First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard

First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard

Thursday, January 13th, 2022 10:14am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 29,215

Looks like a few people have SS86 Junkyard at the moment since we are getting various images/videos with him in it. Below you will see an image of the toy along with screenshots of him in Chefatron's Legacy Skids review. Junkyard is a far more extensive retool of SS86 Wreck Gar than some may have imagined. We only know what he looks like in bot mode for now. You will let us know what you think of this toy!

Transformers News: First Look at Studio Series 86 Junkyard

Transformers News: First Look at Studio Series 86 Junkyard

Transformers News: First Look at Studio Series 86 Junkyard

Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125307)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on January 13th, 2022 @ 1:43pm CST
He looks awful, it's perfect!!! :-D
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125311)
Posted by DeathReviews on January 13th, 2022 @ 3:04pm CST

Nice retool work though - it almost looks different from Wreck-Gar!
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125312)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 13th, 2022 @ 3:07pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:Looks like some of Junkyard's spikes got a little bent while they were smuggling this out of the factory....

Nice retool work though - it almost looks different from Wreck-Gar!

Comparing him to Wreck-Gar, everything up from the chest has been reshelled. Surprising.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125318)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 13th, 2022 @ 5:55pm CST
He looks great.

I'd buy more Junkions if they care to retool them. Unlike Seekers just recolors aren't enough. Maybe some 3rd party will go nuts with these like they did with the Classics versions.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125320)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 13th, 2022 @ 7:27pm CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:He looks great.

I'd say at least 1 more version is a safe bet. With all the retooling they did, I would bet there is an alternate head for Wreck-Gar and another for the Junkyard tooling, giving 2 more possible more heads to release between the 2 bodies. That is without considering any potential SG uses.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125321)
Posted by Emerje on January 13th, 2022 @ 7:55pm CST

Emerje
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125322)
Posted by sol magnus on January 13th, 2022 @ 7:57pm CST
Emerje wrote:Very impressive. I think most people expected Junkyard to have just a new head, but not only does he get a bunch of new body parts but he also got the extra armor on the arms. I wonder if he really comes with the axe, I have my doubts.

Emerje

While I don't know if I 'doubt it', I certainly hope that's not the case as well.

For all we know, those wheels are Weck-Gar's as well, and don't actually come with Junkyard considering where it likely came from.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125323)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 13th, 2022 @ 8:14pm CST
Junkyard looks pretty dang neat. I think i will get this one, he has a cool factor about him that speaks to me
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125326)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 13th, 2022 @ 8:20pm CST
sol magnus wrote:

Emerje

I think the axe may be legit. If you look at Wreck-Gar, the axe handle matches the saddle bags for the bike that end up on his hips. In the photo of Junkyard, that axe handle matches his hips as well. However, the grey plastic used on both figures appears to be a slightly different shade. Obviously it could just be the photos and lighting and the exact same shade is used on both figures. But a match on parts within the same photo is a pretty good sign if nothing else.

Edit: I think the same thing applies to the red plastic of the blades and his spikes. So both parts of the axe are on sprues with parts that are re-used on both figures which is another good sign.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125341)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 13th, 2022 @ 10:26pm CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:He looks great.

I've already seen one 3P upgrade for SS Wreck Gar, but hopefully we won't need as many upgrades for this mold, since this extensive retool is evidence that HasTak finally learned the right lessons from all the previous 3p Junkions and upgrades, like all the echoes of good old City Commander they instilled in Siege Ultra Magnus.

Not that we'll ever get official upgrades of every Junkion ever seen on screen, but if the Studio Series line keeps running into long stretches between live-action movies, who knows?

I'll buy at least 2 of this this guy.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125342)
Posted by william-james88 on January 13th, 2022 @ 10:48pm CST
We saw a bit of the upcoming Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard and now we have more images to show you. These now include the alt mode which has a very different look in the front than Wreck Gar due to the arm kibble. This works quite well in distinguishing this bike mode from Wreck Gar and making it look less like a robot going into a fetal position, since the arms and hands are now hidden.

This toy is due out in stores around April/May, since it is from Wave 2. The wave mate is Soundwave from the Bumblebee movie, who was also out in wave 1. Junkyard is not an exclusive of any kind.

Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125345)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 14th, 2022 @ 3:12am CST
Not too shabby!
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125350)
Posted by Emerje on January 14th, 2022 @ 8:11am CST

He looks better with the armor forward but this appears to be the proper position for the extra armor. If you look closely they actually molded tabs onto the side of Junkyard's feet that aren't found on Wreck-Gar's that fit into slots on the inside of the armor.

Emerje
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125351)
Posted by Papa_prime on January 14th, 2022 @ 8:24am CST
Looks really good. I can't wait to get him.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125356)
Posted by NeonPrime on January 14th, 2022 @ 11:10am CST
I love the mold (especially the weird head with biker shades) and will definitely pick him up. But, I think I'm gonna have to repaint him. The colors Hasbro chose make the figure look unfinished.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125372)
Posted by M. Spector on January 14th, 2022 @ 3:18pm CST
Honestly? As someone who wasn't too hot on Wreck Gar and isn't attached to the Junkion 86 movie thing, I'm really digging how this figure looks and a movie now heavily considering picking him up. The different colors and how they're arranged plus that nifty new head really do alot
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125390)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 15th, 2022 @ 5:07am CST
After seeing these pictures, Junkyard has my attention now.

I noticed something about the SS86 Scourge mold. There's a molded detail visible in altmode that to my eyes looks fairly similar to (or at least reminiscent of) the windows found on Cybertron Sideways and Soundwave.
How much discussion has their been of this? Could it be a sign of things to come? Or is it more likely just an homage to the fact that a Scourge and some Sweeps were made using the Sideways mold?
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125393)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 15th, 2022 @ 8:58am CST
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125394)
Posted by sol magnus on January 15th, 2022 @ 9:04am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:He looks better than Wreck-Gar. I still won't get him because I don't care about Junkions, but it's a good-looking figure. My 1 curiosity is if the wheels partsform or not. I haven't watched reviews.

What do you mean partsform? Do they completely come off the vehicle/robot? If so, yes...but so did the original toy AND cartoon counterpart.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard (2125395)
Posted by Seibertron on January 15th, 2022 @ 9:07am CST
Is Junkheap the right colors? I feel like his colors are supposed to be similar to Wreck-Gar.

Hm. Apparently he is. My memory was way off.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #291 - Til All Are 2021
"Til All Are 2021"
Posted: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

Buy "Transformers G1 Ultra Magnus Cab, Painted Face/Rubber Wheels for Parts, 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime Trailer Panel Part, Original 1988" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2020 WFC Trilogy: Earthrise - Quintesson Judge" on EBAY
Buy "SWERVE Deluxe Class TRANSFORMERS Universe Series Action Figure 2004 COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse SKY BYTE, Tiny Turbo Changers 2020" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS BOMBSHELL Action Figure TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "1986 Runamuck G1 Transformers still in original box, ONLY ONE OUT THERE!see pics" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TG-25 ORION PAX VS MEGATRONUS Figure TGHB" on EBAY