Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 3:06pm CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,582

For Immediate Release
November 23, 2011

THANKSGIVING DAY KICKS OFF ‘NAUGHTY OR NICE’ ONLINE EVENT ALLOWING FANS TO VOTE FOR TOP HERO AND VILLAIN

CHARACTER ON THE HUB TV NETWORK

Viewers’ Choices to be Featured in December Two-Hour Programming Event Accompanied by Special Call-In Sweepstakes

LOS ANGELES – Beginning Thanksgiving Day, November 24, fans of The Hub TV Network have the chance to help determine the network’s two-hour programming block on Sunday, December 18, from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. ET by voting online in the second annual “Naughty or Nice” viewers’ choice event.

Fans can go to http://www.hubworld.com/holiday to choose from a list of “Heroes,” “Friends,” “Villains,” and “Meanies” in a three-round bracket system that will result in the naming of the “Naughtiest” and the “Nicest” character on The Hub. The voting results will be revealed during a two-hour marathon on December 18, as the characters crowned the “Naughtiest” and the “Nicest” will be featured in two half-hour episodes each.

Additionally, The Hub will host a call-in sweepstakes during which viewers of the two-hour programming block on Sunday, December 18 will have the chance to win one of four prize packages, each consisting of a $2,500 cash card and a $1,000 donation to the charity of their choice. The toll-free, call-in number for the sweepstakes will be provided on-screen during the December 18 episodes which will reveal the two characters viewers will have voted to be the “Naughtiest” and the “Nicest.” Winners will be randomly selected from the phone calls that are received. For complete information and official rules visit http://www.hubworld.com/holiday and click the sweepstakes link. Participants must be six years old or older to enter and the sweepstakes is limited to legal residents of the 50 United States & D.C.

The nominees for the “Naughty or Nice” online event are as follows:

Heroes:
· Snake Eyes (“G.I. Joe Renegades”)
· Jem (“Jem and the Holograms”)
· Batman (“Batman The Animated Series”)
· Optimus Prime (“Transformers Prime”)

Friends:
· Pinkie Pie (“”My Little Pony Friendship is Magic”)
· Chris (“Dan Vs.”)
· Strawberry Shortcake (“Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures”)
· Cookie (“Pound Puppies”)

Villains:
· Megatron (“Transformers Prime”)
· Baroness (“G.I. Joe Renegades”)
· Joker (“Batman The Animated Series”)
· Discord (“My Little Pony Friendship is Magic”)

Meanies:
· McLeish (“Pound Puppies”)
· Dan (“Dan Vs.”)
· The Tick Monster (“R.L. Stine’s Haunting Hour: The Series”)
· Pizzazz (“Jem and the Holograms”)

THE HUB is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NASDAQ: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub lineup includes animated and live-action series, as well as specials, game shows, and family-favorite movies. The network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at http://www.hubworld.com. The Hub rebranded from Discovery Kids on October 10, 2010, and reaches approximately 61 million U.S. households. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.

Visit The Hub at http://www.hubworld.com for more videos, games and fun!

-- THE HUB --

Credit(s): The Hub

Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1316013)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on November 23rd, 2011 @ 4:21pm CST
Real quick because i'm curios when they “Batman The Animated Series” Do they mean Batman: The Animated Series circa 1992 or another one i don't know about?
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1316021)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 23rd, 2011 @ 4:43pm CST
Good question. As far as I know, the only Batman cartoon they have is Batman Beyond, meaning that unless they've aired the Return of the Joker movie, the only Joker to vote on would be Caesar Romero in the old Adam West BIFF POW ZOWIE Batman.

On top of that, all the Joe and TF characters will blur in votes from their G1/ARAH incarnations, much like the various Batmen...which is so confusing that I'll have to vote for Jem by default.
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1316035)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 23rd, 2011 @ 5:36pm CST
Optimus ain't doing so well in this vote. However, Megatron practically kicked Baroness's ass. I voted twice for him. :grin:
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1316059)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 23rd, 2011 @ 6:51pm CST
I have a feeling Pinkie and Discord are going to go far...
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1316142)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 23rd, 2011 @ 11:28pm CST
The ones I'd pick:

Heroes - Batman (Optimus is the worst character in thew show)
Friends - Pinkamena Diane Pie (Nuff said 8) )
Villains - Discord (dude is Q as a chimera. THAT. IS. AWESOME!)
Meanies - dunno (don't watch any of those)

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Real quick because i'm curios when they “Batman The Animated Series” Do they mean Batman: The Animated Series circa 1992
Yes. it's been on the Hub since September 6. No, I'm not confusing it with either Adam West's Batman or Batman Beyond (both of which are also on the Hub). The hub has a total of three Batman shows.

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I have a feeling Pinkie and Discord are going to go far...
Isn't it obvious? ;)
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1316205)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 24th, 2011 @ 7:17am CST
Guess I hadn't been paying attention; I had no idea they had Batman TAS.

If they can air so many shows owned by Warner, it's starting to seem strange that they're not airing the original Hanna Barbara Pound Puppies cartoon. Were the old MLP and Strawberry Shortcake by by HB too?
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1316594)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 25th, 2011 @ 12:34pm CST
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1316611)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2011 @ 2:02pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Can't say about the old SSC, but MLP G1 was definitely Hasbro. I lump it, Transformers G1, GI Joe, Inhumanoids and Jem and the Holograms into one semi-connected canon.
While the rest I can understand, I don't see how MLP G1 fits in. What's the connection (besides the scrapped idea from MLP G1 movie)?
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1316675)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 25th, 2011 @ 5:12pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

1. the scrapped idea.
2. Made by Hasbro and doesn't contradict anything.
3. I want to and it pleases me to. :P
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1316783)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 26th, 2011 @ 2:06am CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

1. the scrapped idea.
2. Made by Hasbro and doesn't contradict anything.
3. I want to and it pleases me to. :P
Aren't the art styles a bit different? :???:
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1317082)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 27th, 2011 @ 9:17am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

1. the scrapped idea.
2. Made by Hasbro and doesn't contradict anything.
3. I want to and it pleases me to. :P
Aren't the art styles a bit different? :???:

Not really, not that it matters. This is my fanon. I'm not forcing it on anyone. And again, it doesn't contradict anything from the other shows to include it. Therefore, I do.
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1317136)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 27th, 2011 @ 1:01pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

1. the scrapped idea.
2. Made by Hasbro and doesn't contradict anything.
3. I want to and it pleases me to. :P
Aren't the art styles a bit different? :???:

Out of curiosity, does (a human-populated) Earth exist in G1 MLP?
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1317202)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 27th, 2011 @ 4:53pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Out of curiosity, does (a human-populated) Earth exist in G1 MLP?

Yeah. In the first episode one of the Pegasi, Firefly, crosses over the rainbow-literally-and meets up with Megan SAVIOR OF WORLDS!!!!!!. And a few episodes later we meet her little brother Danny and little sister Molly.
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1317204)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 27th, 2011 @ 4:56pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:

So, it's set in another dimension or something?

How much do we get to see of Earth in that show?
Re: Hub TV News Release: "Thanksgiving Day Kicks Off 'Naughty or Nice' Viewers' Choice Event" (1317227)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 27th, 2011 @ 6:20pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:

So, it's set in another dimension or something?

How much do we get to see of Earth in that show?

Probably the best way to describe it. As for Earth... the ponies go to get Megan to help them with their eldrich abominations of the week in the first few episodes, but all we really see is around a stable and horses. My little 'pony' after all. But the vast majority of the time is in Ponyland and Dream Valley. For specifics, I direct you to here. Have fun storming the index! ;)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers: Titans Return - DABURU & TWINFERNO - MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH  AUTOBOT MUDFLAP   HASBRO 2011 BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG10 Arcee" on EBAY