First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters)

First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters)

Monday, November 29th, 2010 2:27pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 53,973

New images have shown up via TF Club of the TFC EX-004 Targetroids, which are new 3rd party figures paying homage to the Generation 1 Target Masters. The four figures shown are Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream and Hotrod, and all of which transform into weapons. To view the image of them scroll down:

Credit(s): TF Club

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152102)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on November 29th, 2010 @ 2:36pm CST
Could be interesting to pick up, do we know price ranges? or if theyre a set or seperate?
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152113)
Posted by Hyre on November 29th, 2010 @ 2:58pm CST
Sniper Rifle Megatron, Powercannon Optimus, handgun Rodimus...the only one I'm even mildly reluctant about is the twin-laser Starscream.
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152117)
Posted by Hyre on November 29th, 2010 @ 3:03pm CST
...Is that TFC's Devastator bit off to the right side of the picture?
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152119)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 29th, 2010 @ 3:04pm CST
Interesting idea but not for me. Why make OP and the gang targetmasters when there are countless G1 targetmaster characters that need some lovin'.
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152122)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 29th, 2010 @ 3:16pm CST
Now! Target your hemroids with "Targetmaster" precision,
TARGETROIDS!

Definitely don't care about them since they look like actual characters... should have had different robot modes and I would have been extremely interested.

:CON:
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152128)
Posted by Mykltron on November 29th, 2010 @ 3:35pm CST
That thar's crazy talk.

What a bizarre idea. Carrying a mini version of yourself?
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152145)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 29th, 2010 @ 4:14pm CST
Mykltron wrote:That thar's crazy talk.

What a bizarre idea. Carrying a mini version of yourself?

Worked for Dr. Evil. :lol:

Haha, yeah, these look cool, but the concept isnt really my thing either.
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152146)
Posted by Anonymous on November 29th, 2010 @ 4:16pm CST
Maybe it can be used with other figures than the characters they represent (i.e. Unicron, Primus, Cybertron Supreme Starscream, or Cybertron Metroplex).
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152147)
Posted by Rated X on November 29th, 2010 @ 4:17pm CST
Wack !!!

People dont want mini versions of autobots and decepticons. People want new versions of the Nebulans targetmaster figures to replace their lost ones or upgrade figures that carried one in the G1 cartoon like Scourge and Hot Rod.
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152149)
Posted by WarGraver on November 29th, 2010 @ 4:19pm CST
I can't see it happening, but I'd get the Prime one if it were painted to be a Modus Prime figure. I've always wanted him to get a toy.
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152157)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 29th, 2010 @ 4:28pm CST
I got really excited by the article's title. I got less excited when I read the piece, and a lot less excited when I saw the photo. It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have Targetmaster versions of main characters. Megatron and Prime don't even look that good in gun mode. Such a wasted opportunity.
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152166)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on November 29th, 2010 @ 4:44pm CST
When I heard this I was excited I thought they were Partners for Kup Blurr and Scourge but I'm not that Impressed :-?
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152198)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 29th, 2010 @ 6:07pm CST
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152203)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 29th, 2010 @ 6:25pm CST
Yeah, we're not seeing anything new here.

I have to admit, I kinda like the "mini me" thing goin' on here, but like others I dunno. With all the other neat things coming out, are these worth it?
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152204)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on November 29th, 2010 @ 6:26pm CST
These look great. They are better looking than PE Frenzy and Rumble or Eject and Rewind.
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152221)
Posted by Hyre on November 29th, 2010 @ 7:11pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:I don't think these are the "first" images we've seen of them. More like the fifth or seventh. ;) I dunno, I don't pay attention to these kinda things anymore. :lol:

Gauntlet101010 wrote:Yeah, we're not seeing anything new here.

Actually, we'd never seen any of the weapon modes outside of Rodimus, so if you're looking, you ARE seeing something new.
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152225)
Posted by Blurrz on November 29th, 2010 @ 7:16pm CST
I'd need some crazy good fiction for any of these to work. Crazy good.
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152229)
Posted by DISCHARGE on November 29th, 2010 @ 7:27pm CST
Blurrz wrote:I'd need some crazy good fiction for any of these to work. Crazy good.

I don't. I like transforming toys.
These are like articulated Legends w/ all new alt modes.
The fact that it's not the same thing over and over is nice too. The gun modes look pretty good too. I really like what I can see of megatron.
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152235)
Posted by Mkall on November 29th, 2010 @ 8:05pm CST
It's an interesting idea, but I'm not too eager to own them unless the price is really good.
Re: First Look at TFC EX-004 Targetroids (3rd Party Target Masters) (1152248)
Posted by WarGraver on November 29th, 2010 @ 8:31pm CST

- Cloning into minicon protoforms
- Transformers sliding into a dimension where the natives are larger
- Transformers transforming into smaller weapon alt modes, then something causes their link to subspace to malfunction, leaving them stuck with minimal mass
- Nebulon Halloween

It's easy enough to come up with something if you need to.

-edit-

In fact, I want to expand on one of those. Picture this:

A G1-ish universe. Megatron already transforms into a weapon that is much smaller than his body, by shunting most of his mass into subspace. But, IDW rules apply. So the decrease in mass means a huuuuuuuge increase in power. A increase so great that Megatron forces the process of becoming a mass-shifter onto Starscream. So great that the power of Megatron and Starscream in weapon mode (wielded by whichever Decepticons you prefer) are winning the war on their own.
The Autobots, desperate, managae to steal plans for the technology. But because the process is dangerous, Optimus won't let anyone other than himself become a mass-shifter. While he is unconscious for the... uh, surgery... Hot Rod convinces the scientists to make him a mass-shifter too. Now that both sides have two exceedingly powerful weapon transformers, the war evens up.
Shockwave decides it is time to win the war for himself. During a battle, he sets off a sort of pulse bomb that disrupts connections to supspace. The four weapon transformers are now stuck with their small size, and since they no longer have mass displaced, are greatly reduced in power. Shockwave seizes command of the Decepticons and starts conquering the Autobots.
The weaponformers manage to reconfigure into new, human-sized robot modes but are useless in battle. Eventually, Jetfire finds a way to extract from supspace the mass that Optimus and Hot Rod are missing. He expects to pull out, essentially, two lumps of metal. Instead, he pulls out two almost-full-sized robots who think they are Optimus and Hot Rod. Apparently, the mass-shifting process had some redundancies in place that weren't made for this situation. The Decepticons, not enjoying Shockwave's rule, steal this process and use it on Megatron and Starscream.
So... now there is a big Optimus Prime, who can wield a little Optimus Prime.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2016 Generations Titans Return BRAINSTORM & TESLOR Figure SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class FIREDRIVE & HOT ROD Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Galvatron Figure Only" on EBAY
Buy "Grimlock, 2016 McDonald's From Transformers 7, Hasbro, Dino Dinosaur" on EBAY
Buy "Marvel TRANSFORMERS #36 (1988) 1st Sky Lynx Twin Twist & Sandstorm Appearance" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Chromia Action Figure - E3539AS00 war for cybertron series" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Fracas and Scourge" on EBAY