Saturday, June 27th, 2015 9:04pm CDT

Category: Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,607

Our Japan correspondent Matt has reported that, like clockwork, the new TAV figures are now in Japan and has offered us some in hand shots with both sides of the box.

These particular figures were found at Yamada Denki, two days before Toys R Us releases them in their stores.

Matt in Japan

These were the retail prices:

TAV VS 03 Strongarm vs Phantomjaw : 3825 Yen = 30.94$US

TAV 18 Drift: 2125 Yen = 17.19$US

TAV 20 Adams: 1105 Yen = 9.94$US

Transformers News: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail

Credit(s): Matt in Japan

This article was last modified on Saturday, June 27th, 2015 9:06pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1703815)
Posted by william-james88 on June 27th, 2015 @ 9:06pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Those pictures...

It's fixed !
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1703826)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 27th, 2015 @ 9:34pm CDT
Where's his tramp stamp?
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1703832)
Posted by prjkt on June 27th, 2015 @ 9:46pm CDT
I knew I wanted Strongarm, was tossing up whether to get the two pack with the Steeljaw repaint or not, 'cause I wouldn't mind his original deco, but decided to just get Strongarm on her own. she's in my private warehouse at HLJ until G2 Bee drops
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1703838)
Posted by PrymeStriker on June 27th, 2015 @ 10:31pm CDT
Speaking of TAV Strongarm, she too arrived early than expected yesterday, the day after I received Bumblebee. I wasn't supposed to get either of them until mid-July, so for them to show up one after the other not even a week after I ordered them was an amazing great surprise. And like Bumblebee, she's a great figure with a fun transformation and amazing paint job. They're two figures I'm actually glad I bought as of recent months.
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1703881)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 28th, 2015 @ 4:16am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Just clarifying......is that a typo? 60154 Yen?

I answered you prevously here http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/takara-tomy-transformers-legends-thread-t101179s2200.php#p1703676

Just wanted to let you know that your question was not ignored. Yes, it was a typo, the shipping SAL was 6,154, so I said why not just pay 5$ more and get it right away.

#-o Mixed up the threads. Ooops!
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1703944)
Posted by william-james88 on June 28th, 2015 @ 10:07am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Just clarifying......is that a typo? 60154 Yen?

#-o Mixed up the threads. Ooops!

No worries :D

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Where's his tramp stamp?

Right here (pic courtesy of Matt in japan):

Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704305)
Posted by Va'al on June 29th, 2015 @ 1:06pm CDT
User catz on fellow fansite TFW2005 has unearthed a list of upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure line figures, though with very little information aside from the titles and codes - so feel free to take all of this as fuel for the speculation engines!

What seems to show up are a number of not-entirely-surprising possible redecos of existing figures in the line, including a new Grimlock (an addition to Gold Armour Grimlock?), One-Step Drift and Fracture, some additional Q Transformers redecos.. and the unexpected Black Shadow and Rumble and Frenzy packs. Take a look below and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

TAV30 Battle Grimlock (about 4500 yen)
TAV31 Black Shadow
TAV32 Rumble & Frenzy (about 3500 yen)
TED13 Drift
TED14 Fracture

QT32 Black Megatron
QT33 Black Convoy
QTC01H Hello Kitty Halloween Edition
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704311)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 29th, 2015 @ 1:13pm CDT
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704314)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 29th, 2015 @ 1:25pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Is Japan finally getting Generations Sky Shadow? If so, why not in the Legends line?

No room? They did say Legends is diverging, so...

And the TED Drift and Fracture are the One-Steps, the Deployers are in the main TAV line instead, as "Micron Shooters"
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704420)
Posted by Emerje on June 29th, 2015 @ 8:14pm CDT
Rumble and Frenzy is interesting. The price is probably with tax and too low for United Rumble and Frenzy (3,888JPY) and only a little more than two of what we call Legends class (¥3,456 taxed). Most likely it's a repaint of some Legends class figures, I doubt it's a new mold.

If it does turn out to be the United set expect some remolding to give a TAV sticker a flat surface.

Emerje
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704687)
Posted by Va'al on June 30th, 2015 @ 1:48pm CDT
We have seen some images from the Tokyo Toy Show of the upcoming Takara Tomy offering for Transformers Adventure TAV-21 Optimus Prime, with trailer storage and some impressive articulation - we now also have, thanks to TFYuki on Twitter, a closer, clearer shot of this good looking bot as it goes on sale tomorrow (July). Check it out below!

Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704692)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:09pm CDT
Optimus does look cool. Just wish he had a Hasbro release.... :BOT:
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704694)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:19pm CDT
I agree, I don't know why we have to suffer the 5 step brick garbage, when hasbro could get their hands on this; it looks way better, would probably appeal more to kids, and it interacts with the other figures better. Or can they? Was this done in-house by TT and is thus not available for use by hasbro, TT obviously doesn't want too much of the easy brick trash, so :???:
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704697)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:24pm CDT
I like how its posed in such an awesome way that hides the hollow legs.

