don't know if he splits yet plus you can probably still flip out the head while sky lynx is in his normal form from what it seems
Re: BotCon 2015 Coverage - Transformers Combiner Wars Gallery Addendum: Wreck-Gar (1701544)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 21st, 2015 @ 1:50pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Just doesn't make sense for a lot of those Autobots who already have far superior figures that aren't crippled by having to be combiner form and using someone else's mold. Do I want a little Wreck Gar that barely looks like the character at all or do I want that actually pretty cool Deluxe figure from a few years back that does a fantastic job in updating him? Hasbro you really have gone a bit too combiner-happy with all this. Stop it.

I'm still a bit tempted by Sky Lynx but is he really lacking the splitting apart feature of the original despite many parts of each mode (including both heads) being present? If so I'm wondering if there are ways to customise that. And would it have been a feature if he hadn't been made into a Combiner?

You mean, apart from the fact that they came out ages ago and can only be gotten through alternative methods, or through expensive TT re-releases?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon #5 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Tentakill Tomy Takara Piranacon Seacon #6" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Galvatron Vector Prime + Mini-cons Payload Ascent" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY