This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings

Transformers News: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings

Sunday, July 30th, 2017 3:05AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 48,173

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Two new job listings have appeared over at Boulder Media, the Irish animation studio working on a number of Hasbro Universe properties, including Rescue Bots Academy and Micronauts. One is a 2D Concept Designer specifically for their Transformers project, as seen here.

The other, a 3D CG Supervisor position, tells us something a lot meatier about what is currently happening with Hasbro, as it reveals that a whole new feature animation division is being set up, also under Hasbro Entertainment banners. And remember how it was rumoured that an animated Cybertron sequel was in the pitching works..? Take a read for yourselves, and head here for the job application!

As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented 3D CG Supervisor the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first 3D CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.

The 3D CG Supervisor will play a vital role in building the new studio pipeline along with the rest of the team.

The 3D CG Supervisor will bring their expertise to the technical aspects of the project while working in collaboration with the production team. As such, they serve as a key member of the project’s leadership team and help define Boulder’s pipeline. At the beginning, you will have an important role in the look development, raising the quality while ensuring the assigned areas of production have sufficient technical, capital and human resources to meet the deadline.


Transformers News: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings
Credit(s): Boulder Media

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1901698)
Posted by Va'al on August 3rd, 2017 @ 2:30pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Two new job listings have appeared over at Boulder Media, the Irish animation studio working on a number of Hasbro Universe properties, including Rescue Bots Academy and Micronauts. One is a 2D Concept Designer specifically for their Transformers project, as seen here.

The other, a 3D CG Supervisor position, tells us something a lot meatier about what is currently happening with Hasbro, as it reveals that a whole new feature animation division is being set up, also under Hasbro Entertainment banners. And remember how it was rumoured that an animated Cybertron sequel was in the pitching works..? Take a read for yourselves, and head here for the job application!

As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented 3D CG Supervisor the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first 3D CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.

The 3D CG Supervisor will play a vital role in building the new studio pipeline along with the rest of the team.

The 3D CG Supervisor will bring their expertise to the technical aspects of the project while working in collaboration with the production team. As such, they serve as a key member of the project’s leadership team and help define Boulder’s pipeline. At the beginning, you will have an important role in the look development, raising the quality while ensuring the assigned areas of production have sufficient technical, capital and human resources to meet the deadline.


Image
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1901707)
Posted by Va'al on August 3rd, 2017 @ 2:47pm CDT
From the same Hasbro Investor webcall that brought us news of Transformers: Cyberverse, and as mentioned in that story here, we also have actual confirmation of the still untitled prequel animated feature being developed by Hasbro's Allspark Pictures, Paramount, and Boulder Media Studios (as reported here).

Adding to what we already knew about the project, the updated information is below:

  • Animated
  • Ant-Man writers working on it
  • Being developed by Allspark Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Boulder Media
  • Will deal with myth of creation for Cybertron.
  • May be connected to Transformers: Cyberverse series
  • Is definitely part of the Paramount/Hasbro cinematic universe


Image

Image

Image
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1901759)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2017 @ 7:25pm CDT
Still waiting to see who will direct it.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1901766)
Posted by Deadput on August 3rd, 2017 @ 8:18pm CDT
I hope it starts pre war for maybe half an hour with the rest being the war and then the last 10 minutes being after they leave Cybertron and how they got to Earth and such and a good reason why Optimus had such a small crew of himself, Jazz, Ratchet, Ironhide and presumably Bee and Hot Rod since they were together on Earth and Prime did send Bee to Earth so that means that presumably the two were together until Hot Rod went and left for reasons.

Maybe the Bee movie will have a couple of other guys with him like Cliffjumper if those on set photos are meant to be believed.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1901794)
Posted by Emerje on August 3rd, 2017 @ 10:59pm CDT
Great planning, Hasbro! Do a show about the early days of Cybertron the same year you decide the original Primes are too obscure to get proper figures. That would have been a perfect tie in for the kids. :roll:

Emerje
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1910272)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 11th, 2017 @ 5:37pm CDT
Several jobs are available at Boulder Media for Hasbro. For those in the know Boulder Media has been in charge of making Rescue Bots. If you have ever wanted to live the dream they are looking for skilled artists and animators. Most of these jobs can be done from anywhere but it seems that a lot are based in Dublin. It will be interesting to see who will be working on upcoming projects.

We previously reported on a new logo for Rescue Bots Academy, which is in development by Boulder Media. If you would like more information, have a look at this article.

Image
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1910298)
Posted by MaverickPrime on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:09pm CDT
I hope someone here can enlighten me, because their PR manager hasn't answered me, the application for Character Designer, AKA my literal dream job mentions that I must be "eligible for work within the EEA(European Economic Area)" which brings me the question, can someone from outside Europe be apply for that? Because it says "eligible" not "must live in one of those countries".
I'm super excited for the job and actually meet most of the criteria, but I need to now if I can apply for that from another continent before I send my application.
Thanks!
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1910300)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:16pm CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:I hope someone here can enlighten me, because their PR manager hasn't answered me, the application for Character Designer, AKA my literal dream job mentions that I must be "eligible for work within the EEA(European Economic Area)" which brings me the question, can someone from outside Europe be apply for that? Because it says "eligible" not "must live in one of those countries".
I'm super excited for the job and actually meet most of the criteria, but I need to now if I can apply for that from another continent before I send my application.
Thanks!
As far as I can tell, the positions this company are offering are for those who are willing to move to Ireland.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1910316)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on September 11th, 2017 @ 10:37pm CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:I'm super excited for the job and actually meet most of the criteria, but I need to now if I can apply for that from another continent before I send my application.
Thanks!


There are several artists positions available currently. Many of them state that the work can submitted "anywhere". As far as professional digital artist jobs go, the application process is one of the least grueling I've ever encountered. Apply. What do you have to lose?
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1910328)
Posted by MaverickPrime on September 11th, 2017 @ 11:55pm CDT
You know what? You're right!
But, what am I supposed to upload on the "Upload File" part? A CV? My works?
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1910336)
Posted by Va'al on September 12th, 2017 @ 3:53am CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:You know what? You're right!
But, what am I supposed to upload on the "Upload File" part? A CV? My works?


Probably a portfolio of your work, yes.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1913956)
Posted by Va'al on October 2nd, 2017 @ 7:56am CDT
Continuing in the recruitment for the Animated project for the Hasbro Universe Transformers franchise, Boulder Media Studios are looking for more positions to work in the creative side of the feature movie!

All the positions below require the successful applicants to move to Dublin, Ireland - but if you have what it takes, take a look at the descriptions, and good luck in the application.

As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented Senior Set Modeler the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.


3D Senior Rigger
Effects Technical Director (FX TD)
Senior Set Modeler
Pipeline Supervisor
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1933043)
Posted by Va'al on January 22nd, 2018 @ 1:58pm CST
We have a small update from Irish company Boulder Media - the studio behind Danger Mouse - currently collaborating with Hasbro on the creation of Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy, other animated series in the Hasbro shared Universe (such as Micronauts) and the yet untitled animated feature movie that will serve as a prequel on Cybertron, developed by Hasbro's Allspark Pictures, Paramount, and Boulder Media Studio.

The update, you ask? They're looking for more roles to work on that animated movie project, from concept to Character design, modeling to animation and more - and they're scouting all across Europe for their Dublin based studio! Meaning they'll hit Dublin, London, Paris, Lisbon, Madrid, Milan and Barcelona during February and March. If this is something you might be interested, and live in any of the countries with access to the cities, take a look below at the schedule, and here at the roles.

WE'RE HIRING!! Boulder Media, in partnership with Hasbro, are looking for animation professionals for the first CG feature film to be made in Ireland. Join us for a drink and a chat in a city near you. See you there.


Image
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1933047)
Posted by Deadput on January 22nd, 2018 @ 2:04pm CST
I'm looking forward to the prequel very interested on where they go with it, kinda hoping it takes some inspiration from the movie IDW comics but not a copy and paste of the plot.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1933056)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on January 22nd, 2018 @ 2:38pm CST
I would kind of hope it has nothing to do with the Bay movies, or even the IDW stuff.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1933064)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 22nd, 2018 @ 3:13pm CST
I wouldn't mind them adopting IDW story arcs into animated movies in the same vein as DC.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1933069)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 22nd, 2018 @ 3:20pm CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:I would kind of hope it has nothing to do with the Bay movies, or even the IDW stuff.
From all that's been said of it, it apparently will pertain to the live action movies, serving as a prequel to those set on Cybertron in the past.

Though, when Deadput said "IDW comics", he meant the Movieverse ones that IDW released for the first trilogy, which helped to make that trilogy make more sense until AOE and TLK threw those comics out the window.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1933074)
Posted by Deadput on January 22nd, 2018 @ 3:48pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:I would kind of hope it has nothing to do with the Bay movies, or even the IDW stuff.
From all that's been said of it, it apparently will pertain to the live action movies, serving as a prequel to those set on Cybertron in the past.

