Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest!

Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest!

Tuesday, April 1st, 2008 8:44pm CDT

Categories: Event News, People News
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 12,179

Botcon.com has once again been updated, and it is NOT an April Fools joke. The voice of Sari from Transformers: Animated, Tara Strong, will be in attendance this year accompanying other Animated voices such as Bumper Robinson and David Kaye.

Click here to see the official announcement.

Credit(s): Botcon.com

Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670368)
Posted by DevastaTTor on April 1st, 2008 @ 8:58pm CDT
Booooooooing!
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670405)
Posted by TheMuffin on April 1st, 2008 @ 9:35pm CDT
I call front row!
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670436)
Posted by UltraPrimal on April 1st, 2008 @ 9:52pm CDT
Tara Strong. Sounds like a superhero name.

Looks like they're trying to get the whole cast. I hope they do. This would make for a great BotCon is they get everyone.
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670716)
Posted by First-Aid on April 2nd, 2008 @ 12:19am CDT
Damn....I SOOOOOOO wsh I could go now...but I'm having minor surgery next week and will be incapacitated for a few weeks. PLus I'm broke... :sad:
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670800)
Posted by DevastaTTor on April 2nd, 2008 @ 7:08am CDT
Iron-Man wrote:I call front row!

I call her lap!
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670885)
Posted by Cheetron on April 2nd, 2008 @ 11:01am CDT
Wait a minute. Wasn't she Ben 10 himself? And The Powerpuff girls Bubbles? And if I remember right she did some voices for that Drawn Together show on Comedy Central.

Shouldn't special guests have done something more for Transformers than to do than be a voice for one show?
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670892)
Posted by TheMuffin on April 2nd, 2008 @ 11:14am CDT
3 out of the 4 guests are voice actors from Animated. Simple as that. Now if only they could get Corey Burton and Tom Kenny as well.
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670907)
Posted by First Gen on April 2nd, 2008 @ 11:40am CDT
Thats one Q and A I wont be attending.
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670933)
Posted by Defcon! on April 2nd, 2008 @ 12:22pm CDT
Very cool! :D
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670938)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 2nd, 2008 @ 12:29pm CDT
She's gorgeous. She's the only reason I'd attend BotCon.

....almost.
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670966)
Posted by Hard Hacker on April 2nd, 2008 @ 1:07pm CDT
Cheetron wrote:.Other than being the dumbest character on animated, (I'm tired of Sari learning her lesson one episode and completely going back to being reckless with that key by the next one) why is she here as the special guest?

She also does Teletran 1 (Yes, one a), and Daniel. One's useful and homages G1, the other's Daniel.

I also see lots of people stalking her in this topic. How... odd. She's married anyway.
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670976)
Posted by Zeds on April 2nd, 2008 @ 1:37pm CDT
DAMN :shock:
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670977)
Posted by TheMuffin on April 2nd, 2008 @ 1:42pm CDT
Hard Hacker wrote:

Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (670982)
Posted by Zeds on April 2nd, 2008 @ 1:48pm CDT
Iron-Man wrote:How does thinking someone is cute translate into being a stalker? Shit man, I want to be in the front row so I can hopefully ask a question or two and still be able to hear what she says.

I second that opinion and then some!
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (671166)
Posted by Hard Hacker on April 2nd, 2008 @ 5:26pm CDT

That annoys me on Youtube videos, not being able to hear. Given the drab quality of Youtube files in any case (Knocking sound off sync, having it recorded on a camera phone, ect), those able to attend are really able to rub it in the faces of those who can't go.

Also, now that I've got the reaction I wanted I can stop saying that and now say this.

Eh, she's good.
Re: Botcon Update: Tara Strong to be special guest! (671423)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 3rd, 2008 @ 12:50am CDT
I agree with wanting to be in the front row for this panel. Yes, she is very attractive, but it would be quite a privlege to hear a voice actor who has done such a broad range of characters. It is interesting to hear just how much (or how little) of the persons every day manner of speech comes through in the characters they voice, and unless the microphones are tweaked properly, only those in the first few rows really get that sense. Now, whether or not any male in the first few rows actually pulls his wits together long enough to pay attention to such things with Tara there will remain to be seen. (at my age I could actually pull that off, a thought which even now still boggles my mind. Getting older really sucks)

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Bumblebee First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 25th Transformers SDCC SOUNDWAVE & BLASTER Backpack 6 Cassettes 2012 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers NEW * Voyager Sandstorm * Generations Selects Exclusive WFC-GS21" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Grimlock MISB 2012" on EBAY