Transformers News: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons

Sunday, November 19th, 2017 5:50PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 16,202

Courtesy of our regular source of not entirely through the right channels news, Weibo account tf-factory, we have some scans of the instructions and cross-sell images for the Transformers: Power of the Primes line, and mostly its combiners. These are the images showing with limb is 'meant to' attach to which torso - from a purely marketing and distribution strategy, as the scramble city deployment is still in effect with this line, and you can make up your gestalt with whomever you choose, of course.

From the looks of it, the Terrorcons almost get a dedicated schematic, with Inferno and Moonracer joining Cutthroat, Sinnertwin and Blot, while Hun-Gurr, Sinnertwin and Rippersnapper hang out with Duocons Blackwing and Dreadwind; Grimlock is then joined by Jazz and Dreadwind, while Slug and Swoop go out on a limb; Starscream so far includes Jazz, Slug, Dreadwind and Swoop; and Elita-1 is joined by Dinobots Sludge and Snarl, plus Jazz and Moonracer. Check it all out below, along with an extra shot of Dreadwind's instruction sheet.

Credit(s): Weibo tf-factory

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922687)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 19th, 2017 @ 6:20pm CST

Note that some are from the European versions, with the Dutch still as horrific as ever :lol:
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922688)
Posted by bacem on November 19th, 2017 @ 6:26pm CST
And now we get the video review of windcharger.

personally, i don't mind his head actually, it doesn't look that bad. And he actually looks fun to transform too.
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922692)
Posted by Rysquad on November 19th, 2017 @ 7:10pm CST
o.supreme wrote:So, I went to a local Target yesterday. I had already seen the new PotP deluxes (well 2 of them), at the one near a mall where I live, but the Brickfinder app said they were now out of stock, but another store across town had them.

When I got to Target, I basically just wanted to show them to my son, since he understands we are waiting on :TAKARATOMY: . However when I got there, they were advertising a 25% off ONE DAY sale on all toys, so I figured for that proce, what the heck, we can get a couple. The pegs were filled to capacity however wit that awful wave 4 revision.

I waited a while to try to find an employee I thought would be competent/understanding enough to look in the back for me. One employee actually asked if he could help me, then I made my request. He then referred me to the "toy expert" (some guy stocking shelves that didn't even have anything indicating he was a Target employee)...

I asked him, explaining fully that these were NEW Transformers that were probably in the stock room. He just dismissed me with a "nope were cleaned out..." WTF??? Your shelves are full of deluxes that aren't moving at 25% off...that should tell you something right there.

My wife said I should have asked a manager. I probably should have, but I was so upset at the time I said screw it. If they don't want my money, I don't have time for them.

Bad customer service aside....I do hope that we see a fan-mode sometime that is able to integrate slash somehow into Volcanicus whether as part of him, or as an accessory.

Also I still think there is a chance we will get the rest of the members for the Starscream, Inferno, and Elita-1 teams in later waves. If we get a minimum of 5 waves in this line (really hoping for 6), then that's at least 10-12 deluxes that have not been revealed yet, enough to finish those other teams. I mean I'd rather have Piranacon and Monstructor (or Dinoking) in later waves...but I'm actually hoping they are made into box sets, and the rest of the regular deluxes come as regular retail.

Did you bring up the DPCI number at all?
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922693)
Posted by Rysquad on November 19th, 2017 @ 7:14pm CST
SpikeyTigertron wrote:Have any Titan Masters, Voyagers, or Leaders been seen in the US yet? Strikes me as strange that the deluxe would trickle out first.

Haven't seen them yet.
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922715)
Posted by Va'al on November 19th, 2017 @ 8:32pm CST
Once more via fellow Seibertronian bacem, we have a video review of the third member of the Autobot side of the first wave of Transformers Power of the Prime appearing at US retail this week: Windcharger! An old favourite of previous toylines, namely Reveal the Shield with the Scout class gems, then again to less success in Combiner Wars, Windcharger had a small spotlight in the IDW comics prior to the Dark Cybertron event (as a member of the [strike]X-Men[/strike] Outliers helping Orion Pax), and is now back in plastic form in this new toyline.

Compatible with Prime Masters and Titan Masters alike, you can check out the clip embedded below, via YouTube reviewer Long's Toys. Reviews of fellow Legend class wavemates Beachcomber and Slash can be found back in this news post here, too. Enjoy!

Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922721)
Posted by Rated X on November 19th, 2017 @ 9:30pm CST

Damn that sucks. Next time do what I did. Dont tell them what the item is....just give them the DCPI code and let them type it in their little gizmo thing they carry. It worked for both deluxes and legends for me and both times they went to the back and pulled them.
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922722)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 19th, 2017 @ 9:32pm CST
Does Blackwing do anything different than the original Aerialbot? In Dreadwind's instructions there's no mention of the double combination.

Also what is this Brickstreet app and is it Android compatible
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922723)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on November 19th, 2017 @ 9:34pm CST
Yo yo. Real quick guys.

I was just adding my sightings to the sightings section, and noticed there was a Rippersnapper sighting.

Can we, like, get some confirmation, here? I have a hard time believing that someone found him already.
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922724)
Posted by Rysquad on November 19th, 2017 @ 9:36pm CST
Rated X wrote:

This is where I play dumb.

"Hey I didn't see any left out on the floor but if gave you the DPCI could you see if you have more in the back?"

Most of the time, these folks only care about getting an item out to you. They don't care what the item is.
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922727)
Posted by Emerje on November 19th, 2017 @ 10:02pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:"Duocon" Dreadwing? I guess every two-piece Decepticon combo is a "Duocon" now. :roll:

So Dreadwing is a Duocon, but Dreadwind and Blackwing aren't? And does that mean Dreadwing has its own combiner-like conscience? I always thought of them as being like pilot and co-pilot.

Emerje
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922734)
Posted by Rysquad on November 19th, 2017 @ 10:40pm CST

Keeping them out.
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922748)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 19th, 2017 @ 11:29pm CST
Rysquad wrote:
Rated X wrote:

This is where I play dumb.

this is the reason why i dont spend so much time hunting for them at stores most of the time they skip over waves or never carry certain class sizes, if i just happen to come across ones im looking for then great like sometimes if im near a store ill pop in for a quick look sometimes i get lucky like yesterday i was at walgreens in salem and found the clone two pack then down the steet was a toys r us and found the chaos on velocirton set i havent been that lucky in a long time
any way i find it easier to just get the figs online less of a fuss ;)
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922749)
Posted by Va'al on November 19th, 2017 @ 11:33pm CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Yo yo. Real quick guys.

I can confirm this was a mistake on our part: a technofinger slipped, and we haven't amended it yet. Thanks for the heads up!
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922762)
Posted by Rysquad on November 20th, 2017 @ 1:15am CST

Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922785)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 20th, 2017 @ 8:54am CST
Rysquad wrote:Loving Slash. Only one flaw for me. Loving the Titan/Prime Master compatibility. Reminds me of the Diaclone pilots. But hate how they don't "sit" properly with the knee bend.

I'm loving Slash as well. I don't mind the seat positioning. My only concern is the cover for the cockpit. Because 1) clear plastic and 2) Wolfwire.
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922792)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 20th, 2017 @ 9:48am CST
Yeah, I'm holding my breath waiting for the names of the upcoming combiners. Not sure why that's so important to me, but it is.

I'll chime in with my own brief reviews of the deluxe wave. I've been really impressed by them. Engineering and deco all seems to be above average. Gimmick is fun but doesn't get in the way. Head sculpts all spot on. I like the new gestalt fists. None seem cheap/KO or like they are trying to spare plastic too much (e.g. waffling) Sizes look good.

I thought Slag looked stiff in all the reviews, but you can pop his neck up and away from the body. Looks significantly better. No complaints after that.

Only real complaint, I'd love it if Jazz could be the original car, but I know there are licensing issues. That taken into account (and knowing their hands are tied) they came through with a pretty G1 looking bot mode in spite of it. Curious to see what they repaint Jazz into.
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922797)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 20th, 2017 @ 9:58am CST
Wouldn't it be nice if they just put out all the combiners for s single set at one time, rather then mix it up like this
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922805)
Posted by bodrock on November 20th, 2017 @ 10:19am CST
The jury is still out for me & Jazz, but I love Slash & Beachcomber!<!-- ia2 -->IMG_8706.JPG<!-- ia2 --><!-- ia1 -->IMG_8702.JPG<!-- ia1 --><!-- ia0 -->IMG_8703.JPG<!-- ia0 -->
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922809)
Posted by ebo716 on November 20th, 2017 @ 10:23am CST
gothsaurus wrote: Curious to see what they repaint Jazz into.

My money is on Braver/Lightspeed from the brainmasters.
Re: Instruction Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Combiners: Starscream, Elita-1, Terrorcons (1922814)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 20th, 2017 @ 10:49am CST
ebo716 wrote:
gothsaurus wrote: Curious to see what they repaint Jazz into.

My money is on Braver/Lightspeed from the brainmasters.

Now this would be cool. I'm waiting on a Leader Star Saber and a combining Road Caesar!!!

On another brought up note, I would like a seeker combiner. That would be pretty awesome! King Scream/MegaScream and the seeker armada. Though who would be left out of the 3 coneheads and 3 original seekers would be interesting. Dreadwind makes for a good conehead basis.

I'm excited for Slash, Beach, and Windcharger. Windcharger looks pretty good, and while I would have preferred his earlier toy, this one is good to me. Beachcomber looks pretty awesome, and Slash is adorable. I may just keep her in raptor mode beside Volcanicus, kinda like having Volcanicus as Rexy from Jurassic World and Slash as Blue, and have them fight Predaking like that final fight!!!

Also just realized why Scorn was the only new dinobot mold in TLK: the other 6 were all getting new PotP toys, makes sense. Maybe my deluxe Scorn will go join my PotP dinobots and leave his voyager self on the movie shelf.

I actually think Jazz looks good, and I do need a generations Jazz. Combining him, the plane brothers, screamer, and others like them are questionable, but I'm kinda hoping for that Artfire/Stepper/3 other guys combiner from Takara. Maybe Artfire and Stepper will combine with Braver, Laster, and Blacker to give us a new Road Caesar!!!
Transformers products from AMAZON