New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon

New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon

Monday, August 29th, 2016 2:22pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 30,082

After the latest addition to the Seibertron.com toy galleries (which you can find again over here) we have another Voyager triple changer from the Transformers Titans Return toyline ready for you to start the week in style: Astrotrain, with his Titan Master Darkmoon! Using the same mold as Sentinel Prime, Astrotrain has his space train, space ship, and space robot modes but with the traditional grey and purple deco, with dabs of red and yellow. Check out the images below, click on any to view the full galleries, and see what you think of this new version of a simple triple changer from 1985 - by letting us know in the Energon Pub!

Titans Return Astrotrain (167 images) - Voyager Class

Transformers News: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon

Titans Return Darkmoon (34 images) - Titan Masters, Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819791)
Posted by william-james88 on August 29th, 2016 @ 2:25pm CDT
Am I the only one who just realized that he more grey than white?
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819793)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2016 @ 2:27pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Am I the only one who just realized that he more grey than white?

He's not white at all. He should be gray. The Takara "NASA" version was white and black instead of gray and purple, as were the subsequent reissues, and the Classics Astrotrain. The Henkei, e-Hobby, Generations, and G1 prototype versions of Astrotrain sported the darker gray (instead of light gray) and purple.

And for those of you following the comics, I updated Alpha Trion's gallery per the request of some of the Seibertron.com staff:

Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion Gallery
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819801)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2016 @ 2:37pm CDT
I didn't think he was white.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819804)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 29th, 2016 @ 2:38pm CDT
I really look forward to Astrotrain. The whole of wave 2 is a gold mine for me
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819823)
Posted by Kurona on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:03pm CDT

Soooo I was considering Thrilling 30 Blitzwing instead but I was swithering on it due to the bad things I'd heard and wasn't sure on how he looks. But seeing him here next to Astrotrain really sells it for me; they look so good with each other and I think I'm all on board now :D
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819826)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:06pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Since the upcoming TR Megatron is my favourite figure of him (in terms of looks) so far I was going to use him as my classics Megatron. This did create a dilemma for me though since TR Blitzwing is, obviously, going to be a slight retool of him and hence they'd look too alike next to each other.

As an owner of said Blitzwing, it is a good figure. Yes it has its flaws, but I like it and it will be my Blitzwing.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819829)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:07pm CDT
If you follow the instructions you can find online to fix Blitzwing, he holds together amazingly well. I made the fixes to him when I first got him and have never had a problem with him since.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819830)
Posted by Kurona on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:09pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819839)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:25pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I've heard differing things about the fixes; some people get em to work perfectly, for others it doesn't work out at all. In any case if it's just used for display purposes it shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah, he's not one I fiddle with a lot, and I am nervous about making modifications, so I really never have save for some sharpie on AoE figures
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819840)
Posted by steals_your_goats on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:27pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819846)
Posted by Agamemnon on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:38pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:Those purple panels near the front and back of the train mode should be flipped down. They have sculpted train wheels on them.

Indeed, I was going to point this out too. The galleries look so awesome, and I know they are a lot of work, so I didn't know how to gently suggest this. (Must be either my Minnesota nice or Catholic guilt coming out... :-s )

[edit] Looks like it was missed on Sentinel too.

One of the reasons I wanted the SDCC version was the painted gold (yellow) on all sets of wheels...
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819847)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:42pm CDT

OOps! Thanks for letting me know. #-o :oops:
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819848)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:44pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:

[edit] Looks like it was missed on Sentinel too.

Wish someone had said that about Sentinel Prime last month. That's alright, I'll get it right on the SDCC version hopefully!

Transformers Titans Return Sentinel Prime Gallery
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819849)
Posted by william-james88 on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:45pm CDT
I had not noticed it then since I only aquired the figure after the galleries were up.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819856)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 29th, 2016 @ 4:13pm CDT
Great gallery as always!

Also I held off on thrilling 30 Blitzwing because of the issues with him and being selective also. Since stopping my Jurassic Park collecting as the JW line was poor quality I might try to get Blitz and this new Astrotrain. Definitely liking the photos with them together.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819859)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2016 @ 4:38pm CDT
Astrotrain's stand alone train mode pics have been fixed. I left the comparison mode pics as were. In order to see the new pics, you might have to force a refresh in your browser.

Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain Gallery

And per Hellscream's request, pics of Astrotrain with Apeface's head have been added, which can be viewed toward the end of the gallery by clicking on the image below.

Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain Gallery
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819862)
Posted by Agamemnon on August 29th, 2016 @ 4:41pm CDT
And this just goes to show how much Ryan rocks!! :BOWDOWN:
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819866)
Posted by SureShot18 on August 29th, 2016 @ 4:52pm CDT
Oh wow Apeface looks gorgeous on Astrotrain. =P~ I'm also getting the Meagtron version of the mold and hopefully at some point getting the Thrilling 30 Blitzwing. That's my plan anyway.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819868)
Posted by Deadput on August 29th, 2016 @ 5:04pm CDT
How does Clobber look on Astrotrain?

I'm thinking of doing a digibash by changing the purple on Astro to Grimlock yellow/gold.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Astrotrain with Darkmoon (1819869)
Posted by Kurona on August 29th, 2016 @ 5:07pm CDT
Kind of amazed to see so many people also going with my thrilling 30 Blitzwing plan lmao. You made him look really good in this Seibs

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Trilogy Bombshock And Growl New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok Triple Changer & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue bots Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Lot of 2 Flip Racers Bumblebee & Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Racing Trailer Optimus Prime missing trailer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Heroes Epic Rescue Bots Action Figure Large 2013 22"" on EBAY