More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project

More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project

Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017 1:59pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,102

It looks like there are more job opening over at Boulder Media - the Ireland-based animation company working on the Hasbro Micronauts and Transformers projects, including Rescue Bots Academy. If 2D Props and Concept designs are your cup of tea, why not try applying? Read the descriptions below!

Boulder Media are looking to hire for the role of Props Designer to join Transformers Production.

Responsibilities include:

The Props Designer will work to a brief provided by the Production Management.
They will report to the Art Director and take feedback/ noted form the Art Director as required.
The brief will be provided on a per episode basis and will comprise both the content necessary to be designed and also a reasonable time allowance to complete the work.
Any difficulties in understanding the requirements of the brief must be reported as soon as possible and all work must be submitted to Production Management for approval from the show’s director.
Amendments or revisions may be required which will be factored into subsequent work briefings.
The Prop Designer is responsible for ensuring all naming conventions are followed and proper file management is followed.

Person Specification:

Comfortable in working to tight deadlines.
You must have excellent drawing skills with a great sense of colour and a flair for designing Sci-Fi, vehicles and weaponry.
Strong communication skills.
A good working knowledge of Toonboom Harmony is not necessary but would be a distinct advantage when applying.

Boulder Media is an equal opportunities employer.

Boulder Media are looking to hire Concept Designers to join our Transformers Production.

Responsibilities include:

Work with the Art Director to help establish a consistent visual direction.
Develop inspiring concept designs for locations, props and effects.
Provide information to storyboards and BG Key Department.
Assemble influential research and reference material.
Work effectively with the Art Director so that they are aware of Production concerns and issues dealing with creating concept art.
Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, on schedule.

Person Specification:

Extensive Knowledge of Photoshop.
Strong knowledge of colour, lighting, atmosphere and overall composition.
Knowledge of 3D modeling is a plus.
An excellent understanding of whole animation production process.
Exceptional drawing skills.
A broad range of drawing styles.
Excellent communication, visual storytelling and written skills.
Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines.
Task driven, self-motivated and proactive.
Must be open to direction and can visually interpret other people’s ideas.
Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced production.

Credit(s): Boulder Media

Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901702)
Posted by Va'al on August 3rd, 2017 @ 2:39pm CDT
The major news from the Hasbro Investor day webcall, which took place today in Burbank rather than Rhode Island, and to which we were able to listen once it was over, has revealed the next animated project (the one being developed by Boulder Media, alongside Rescue Bots Academy) that will follow Transformers: Robots in Disguise - Transformers: Cyberverse!

Divided into chapters - Chapter One and Chapter Two were mentioned, airing in 2018 and 2019 respectively - it will serve as a prequel of sorts, focusing on the characters and the Transformers mythology from a remastered version of Generation One (as seen many times before, but most recently in the Busy Book images) that will possibly lead into the animated feature (also confirmed in the webcall, and which we first reported on here). Hasbro have also just uploaded the slides used during the call, so we have images to share with you too!

Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901729)
Posted by o.supreme on August 3rd, 2017 @ 4:10pm CDT
I really try not to judge something based on day one information, but my instincts have not been wrong (with the exception of Machinima's CW series), at least for my personal preferences.

My personal History since being online are as such-, again these are just my own opinions, which proves that for me personally, my own feelings about whether I ultimately like something or not, are usually based on first impressions

Beast Wars-Thought the toys looked goofy at first, no predisposed opinion of the show, gave it a chance, ended up liking it.

BWII- Liked the toys, liked the show

BW Neo- thought the toys were a notch down from BWII, liked the show much less than BWII

Beast Machines -Had a bad feeling, turned out to be right, hated it

Car Robots/RiD - Loved the Idea, Really liked the show (though I admit I liked the Japanese CR better)

Armada
-Didn't look good initially-I ended up not liking it

Energon- Looked slightly better than Armada, was proven right to myself, liked it slightly better than Armada

Cybertron
- Disjointed continuity along with CN god awful out-of-sequence episode order, and erratic timeslots, made me not even care

TFA
-hated it from the first press release, was right for the most part, S3 stories won me over a bit, but I never warmed up to the awful look of the show

Prime- Loved it from the first press release, It is now my 2nd favorite Transformers series of all time.

RiD15- was apprehensive at first. Turned out to be ok, but definitely several steps down from TFP

CW-Machinima -basically this is a case of false advertising. I thought we were going to get a fully animated series called Combiner Wars, not a poorly animated, hack production, that had little to do with Combiners, or characters at all in general.

Now, my first impressions of Cyberverse based on what it *claims* to be are very positive. There has never been a true retelling of the original series, and this could be quite well done. The switch to a lesser known production studio (Boulder Media) makes me a bit hesitant after the whole Machinima fiasco. If future seasons (chapters) have the opportunity to explore Beast Wars and the like, I'm all for it.

I was thrilled to hear Hasbro finally is going to be producing Transformers animated films again. Bummed they are based on the Movieverse though :( .
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901752)
Posted by Kurona on August 3rd, 2017 @ 6:45pm CDT

There's nothing wrong with a new G1 cartoon series in and of itself - and there's certainly nothing here to suggest its quality one way or the other so it can't possibly be judged - but when I saw the letter 'G' and the number '1' the only reaction I could possibly have was "Again???"
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901756)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 3rd, 2017 @ 7:17pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Much as I love G1, I'm a bit sick of seeing it everywhere. We've got the IDW comics, we've got Machinima, we've got an entire toyline devoted to G1 updates, we've got a lot of non-G1 stuff being based on G1 anyway - including RiD 2015 veering more towards G1 lately despite its more original roots - and we get a £150 titan-class G1 figure every year.

to be honest as big of a generation one fan as i am i would rather see a continuation of season 4 rebirth
like it was meant to be not a whole re telling of the very begining, but although if a re telling of the G1 story is happening i hope they do good on story telling and quality animation ;)
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901767)
Posted by Deadput on August 3rd, 2017 @ 8:24pm CDT

The most that G1 should influence is a few G1 characters and designs inspired by the originals and maybe a couple of concepts but I would love more original characters like how Rid does it except maybe a little less of them so their meaningful and actually important to the show unlike a certain wolf pack from rid.
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901782)
Posted by dbwells on August 3rd, 2017 @ 10:16pm CDT
As long as they have noses, I'm good. >:oP
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901784)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 3rd, 2017 @ 10:23pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Yum can I have more of that stale 32 year old G1 bread? I love eating the same loaf all these years and I'm totally not poisoned and sick of it... :SICK:

you mean like the unicron trilogy ;)^
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901787)
Posted by Deadput on August 3rd, 2017 @ 10:29pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:you mean like the unicron trilogy ;)^

I guess but it should have good writing like Beast Wars.

It doesn't have to be dark and edgy for "adults" heck look how dull Prime was since that show was never allowed to have fun or how some people hate the live action films.

I just hope we don't get anything like the Machinima show.
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901791)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 3rd, 2017 @ 10:49pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:you mean like the unicron trilogy ;)^

I guess but it should have good writing like Beast Wars.

I just hope we don't get anything like the Machinima show.

Dull? I loved Prime... :(

In general, though. Some character designs are too classics to ignore, but Generations has been awesome, and I don't really want to be buy two separate sets of G1-Updates at the same time. I would love a well-written G1-story, though.
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901793)
Posted by Zeedust on August 3rd, 2017 @ 10:56pm CDT
Animated had some pretty heavy G1 influence, and it still managed to be fresh and vibrant. I'm worried about Cyberverse, but I won't abandon all hope just yet.

RBA not being for another two years is ludicrous, especially since it'll be the only thing left that isn't G1 or Bayformers.
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901806)
Posted by Deadput on August 3rd, 2017 @ 11:31pm CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Dull? I loved Prime... :(

I see why people love the show but Prime is absolutely lifeless in the show and I don't mean in a lack of new robot characters.

Where were the civilians? Why were all the locations all barren and abandoned...even that one time they went to new york they only met one human in the whole episode? Why was the show nothing but relic hunts, no change of status quo and characters with either zero or consistently resetted character development?

The new Rid show might be a little boring but at least it has life and humans running around on Earth like they should.
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901807)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on August 3rd, 2017 @ 11:32pm CDT
This is exactly what I hoped for.

But some people can't be happy unless they are constantly complaining about something, or in some cases, everything!
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901813)
Posted by Emerje on August 4th, 2017 @ 12:00am CDT
puzzler.jpg

Oops. Bandai paid off the photographer. ;)

I wonder, do comic fans complain about getting the same comic characters over and over again like Transformers fans do? "JLU again?" "More Avengers?" I feel like I don't hear these things nearly as much as Transformers fans say, "G1 again?"

Emerje
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901849)
Posted by Kurona on August 4th, 2017 @ 6:08am CDT
It's more or less because before 2007, Transformers was always re-inventing the wheel. Rather than a handful of iconic characters like Optimus and Starscream, each new iteration of Transformers would have a completely new slew of characters. The 2007 Movie - ironically - changed that, and then we got Animated and TFP going primarily for G1 re-inventions rather than the more original casts we had in, say, Cybertron and Beast Wars.

Context matters -- unlike Marvel or DC or a lot of other things, it's simply always been in this franchise's nature for a new series to not be a re-invention of a previous one and instead go for something new, and most especially now there are older fans who grew up with Armada or Beast Wars who yearn for and have nostalgia for those and not G1. So it's a bit maddening to see G1 paid homage to again in place of something new, especially when fans of G1 have a huge amount of options these days.

DC fans will always have known and grown up with the like of Supergirl, Aquaman and Raven. Depending on their era, Transformers fans will have grown up with Sunstreaker, Ravage and Dirge; some will have grown up with Rattrap, Terrorsaur and Airazor; and some will have grown up with Hot Shot, Tidal Wave and Sideways.
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901869)
Posted by bluecatcinema on August 4th, 2017 @ 7:55am CDT
Prequels aren't usually my style, but Cyberverse sounds interesting.
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901876)
Posted by ScottyP on August 4th, 2017 @ 7:59am CDT

And make a new character or two. Or twelve. Get creative.

Though maybe the actual ideal is to just rip off the recent Bandai/Sunrise strategy with Gundam and run completely new stuff (IBO) alongside blatant but pretty original series fanwank (Unicorn somewhat, Thunderbolt, Twilight Axis), while saving the "universe" wackiness for a downright awesome web series (Build Fighters)
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901907)
Posted by o.supreme on August 4th, 2017 @ 9:42am CDT
Kurona wrote:Much as I love G1, I'm a bit sick of seeing it everywhere.

First off, as you all know I really don't like the fan made term that is often used to describe the Original Series. Star Trek fans do no refer to the original series as G1, and neither do I for Transformers.

All semantics aside, a proper retelling or continuation of the original series has never been done. Sure the Prime Wars Trilogy toys are great, but you still have two and sometimes three other toy lines going along with it, so there is no lack of originality there.

To me IDW comics is NOT the Original Series, especially now that you have characters from all different continuities coming in at random, for no apparent reason, its this multi-universal singularity mess that...just is what it is.

and Machinima was DEFINITLY not the Original Series...it was just something I'd rather forget...

Now I do realize that Cyberverse wont be TOS either, but it may be the closest thing to it since the original, which gives me hope. Its just that with a new production company, there is a bit of hesitation on my part as to what the quality of it will be. Also when I speak of the original continuity, I include Beast Wars, and (lamentably) Beast Machines as well, as through writing, they have been tied in directly to the original Sunbow animated series.

Now like others have stated, I would actually prefer something set in that original universe (which we've never had before). Gundam does it in Japan. From time to time, after making several series set in other original settings, they will return to the UC. Hasbro has never done this for Transformers, which is a shame, but I figure Cyberverse may be the closest thing we ever get to that, so I just hope its good.
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901909)
Posted by o.supreme on August 4th, 2017 @ 9:45am CDT
ScottyP wrote:I wouldn't mind a happy medium - base it in a G1-esque universe but do like IDW and use whoever you please from whatever continuity.

And make a new character or two. Or twelve. Get creative.

Funny I posted my last comment before reading yours. Yes Gundam does it right by providing original content and going back to the UC well. Btw...you may call Unicorn *fan wank*, but it was the best darn thing Gundam has put out in well over a decade. ;)
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901945)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 4th, 2017 @ 11:28am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

And make a new character or two. Or twelve. Get creative.

something like how the original Robotech series got a continuation with The Shadow Chronicles
Would be cool
Re: More Job Opening at Boulder Media Studios Transformers Project (1901958)
Posted by o.supreme on August 4th, 2017 @ 11:48am CDT
Shadow Chronicles was awesome, too bad Harmony Gold is such a hack of a company. It took them 20+ years to get that produced, then a few years later they try to pawn off a Yellow Dancer/Lancer film from Mosepaeda as an "all new original movie" that they had nothing to do with...Shadow Chronicles was the only new/original thing they ever did, and unfortunately they are too busy losing money, and looking for frivolous lawsuits against Hasbro and every other toy company that thinks they are infringing upon their IP. If you aren't going to do anything with ROBOTECH...then just let it go...there are plenty of Western fans that want to see Macross 7, Frontier etc... and they are impeding this..

Sorry...rant over...

TF Cyberverse...cant wait to hear more about it.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Red Alert Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Optimus Prime - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures (E7112)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Voyager Class Siege: War For Cybertron Starscream Action Figure MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Sideswipe Generations War For Cybertron complete G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Battle Call Figure Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "Set of 2 Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Ironhide Chromia Deluxe Class MISB" on EBAY