Though, when Deadput said "IDW comics", he meant the Movieverse ones that IDW released for the first trilogy, which helped to make that trilogy make more sense until AOE and TLK threw those comics out the window.


Yeah I don't know what people think I mean when I say "movie IDW comics" that's why I added movie to it.

Also yeah it's gonna be Bay verse related, that's what all the info we have gotten for "Transformers: One" is.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1933163)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 22nd, 2018 @ 8:18pm CST
i think the movie verse does need some expanding in areas like that ;)^
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (1933201)
Posted by Octobotimus on January 23rd, 2018 @ 12:59am CST
The main thing i see is a transformers film that's animated, and is set on cybertron. that means one thing to me, NO STUPID HUMANS. the thing I've wanted for so long....
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001263)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on December 27th, 2018 @ 1:34pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:All of this should be seen as a good thing as it shows they are paying attention to what people are saying about bee.


If they're paying attention then people need to start telling them to STOP with this solo 1 character crap & make TRANSFORMERS movies. Transformers was never about 1 character. A whole movie dedicated to Bumblebee shouldn't even exist. We didn't need the Bumblebee origin story from the 2007 movie repeated all over again. Pretty much the same exact thing we already saw with Sam Witwicky has been copied with Charlie. And they shouldn't make a whole movie dedicated to Optimus Prime. Just make Transformers movies, 2 armies of characters at war. Please stop this 1 character solo crap. Where did this idea come from & how do we make it stop??? They can easily tell Optimus Prime's origin story in a flashback that only takes up a few minutes. We don't need an entire movie dedicated to it.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001264)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 27th, 2018 @ 1:46pm CST
We're getting a movie like that as well, we're just getting extra solo movies to learn more about the characters, other characters will be in their, just think about the titles as who the films focal point is centered on. I mean it's generally easier and more refined to tell a story about one character and tf media has done this in the past, I mean the old G1 cartoon did it all the time
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001267)
Posted by bluecatcinema on December 27th, 2018 @ 2:06pm CST
Kind of like the upcoming IDW reboot. It'll be interesting to compare the two.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001269)
Posted by william-james88 on December 27th, 2018 @ 2:09pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
leokearon wrote:If they do a animated Cybertron movie it won't have to be in any continuity


That just means it will be all CGI. Something Knight said wanted to make a month ago as a prequel to bumblebee about the war before he decided he wanted to focus on smaller stuff

Also, this film has been in the works since last year https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... vie/39165/

And it was then already confirmed to be definitely part of the Paramount/Hasbro cinematic universe (just as much as Bumblebee is)
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001274)
Posted by Deadput on December 27th, 2018 @ 2:53pm CST
You know there is a way to some what creatively get a few of Optimus Prime's backstories in one film/story.

Put in most of them! (Yeah I probably lost a few people with that)

Some people go through different jobs in life, the OP movie could partially deal with Optimus trying to find his place in the world prior to becoming the Autobot leader. (And maybe a Prime along the way if were going with the Prime is a rank thing.)

He could start off in life as lowly repair technician like TFA (Probably not something as grand as space bridges), later getting the attention of Alpha Trion who hires him to be a data archiver like TFP, however later on he gains the desire for adventure and glory whether that's inspiration from Megatron or a personal desire (Op doesn't have to be perfect prior to becoming Prime since this is a "heroes journey" type movie) and joins up with some sort of police force or Elite Guard as a cadet like IDW and I guess TFA to an extent, his heroics in the line of duty gets him noticed by the current council or Prime which leads to him getting the official Prime title or a high position which leads to jealousy from Megatron which leads to them to officially break their partner ship, afterwards on Prime has to lie low which he does by becoming a dock worker before being eventually found.


Also had this idea for a Knights of the Round table inspired council of Prime's which would be a group of 13 who are inspired by the legend of the 13 (No actual proof if they actually exist or not in the movie), with different Primes, some being ones we know like Sentinel Prime, Zeta Prime, Star Saber Prime and Nova Prime or some of the Cybertron guys like Override with some new guys like Steelbane Prime (Yes inspired by that TLK toy), a Constructicon Prime and maybe some minor characters who visually take from some of the different Optimus's like RId2001 or Armada.

Optimus would be the newest member and replacing a recently killed member which could either be someone he never met or maybe his mentor Prime like Sentinel or something.

And not every single member would be dead by the time the war starts like say Star Saber who gives up his title to lead an Autobot fleet in space or Override becoming a high ranked soldier.


Anyways I think an Optimus Prime film should not also be the Cybertron war film, I would say leave the War for it's own film besides the start of it and a notable battle or two that way the war can get the screen time it deserves as well as focus on a different cast.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001278)
Posted by o.supreme on December 27th, 2018 @ 3:02pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Also, this film has been in the works since last year https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... vie/39165/

And it was then already confirmed to be definitely part of the Paramount/Hasbro cinematic universe (just as much as Bumblebee is)


This is exactly what I was referring to in my last post which got buried as the last post of the previous page. Thanks for finding the link ;)^
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001280)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 27th, 2018 @ 3:15pm CST
Deadput wrote:You know there is a way to some what creatively get a few of Optimus Prime's backstories in one film/story.

Put in most of them! (Yeah I probably lost a few people with that)

Some people go through different jobs in life, the OP movie could partially deal with Optimus trying to find his place in the world prior to becoming the Autobot leader. (And maybe a Prime along the way if were going with the Prime is a rank thing.)

He could start off in life as lowly repair technician like TFA (Probably not something as grand as space bridges), later getting the attention of Alpha Trion who hires him to be a data archiver like TFP, however later on he gains the desire for adventure and glory whether that's inspiration from Megatron or a personal desire (Op doesn't have to be perfect prior to becoming Prime since this is a "heroes journey" type movie) and joins up with some sort of police force or Elite Guard as a cadet like IDW and I guess TFA to an extent, his heroics in the line of duty gets him noticed by the current council or Prime which leads to him getting the official Prime title or a high position which leads to jealousy from Megatron which leads to them to officially break their partner ship, afterwards on Prime has to lie low which he does by becoming a dock worker before being eventually found.


Also had this idea for a Knights of the Round table inspired council of Prime's which would be a group of 13 who are inspired by the legend of the 13 (No actual proof if they actually exist or not in the movie), with different Primes, some being ones we know like Sentinel Prime, Zeta Prime, Star Saber Prime and Nova Prime or some of the Cybertron guys like Override with some new guys like Steelbane Prime (Yes inspired by that TLK toy), a Constructicon Prime and maybe some minor characters who visually take from some of the different Optimus's like RId2001 or Armada.

Optimus would be the newest member and replacing a recently killed member which could either be someone he never met or maybe his mentor Prime like Sentinel or something.

And not every single member would be dead by the time the war starts like say Star Saber who gives up his title to lead an Autobot fleet in space or Override becoming a high ranked soldier.


Anyways I think an Optimus Prime film should not also be the Cybertron war film, I would say leave the War for it's own film besides the start of it and a notable battle or two that way the war can get the screen time it deserves as well as focus on a different cast.

To be fair, he was only a technician because of that mission he and sentinel screwed up. I prefer the space cop approach of IDW, but would love to see a new take on it. They could even do the whole Prime is Megatrons brother and run away with that,
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001293)
Posted by Deadput on December 27th, 2018 @ 4:50pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:To be fair, he was only a technician because of that mission he and sentinel screwed up. I prefer the space cop approach of IDW, but would love to see a new take on it. They could even do the whole Prime is Megatrons brother and run away with that,

Yeah I know, just wanted to start him out with a lowly job therefor his whole rise to the greater good has more oomph.

Also wanted to start Optimus (Or Orion Pax) as an every man and not as a "awesome guy" from birth, even then the other jobs like Data Archiver and then Cop/Elite Guard Cadet aren't really special positions either, he would get noticed and eventually become Prime (Or just a high position if we don't go for the Primes as ranks thing) for his own actions and outstanding heroics, not just he so happens to already have a specific job.

From the way I would write him, I want him to be this humble guy who has to work to earn his position and as well as not putting in the work because he wants a higher position but because he's trying to do the right thing for his fellow Transformers, early on he would have his rough bumps but that's so he can have character development and eventually become the great Optimus Prime, I don't want him to start out as already perfect.

Edit: Actually with the idea of Megatron I had the idea that Transformers don't normally have military type bodies normally, Seekers and other military bodies like Vehicons and tanks would be stock bodies that other Transformers transfer their bodies into whether voluntarily or having to repay a debt.

Megatron would start as a mining type vehicle, and the only differences he would make once becoming the Decepticon leader would be to add a canon and get a fresh coat of paint, so Megatron wouldn't have a military type body but a normal body that was modified for war.

It would give more of a reason for why Autobots tend to just be normal body type characters.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001297)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 27th, 2018 @ 5:12pm CST
Some interesting ideas there :)
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001301)
Posted by Dominus Prime on December 27th, 2018 @ 6:10pm CST
Bonaventura had their hands in the 1986 animated film if I recall. Whether they were or not, I believe this film will be based on the siege toy line to jumpstart it and create interest in it for the younger generation while doing a fan service for us OGs
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001302)
Posted by Dominus Prime on December 27th, 2018 @ 6:12pm CST
I stand corrected. It was delarentes that dealt with 1986 film
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001304)
Posted by Deadput on December 27th, 2018 @ 6:23pm CST
I do have my suspicions that Siege and it's following toylines in the War for Cybertron series will be used as a base for the Cybertron story and characters.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001307)
Posted by Dominus Prime on December 27th, 2018 @ 6:54pm CST
Agreed. It makes sense for them to do that. Just the look of the toy line is like a soft reboot of G1 and the comics are following suit also if I'm not mistaken. It makes sense to unify it to help promote the toy line and reignite interest for those just getting into the franchise
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001309)
Posted by Deadput on December 27th, 2018 @ 7:10pm CST
I mean if we actually get characters like Cog and Six Gun or Flywheels and Brunt that would be awesome.

Brunt himself makes a good template for Decepticon Vehicon/soldiers, maybe Brunt is a higher ranked member of said group if he was to be a character himself.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001317)
Posted by Dominus Prime on December 27th, 2018 @ 7:56pm CST
That would be good. Hopefully the movie is true animation and not cell shaded computer animation, unless it's done really well.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001318)
Posted by Deadput on December 27th, 2018 @ 7:59pm CST
Dominus Prime wrote:That would be good. Hopefully the movie is true animation and not cell shaded computer animation, unless it's done really well.


I doubt we will get a full film in the style of the Bumblebee Cybertron scene. (Not the robot designs but the sort of "live action" cgi)

It definitely will be 3d and stuff since I doubt that 2d animation will be worth it.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001320)
Posted by Dominus Prime on December 27th, 2018 @ 8:12pm CST
Yea, I wouldn't think it'd be animated like the bumblebee film. Just hope it's not crappy computer animation like transformers energon or something. Really good 2D animation would be ideal but I don't see them doing that
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001321)
Posted by Deadput on December 27th, 2018 @ 8:20pm CST
Dominus Prime wrote:Yea, I wouldn't think it'd be animated like the bumblebee film. Just hope it's not crappy computer animation like transformers energon or something. Really good 2D animation would be ideal but I don't see them doing that


This will be a movie so it won't have the budget of a tv show so I wouldn't worry about it being as bad as Energon.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001328)
Posted by Dominus Prime on December 27th, 2018 @ 10:33pm CST
I'm sure it won't be that bad. Just want them to do it right
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001330)
Posted by william-james88 on December 27th, 2018 @ 11:15pm CST
Just bumping this to make it easier to find now that it has popped back up in the news
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2001340)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 28th, 2018 @ 4:48am CST
I doubt it will be based on Siege for the sole reason that Siege will be over and done with by the time this movie releases which may be 2020 at the earliest, when the war for Cybertron line will be in its second year under a different tag. Also I speculate it will be 3D animation solely.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2006668)
Posted by ImperiousRexS2K on January 25th, 2019 @ 2:14am CST
I just hope with the financial success of Bumblebee, we get a Cybertron focused prequel like we saw in the beginning of that movie. I was just so psyched to see Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, etc in such accurate glory that we never got in the Bay movies...
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2006835)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 26th, 2019 @ 9:25am CST
ImperiousRexS2K wrote:I just hope with the financial success of Bumblebee, we get a Cybertron focused prequel like we saw in the beginning of that movie. I was just so psyched to see Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, etc in such accurate glory that we never got in the Bay movies...
Considering that the movies aren't G1, calling any of the designs "accurate" like that is as much a misnomer as doing so for characters of the Unicron Trilogy.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2006845)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 26th, 2019 @ 10:02am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
ImperiousRexS2K wrote:I just hope with the financial success of Bumblebee, we get a Cybertron focused prequel like we saw in the beginning of that movie. I was just so psyched to see Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, etc in such accurate glory that we never got in the Bay movies...
Considering that the movies aren't G1, calling any of the designs "accurate" like that is as much a misnomer as doing so for characters of the Unicron Trilogy.

