Thursday, March 29th, 2012 3:23pm CDT

Categories: Game News, Press Releases, Digital Media News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 82,760

Another video featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron gameplay and behind-the-scenes interview with High Moon Studios has been posted on Seibertron.com's YouTube account at http://youtube.seibertron.com. The video is also embedded below for your convenience.

And here is the new trailer which was launched yesterday ...

TRANSFORMERS™: FALL OF CYBERTRON

FACT SHEET

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

The successor to the highest-rated Transformers game of all time and in development by the acclaimed team at High Moon Studios, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron allows players to experience the darkest hours of the war between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS as they vie for control of their dying home world. Fans will fight through both sides of the Transformers’ most epic battles that culminate in their legendary exodus from Cybertron. With the stakes higher and scale bigger than ever, fans will embark on an action-packed journey through massive, war-torn environments designed around each character’s unique abilities and alternate forms, including GRIMLOCK’s nearly indestructible T-Rex form and the legendary COMBATICONS combining into the colossal BRUTICUS. Taking the franchise’s competitive multiplayer to all-new heights, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron lets fans go head-to-head in blistering AUTOBOT vs. DECEPTICON matches after creating their own unique characters with the most in-depth, advanced customization ever before seen in a Transformers game.

KEY FEATURES:
  • The Fall of their Legendary Home Planet - Set in a desolate, post-apocalyptic era, the game thrusts players straight into an epic Transformers story where they will explore the devastated ruins of Cybertron and fight through the final, darkest hours of the war between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS.
  • Colossal Scale to Win the Battle - In a desperate war for survival, fans will be able to convert from robot to alternate form when they choose to turn the tides of battle. GRIMLOCK can change into a powerful T-Rex DINOBOT for super strength and fire-breathing attack, and the COMBATICONS can combine into the massive BRUTICUS to dominate his enemies with sheer size and power.
  • New and Unique Gameplay for Each Character - Every Transformers character is equipped with distinct abilities and personalities that are suited for each of the diverse missions in the game. AUTOBOT JAZZ can deploy his grappling hook to traverse across multi-level platforms. CLIFFJUMPER can cloak himself invisible to perform undetected stealth kills on his enemies. OPTIMUS PRIME can call in targeted artillery strikes from the sky. Additionally, countless characters make their very first in-game debut including GRIMLOCK, BRUTICUS, METROPLEX, the INSECTICONS and more.
  • The Biggest Character Creator Ever - Adding and vastly improving upon their acclaimed multiplayer gameplay from War for Cybertron, High Moon Studios has developed the most robust character creator ever seen in a Transformers game, allowing fans to design 100% personalized characters by choosing their individual body parts, colors, vehicle shapes, weapons, abilities and much, much more. Gamers can then take them online to go head-to-head in brutal AUTOBOT vs. DECEPTICON matches to prove their supremacy.

Publisher: Activision Publishing, Inc.
Developer: High Moon Studios (Xbox 360, PS3)
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Platforms: Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system
Suggested Retail Price: $59.99 (Xbox 360, PS3)
ESRB Rating: Not yet rated by the ESRB

HASBRO and its logo, TRANSFORMERS and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2012 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Credit(s): Activision

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 4:53pm CDT

Re: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay trailer plus "Behind-The-Scenes" feature and press release (1363740)
Posted by poetunknown79 on March 29th, 2012 @ 3:50pm CDT
Epic does not even say enough about this game. The toy line looks like shit so far. They need to step that up jus a bit more.
Re: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay trailer plus "Behind-The-Scenes" feature and press release (1363751)
Posted by Optimus1116 on March 29th, 2012 @ 4:27pm CDT

I thought that Shockwave and Starscream were good, and Optimus was decent. Other than that, you're right (I hope the dinobots are good though).
Re: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay trailer plus "Behind-The-Scenes" feature and press release (1363759)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on March 29th, 2012 @ 5:11pm CDT
Re: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay trailer plus "Behind-The-Scenes" feature and press release (1363760)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 29th, 2012 @ 5:13pm CDT
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:I really can't wait for this game to come out. It looks AWESOME! Did Megatron update his robot mode, he looks different, but it's hard to tell. I think his sword is BADASS though; it would be nice if we got another toy with the sword...Hasbro...

He does have a new appearance... no idea why other than to make things seem new. I like his old look better. This one, so far, looks too bloated or... something, i dunno.
Re: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay trailer plus "Behind-The-Scenes" feature and press release (1363761)
Posted by Stormrider on March 29th, 2012 @ 5:13pm CDT
I just watched the new trailer and I am quite happy with the game play. Can't wait. Looks like we'll have the option to customize characters even more.

does anyone know if we will be able to import maps and characters from the first game into the online battle of the second game?
Re: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay trailer plus "Behind-The-Scenes" feature and press release (1363766)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on March 29th, 2012 @ 5:22pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:

I need to see more of it before I decide which I like better; maybe he gets a new alt mode or dark energon has had some effect on him.
Re: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay trailer plus "Behind-The-Scenes" feature and press release (1363799)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 29th, 2012 @ 7:30pm CDT
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:

I thought I heard or read somewhere that he would turn into a cybertronian jet for this game. Can't remember where I heard/read that though. Maybe my brain is just wrong.
Re: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay trailer plus "Behind-The-Scenes" feature and press release (1363813)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on March 29th, 2012 @ 8:14pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:

That would make sense if this is still in the same continuity with TF: Prime, since he is a jet in the cartoon.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 AUTOBOT RATCHET Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers - Devastator Scrapper Payloader - Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Scrapper 1984" on EBAY