First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream

First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream

Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 7:45pm CDT

Category: Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,067

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Chuck has a nice goodie for us: a review (first one we've seen) for the upcoming Combiner Wars Leader Starscream!

Take it away Chuck!

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Bow down to the King! Ever since Leader Thundercracker was revealed fans were waiting for the inevitable Starscream repaint. Finally in the twilight of the Combiner Wars 2015 line here it is, complete with crown. For those new to this Jetfire retool (like me) there's a new head, chest, weapons, and wings. For me the main selling point was the crown, I just love how a small piece of TF history has been able to hold on through the years. Definitely worth a pick up.



Credit(s): Chuckdawg1999


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704858)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 30th, 2015 @ 7:56pm CDT
I dunno, the head, still doesn't scream (ahem) Starscream to me >:oP
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704860)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 30th, 2015 @ 8:02pm CDT
Glad to see starscream on video. However, chuck didn't bother showing it with all the armor bits equipped in jet and bot mode. That's a glaring omission.
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704891)
Posted by thanos13omega on June 30th, 2015 @ 10:10pm CDT
Holy already empty wallet batman! I have jetfire, and wasn't really planning on getting these(seekers) but i am a sucker for the jets. The only things i would have like are; hide the wheels on the legs with out the armor and the one time "chrome would have been good was on that crown but no we got a jetfire with it? And for the price point we should see chrome and the "jet pack"
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704931)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 30th, 2015 @ 11:49pm CDT
thanos13omega wrote:Holy already empty wallet batman! I have jetfire, and wasn't really planning on getting these(seekers) but i am a sucker for the jets. The only things i would have like are; hide the wheels on the legs with out the armor and the one time "chrome would have been good was on that crown but no we got a jetfire with it? And for the price point we should see chrome and the "jet pack"


It's true that replacing the mask and jetpack with the crown and null rays seem like a cheapo trade-off. I don't mind the no-chrome, but it would have been really appreciated on the crown.

I would really have liked to see how Screamers look with the armor bits. Leaving this step out was a lazy disservice.
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704938)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 1st, 2015 @ 12:02am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
thanos13omega wrote:Holy already empty wallet batman! I have jetfire, and wasn't really planning on getting these(seekers) but i am a sucker for the jets. The only things i would have like are; hide the wheels on the legs with out the armor and the one time "chrome would have been good was on that crown but no we got a jetfire with it? And for the price point we should see chrome and the "jet pack"


It's true that replacing the mask and jetpack with the crown and null rays seem like a cheapo trade-off. I don't mind the no-chrome, but it would have been really appreciated on the crown.

I would really have liked to see how Screamers look with the armor bits. Leaving this step out was a lazy disservice.


I guess the cost of the remolded head, shoulder pads and wing retool plus colors offset the fast pack and chrome?
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704941)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 1st, 2015 @ 12:07am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
thanos13omega wrote:Holy already empty wallet batman! I have jetfire, and wasn't really planning on getting these(seekers) but i am a sucker for the jets. The only things i would have like are; hide the wheels on the legs with out the armor and the one time "chrome would have been good was on that crown but no we got a jetfire with it? And for the price point we should see chrome and the "jet pack"


It's true that replacing the mask and jetpack with the crown and null rays seem like a cheapo trade-off. I don't mind the no-chrome, but it would have been really appreciated on the crown.

I would really have liked to see how Screamers look with the armor bits. Leaving this step out was a lazy disservice.


I guess the cost of the remolded head, shoulder pads and wing retool plus colors offset the fast pack and chrome?


Can't be that. I call greed.

Case in point, FOC Jazz VS FOC Sideswipe. Jazz came first, with a lone itsy bitsy tiny gun. Sideswipe was a repaint remold of Jazz, with the head and part of the vehicle remolded. He came with a HUGE-ASS cannon.

Image
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704944)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 1st, 2015 @ 12:28am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
thanos13omega wrote:Holy already empty wallet batman! I have jetfire, and wasn't really planning on getting these(seekers) but i am a sucker for the jets. The only things i would have like are; hide the wheels on the legs with out the armor and the one time "chrome would have been good was on that crown but no we got a jetfire with it? And for the price point we should see chrome and the "jet pack"


It's true that replacing the mask and jetpack with the crown and null rays seem like a cheapo trade-off. I don't mind the no-chrome, but it would have been really appreciated on the crown.

I would really have liked to see how Screamers look with the armor bits. Leaving this step out was a lazy disservice.


I guess the cost of the remolded head, shoulder pads and wing retool plus colors offset the fast pack and chrome?


Can't be that. I call greed.

Case in point, FOC Jazz VS FOC Sideswipe. Jazz came first, with a lone itsy bitsy tiny gun. Sideswipe was a repaint remold of Jazz, with the head and part of the vehicle remolded. He came with a HUGE-ASS cannon.

Image


Kinda late but, never ralized that as I didn't get too much into FOC. Gaack! That Jazz sure sucked spheroids! Sideswipe somewhat bearable.
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704946)
Posted by william-james88 on July 1st, 2015 @ 12:31am CDT
Could it be they didnt put the chrome because the last time they did, all the fans started whining? Takara always had chrome on their version and people bought them for the superior deco. Hasbro tries once and "Aint G1, look at Takara, they know what's up, screw Hasbro". So Hasbro said f#$k it, and now here we are without chrome, thanks!

Anyways...

I think it was Chuck that said that it was too bad all the seekers had the same head. Well I am happy becuase last time they decided to make Starscream have a different head than his fellow seekers, it was for the worse:

Image

So hellscream999, would you rather have that seeker head over this one? ;)
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704957)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:04am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Could it be they didnt put the chrome because the last time they did, all the fans started whining? Takara always had chrome on their version and people bought them for the superior deco. Hasbro tries once and "Aint G1, look at Takara, they know what's up, screw Hasbro". So Hasbro said f#$k it, and now here we are without chrome, thanks!

Anyways...

I think it was Chuck that said that it was too bad all the seekers had the same head. Well I am happy becuase last time they decided to make Starscream have a different head than his fellow seekers, it was for the worse:

Image

So hellscream9999, would you rather have that seeker head over this one? ;)

Well, if you really want to know, I think most starscream head designs suck; I really liked Cybertron Starscreams head design if I remember correctly. Prime came pretty close, but that may have more to do with how emotive it was and how it fit the design and scting style of his character in relation to his body design. I honestly don't mind the alternity design too much, then again, I also sought out Injector at botcon this year, after wanting him my whole life, so take of it what you will.

I will say that Prime soundwave had the best head design, very fitting to his character and very intimidating 8)
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704960)
Posted by william-james88 on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:10am CDT
I did want to know, thanks for Sharing! And yeah, Galaxy Force's Starscream was SWEET! For me, my favourite seeker head is the alternity one on Thundercracker and Skywarp (and Banzaitron).
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704961)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:13am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I did want to know, thanks for Sharing! And yeah, Galaxy Force's Starscream was SWEET! For me, my favourite seeker head is the alternity one on Thundercracker and Skywarp (and Banzaitron).

It is really nice, haven't decided whether it works for them, its distinctive, yet they really seem to own it, like an edgy update on their original design :michaelbay:

I think the WfC and FoC design nails it, come think on it; but there was something about the simple design of the G1 character... the simple face sorta hid him, like a facade of false intentions, or something.
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704963)
Posted by Zeedust on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:17am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Case in point, FOC Jazz VS FOC Sideswipe. Jazz came first, with a lone itsy bitsy tiny gun. Sideswipe was a repaint remold of Jazz, with the head and part of the vehicle remolded. He came with a HUGE-ASS cannon.


For what it's worth, FoC Sideswipe was about the time the price of Deluxes went up.
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704964)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:19am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Well, if you really want to know, I think most starscream head designs suck; I really liked Cybertron Starscreams head design if I remember correctly. Prime came pretty close, but that may have more to do with how emotive it was and how it fit the design and scting style of his character in relation to his body design. I honestly don't mind the alternity design too much, then again, I also sought out Injector at botcon this year, after wanting him my whole life, so take of it what you will.

I will say that Prime soundwave had the best head design, very fitting to his character and very intimidating 8)
How bout the head of this Starscream?
Image
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704965)
Posted by william-james88 on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:26am CDT
Is it the same as Smokejumper?
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704966)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:28am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Is it the same as Smokejumper?
And G2 Smokescreen. And RobotMasters Smokesniper.
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704967)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:29am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Is it the same as Smokejumper?
And G2 Smokescreen. And RobotMasters Smokesniper.

BEST NAME EVAR :michaelbay:

I give my CW skydive silverbolts big rifle and call him Smokesniper 8)
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704968)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:31am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Well, if you really want to know, I think most starscream head designs suck; I really liked Cybertron Starscreams head design if I remember correctly. Prime came pretty close, but that may have more to do with how emotive it was and how it fit the design and scting style of his character in relation to his body design. I honestly don't mind the alternity design too much, then again, I also sought out Injector at botcon this year, after wanting him my whole life, so take of it what you will.

I will say that Prime soundwave had the best head design, very fitting to his character and very intimidating 8)
How bout the head of this Starscream?
Image

I'm not against it, but there's something integral to starscreams character and role, that demands he have a full face and be able to pull off a range of complex emotions or something, I dunno Image
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704970)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:35am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I did want to know, thanks for Sharing! And yeah, Galaxy Force's Starscream was SWEET! For me, my favourite seeker head is the alternity one on Thundercracker and Skywarp (and Banzaitron).

I bet that banzaitron would be a more satisfying experience than the rotf one :-x


After searching for it for literally months and finding the only one I ever saw...


F#$&ing thumbs :-x


F*$k that design :-x
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704971)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:35am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:I'm not against it, but there's something integral to starscreams character and role, that demands he have a full face and be able to pull off a range of complex emotions or something, I dunno Image
*shrug* He did get a new one:

Image
Re: First Review of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1704972)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 1st, 2015 @ 1:37am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:I'm not against it, but there's something integral to starscreams character and role, that demands he have a full face and be able to pull off a range of complex emotions or something, I dunno Image
*shrug* He did get a new one:

Image

Lol, I have that guy; yeah, I don't know any fiction -except the exerpt from the graphic novel, but it could have worked by reflecting his new character; didn't he get a mental work-over due to that new form?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 DECEPTICON HEADMASTER SKULLCRUNCHER MISB! US SELLER RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects God Neptune Combiner Wars Coelagon Gulf Skalor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Hardhead & Duros" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY