Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options

Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options

Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 12:52pm CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 13,833

A deal breaker for many fans was the strict autograph policy said to be enforced at Hascon, where you could only autograph merchandise bought at the show.
Hasbro has since changed that to include anything official. So those who want Peter Cullen to autograph the G1 Optimus Prime they had as a kid of some old Transformers VHS covers you still treasure will be able to.

Here is the updated policy:
Our autograph policy has been updated: HASCON Guests will sign your HASCON Program Guide and only officially licensed DVDs, comics, toys and other collectibles, but they will not sign bootleg merchandise. Please bring only one item to be signed during each autograph session and understand that the HASCON Guests may or may not pose for photographs with the fans. For more information please visit our FAQ's here: Hasbro HASCON 2017

Credit(s): Hascon official website

Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889167)
Posted by Deadput on June 13th, 2017 @ 12:56pm CDT
Well that's better and much more reasonable.

I totally understand why Hasbro wouldn't want a Third Party item there at an "official" Hasbro convention for Hasbro things.
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889171)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 13th, 2017 @ 1:03pm CDT
I'm still annoyed that they decided to put all their properties together in one convention. Because obviously what we want is Transformers, G.I. Joe and... *shudder*... My Little Pony in one convention.

Granted, I'm not even able to attend because it's in America, but it still seems odd. Is this their way of making up for the fact there's not really enough fans for a standalone G.I. Joe convention to be justified anymore? Is it some sick joke, forcing Joe fans and TF fans to share space with Bronies (who have enough of their own conventions anyway)?

I dunno. Hasbro is weird.
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889172)
Posted by Randomhero on June 13th, 2017 @ 1:06pm CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:An exclusive figure (as in only one?). Hmm... well, considering they said it will probably be up on the website for purchase shortly after the convention, doesn't seem like there's much reason to go lol

For over 10 years botcon was only doing one figure. Once funpub came along they did the box sets and other stuff. This is the first year so it's going to be a learning thing and see how it goes.
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889177)
Posted by ScottyP on June 13th, 2017 @ 1:22pm CDT
One figure sounds great, and I really mean that. One of the issues Fun Pub had, imo, was the mentality that less could not possibly be more. Did year X's set have Y number of figures? Fun Pub thought that year X+1's set had to have greater than or equal to Y or it was a step back. They said so. It didn't and doesn't make sense and seemed like a strange self-imposed guideline.

Anyhow, yeah I am very in favor of Hascon going for more of an early Botcon or Tokyo Toy Show type model where there are 1, at most 3 or so choice pieces to commemorate the event.
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889180)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2017 @ 1:39pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

1994-1996 is not "over 10 years".
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889182)
Posted by Randomhero on June 13th, 2017 @ 1:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

1994-1996 is not "over 10 years".

My mistake they did twos and threes and sometimes just one. Certainly not on or with the 12+ botcon was doing. Either way it's still their first and it's not just accommodating transformers it's handling all their brands that they choose to participate.

It affects me in no way I never went to botcon. It was something I always said I'd do but now that it's gone I said "oh well"
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889184)
Posted by Graviton on June 13th, 2017 @ 2:10pm CDT
Did anybody else notice that they only said Power of the Primes reveals? Can we expect the final wave of TR to be revealed at SDCC.
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889216)
Posted by Lucky Logician on June 13th, 2017 @ 5:39pm CDT
Video Clip wrote:We also have a great Hascon exclusive

I notice that he didn't say it was an actual toy/figure/etc, but I'm not going to nitpick over that. Just pointing it out since the wording on that seemed odd. I'll laugh my butt off it it turns out to just be a lithograph with a character from every franchise.

Also, Hascon is less than 3 months away. Kinda late to finally be announcing an exclusive item. If you wanted me to fly across the continent, you should've advertised more ahead of time, Hasbro.

Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889223)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 13th, 2017 @ 6:04pm CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:I'm going to predict that the exclusive item to being something closer to an SDCC exclusive instead of a Botcon exclusive. So it'll be shiny or in a pretty box. And therefore, a very easy pass.

Another possibility is that it will be akin to those Japanese shows with their exclusive redecos. No no no, I'm not talking about black ones, they've done more than that!
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889244)
Posted by BombshellDaBug on June 13th, 2017 @ 8:09pm CDT
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889282)
Posted by Munkky on June 14th, 2017 @ 2:15am CDT
BombshellDaBug wrote:This whole Hascon thing is interesting to me because they're trying to unite the fans of the different Hasbro properties under one banner, yet it seems like more and more TF fans are becoming skeptical of the whole thing. Is it wrong of me to secretly hope that this turns out like that whole Dashcon thing from a couple of years ago? Because if so, then I don't want to be right.

The difference is that Dashcon was put together by a small group of people who had never organised an event before, and blew most of their money because they knew nothing about responsible budgeting. I'm sure with Hascon everything has been carefully planned and budgeted in advance, by people who know what they're doing. There's a video on YouTube that goes into more detail about why Dashcon failed so badly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZgxeX2dCnQ
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889319)
Posted by RAR on June 14th, 2017 @ 6:35am CDT
I would find the imminent disaster that this show is going to be funny - if it wasn't so darn expensive for it's victims to attend.
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889320)
Posted by zfogshooterz on June 14th, 2017 @ 6:42am CDT
"Power of the Primes reveals plus Masterpiece, Movie and more."

Looking Forward to the Power of the Primes reveal. But are the "Masterpiece, Movie & More" just showcases of the what's been shown recently or will there be an additional reveals with the showcased?
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889329)
Posted by BombshellDaBug on June 14th, 2017 @ 7:31am CDT
Munkky wrote:

I will admit that I was being rather sarcastic when I made that comment. That being said, I'm still rather skeptical of this being the major success that Hasbro is hoping it will be. Realistically speaking, it'll probably be a moderate success with a few hiccups here and there.
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889334)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2017 @ 8:20am CDT
zfogshooterz wrote:"Power of the Primes reveals plus Masterpiece, Movie and more."

I think it will be like the Tokyo Toy Show where they showcase a bunch of upcoming toys, not all of them being revealed for the first time.
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889343)
Posted by zfogshooterz on June 14th, 2017 @ 8:50am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889345)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2017 @ 8:58am CDT
zfogshooterz wrote:I see. So they're probably showcasing what's mostly been revealed on the internet recently with a small chance of new reveals? (My apologies if I still don't get it)

Precicely.
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889351)
Posted by zfogshooterz on June 14th, 2017 @ 9:28am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Precicely.

Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889352)
Posted by william-james88 on June 14th, 2017 @ 9:33am CDT
zfogshooterz wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Precicely.

They dont, sorry :( Everything from the mainline was revealed by Hasbro, we have seen all the new molds from the deluxe, voyager and leader class.
Re: Hasbro Changes HasCon Autograph Policy Allowing More Options (1889356)
Posted by zfogshooterz on June 14th, 2017 @ 9:56am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
zfogshooterz wrote:Thanks for answering! Was kinda hoping that there would be a reveal for The last Knight Onslaught, Dreadbot & Mohawk. (If they even exist)

At least this confirms my nagging suspicion of that's it for The Last Knight figures from the Hasbro Transformers Brand Team Google Hangout video Chat Q&A(quote): "What's been seen today is it for Premier Edition The Last Knight toys."

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY