New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone

New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone

Monday, October 28th, 2019 1:25pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 37,879

Greetings Seibertronians! From Seibertron himself we have two new galleries for your viewing pleasure! This time, it's Titans Return Voyager Class Blitzwing and Octone taking their turn in the spotlight, along with their Titan masters Hazard and Muck! The molds for these two were also used to make Voyager Class Optimus Prime (styled as G2 Laser Optimus Prime and Voyager Class Megatron.

Take a gander at the galleries and rest assured that we'll be bringing you galleries of Transformers Legends Astrotrain, Blitzwing and Octone very soon. Fans of Siege can also forward to galleries of Soundwave's minions Rumble and Ratbat, along with a fan favourite from IDWs More Than Meets The Eye/ Lost Light series, Battlemaster Rung. There is also more planned so keep your eyes peeled!

Take a look at a selection of images below and check out the galleries for more in-depth photos!

Titans Return Octone (160 images) - Voyager Class

Titans Return Murk (36 images) - Titan Masters, Voyager Class

Titans Return Blitzwing (145 images) - Voyager Class

Titans Return Hazard (47 images) - Titan Masters, Voyager Class

Transformers News: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone

Are these the best renditions of the characters? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043174)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 28th, 2019 @ 3:54pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043178)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on October 28th, 2019 @ 5:09pm CDT
I really liked the TR blitzwing/megatron mold. If anything they’re fun-scaled vehicles with the rest of the Titan/head masters; the Titan bases; and the micro masters.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043199)
Posted by megamanfan on October 28th, 2019 @ 7:22pm CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:I really don't know of I should get Blitzwing and Octane or wait and see if they get updates like Astrotrain. Considering the news of the Mercenary faction and Octane's inclusion as a member in the Transformers Trading Card Game there is a possibility.

i mean, if you're fine with paying $50 for voyager-sized "leader class" figures...
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043208)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 28th, 2019 @ 8:51pm CDT
megamanfan wrote:

Who says they'd be be Leader? Springer was a Voyager remember?
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043209)
Posted by megamanfan on October 28th, 2019 @ 9:03pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
megamanfan wrote:

Who says they'd be be Leader? Springer was a Voyager remember?

yeah, but he specifically said "like astrotrain".
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043217)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 28th, 2019 @ 11:26pm CDT
megamanfan wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
megamanfan wrote:

Who says they'd be be Leader? Springer was a Voyager remember?

yeah, but he specifically said "like astrotrain".

When I said "like Astrotrain" I meant them getting an update in general, I didn't say anything about wanting them to all be leaders. Besides, I'm a fan of the voyager sized leaders. It keeps my collection in scale.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043218)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on October 29th, 2019 @ 12:11am CDT
megamanfan wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
megamanfan wrote:

Who says they'd be be Leader? Springer was a Voyager remember?

yeah, but he specifically said "like astrotrain".

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043228)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 29th, 2019 @ 3:16am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:
megamanfan wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
megamanfan wrote:

Who says they'd be be Leader? Springer was a Voyager remember?

yeah, but he specifically said "like astrotrain".

This is true, they only have about 6/8 voyager slots that can be filled pretty fast, especially with repacks to make sure everyone gets what they want.

It's also been proven that there's more plastic going into the new leader Class figures even if they are small in stature.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043248)
Posted by durroth on October 29th, 2019 @ 9:20am CDT
ya know, it might be a contentious mold but I don't hate that blitzwing *or* that megatron
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043250)
Posted by durroth on October 29th, 2019 @ 9:25am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:Really wish everyone would give the "but they're VoYaGeRs!" a rest... they're *in scale* and Has/Tak has to fill out the price ranges some how. I don't think that the accessories (especially for the much de-cried Shockwave) were that underwhelming. The fact that Astrotrain has a dock/launchpad and otherwise connects with the up-coming Earthrise A.I.R. Lock system... I think folks will be pleasantly surprised (like most that actually bought Shockwave).

Honestly, we've just gotten too used to leader as a size as much as a price point. If Hasbro had released the new figures with the same price point and a different class name, very few would have batted an eye.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043265)
Posted by Bounti76 on October 29th, 2019 @ 2:16pm CDT
Following up with our recent galleries of the Titans Return Decepticon Triple Changers, we have their Japanese-market counterparts from Transformers Legends! These figures were released in Japan as part of the Legends line, which was a set of figures released under the Generations imprint in the U.S., but with premium paint jobs and often, more cartoon accurate paint. This would be one of the last lines Takara would do with decos that differed from their Hasbro counterparts, before the brand unification that sees all figures released between both markets with identical tooling and decos.

Additionally, two of these figures, Blitzwing and Octane, came with Big Fight (a redeco of Titan Master Ramhorn's vehicle) and Titan Master Ghost Starscream, respectively.

Please enjoy these high quality galleries from the hands (and camera) of Seibertron himself and start tuned to Seibertron for upcoming galleries of Siege Ratbat, Rumble, Rung, and the fifth Ghostbuster, Ectotron!

Transformers Legends Blitzwing (181 Images) - Voyager Class

Transformers Legends Headmaster Blitzwing (55 images) - Headmasters

Transformers Legends Big Fight (51 images) - Mini-Cons

Transformers Legends Octane (168 images) - Voyager Class

Transformers Legends Headmaster Octane (41 images) - Headmasters

Transformers Legends Ghost Starscream (78 images) - Headmasters

Transformers Legends Astrotrain (129 images) - Voyager Class

Transformers Legends Headmaster Astrotrain (44 images) - Headmasters

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043307)
Posted by aronjlove on October 29th, 2019 @ 8:14pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043321)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on October 30th, 2019 @ 5:06am CDT
aronjlove wrote:I really dig my Octane w/ Murk and Ghost Starscream and I wish I had picked up Legends Blitzwing when I saw a good price but I do not like that Astrotrain. Not a fan of the train mode at all, neither on Astrotrain nor on Nemesis Prime. I just don't see what everyone else does in that figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For that particular Nemesis Prime, it was a *lot* of folks update for Scourge from RiD200/Car Robots (admittidadly the TGS exclusive RTS/HftD Laser Prime repaint was pretty good). Combine that with the Baldigus repaint of Combiner Wars Bruticus and you had the best articulared representation of the decepticons from that show.

As for Astrotrain, I think it was more for the color representation and the fully painted head. The shuttle wasn't bad with actual paint on it. The cybertronian train was very reminiscent of the Omega Supreme half from Energon.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043322)
Posted by durroth on October 30th, 2019 @ 5:11am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:

I think he meant sentinel safetycone prime
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043323)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 30th, 2019 @ 7:05am CDT
durroth wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:

I think he meant sentinel safetycone prime

Yeah that was my impression as only Sentinel Prime was redecoed from the Astrotrain mold. I was impressed that they went back to IDW Stormbringer for the design of TR Astrotrain, it was really good to see.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043324)
Posted by durroth on October 30th, 2019 @ 7:14am CDT
I would love to see that mold in nemesis prime colors now just out of curiosity. It might even look good (at least in spaceshuttle mode)
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043329)
Posted by aronjlove on October 30th, 2019 @ 9:49am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:

See that's the kind of historical information that I come to this site for. I appreciate the history lesson! And as an owner of a couple of Takara Legends, you aren't kidding about the paint. I freaking love my Octane.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone (2043330)
Posted by aronjlove on October 30th, 2019 @ 9:51am CDT
durroth wrote: I think he meant sentinel safetycone prime

Yeah, that was my mistake. Big ol' Orange Sentinel Prime. Although now that he is getting some more love in the new IDW comic he's become little more interesting to me.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY