Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image

Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image

Friday, May 4th, 2012 6:10pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 47,153

The folks over on the Planet Iacon facebook page have posted a prototype image of Macau's upcoming SD Ultra Magnus. Macau also produced the SD Optimus Prime and Victory Sabre that were officially endorsed and sold at Wonderfest. Check him out below.

Credit(s): Planet Iacon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377010)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on May 4th, 2012 @ 6:29pm CDT
Face it...You didn't even focus on the TF toy first, instead you stared at the background ;) :roll:

Anyway. Looks kind of wierd. I've never been a SD fan
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377017)
Posted by REMINATOR on May 4th, 2012 @ 6:53pm CDT
I think it's fabulous! He shall be mine if it gets made. He'll be my new favorite SD figure, look out Myclone UMagnus, eheh
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377018)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on May 4th, 2012 @ 6:53pm CDT
Aah, so that SD Optimus was a Wondefest exclusive, bummer, probably means he's a garage kit too, the coverage had me assume that he was mass released, well, as mass as a 3rd party product can get. :oops:
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377026)
Posted by Swindle01 on May 4th, 2012 @ 7:41pm CDT
seriously wtf is the point in these crappy things? whats japans obession with huge heads on tiny bodies? it was a crappy idea 10 years ago and its still a crappy idea now

i just dont understand why waste time money and rescoures on this stuff when they could make so many better things
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377028)
Posted by synthetik on May 4th, 2012 @ 7:56pm CDT
Honto ni honto kawaii

Reminds me of my exgirlfriend's kid dressed in a magnus costume.
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377032)
Posted by _shaddow_ on May 4th, 2012 @ 8:04pm CDT
Swindle01 wrote:My opinions are facts

Oh boy, here we go. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are crap. If you can't accept the fact that there is a market for that and that people have different tastes, might as well not reply on this topic, shoudln't you ? I don't see the interest.
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377033)
Posted by budmaloney on May 4th, 2012 @ 8:26pm CDT
I like them and I like SD Magnus.

By why did they cut out Freedom?
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377035)
Posted by Aluus on May 4th, 2012 @ 8:33pm CDT

Will the SD Magnus transform some how? THAT is the real question.
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377038)
Posted by Erailea on May 4th, 2012 @ 8:55pm CDT
It's cute!

Sadly I saw a video of the Optimus one on Youtube and the thing is all looks and nothing else. The joints suck. They're super loose and fall off easily.
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377039)
Posted by budmaloney on May 4th, 2012 @ 8:58pm CDT
Aluus wrote:Unless i'm mistaken, that's the Strike Freedom. Also, no, i didn't notice the background figures til they were mentioned. I focused on the Gundam... anyway...

Will the SD Magnus transform some how? THAT is the real question.

Negative kind sir, it's Freedom's
Don't mean to correct u in a jerk kinda way ^_^ I just know cause I painted a Freedom model, the model kit was crap tho, they broke constantly. And I wasn't even playing with them, just poses. So I gave up on their overpriced stuff. Tf always had more durable stuff anyways. Granted the other guys are model kits, but pricey.

Image <== Freedom's Lupus

Image <=== Strike Freedom's

What's cool is that Justice's is also the same as Freedom

They tend to recycle when they can.
A bit of Gundam trivia

Back to TF

And that would be epic if Magnus transformed, a little SD transport, to transport minibots.
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377052)
Posted by Heckfire on May 4th, 2012 @ 10:38pm CDT
2012 is looking like the Year of Magnus. I bet he can deal with it NOW, LOL
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377055)
Posted by Shadowstream on May 4th, 2012 @ 10:45pm CDT
Identifying the barrel of a weapon that's barely in frame, belonging to one of 2 possible SEED era Gundams, neither of which I could care less about solely because it comes from that loathsome era... as apposed to, y'know, talking about the chibi Magnus that the image focuses on... or the things behind him?

Not a big fan of SD stuff like this, but I can dig it. Nice sculpting all around too.
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377366)
Posted by Kibble on May 6th, 2012 @ 9:43am CDT
These look pretty cool, but they're not really TFs...more like Lego bobbleheads without the bobble...there's little transforming and a lot of taking apart and putting back together, and not even using all the same parts. Not to mention you have to put them all together from scratch and paint them yourself..and what's more, I don't think they even include all the parts needed to assemble them. I think you have to provide some of your own ball joints or some business.
Re: Macau SD Ultra Magnus Prototype Image (1377463)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 6th, 2012 @ 6:26pm CDT
I'm, uh, more interested in the fine pieces of art in the back than I am with UM...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 80 84 Devastator Constructicon Scrapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY