High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons

High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons

Saturday, March 24th, 2018 11:40pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,282

The fan base seems to have mixed feelings regarding the upcoming Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking. He seems to be missing some important features like the spiked knuckles and a sword. However, he also has a well proportioned robot mode and seems quite poseable as well as intimidating. And if Devastator is anything to go by, this will be a fun toy to build up and pose.

Well, to give you as much info as possible regarding this toy, we have a lot of new images showing him in natural light. This is a demo copy but the colour layout and deco should be the same as what you will find in stores when he comes out. We have both shots of the combined mode in the wilderness and images of the individual Predacons in both beast mode and robot mode, which are sure to raise a lot of questions regarding Rampage's face (or lack of). We finally see why Divebomb has such an odd beast mode with a head that is much lower than it should be. It is because the large backpack contains both the combine wings and the combiner torso. We also learn about the hand storage in the feet, which is a neat feature.

The toy is slated for a summer release and should be around the $150 price point (depending the retailer). Let us know what you think of this toy and if these images change your mind about the toy, either positively or negatively. These images were found on WeChat and the Official Transformers Weibo page.

Transformers News: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons

Credit(s): Wechat and Transformers on Weibo

This article was last modified on Saturday, March 24th, 2018 11:41pm CDT

Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948080)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2018 @ 11:41pm CDT
Rampage's beast mode has quite the, erm... waste disposal exit, there.
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948081)
Posted by william-james88 on March 24th, 2018 @ 11:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Rampage's beast mode has quite the, erm... waste disposal exit, there.

He has problems in robot mode too

Also, I do not know what is the female version of the word "phallic", but I would use it for what that prime master looks like.

Lastly, I dont know how to feel about this guy. The transformations on some of these look even simpler than the G1 toy (which did not reuse the same limbs between modes for most of them). And the toys dont look as good or as intimidating. This Tantrum's beast mode pales in comparison to the original.
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948085)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 25th, 2018 @ 12:23am CDT
This...

This is creative engineering. That does mean Divebomb carries the lion's share of the excess Predaking bulk.

P.S. Note the "D-75" sticker, referencing his Japanese ID number.
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948087)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 25th, 2018 @ 12:39am CDT

On one hand, much like Devastator, he has an awesome combined mode that looks awesome, even if, unlike Devastator, he doesn't have a weapon.

On the other hand, the individuals are atrocious, ridiculously so. Not a single one of the predacons looks any good in either mode. They had so much more potential than what they got, it's really sad.

And while I appreciate the engineering on divebomb, actually having parts of him form the back and torso and arm of Predaking in an effort to keep Razorclaw the same size... they should have just made a larger Razorclaw. that attempt to keep him normal sized has killed the individuals (well, it affected 4 of the 5, and the 5th doesn't appear to have a face, soooo.....)

So yeah, I will not buy this at retail price. Devastator? Would have gotten him at full price instead of a Christmas present if I could have. Metroplex? too soon into my collecting, I had to get him from ebay. Fort Max? No to normal price, lackluster. Trypticon? yes to full price, but had to wait. This guy, not at all. Shame really, cause the Con titans have been the real kickass titans
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948088)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 25th, 2018 @ 12:50am CDT
Man, this is so painful to witness; this is titan class predaking, this article should have been the highlight of my year, but all I can see is a butchered abomination of lackluster potential, and can only feel apathy and disgust towards it like I do towards the last jedi; which is a serious shame b/c this should have been my toy of the decade as I have always loved predaking :(
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948090)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on March 25th, 2018 @ 1:08am CDT
:x
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948092)
Posted by Grahf_ on March 25th, 2018 @ 1:12am CDT
I think what made Devastator work so well was that it was designed to be a Masterpiece set but was scaled back slightly and released in Generations. Whereas Predaking was designed to be a Generations set from the start but then scaled back. Sure Devastator has a slight advantage with six figures to spread out into but everything was done rather well with every part having a place.

The Constructicons were five voyagers and one roughly ultra/new leader. So why aren't the Predacons five ultra/new leader figures to help disperse the kibble instead of five voyagers? They're already messing up the scale by making the set a titan release when compared to Predaking's now two rivals
of Sky Lynx in the form of Sky Reign/Lynxmaster and Volcanicus. So why not make the individual figures larger to try to work that kibble in better by making it part of their mass and not just pieces hanging off awkwardly? That's a lot of kibble to work with and it could've been incorporated better into each figure.

The combined mode looks good regardless, if not somehow a little off, and I guess that's what they were going for. I'll get it because of that but I'll wait for a sale. It's just that I won't like switching them into robot and beast modes anywhere near as much as I like breaking down my UW Devastator into his components. It's really tempting to have multiples of the Constructicons just because they're so good in all their modes.

I'd much rather Predaking be a standard CW style combiner than a unique Titan. It's what I want in my collection more. That way we could've gotten Omega Supreme, Scorponok or better yet, Raiden as the next titan instead. Tantrum and Headstrong are already similar enough so they could've been retools or reshells as deluxes just as some of the Dinobots are. Divebomb could've used Swoop as a base just like Cutthroat. Rampage and Razorclaw would then be original figures from anything else or heavy retools of other figures somehow. Maybe Rampage from Sinnertwin lol. I don't know how the wings would've worked though unless they made large enough wings on the Swoop base mold that Volcanicus, Abominus and of course, Predaking would've had wings. I couldn't care less about G1 Predaking not originally being a Scramble City style combiner like some people do though. If I wanted everything to be just like G1, I'd never have sold mine again.

I waited a long time before deciding to buy a third party Predaking, finally deciding on Unique Toys Warlord. I just couldn't pass it up at $100. I was rather happy until a day or two later when we learned about Hasbro's upcoming Predaking and I started to regret my purchase as Warlord was being shipped out to me. Then I didn't worry about it so much when I found out Predaking was going to be a titan class set. Now I'm really not regretting my purchase.

I missed out on Metroplex originally hoping to snag one from Costco but forgetting to. However, I got one a month or two ago from Ebay for $160 minus the missile and Scamper who I already had. That's roughly the going rate for titan figures now including tax so I more than didn't mind as I was planning to get the Takara reissue at $250 anyway. I liked the look of Devastator so much I preordered the Unite Warriors version. For Fortress Maximus I got the SDCC version. Trypticon I waited for one of the 50% off sales on Amazon that were reported here. Not because I didn't like him but because going by the sales Devastator and Fort Max had before him, I knew the same would happen for Trypticon. Coincidentally, he came in the same day as the Metroplex from Ebay which was a very happy day for me lol. For Predaking though, as I already mentioned, I'll be waiting for a sale. Just this time it will be because I'm not that enthused by it.
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948096)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 25th, 2018 @ 2:45am CDT
i could point out what is wrong with it but i wont because overall its awesome and looks pretty good
and i cant wait to have one of my own ;)^
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948097)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 25th, 2018 @ 2:57am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:This guy is more starting to annoy me more than anything the more pictures we get.

giphy-downsized.gif
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948099)
Posted by DMSL on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:33am CDT

I think the set would have been better if Razorclaw was a Leader class figure and had Predaking's legs incorporated inside him. There is simply no excuse for Divebomb's hideous beast mode.
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948100)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:38am CDT
I will say... seeing the fists plug into the feet... makes me feel better about the missing spikes on his fists. But I still think the lack of a sword (Vitorion recolor or otherwise) is a missed opportunity, or a cheap shot for an SDCC/HasCon set.
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948101)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:40am CDT
DMSL wrote:The more i see the less i like this figure. It seems a very rushed design with all the combiner parts just hanging down their backs.

The problem with upscaling Razorclaw is the fact they're trying to maintain the same robot scale for all the preds (which they had in the original).

As far as Divebomb is concerned, I think it's rather creative way to solve the "Long Haul" problem. Sure the beast mode looks a little weird, but the bot mode is clean. It's also better than I'd assumed Razorclaw basicall eviscerated himself and was going to be super hollow, spreading the torso love around is going to make for a much more *solid* figure.
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948102)
Posted by Qwan on March 25th, 2018 @ 4:10am CDT
Personally, I'm extremely worried about how hollow (and potentially flimsy) Predaking's legs are going to be, looking at these images and the way it seems like Tantrum and Headstrong transform into legs. Not only do his entire shins seem to be held together by a pair of tiny tabs in the middles (at the individuals' hips) meaning they could collapse backward with a light breeze, but the lack of mass on the backs makes it look to me like Predaking's center of mass is actually going to be behind those joints and the ones in his ankles. I hope my analysis is wrong, but this does not seem at all safe or stable to me. Doesn't look that great from a lot of angles either...

That said, his combined mode and Razorclaw's robot mode (and only those) do look overall cool and nicely-proportioned. They seem powerful but still lithe, befitting their predatorial nature. If I end up somehow finding this for a low enough price - like 50% off kind of low, considering he'll be a good $250-300AUD+ around here - I might pick it up. But a Devastator-level, home-run, instant-buy Titan combiner, he certainly is not for me.
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948110)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 25th, 2018 @ 4:54am CDT
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948112)
Posted by angtre on March 25th, 2018 @ 5:33am CDT
The combined mode isn't so bad, even if it's missing the spiky knuckles.
The single components... meh. I'm quite fond of Divebomb, while the others don't convince me.
Maybe the problem this time is too much screen accuracy... a shame they didn't model the whole pack on their less blocky "Call of the primitives" appearance.
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948113)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on March 25th, 2018 @ 5:49am CDT
High quality images of a low quality toy. I couldn't wait for Hasbro's Predaking but after seeing those beast modes there is no way I'm gonna drop my hard earned money on that abomination. Look what they did to poor divebomb, that's supposed to be a bird? Slap some wheels on it & it looks more like a train car with wings. It looks like it's meant to be a piece of Energon Omega Supreme.

This is where Hasbro loses money to the 3rd party companies & the 3rd party companies lose money to the KO companies. Because I'm totally satisfied with Jinbao's oversized Ferel Rex.
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948121)
Posted by Qwan on March 25th, 2018 @ 6:37am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:To everyone their own (due to budget constraints) but I keep hearing everyone talking about waiting till these hit 50% (was the same story with the Combiner War sets). Don't you think that *this* behavior is part of what gets the box sets cancelled? Or end up with situations where folks miss out on the velocitron set because "oh it'll be around later"?

To some extent yeah, I'm sure that has an effect (though how large or small that effect might be is certainly debatable). In this case specifically though, I'm not going to pay full price for this toy because I just don't think it's worth that price. There is arguably a risk that if huge numbers of people buy this at steep discounts then stores might be more cautious carrying big Transformers like this in the future, but I'm not going to pay over what I think a figure is worth, just to support the possibility of getting something I do like later on.

Voting with one's wallet is tricky, because there's really only two choices on the ballot: "Buy" and "Don't Buy". The choice not to buy can be interpreted so many different ways by so many different entities, that it's impossible to be certain you're getting your actual point across (e.g. 'I don't like this particular Titan-class toy' compared to 'I don't like Titan-class toys in general and won't buy any of them'). The best we can do, IMO, is buy things for the price we think they deserve and let the rest sort itself out, since the actual business conclusions are so far out of our hands anyways.

As for missing out, that's almost certainly going to happen to me. A half-off sale on anything is all but inconceivable round these parts ("HUGE SALE! UP TO 15% OFF SELECTED ITEMS!!" is a common Australian sight), and that's if Predaking even shows up at the few retailers who a) carry Titans and b) don't still have Trypticon on their shelves. But again, if I don't see him for the price I want, ah well! Not a huge loss for me. 'Security markups' are all well and good - I paid an extra 20% to get TLK Scorn and Nitro the one time I found them, and don't regret it at all - but past a certain point it's just not worth it. (I also never got to obtain either of the TR box-sets despite wanting a few figs from each, so I've well and truly made my peace with missing out on big items.)

...Sorry for the huge writing, it's late here and I've been away from the boards for quite a while so I have a lot to say. The perfect storm for rambling, if you will. :oops:
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948124)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 25th, 2018 @ 6:57am CDT
Holy crap that PotP Predaking is NICE! It's also pretty genius that part of the torso is from both arms bots. I can also forgive the "leg backpack" on the bots so we have a kick-ass combined mode.

This is one set that I will not wait to be on sale. As soon that I see it in store:
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948126)
Posted by Emerje on March 25th, 2018 @ 7:24am CDT
My biggest concern with waiting is that without TRU these guys will basically only be available online for most of us. That means more competition for the online supply. Would be nice if Hasbro found another physical location to stock these like Sam's Club.

Emerje
Re: High Quality Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Predacons (1948131)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 25th, 2018 @ 7:54am CDT
Sam’s Club or Costco would be interesting. I could almost see Barnes & Noble stocking some. They’re not shy with some of their collectible prices.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise GRIMLOCK Hasbro Warrior Class Combiner Force NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "transformers ko oversized Combiner Wars Not Powerglide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars CW LIOKAISER Platinum Edition Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY