Transformers News: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC

Thursday, July 20th, 2017 12:17PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 35,021

We have a gallery up with several images of all the new reveals from Hasbro's Breakfast Press Event, which featured the reveal of the Power of the Prime line. It seems to encompass several gimicks and evolving them.

The Power of the Primes gimmick features Prime Master mini-figures who embody power literally from the original 12 Primes - or 13, if you're a believer. The Skullgrin figure we saw in the Breakfast Press event sports the holofoil symbol of Liege Maximo, who recently returned in IDW's Transformers: Till All Are One, and include Decoy Suits, the new version of Pretender Shells, but in diminutive size (similar to the Titan Master vehicle drones).

Deluxes will also be able to house the Prime Masters, and Voyagers will be able to hold up to two each, with a 'special armour' of sorts that will fit on the figure, or the arms for the Voyager. The 13th Prime's spark is, as expected, the Matrix of Leadership - which each Leader class figure will have, each to their own style - giving a narrative support to Hot Rod becoming Rodimus Prime in the new fiction too and toyline too. And Optimus Primal, the winner of the fan poll, will have the same gimmick and transformation from Deluxe to Leader

Here is a list of what you will find in the gallery.

Prime Master Skullgrin where a small Prime Master can be hidden in a small transforming pretender shell (Decoy Suit).

Legends Beachcomber

Deluxe Dreadwing and Darkwind which can combine the same way they did in G1 (see image below) and Jazz

Voyager Starscream whose design is a combination of his G1 Pretender self and IDW's design by Sara Pitre Durocher

Leader Rodimus Prime with a removable Matrix of Leadership which has a Titan master port (so yes, you can now give you toys a Six of Twelve head). The trailer becomes a big suit for a deluxe Hot Rod to go inside and turn into Rodimus Prime.

Titans Return Overlord and Slugslinger were also present

Transformers G1 1988 Dreadwing (Darkwings) Gallery

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897907)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:20pm CDT
Jazz's car form reminds me a lot of those Lego race car kits from a lil while ago. Not convinced.

The Pretender thing is nice but far too small for what I was hoping the gimmick to return as... Very disappointing.

Can't stop smirking at Darkwing's head. I know it looked a bit funny before but it just looks ridiculous now. Looked better in the comics.
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897909)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:20pm CDT
also, i am so going to get that jazz and repaint him into gobots crasher.
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897910)
Posted by Flashwave on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:21pm CDT
Ooh! What if the bottom of Dreadwind's feet are the Combiner Wars slot, and the combined Mode shown is by flipping Darking's socket head out? That should be really stable, if Dreasssd's legs tab together tightly enough

Ingenous!
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897911)
Posted by bodrock on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:21pm CDT
MadProject wrote:can we also take a moment to discuss about the fact that you can use the Matrix as Titan Master?

[attachment=1]matrix.jpg[/attachment]

I love it!
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897912)
Posted by breacher on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:22pm CDT
Also, does it look like Beachcomber's chest does something to anyone else?
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897913)
Posted by leokearon on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:23pm CDT
Great that Dreadwing and Darkwing combine,
Skullgrin is odd,
Jazz, I prefer the RTS version,
Beachcomber looks really good
Starscream has gone to the gym of drank monster juice
Rodimus looks great but I don't need another Deluxe Hot Rod
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897914)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:23pm CDT
leokearon wrote:
Rodimus looks great but I don't need another Deluxe Hot Rod

So use him as Voyager Rodimus Prime? :P
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897915)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:25pm CDT
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897916)
Posted by shocksound96 on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:26pm CDT
Still have my fingers crossed for Star Saber
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897917)
Posted by Flashwave on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:26pm CDT
breacher wrote:Also, does it look like Beachcomber's chest does something to anyone else?

No. It looks to me like his chest is the bottom of the Titan Master cockpit. The arms look like the slide down to give better sheep clearance. His waist might have the same collapsible thing going on that Wheelie had to elongate the vehicle mode. But I ask not. Seeing an actual gimmick. Just mechanics for transformation
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897918)
Posted by Flashwave on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:30pm CDT
So, my guess is that since the Jazz figure has a CW tab, he'll be inevitably repainted into an analog for CW Sideswipe. With a pseudo lambo it seems the obvious choice to me.

But in the category of super obscure and unlikely, you know who I WANT? RID Daytonus.
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897920)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:33pm CDT
shocksound96 wrote:Still have my fingers crossed for Star Saber

given rodimus primes example here, I can see star saber as a distinct possibility
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897921)
Posted by Overcracker on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:39pm CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Roddy's looking pretty cool. Now you know I have to have it for the ever growing Rod display.

:shock: ;)^ :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay:
You and me both. Dang it :lol:

LOL! :lol:

Looks like Rodimus is in fact 2 figures in one. Hot Rod, and the trailer / armor to turn him into Rodimus. which also appears to grant him a larger head. And the Hot Rod portion has to be part of the package otherwise you would just be getting a leader sized trailer.

Seems like the TR Hot rod just became a tad superfluous though.
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897922)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:39pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:

Oh dear God in heaven, please don't let Beachcomber be a floppy mess like Wheelie
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897923)
Posted by itscramtastic on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:41pm CDT
Sweet merciful cats, I'm excited about all of these TR/PotP bots!!!!!!

HYPE!!
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897924)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:42pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Seems like the TR Hot rod just became a tad superfluous though.

Well, true in that's why I've decided to pretty much skip Legends Hot Rod, but I'm keeping my custom TR Hot Rod anyways cos he's my Marvel Hot Rod and anyways if you have both TR Hot Rod and PotP ROdimus you can have both displayed at same time as before/after Matrix? I dunno. :P
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897925)
Posted by william-james88 on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:45pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

it returned as more than that, did you see that Rodimus. Its a mega pretender like Thunderwing. You have two transforming bots that combine together in vehicle mode and then in one mode (the robot mode) the smaller robot fits into the larger robot. thats the tru return of pretenders, with characters that werent pretenders before. it will be like that for all leader size class figures including Optimus Primal

Which must mean that Optimus Primal will be a deluxe gorilla and turn into leader Optimal Optimus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
leokearon wrote:
Rodimus looks great but I don't need another Deluxe Hot Rod

So use him as Voyager Rodimus Prime? :P

He's a leader. if anyone still wants a great voyager Rodimus, just get the MP, he scales perfectly.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:I hope Dreadwind and Darkwing combine better than that, bad enough they're using CW molds again. I really hope something is up with Starscream because as it is, it looks terrible. Do we know if the deluxe Hot Rod comes with the armor or is it a separate figure?

The Prime masters fit into his arms to power him up. It will happen on all voyagers.

Leader Rodimus comes with the smaller deluxe hot rod, yes. And the two jets wont combine better than that.
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897929)
Posted by Overcracker on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:48pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Seems like the TR Hot rod just became a tad superfluous though.

I like that idea.

william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Ohh, my!!!!. :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897930)
Posted by itscramtastic on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:51pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Seems like the TR Hot rod just became a tad superfluous though.
I like that idea.
Or make dioramas like The Return of Optimus Prime and the first couple episodes of Headmasters where he goes from Hot Rot to Rodimus to Hot Rod to Rodimus to "I'm leaving the Autobots for you to command, Fortress!"
Re: Gallery for SDCC 2017 Transformers Power of the Primes Reveals at Hasbro Breakfast Press Event #HasbroSDCC (1897931)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 20th, 2017 @ 12:52pm CDT
That version of Jazz's alt mode is very reminiscent of an old Gobot I have, Crasher I think.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Vehicon Decepticon DVD Included SEE NOTES - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 1 minute 9 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Age of Extinction Scorn NRFP - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 1 minute 6 seconds
Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Voyager 6" Megatron Action Figure Toy Doll - Time Remaining: 7 days 16 hours 6 minutes 8 seconds
Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Repair Station - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 38 minutes 7 seconds
MISB in USA - Transformers Takara Adventure TAV VS-SP Dogfight Runamuck Million - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 28 minutes 17 seconds
New Transformers Generation Toy GT-4 J4ZZ MP Jazz Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 32 minutes 35 seconds
Vintage 1985 Andro Base Playset - Go-bots Transformers - Blue Box - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 42 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers legends LG36 Soundwave Japan Import - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 4 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017