Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart

Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart

Monday, December 10th, 2018 8:49am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 20,751

Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Carytheone, we have news of a special vote Hasbro is launching tomorrow through their Hasbro Pulse social media account (and also advertised on their Transformers Official Instagram account). The vote will determine which of four pre-selected G1 toys will be reissued in Walmart in the Spring of 2020! The choices are: Perceptor, Astrotrain, Thundercracker and Skywarp.

Transformers News: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart

Here's the post as put on the Transformers Official Instagram account.

Transformers Official Instagram wrote:Which G1 classic bot do you want to see make a return to Walmart in Spring 2020? Cast your votes starting tomorrow in @HasbroPulse's story! A post shared by TRANSFORMERS (@transformersofficial) on Dec 10, 2018 at 6:00am PST

Remember, the voting begins tomorrow!

Who do you want to see reissued? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Credit(s): Carytheone from Seibertron.com, Hasbro Pulse & Transformers Official Instagram accounts

Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998010)
Posted by no-one on December 10th, 2018 @ 8:51am CST

EDIT: ah, it's a bracket with only one release?
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998011)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 10th, 2018 @ 8:53am CST
carytheone wrote:I can't help but wonder if these will be VS two packs, but why are two Seekers against each other? Weird.
Thundercracker did turn on the Decepticons and become an ally to the Autobots in IDW (even earning a punch to the face from Skywarp).
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998012)
Posted by no-one on December 10th, 2018 @ 8:55am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Well I made an edit as you posted this. Maybe it's a bracket leading to a second and final vote?

Would they mix their G1 Kool-Aid with IDW Flavor Aid?
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998013)
Posted by Randomhero on December 10th, 2018 @ 8:56am CST

Because Thundercracker has been a good guy in some fiction for years but also who cares if it means you can compete the original seeker trio.

Also it won’t be a two pack, it just decides the next two rereleases. Don’t need to start putting that crap in people’s heads. That’s how people thought mirage and impact or were being released even though no one anywhere said it would be a two pack.
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998018)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 10th, 2018 @ 9:13am CST

Of these choices, the only one of these I'd actually pick if I felt absolutely compelled to pick one would be Astrotrain but ONLY if it were to come not in his original 1985 Hasbro retail deco but in the never-released prototype deco first seen in the 1985 toy magazines that the cartoon animators used for reference in coloring Astrotrain's character model, as detailed at the end in this video (beginning just after the 6:00 mark):

Yes, I am aware of that e-HOBBY exclusive "Astrotrain Proto Color Version" that was meant to evoke the prototype deco, but the shades and hues of the gray and purple were off.
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998019)
Posted by william-james88 on December 10th, 2018 @ 9:17am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Frankly, I don't think any of these four are good reissue choices. Both Perceptor and Astrotrain have been reissued by Hasbro within the last decade, and making us having to pick just one between Skywarp and Thundercracker means that if either of them wins then we'll be one member short of completing the Seeker trio with Starscream.

Agreed
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998021)
Posted by ScottyP on December 10th, 2018 @ 9:24am CST

Anything else and this is a snoozer.
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998023)
Posted by no-one on December 10th, 2018 @ 9:35am CST
ScottyP wrote:If it's cartoon colors Astrotrain that would be an excellent choice. Maybe one with a darker purple than the Takara attempt?

Anything else and this is a snoozer.
If they keep the current trend up, who ever wins will be just like the last few. 100% G1 less the authentic styrofoam smell. I miss that smell.

I do kind of feel they are barking up the wrong tree with the reissues though. Both in character choices and distributor. What's their endgame? Just toss shit at a wall and see what sticks?

Wasn't Preceptor just released with Blaster (I spotted that release in bulk at a few salvage stores) and some weird color variants of Astrotrain and Blitzwing?
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998027)
Posted by RiddlerJ on December 10th, 2018 @ 9:43am CST
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998029)
Posted by Samsonator on December 10th, 2018 @ 9:46am CST
My usual response would be to always bet on Skywarp, but their last Seeker reissue suffered significantly from what I like to call "mushface" and I'd rather not repeat that. That said, the other options aren't particularly interesting choices, either.

I find it hard to believe that any future Walmart reissues would be limited to one character, so I'm just gonna vote Skywarp, and hope for the best, both in terms of molding issues, and further reissues beyond the fan poll character being maybe something more exciting.
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998035)
Posted by Optimutt on December 10th, 2018 @ 10:31am CST

Yet I'm fully aware of the problems already in existence regarding this group: namely that the molds are gone. One could therefore correctly infer that I'm over reissues. Sad to say. I love G1, but I'm good.
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998038)
Posted by Grimlok59 on December 10th, 2018 @ 10:39am CST
Sigh... I really really really wish it was a bad joke that they are going to sell these through Walmart again. That was literally the worst buying experience ever. I had the same item canceled 7 times before I just bought it marked up on Ebay months later...
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998040)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 10th, 2018 @ 10:41am CST
Cyclonus and Scourge might not be lost. We know they've kept track of Hot Rod, Rodimus Prime, Galvatron, Kup, and Wheelie, so it's possible they still know where Blurr, Springer, Wreck-Gar, Cyclonus, and Scourge are.
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998043)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 10th, 2018 @ 11:00am CST
I would be down for a cyclonus reissue, I was gutted as a kid when the one I had finally gave in and had to be condemned to the bin. Though i was never sure if it was the target master version I had or if the target master belonged to hot rod
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998044)
Posted by leokearon on December 10th, 2018 @ 11:08am CST
Even without being able to buy any of these, these are pretty poor choices.
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998045)
Posted by ScottyP on December 10th, 2018 @ 11:32am CST
RiddlerJ wrote:If they really wanted to move product, put out the seeker mold in new colors like Acid Storm or Red Wing.

Red Wing is never happening though. Funpub wouldn't milk the $eeker mold for it? Red Wing is dead forever ;)

Optimutt wrote:The only reissues that interest me at this point are Scourge, Cyclonus, the Dinobots, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, and Mirage.

If they'll reverse engineer the Dino Cassettes of all things, I'd say anything is fair game again at this point. Maybe not for Walmart reissues though, I'm sure they have to keep the cost down.
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998052)
Posted by william-james88 on December 10th, 2018 @ 12:23pm CST

Wait, there is something wrong with the cyclonus and scourge molds? I didnt know that.

ZeroWolf wrote:I would be down for a cyclonus reissue, I was gutted as a kid

You want me to gut Ultra Magnus?
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998053)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on December 10th, 2018 @ 12:24pm CST
What reissue do I want next?

How about that Bumblebee I ordered forever ago that got cancelled, walmart?
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998056)
Posted by Optimutt on December 10th, 2018 @ 12:35pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

I guess that since we have never gotten a reissue of either Cyclonus or Scourge, I just assumed that the molds were lost. If they hadn't lost the molds, wouldn't they have reissued them at least once in the past 30 years?
Re: Hasbro launch vote tomorrow for G1 Reissue to launch in Spring 2020 in Walmart (1998060)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on December 10th, 2018 @ 12:46pm CST
Question - Would anyone else like to see Beast Wars reissues?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Shrapnel insecticon in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 ramjet Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Sideswipe Autobot 84 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Thrust Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron Construction Set" on EBAY