I mean, its cool and I probably will get it, but the hollowness is a little disapointing. I mean, I would have paid a little bit more to have a figure without gaps. Especially from Takara.
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704700)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:29pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:I like how its posed in such an awesome way that hides the hollow legs.

The hollow shins is for the trailer function of the figure when it is in truck mode. That's kind of the selling point..........trailer that can carry TAV or TED class figures. Remove the hollowness, then no can carry anything.

Same can be said for Godginrai/PM OPtimus prime. Had hollow shins too.
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704702)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:31pm CDT

Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704762)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 30th, 2015 @ 4:34pm CDT

Also, I wonder. How come Takara didnt engeneered some panels that fold up to cover the gaps? Look easy enough to do so.

Anyway, I'm still glad I preordered mine!
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704765)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 30th, 2015 @ 4:43pm CDT
quote="Hellscream9999"]
Well, I mean, isn't the trailer functional on this figure? As in you can load other figures into it; I think that that is a very acceptable reason to have hollow legs. And why is this such a major issue anyways, figures have had hollow bits for decades, sure this may be 'over the top' but this purely for functional reasons.[/quote]

fenrir72 wrote:

Same can be said for Godginrai/PM OPtimus prime. Had hollow shins too.

lol. you guys.

It just floors me how much there is of TAKARA=Good, HASBRO=bad. The trailer is a selling point?? Really?

-Kanrabat- wrote:I'm sure a 3rd Party will come up with an upgrade kit made out of panels to cover the gaps. Panels that can pop on and off easely, of course.

Anyway, I'm still glad I preordered mine!

Yes I agree Kanrabat, it seemed liked a simple thing to do. I mean, it's just panels. You can't see it straight on, but man...is it noticeable when you do see it.

I mean, really. I think it's fair to point out that this is a failing of the design. If there was some panels in the original design, I would not hesitate to buy this...however, as it is I really cant say this is a must buy. And guys, thats all Takara.

Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704768)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 30th, 2015 @ 4:49pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Well, I mean, isn't the trailer functional on this figure? As in you can load other figures into it; I think that that is a very acceptable reason to have hollow legs. And why is this such a major issue anyways, figures have had hollow bits for decades, sure this may be 'over the top' but this purely for functional reasons.

fenrir72 wrote:

Same can be said for Godginrai/PM OPtimus prime. Had hollow shins too.

lol. you guys.

Anyway, I'm still glad I preordered mine!

It's not which company is good or bad, it's about their offerings being good or bad, TT's optimus is awesome, hasbros only equivalent is either the deluxe (which TT is using, so) or the giant brick one; I just wanted to know why hasbro did not or could not use this figure.

As for the trailer being a feature, of course it is, it has been since G1 when kids could load up magnus, or o/p and play with them; same as rid2000, and masterpiece and cw magnus...you can say it isn't a feature, but we'd flip if it couldn't >:oP

As for the panels, they would be kinda large, where would they go, and how would they get there? Would they fold down from the bottom of the ceiling, flip around from the exterior sides?
Re: June Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure toys available and found at Japan retail (1704783)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 30th, 2015 @ 5:20pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:quote="Hellscream9999"]

fenrir72 wrote:

Same can be said for Godginrai/PM OPtimus prime. Had hollow shins too.

lol. you guys.

Anyway, I'm still glad I preordered mine!

But I digress. Too many of you cant see them as a real company that makes mistakes so. Whatever.[/quote]

The "Upsized" TAV version which can carry other cars not the selling point? So what makes this different from the domestic releases? Ohhh, they, the other Optimus' of the TAV line are all weenie sizes that can't "carry" any other figure when in truck mode.

If following your logic, you'd be getting an upsized "lazy" mold of Optimus for the sake of it? I'm getting this for the added interactivity and functionality not found in the other TAV Optimus'.

This has nothing to do with Tomy being good or bad :roll: . Well, the good is that it IS being released by TT for the Japan market and not by Hasbro worldwide.That was never the issue. Seems like some are just complaining or looking for issues when there is NO issue at all. Just like the posing by TFYuki over Arcee.

Just pushing the point, if the shins are whole and not hollow, how then where will you park/carry the other Autobot cars in trailer mode? Add extra folding panels? Then we'll be hearing complaints that the figure is waaaaaaaaaay too expensive. Like it or not, TT is also aiming to keep certain figures in a certain SRP. I don't need to be an engineer to figure that out and you seem to see that all TT does is make mistakes. Whatever. >:oP

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY