Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot"

Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot"

Sunday, March 6th, 2011 6:56am CST

Categories: Site News, Comic Book News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 43,470

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Transformers fan group, led by Shaun Flaherty that did the TFA Spotlight Rodimus Minor as well as Transformers: Beast Wars - Second Chances, has dropped by and informed us about their brand new comic.

This time the comic is focusing on Transformers Animated - Hot Shot.
We have mirror the first 4 pages of the comic here for your viewing:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Want to know what happen next? Head over to TFA Spotlight's deviantART page by clicking here.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot" (1190888)
Posted by Rated X on March 6th, 2011 @ 7:07am CST
After seeing this I seriously am considering cancelling my reservations for botcon. I want the Animated set because they are the Stunticons. But damn, animated series is goofy. I have yet to watch an episode. I own some of the figures because I love homages, but I didnt know they be-littled the characters this bad...LOL
Re: Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot" (1190896)
Posted by Broadside Da Wrecker on March 6th, 2011 @ 7:30am CST
X, you do realize this is a Fancomic, right?
Re: Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot" (1190908)
Posted by Mechastrike on March 6th, 2011 @ 8:13am CST
FINALLY, they have jAaamMmmmm
Re: Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot" (1190944)
Posted by Deathsanras on March 6th, 2011 @ 9:58am CST
Rated X wrote:I have yet to watch an episode. I own some of the figures because I love homages, but I didnt know they be-littled the characters this bad...LOL


Belittled? What belittle? If you haven't watched a single episode, then you have no context or any real idea what's going on, and you also wouldn't be aware how carefully and respectfully they crafted their homages.

It's good to see threads of the series continue even in fan-comic form.
Re: Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot" (1190962)
Posted by Shadowstream on March 6th, 2011 @ 10:33am CST
I'd like to know exactly why these spotlight fan comics are being featured here since they really aren't that good, if at all. The artwork is clunky, the story is non-existent, and it's short. Perhaps I'm expecting too much of a fan comic, but even still it is just a fan comic, and it still isn't entertaining, so why feature it? That's all I'm asking.
Re: Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot" (1190965)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 6th, 2011 @ 10:34am CST
that covers great, all it needs is the word jAamM
Re: Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot" (1190975)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 6th, 2011 @ 10:58am CST
Shadowstream wrote:I'd like to know exactly why these spotlight fan comics are being featured here since they really aren't that good, if at all. The artwork is clunky, the story is non-existent, and it's short. Perhaps I'm expecting too much of a fan comic, but even still it is just a fan comic, and it still isn't entertaining, so why feature it? That's all I'm asking.


Because this is a work of Transformer art and as such, art is a subjective experience. Everyone has their own opinion of it and it's the mission of this site to share these little finds with the fans. You and Rated X may not like this stuff and admittedly, I wanted to put a bullet through that overly cheerful cover page (but that's just because it was the last thing I needed to see this morning. I'm NOT a morning person) but we have to let the masses see everything for themselves and come to their own personal conclusions.

This short preview appears to be pretty decent for a fan-fic work, just like a number of the Mosaics we get are, but I still haven't warmed up whole-heartedly to TFA to the point that I'll sit through an entire comic done in this style. It's not quite my cup of energon but for those fans looking for a TFA fix outside of the standard TFA comics, enjoy your Spotlight issue.
Re: Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot" (1190991)
Posted by Shadowstream on March 6th, 2011 @ 11:41am CST
T-Macksimus wrote:Because this is a work of Transformer art and as such, art is a subjective experience. Everyone has their own opinion of it and it's the mission of this site to share these little finds with the fans.

I still don't get why this gets front page treatment over lord knows how many other good TF fan stories.

You and Rated X may not like this stuff and admittedly, I wanted to put a bullet through that overly cheerful cover page (but that's just because it was the last thing I needed to see this morning. I'm NOT a morning person) but we have to let the masses see everything for themselves and come to their own personal conclusions.

I understand, but again I have to ask why this group gets featured over others.

This short preview appears to be pretty decent for a fan-fic work,

I admit it could be worse... but it could also be way better...

just like a number of the Mosaics we get are, but I still haven't warmed up whole-heartedly to TFA to the point that I'll sit through an entire comic done in this style. It's not quite my cup of energon but for those fans looking for a TFA fix outside of the standard TFA comics, enjoy your Spotlight issue.

I see your point, but no matter how I look at it it just seems like it was slapped together for the sake of having something.

Bottom line: it's a fan comic, it feels like a fan comic, and I don't get why it needs to highlighted like it's a big deal.
Re: Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot" (1191132)
Posted by rpetras on March 6th, 2011 @ 6:57pm CST
Wow, shocked by the amount of negativity!

But, I liked it. It was like a longer version of a mosaic.

As a fan of TFA, I really liked seeing some characters that got little or no screen time get a story.
Re: Fan Comic - "Transformers Animated Spotlight - Hot Shot" (1191173)
Posted by Rated X on March 6th, 2011 @ 9:34pm CST
Deathsanras wrote:
Rated X wrote:I have yet to watch an episode. I own some of the figures because I love homages, but I didnt know they be-littled the characters this bad...LOL


Belittled? What belittle? If you haven't watched a single episode, then you have no context or any real idea what's going on, and you also wouldn't be aware how carefully and respectfully they crafted their homages.

It's good to see threads of the series continue even in fan-comic form.


What I mean by "be-little" is taking a proud warrior and re drawing them as a cute, almost cuddly, adorable character only my girlfriend could love. Thats how I define animated. I admit I own about 12 figures because some of them are homages to G1. But I just cant seem to get myself in an animated mood to watch it. Funny thing is I got all 3 seasons on AVI and never touched the discs after I burnt em. LOL.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot Sovereign Alpha Trion 7" Action Figure  Nib" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Darkmoon & Astrotrain Titans Return Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations - Titans Return Hyperfire & Blurr (loose)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Blurr SEALED G1 LG-25 Takara Titans Return Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY