IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information

Transformers News: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information

Sunday, September 10th, 2017 3:54AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,358

As we heard back at San Diego Comic Con 2017, the Hasbro Universe of IDW Publishing's comics is going to include big Transformers antagonist Unicron as of 2018, both part of the existing universe and as a 'solo' book of sorts . At this weekend's Hascon, we also got a teaser of the big bad, in planet-eating planet form, during a panel with Chris Ryall - check out the image below, and the snippet describing some more behind the inclusion of the character!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909805)
Posted by Va'al on September 10th, 2017 @ 3:58am CDT
I made this new thread to keep all Unicron information in going forward, given that he will also get a solo series and whatnot!

Information we have so far can be found here:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ike/38993/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... dcc/38998/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ers/39063/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ion/39487/
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909813)
Posted by Agent 53 on September 10th, 2017 @ 5:11am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909815)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 5:28am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909819)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 10th, 2017 @ 6:15am CDT
I had been looking forward to this event in the comics for a while, but having to wade through or totally avoid all these unnecessary crossovers, combined with the steadily declining quality of the TF stories, it might not even be worth it, especially if James Roberts has anything to do with the story.
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909858)
Posted by KingofVIZ on September 10th, 2017 @ 9:54am CDT
Who's that in front of Starscream?
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909861)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 10:10am CDT
KingofVIZ wrote:Who's that in front of Starscream?

Given the kibble - and marketing reasons - probably Arcee.
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909880)
Posted by Randomhero on September 10th, 2017 @ 11:30am CDT
Kurona wrote:Well, I guess they had to bring him back eventually. It was a good... *looks at watch* 4 years while it lasted, though.

Yes because Bumblebee was so poorly handled, poorly written, no character development, no real story development in the slightest. Oh wait that's been rodimus for the passed 5 years of IDW where we've had 3 or 4 occurrences where he's said "it's time to get serious, I need to be better" and then he sees a lightning bug and forgets everything he just said and starts chasing it.
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909881)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 11:31am CDT
???
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909884)
Posted by EunuchRon on September 10th, 2017 @ 11:34am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909885)
Posted by Randomhero on September 10th, 2017 @ 11:39am CDT
EunuchRon wrote:I'm not diggin the new look for the big U. He's all rocky and stuff, and what's with the asteroids for his ring? I always thought that was like his warp drive or somethin, the way it powers up in the movie after he ate Lithone.

It's one picture. There's no context at all.
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909888)
Posted by Microraptor on September 10th, 2017 @ 12:23pm CDT
BUMBLEBEE!!!

Oh how I've missed you.
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909906)
Posted by EunuchRon on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:44pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

It's one picture. There's no context at all.

Well, duh. I don't need no context to not like how it looks. :roll:
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909910)
Posted by Randomhero on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:58pm CDT
EunuchRon wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

It's one picture. There's no context at all.

Well, duh. I don't need no context to not like how it looks. :roll:

Yeah just judge that book by that cover. Ignorance is bliss and everything needs to be just like it was 30 years ago.
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909915)
Posted by EunuchRon on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:09pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909951)
Posted by Hans on September 10th, 2017 @ 3:25pm CDT
I was mildly interested until he mentioned that Mask, GI Joe, Rom, and all the other crap was going to be involved in this Unicron story as well. And did anyone notice the very painful silence after he tried to get everyone excited for it?
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909953)
Posted by YoungPrime on September 10th, 2017 @ 3:36pm CDT
A long awaited IDW Unicron story? Sure, h3ll yeah!

.....A Unicron story that continues to shoe horn in Hasbro's other struggling franchises instead keeping the focus on actual TRANSFORMERS?

NOPE!
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909957)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 3:43pm CDT
Hans wrote:And did anyone notice the very painful silence after he tried to get everyone excited for it?

'Painful' is the right word. Yeesht...
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909958)
Posted by YoungPrime on September 10th, 2017 @ 3:44pm CDT
EunuchRon wrote:Man, who peed in your cheerios? I said I didn't like the LOOK, as in the APPEARANCE. I never said nuthin about the story. Chill, bro!

To be honest the APPEARANCE looks like Planet EGO had a child by DOOMSDAY.

Too organic...

And I don't really care what the story is about if G.I.Joe, Rom and Mask have a part in what should be Galactic battle with no Earth restraints.

Have Arcee team up with Shipwreck and Rom to stop Cobra's Weather Dominator in one of THEIR comics!
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909959)
Posted by YoungPrime on September 10th, 2017 @ 3:54pm CDT
Agent 53 wrote:Does anyone else notice who's standing to the right of Optimus? I may be wrong but it looks like Bumblebee!

Fingers crossed that it's Sunstreaker since this Unicron hint comes at the end of First Strike.
Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Unicron Teaser and Information (1909961)
Posted by YoungPrime on September 10th, 2017 @ 4:04pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
EunuchRon wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

It's one picture. There's no context at all.

Well, duh. I don't need no context to not like how it looks. :roll:

OR....They could make a cover that reluctant readers actually like! How about that???! This Rocky looking Unicron reminds me of TF: Prime's version. I hated that lazy interpenetration of him that Bay seems to be following as well. And there's no good reason for it in the IDW-verse.

There's also no "ignorance" when you've been seen IDW crap the bed with majority of their crossover events in the first place! And this forced Hasbro-verse is not helping things in slightest either! So spare us the lame manipulation of "read it first" when common sense tells us otherwise!

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON LEOBREAKER with Cyber Planet Key New in Box - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 42 minutes 15 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON RID NEMESIS BREAKER Voyager Class Hasbro New Sealed 2006 - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 44 minutes 5 seconds
Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Beam Box Game System w/two figures ext - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 47 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Fortress Maximus Titan Class Figure New - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 58 minutes 30 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2015 Year of the Goat Platinum Edition MP-13 SOUNDWAVE Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 59 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2015 Year of the Goat Platinum Edition Laser Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 6 hours 59 minutes 56 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION G1 REISSUE CONEHEAD SEEKER RAMJET THRUST DIRGE SET - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 2 seconds
Transformers AOE Platinum Edition BREAKOUT BATTLE Rollbar+Vehicon+Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 6 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent