Can you help with missing gallery images?

Can you help with missing gallery images?

Thursday, October 9th, 2008 11:27am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 54,854

Hey everyone,

I'm missing pictures from 43 galleries that were posted between July 4th, 2007 and August 18th, 2007. If you're one of those people that like to download all of the images from my galleries, I'd love to talk to you to see if you have some of the images I'm missing. The images that I'm looking for are the larger ones that are at least 750 pixels wide. I can generate the 500 pixel and 100 pixel wide images from the full size images. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a list of the galleries of which I do not have backups:

Botcon 2007 exclusives

Hydra (Masterforce)
Buster (Masterforce)
Hydra (Masterforce)
Deszaras (Victory)

Transformers Movie
------------------------------------------------------------
Battle Blade Starscream (Fast Action Battler)
Ion Blast Jazz (Fast Action Battler)
Double Missile Brawl (Fast Action Battler)
Cannon Blast Ironhide (Fast Action Battler)
Power Hook Optimus Prime (Fast Action Battler)
Axe Attack Ratchet (Fast Action Battler)
Dreadwing (Deluxe)
Bumblebee (Concept Camaro)
Arcee (Deluxe)
Brawl (Leader class)

Miscellaneous
------------------------------------------------------------
Soundwave (Spark Blue) - Music Label
Soundwave (White) - Music Label
Ramulus (Green version borrowed from Hartmans) - Beast Wars Transformers
Rodimus - Transformers: Alternators
Menasor Titanium Series

This article was last modified on Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008 4:23pm CDT

Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (807886)
Posted by mattyc1007 on October 9th, 2008 @ 11:49am CDT
how'd you loose them was it that decepticon of a flood?
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (807902)
Posted by Seibertron on October 9th, 2008 @ 12:00pm CDT
mattyc1007 wrote:how'd you loose them was it that decepticon of a flood?

It was a completely unrelated situation. The server, which is hosted by a company called ThePlanet in Houston, crashed the same weekend that I was dealing with the massive flooding in Chicago last month. Talk about when it rains it pours! Let's just say that was not one of my favorite weekends last month.

I've been in the process of restoring the images on the site for the past few weeks but I do not have backups of the galleries listed above. Either I'll need to redo those galleries or we'll be without them for a little while. I'd prefer to restore them from backups that some users might have made. I've been told by some people that they keep copies of all of the images I post.

Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (807904)
Posted by Skowl on October 9th, 2008 @ 12:01pm CDT
I've got most of these from the TF Movie:

Dreadwing (Deluxe)
Bumblebee (Concept Camaro)
Arcee (Deluxe)
Brawl (Leader class)

I'll email them to you when I get home from work tonight.
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (807910)
Posted by mattyc1007 on October 9th, 2008 @ 12:05pm CDT
tut tut tut

skowl on seibertron while at work?

(i dont know what you do, but still at work?) :mrgreen:
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (807913)
Posted by Seibertron on October 9th, 2008 @ 12:07pm CDT
Skowl wrote:I've got most of these from the TF Movie:

Dreadwing (Deluxe)
Bumblebee (Concept Camaro)
Arcee (Deluxe)
Brawl (Leader class)

I'll email them to you when I get home from work tonight.

Please tell me you have the full galleries :) That would be truly awesome!
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (807930)
Posted by Skowl on October 9th, 2008 @ 12:30pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Skowl wrote:I've got most of these from the TF Movie:

Dreadwing (Deluxe)
Bumblebee (Concept Camaro)
Arcee (Deluxe)
Brawl (Leader class)

I'll email them to you when I get home from work tonight.

Please tell me you have the full galleries :) That would be truly awesome!

I don't have the full galleries, but I do have a large number of the pics.

mattyc1007 wrote:tut tut tut

skowl on seibertron while at work?

(i dont know what you do, but still at work?) :mrgreen:

I'm not at work right now.

No computers where I work anyway.
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (807944)
Posted by capellamusic on October 9th, 2008 @ 12:42pm CDT
I had a few galleries completely downloaded, but not sure which ones (but only G1 and Masterpieces) and I have to check at home... If I have I'll contact you.
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (807956)
Posted by Seibertron on October 9th, 2008 @ 12:49pm CDT
Skowl wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Skowl wrote:I've got most of these from the TF Movie:

Dreadwing (Deluxe)
Bumblebee (Concept Camaro)
Arcee (Deluxe)
Brawl (Leader class)

I'll email them to you when I get home from work tonight.

Please tell me you have the full galleries :) That would be truly awesome!

I don't have the full galleries, but I do have a large number of the pics.

Hopefully between the files you have and the files other people have, I can rebuild the full galleries. If you can send me what you've got, I'll begin work on restoring those missing galleries.
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (807997)
Posted by dragons on October 9th, 2008 @ 1:21pm CDT
sorry cant help much i just looking at the pictures and camopare which would be better repaints or teh orignals that sucks that you loas tthem
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (808077)
Posted by capellamusic on October 9th, 2008 @ 2:42pm CDT
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (808094)
Posted by Seibertron on October 9th, 2008 @ 2:49pm CDT
capellamusic wrote:Check the message I've sent, I have 3 of those galleries in medium size. They're Botcon 2007 Thrust, G1 Ramjet and Music Label Spark Blue Soundwave.

They're the 500 pixel wide images? If so ... that won't help. I need to get the 750+ pixel wide images (the large ones). Thank you for the offer though, capellamusic. :)
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (808105)
Posted by capellamusic on October 9th, 2008 @ 3:02pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Yes, they are... I never download the large ones because these are big enough for me.
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (808259)
Posted by First-Aid on October 9th, 2008 @ 5:50pm CDT

I've got Bumblebee (concept) Brawl (Leader) Dreadwing, Arcee, and the Menasor Titanium, if that helps.
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (808677)
Posted by Seibertron on October 9th, 2008 @ 11:28pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:I have a few of those figs if you want to retake the pics. Since I'm in Rockford, I'm only 80 minutes from you and wouldn't mind running in with the figs. Besides, I've been craving some Lou Malmotti's lately :-)

I've got all of the figures ... just missing the pics that I spent many hours working on. It takes about two to three hours start to finish to do each gallery.
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (808908)
Posted by Skowl on October 10th, 2008 @ 8:45am CDT
Hopefully, I'll be able to send you my pics before the end of the day.

It sucks that you lost your photos of the un-released Ramulus figure. How will you ever replace those?!
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (808954)
Posted by Seibertron on October 10th, 2008 @ 9:17am CDT
Skowl wrote:Hopefully, I'll be able to send you my pics before the end of the day.

The good news is that I have most of the original photos (i.e. NOT the versions that end up on the site) except for the FAB galleries that I posted last summer. However, some of the files within that list of 43 galleries became corrupted when my hard drive went bad last October which means I'll have to reshoot some of those photos. But I really don't want to go through all of those and re-optimize them, adjust colors, watermark them, etc.

What I'm missing are the versions of the files that ended up on the site. It would be much easier to just upload them all again if someone has those photos saved but if not, I'll have to go through all of those photos again which will take some time.
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (809076)
Posted by metalformer on October 10th, 2008 @ 11:32am CDT
Seibertron wrote:The server, which is hosted by a company called ThePlanet in Houston, crashed the same weekend that I was dealing with the massive flooding in Chicago last month. Talk about when it rains it pours! Let's just say that was not one of my favorite weekends last month.

I know how upset you must be! I remember an ocassion when I had a crash while I was downloading hi-res pics of the Powermaster Decepticons to make a CD-R devoted to Transformers toys pictures (the irony)! :-x That's why I do backups of all the things I have on the PC!

Let me see how can I help as I have several of the galleries you're missing. But I need to know how do you want me to send you the images: via email or one of those online file storage services (i.e. Rapidshare).
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (809085)
Posted by Seibertron on October 10th, 2008 @ 11:37am CDT
metalformer wrote:

Sending you an email :)
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (809577)
Posted by Seibertron on October 10th, 2008 @ 7:52pm CDT
Thanks to MetalFormer ... we've got the Botcon 2007 Springer gallery back online. 1 down, 42 to go :)

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery. ... =0&start=0
Re: Can you help with missing gallery images? (809682)
Posted by Antron on October 10th, 2008 @ 9:56pm CDT
I have YOUR Arcee deluxe movie set. I dl YOUR pics for every tf i own. (for purley archival reasons, less handling) this is the only one on the list I have.

where should I send them?

-Antron

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers "TANKOR, MUDFLAP, MEGATRON and THE FALLEN" Legends Class ROTF "NEW"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron BLAST OFF Deluxe 2 of 5 Bruticus NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars BLADES DEFENSOR! LOOSE, GREAT SHAPE, Complete!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AIR RAID COMBINER WARS AERIALBOTS LOOSE NOT COMPLETE READ" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG04 Roadbuster Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY