MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory

Transformers News: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory

Tuesday, May 10th, 2016 12:51pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Hellscream9999   Views: 25,593

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronians, as a follow up to our article on the reissue of MP-27 Ironhide, which can be found here, we bring you news of another reissue of MP-27 Ironhide, but this time he includes a new accessory in the form of a large, possibly hand held drill weapon. The pre-order page can be found at bbts here and at TFSource here, he is due to arrive in September along with the normal reissue of MP-27. The new accessory can be seen below; so are you interested in this new accessory? Let us know in the comments below.

Transformers News: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory

Credit(s): Hellscream9999 from Seibertron.com

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 10th, 2016 1:32pm CDT


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788424)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2016 @ 12:55pm CDT
Ah, so it's a Hasbro Asia reissue.
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788444)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2016 @ 2:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Ah, so it's a Hasbro Asia reissue.


No, there are 2.

Takara reissue: http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-27-ironhide/

Hasbro Asia reissue: http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/11737/
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788448)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 10th, 2016 @ 2:12pm CDT
Well, this is a slap in the face to everyone who faithfully bought Ironhide on his initial release. I could understand if this reissue were released a few years after the initial release with some improvements, either to the deco or engineering or sculpt include, with a bonus accessory to entice you to double dip if you bought the earlier iteration. I hope Takara finds a way to make the accessory available to collectors who already have MP Ironhide.
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788450)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2016 @ 2:17pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Well, this is a slap in the face to everyone who faithfully bought Ironhide on his initial release. I could understand if this reissue were released a few years after the initial release with some improvements, either to the deco or engineering or sculpt include, with a bonus accessory to entice you to double dip if you bought the earlier iteration. I hope Takara finds a way to make the accessory available to collectors who already have MP Ironhide.


Its a bit different than that. Takara isnt making this accessory, Hasbro Asia is (its written on the picture above the weapon). They are the same ones who gave us the key to vector sigma. And it costs 15$ more anyway. Its just a way for them to compete with the takara rerelease. They are doing the same for Primal with the exclusive mace.
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788452)
Posted by Ungie on May 10th, 2016 @ 2:26pm CDT
I can only wonder what is truly different in this reissue, given I don't own him yet and he is still in stock at BBTS now, and TFsource has the Original Release with Collectors Coin in stock as well. Should I really wait until September for a figure that might be exactly the same? Were there any noticeable tolerances that needed a desperate fix on anyones? :-? :???:
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788459)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 10th, 2016 @ 2:37pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Its a bit different than that. Takara isnt making this accessory, Hasbro Asia is (its written on the picture above the weapon). They are the same ones who gave us the key to vector sigma. And it costs 15$ more anyway. Its just a way for them to compete with the takara rerelease. They are doing the same for Primal with the exclusive mace.


It's not quite like the MP Optimus Prime release with Vector Sigma, though. That package used the North American Hasbro deco changes, with the lighter blues, brighter reds, painted optics, unpainted trailer interior, and blue version of Roller. With the MP Primal release, the mace takes the place of a collector's coin, so it's not that different from any other Hasbro Asia release of a Takara Tomy MP figure. This is a much different case than either of those. Ironhide came out only a few months ago, and we're getting a "second run" that's essentially unchanged, except now it has an extra accessory. It's a bitter pill to swallow for those who just bought Ironhide. I also imagine it will make it harder for stores that still have stock to sell out now, as people will be waiting for the "better" version coming in September.
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788461)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2016 @ 2:47pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Its a bit different than that. Takara isnt making this accessory, Hasbro Asia is (its written on the picture above the weapon). They are the same ones who gave us the key to vector sigma. And it costs 15$ more anyway. Its just a way for them to compete with the takara rerelease. They are doing the same for Primal with the exclusive mace.


It's not quite like the MP Optimus Prime release with Vector Sigma, though. That package used the North American Hasbro deco changes, with the lighter blues, brighter reds, painted optics, unpainted trailer interior, and blue version of Roller. With the MP Primal release, the mace takes the place of a collector's coin, so it's not that different from any other Hasbro Asia release of a Takara Tomy MP figure. This is a much different case than either of those. Ironhide came out only a few months ago, and we're getting a "second run" that's essentially unchanged, except now it has an extra accessory. It's a bitter pill to swallow for those who just bought Ironhide. I also imagine it will make it harder for stores that still have stock to sell out now, as people will be waiting for the "better" version coming in September.


As was evident with another recent release (damn I forget which one), you will be able to buy this extra weapon on e-bay for the price difference. We can do that with the coins too. And doesnt this extra weapon replace a coin with this release of Ironhide?

Good call on the Optimus though, I forgot it was the Hasbro release (and I own it 8-} )
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788523)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 10th, 2016 @ 8:10pm CDT
For those who already got the 1st release version, no biggey. Check ebay for the "drill tool" "overruns" They are sure to pop up later.

Same thing happened with MP Bumble and his battle mask or WJ's hypnochip scrambling tool and Lambor's cake cutter pile drivers.
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788555)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2016 @ 9:51pm CDT
Will you be looking for it Fenrir? And if yes, could you please notify us here if you find it please?
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788561)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 10th, 2016 @ 10:07pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Will you be looking for it Fenrir? And if yes, could you please notify us here if you find it please?



Which one? IHs or the other "Amazon" exclusives

If I get a clearance from the powers that be (mods etc), I can post several links on the BB mask, hypno chip scrambler and the pile divers at ebay and aliexpress in this thread or a separate.

Of course MP-IH is still coming the September 2016, so those "overruns" more or less will be showing up 2017.
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788569)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2016 @ 10:20pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Will you be looking for it Fenrir? And if yes, could you please notify us here if you find it please?



Which one? IHs or the other "Amazon" exclusives

If I get a clearance from the powers that be (mods etc), I can post several links on the BB mask, hypno chip scrambler and the pile divers at ebay and aliexpress in this thread or a separate.

Of course MP-IH is still coming the September 2016, so those "overruns" more or less will be showing up 2017.


You can post the links, we are having a discussion. And yes for ironhide as well (and Optimus' mace). The one thing I ask though is that you post them in their respective threads. It could be a great service to fans :)
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788579)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 10th, 2016 @ 10:37pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Will you be looking for it Fenrir? And if yes, could you please notify us here if you find it please?



Which one? IHs or the other "Amazon" exclusives

If I get a clearance from the powers that be (mods etc), I can post several links on the BB mask, hypno chip scrambler and the pile divers at ebay and aliexpress in this thread or a separate.

Of course MP-IH is still coming the September 2016, so those "overruns" more or less will be showing up 2017.


You can post the links, we are having a discussion. And yes for ironhide as well (and Optimus' mace). The one thing I ask though is that you post them in their respective threads. It could be a great service to fans :)


I get that this is a green light to post?

I ran into those accessories by accident looking for some G1 parts. I personally own BBs mask, WJ hypno tool, Lambor's pile drivers and Megatron's "Reflector".

I also know that Prowl's and Streak's launcher are also available.

Again, if only we could sticky that into one single thread like " MP exclusive accessories available on line" thread. I suggested something like that before on another issue as sometimes its hard to search for threads even with the search function (heck, I even am surprised how some threads get necroed when the posters dig them up 5 years back)

Primal and IH's accessories, assuming there is still interest in them will be more or less available in autumn or early 2017 (personal calculation as I have no direct info on the release dates).
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788581)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2016 @ 10:39pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Ah, so it's a Hasbro Asia reissue.


No, there are 2.

Takara reissue: http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-27-ironhide/

Hasbro Asia reissue: http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/11737/
I meant the reissue with the drill.
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788686)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on May 11th, 2016 @ 3:16pm CDT
So many ppl tripping out about a damn drill. Honestly were in the age of milking the hell outta everything, look at how many damn superhero movies are coming out. I saw this asia release coming a mile away maybe not the drill but def something, after all they did the same with prime and the vector sigma key. Dunno why ppl are surprised. Honestly i could care less about a drill gun that was on like what, one episode? Well i guess im the fortunate one here, cuz i know ppl will be so mad hungry to get the drill, ill be able to find Ironhide for a lot cheaper now, just like i found prime lol. ;)

:BOT: :CON:
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788691)
Posted by MelRains on May 11th, 2016 @ 3:27pm CDT
I put a stress mark on Ironhide's thumb from puttin the pistol in and out. I think that's the last time I bother with those. They're too tight.
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788693)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on May 11th, 2016 @ 3:36pm CDT
MelRains wrote:I put a stress mark on Ironhide's thumb from puttin the pistol in and out. I think that's the last time I bother with those. They're too tight.


that sucks dude, a friend of mine broke it right off. Im so surprised at the lack of Qc with takara lately. :BANG_HEAD:

:BOT: :CON:
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788713)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 11th, 2016 @ 4:51pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:So many ppl tripping out about a damn drill. Honestly were in the age of milking the hell outta everything, look at how many damn superhero movies are coming out. I saw this asia release coming a mile away maybe not the drill but def something, after all they did the same with prime and the vector sigma key. Dunno why ppl are surprised. Honestly i could care less about a drill gun that was on like what, one episode? Well i guess im the fortunate one here, cuz i know ppl will be so mad hungry to get the drill, ill be able to find Ironhide for a lot cheaper now, just like i found prime lol. ;)

:BOT: :CON:


We've already had an Asian release of Ironhide, though. It comes with a collector's coin. I have that one. It's just a matter of "too soon" for me. It would be an easier thing to accept, as I said earlier, if this reissue with a new accessory were coming out a couple of years after the initial release, perhaps with a mold change or a deco tweak to entice people to double down on Ironhide if they bought the first version. Likewise, with the Hasbro Asia release of Optimus Prime with the Victor Sigma extra, Prime came with the Hasbro deco, which wasn't available previously to that region.
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788719)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on May 11th, 2016 @ 5:11pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:So many ppl tripping out about a damn drill. Honestly were in the age of milking the hell outta everything, look at how many damn superhero movies are coming out. I saw this asia release coming a mile away maybe not the drill but def something, after all they did the same with prime and the vector sigma key. Dunno why ppl are surprised. Honestly i could care less about a drill gun that was on like what, one episode? Well i guess im the fortunate one here, cuz i know ppl will be so mad hungry to get the drill, ill be able to find Ironhide for a lot cheaper now, just like i found prime lol. ;)

:BOT: :CON:


We've already had an Asian release of Ironhide, though. It comes with a collector's coin. I have that one. It's just a matter of "too soon" for me. It would be an easier thing to accept, as I said earlier, if this reissue with a new accessory were coming out a couple of years after the initial release, perhaps with a mold change or a deco tweak to entice people to double down on Ironhide if they bought the first version. Likewise, with the Hasbro Asia release of Optimus Prime with the Victor Sigma extra, Prime came with the Hasbro deco, which wasn't available previously to that region.



but its just a damn drill gun, whats the biggie really. sorry u find its too soon, but thats the nature of the beast. For me i could really give a damn about a drill gun. I wish when the reissued a figure they fixed and update the mold, cuz takara has been dropping the ball large with qc lately. Id rather have it that way then a cheesy drill gun. Im just one of those collectors that really isnt that OCD when it comes stuff like this. I do feel bad for collectors that feel the urge to buy a another figure cuz of a gun. :BOT: :CON:
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788741)
Posted by shajaki on May 11th, 2016 @ 6:04pm CDT
Image

This is the one accessory I wanted to begin with! :DANCE:
Re: MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide Reissue With New Drill Accessory (1788787)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 11th, 2016 @ 8:35pm CDT
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... 1&page=top

I checked the list of accessories. No drill. So the drill is for the Asia release. Again ladies and gents, this isn't so bad. If you own IH ver 1, stick with him. You can get the drill thingie later in ebay etc.

He's at 7490Y amiami cost not including shipping.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
Twincast / Podcast #240:
"Ramping Up"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers RID Robots in Disguise Fracture Warrior Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime vs Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers United UN24 Warpath Generations Deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Deluxe 2006 RID Grimlock Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron SMOKESCREEN Complete WFC Generations Select" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Robots in Disguise Megatron Voyager Classics  2006 Hasbro w/Manual" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 630509396436 Combiner Wars Victorion Robot Soft Vinyl Doll" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Universe Classic Deluxe Class: Starscream" on EBAY