I think the point was that they were accurate to G1, which makes me wonder how well bee (or that scene in particular) would have been if a different design had been used, but for sake of argument, if they had went with Armada styled designs.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2006905)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 26th, 2019 @ 6:26pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ImperiousRexS2K wrote:I just hope with the financial success of Bumblebee, we get a Cybertron focused prequel like we saw in the beginning of that movie. I was just so psyched to see Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, etc in such accurate glory that we never got in the Bay movies...
Considering that the movies aren't G1, calling any of the designs "accurate" like that is as much a misnomer as doing so for characters of the Unicron Trilogy.

I think the point was that they were accurate to G1, which makes me wonder how well bee (or that scene in particular) would have been if a different design had been used, but for sake of argument, if they had went with Armada styled designs.
I kinda feel it was more primarily Travis Knight than the design team who pushed for the more G1-styled designs, what with that design video he was in where he talked about that and such.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2062790)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 29th, 2020 @ 9:42pm CDT
Houston, we have a director!

It is none other than Josh Cooley, director of Toy Story 4 and who has also had worked on The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, Up, Cars 2, and was one of the writers of Inside Out.

This film will also explore the history of Optimus and Megatron set on Cybertron in the past, but curiously, the article claims that this movie is ostensibly "separate and apart from" the live action films. Time will tell what that entails.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2062796)
Posted by william-james88 on April 29th, 2020 @ 10:08pm CDT
We have some pretty big news regarding an upcoming Transformers film. This is for the animated origin film which would be about the relationship between Optimus and Megatron leading into the War on Cybertron. We now know that the director will be Josh Clooney who recently directed Toy Story 4. He is currently reviewing the final draft from writers Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari. Those two did production work on Ant-Man and were the credited writers on Ant-Man and the Wasp. The article from Deadline says that this is not part of the live action Bay franchise (which they reiterate does include Bumblebee). Hence why calling it a prequel, as the article does, is a bit of a contradiction. It's pretty cool to know that this big budget animated film is now in the hands of the man who directed the most recent winner of the Oscar for best animated film. You'll let us know what you think.

Here is what Sabrblade initially shared with us.

Sabrblade wrote:Houston, we have a director!

It is none other than Josh Cooley, director of Toy Story 4 and who has also had worked on The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, Up, Cars 2, and was one of the writers of Inside Out.

This film will also explore the history of Optimus and Megatron set on Cybertron in the past, but curiously, the article claims that this movie is ostensibly "separate and apart from" the live action films. Time will tell what that entails.


Image
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2062801)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 29th, 2020 @ 10:23pm CDT
it will be interesting to see which adaptation of transformers this will be apart of or if it will be separate from everything else :-?
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2062810)
Posted by TulioDude on April 29th, 2020 @ 10:46pm CDT
This between the Netflix show,the Bumblebee movie,the War Cybertron/Alligned games and the IDW comics,I don't see how this will be much different.
It would be cool to have a story to tie in the previous movies stories,but since it states it's not tied to the movie continuity,it will be another origin story.

I think this can be cool by itself,I just wonder what the thought process that happened.
Re: Boulder Media Studios Opening New Animated Feature Division, Job Openings (2062811)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 29th, 2020 @ 10:49pm CDT
This movie sounds like it might be another adaptation of the Optimus/Megatron history from the Binder of Revelation (since its lore is still influencing current media like Cyberverse and such), kinda like what the first half of the Exodus novel was.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPER X-BRAWN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise complete 2001 230830A"
SUPER X-BRAWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Basic complete Hasbro 2002 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BONECRUSHER Transformers Energon Class complete Hasbro 2005 230802A"
BONECRUSHER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON SABER Transformers Energon Class complete + more 2004 230427D **AS-IS**"
ENERGON SABER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Energon Class + instructions + comic Hasbro 2004 230427B"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #6 Dreamwave Comics 2002 (W) Furman (A) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Power Spark Warrior New"
ENERGON AXE ATTACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET ACTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Energon complete 2004 Perceptor 230805A"
STREET ACTION MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRT BOSS Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d3h7 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
DIRT BOSS Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST JET MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190411"
SKYBLAST JET MODE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIGNAL FLARE Transformers Energon Class complete Hasbro 2004 230427A"
SIGNAL FLARE Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON