Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks

Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks

Wednesday, May 19th, 2021 9:18pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 35,468

While we have a good idea of what the rest of 2021 has to offer in terms of Studio Series toys, we never know which toys may get repacked. This is very important for people who have had local retailers skip the first wave of 2021. Those toys were produced at the worst part of the pandemic for manufacturing so Hasbro probably preemptively decided those toys would be repacked and indeed they are. So below you will see a breakdown of the next two waves yet to be on shelves this year, with case assortments and which toys are getting repacked. All of this is of course tentative and not yet confirmed by an actual retailer listing like Entertainment Earth. But our source, JTPrime17 has been very reliable in the past.

Wave 13: release 8/1/2021

2x 86 Kup (repack)
1x TF6 B-127 (repack)
2x 86 Blurr (repack)

Voyagers:
2x 86 Sweep
1x 86 Wreck Gar (repack)

Nemesis Primal did the math on our boards and reasoned that this is a very similar output to the previous 3 years of the Studio Series line (yes, this is the line's 4th year!)

Year 1: 11 Deluxes, 6 Voyagers, & 2 Leaders across 4 waves
Year 2: 11 Deluxes, 6 Voyagers, & 3 Leaders across 3 waves
Year 3: 10 Deluxes, 6 Voyagers, & 3 Leaders across 3 waves
Year 4 (this year): 9 Deluxes, 6 Voyagers, & 3 Leaders across 4 waves

Transformers News: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks

Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2104973)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 19th, 2021 @ 9:45pm CDT
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2104974)
Posted by Seibertron on May 19th, 2021 @ 9:53pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Why is Wreck-Gar, a main character of the 86 Movie, packed once in each case he comes in, and Bee Movie Thrust, who had a scant literal few SECONDS of screen time (and no speaking lines) is packed two to a case?? Especially when the Bee Movie Starscream mold is clogging shelves anywhere I find him?? :BANG_HEAD:

Probably just character recognition with kids. Wreck-Gar hasn't had a lot of fictional appearances outside of G1 and Animated. The good news is that solid cases of all of these figures are usually available to order. I'll probably order heavily on Wreck-Gar initially for the Seibertron Store if this case assortment stands.
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2104982)
Posted by jtanimator on May 20th, 2021 @ 12:05am CDT
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2104984)
Posted by X3ROhour on May 20th, 2021 @ 3:05am CDT
Studio 86
GNAW

?

That's gotta be bigger than the other Gnaw we got back in Titans Returns, right?
That Gnaw was cool, but way too small for a deluxe price point.

HasTak might have been able pull those shenanigans with Cliff, Bee & Hubcap, but those guys have fan following.
Maybe if they give you 2 or 3 per pack... :-? ?
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2104985)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 20th, 2021 @ 4:48am CDT
X3ROhour wrote:Studio 86
GNAW

?

That Gnaw was cool, but way too small for a deluxe price point.

Maybe if they give you 2 or 3 per pack... :-? ?

It's a new mould of Gnaw scaled to match the other SS86 guys
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2104986)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 20th, 2021 @ 4:54am CDT
jtanimator wrote:I feel like we're breaking records with how many old molds and repack figures they can packed into 1 wave. Wave 14 Deluxes get 3 whopping repacks and 1 remold (assuming sideswipe takes mold from his last SS figure, which he will). That's incredibly sad, especially since we're still waiting for some major characters like Wheeljack (Dotm), Sideways, Skids & Mudflap, Devcons, The Fallen, and SO many more. I'm starting to genuinely wonder what's going on at the Hastak Headquarters with the lack of attention to SS.

Well, for once I'm really, REALLY happy for all those repacks. Because the SS86 deluxes never ever shown themselves at my local stores. Heck, anything have barely shown at all! As if only Cyberverse mattered.

Now that things are finally picking up again, maybe, just maybe, my local Walmart and Toys R Us will bother ordering those waves so I can finally buy them at normal retain price without having to pay scalper and shipping fees.
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2104988)
Posted by william-james88 on May 20th, 2021 @ 6:00am CDT
jtanimator wrote:Especially since we're still waiting for some major characters like Wheeljack (Dotm), Sideways, Skids & Mudflap, Devcons

Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2104995)
Posted by Dark Megatron on May 20th, 2021 @ 8:09am CDT
Nice to see that Gnaw and Sweeps will be double packed, for all of us troop builders
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2104996)
Posted by millerkira on May 20th, 2021 @ 8:20am CDT
Bumblebee is cool!!!
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2105008)
Posted by LinaNui on May 20th, 2021 @ 9:33am CDT
Wow this year has sucked for Bayverse TFs. Only 5 figures with two being repaints (BB and Grindor) and another being a possible retool (TF2 sideswipe). Hopefully next year will be back to normal (but the leaks are not looking good) with G1 getting back to the mainline. I doubt this though since the mainline is going to actually include multiple generations of TFs and there won't be enough room for G1 there. There is maybe a years worth of Bayverse left, I wish they would just finish it.

On another note, with Artfire being revealed this week. It has got me worried about what is going to be shown for the Friday event. I know they have said that SS would be shown off in may, but I would not put it past them to forget about that and just reveal more in kingdom, selects, or more G1related stuff. Hopefully I am wrong here.
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2105009)
Posted by jtanimator on May 20th, 2021 @ 9:33am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Not sure why that needed corrected when my point was still pretty clear and generally agreed upon lol. But I guess let me correct myself; “especially when we’re waiting on some *anticipated fan favorites* like...”
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2105011)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 20th, 2021 @ 9:39am CDT
jtanimator wrote:

The joke is that RoTF Skids and Mudflap are generally hated by the fandom. You should be ashamed to like such vile characters. [-(

That said, gimme A voyager icecream twins two pack and the regular deluxes of them already!
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2105019)
Posted by o.supreme on May 20th, 2021 @ 10:09am CDT
Based on an initial count, It seems that there are at least 50 more characters just from movies 1-5 that still haven't been released. I would think the line is far from done. Of course if Hasbro only goes for characters with dialogue, or doesn't have the ingenuity/desire to make some characters , then I guess it could end sooner. But if they are going to do every minor character from BB, and adding in SS86, plus the fact that a 7th film will be out in the next 2 years, this line has a potentially very long lifespan.
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2105023)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 20th, 2021 @ 10:29am CDT
Plus, I wouldn't call Sideways a fan-favourite or major character
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2105025)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on May 20th, 2021 @ 10:52am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Plus, I wouldn't call Sideways a fan-favourite or major character

I’m actually super excited for an SS Sideways in the future. He doesn’t do much in the movie, but he’s one of the main playable characters in the ROTF video games and even makes a brief appearance in the ride at Universal.
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2105031)
Posted by Overcracker on May 20th, 2021 @ 11:32am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

I'd like a Sideways if they manage to get a fully licensed Audi R8 alt mode. For some reason the original movie toys were not actually licensed R8s, just close approximations.

Much like Porsche, and coincidentally owned by the same parent company, Audi has not allowed the usage of their fully licensed cars for TF toys for some reason.
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2105035)
Posted by jtanimator on May 20th, 2021 @ 11:53am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
jtanimator wrote:

I still stand by them being fan-favorites for many people out there. Based on my experience in the fandom there's actually a lot of people who like those characters and are very nostalgic for them, and most certainly want SS representations of them, but they just don't usually speak out in fear of being insulted or labeled as "vile" or "racist" lol.
As for as Sidways is concerned, I never cared for his design much, but I know I've seen a lot of posts asking for him. Maybe I'm just scarred from how floppy and fiddly his ROTF figure was lol. 9 year old me couldn't handle it :-( :-(
Anyways, With a SS Devestator, I totally need an accompanying 2 pack of those twins to complete the display. Maybe I can get some sort of Diorama Pyramid to put them next to in my display room.
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2105036)
Posted by Spider5800 on May 20th, 2021 @ 11:56am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

And this is why I'm not particularly excited for the SS version. It's a re-mold of Dino, another character they couldn't get the rights to the car mode of. I'm not expecting Sideways to be any different. Which is too bad, because he's in car mode more than bot mode in the movie. It's the only notable thing about him :-P
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2105044)
Posted by william-james88 on May 20th, 2021 @ 2:00pm CDT

Lol none of them are. Calling them major is pretty funny especially since we Sideways' robot mode was onscreen for literally 1 second and not even fully transformed. Plus Decvon is the definition of underutilized design. And the twins are hated by the fanbase so much that they never reappeared and Hasbro has been very squirrely about ever mentioning them again. So yeah, that was a pretty funny statement.
Re: Breakdown Remaining Studio Series Releases in 2021 Including SS86 Repacks (2105052)
Posted by o.supreme on May 20th, 2021 @ 3:04pm CDT
Looks like official Product descriptions have come out for a few of the upcoming releases:

Studio Series SS-86-08 Deluxe Class Gnaw – Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco, is highly articulated for posability and comes with blaster and tail mace accessories. Features translucent eyes and articulated jaw and arms.

Studio Series SS-75 Deluxe Class Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Jolt – Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco, is highly articulated for posability, and comes with 2 electro whip accessories.

Studio Series SS-86-07 Leader Class Dinobot Slug – Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco, is highly articulated for posability and comes with a blaster accessory. Includes non-converting Daniel Witwicky figure that can sit on Dinobot Slug figure in both modes

Studio Series SS-73 Leader Class Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Grindor and Ravage – Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco, is highly articulated for posability and comes with a shoulder blade accessory that also attaches to forearms in robot mode. Includes non-converting Ravage figure.

Just a couple random questions as I like to follow news about SS, but I don't actually collect them:

1. There hasn't been any SS version of Frenzy correct? I think he is the only movie 1 character not to have a toy. Should have came with Barricade, but that's just my opinion.

2. Are there any plans for a release of SS74 that has regular SS packaging, and not Buzzworthy packaging?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War 4 Cybertron Kingdom Voyager WFC-K27 Rhinox IN HAND" on EBAY