New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy.

New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy.

Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 10:48am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 41,902

An eBay auction has surfaced with more new images of the currently unknown Constructicon from the upcoming Transformers Revenge of The Fallen toy line, last seen here and also seen in the trailer here. These images show how the toy should look when properly transformed, as we now have seen the trailer to know. Click here to see the auction or here to go over Seibertron.com’s screen caps from the trailer.

New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy.

New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy.

New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy.

New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy.

New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy.

New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy.

Credit(s): eBay

Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878808)
Posted by SJ21 on February 4th, 2009 @ 10:54am CST
Ok, that thing just looks cheap and silly. The trailer for the movie made that thing look awesome. The toy rendition just makes me sad.
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878809)
Posted by SoooTrypticon on February 4th, 2009 @ 10:55am CST
Meh. Looks like an Inhumanoid. Hollow Plastic (so the gestalt won't be too heavy I imagine) and dull colors (awaiting the inevitable green repaint). While the silhouettes have been cleaned up- I don't imagine the writing is any better. But maybe we'll be introduced to the Transformers as characters this time. Who knows?
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878811)
Posted by Locrien on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:00am CST

:-?
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878813)
Posted by ChrisRiss on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:02am CST
maybe this is just the head/arms of a bigger "devastator" and maybe they no real separate alt modes, just one big one. of course that's probably just a crazy idea.
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878815)
Posted by First-Aid on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:07am CST
I'm going to give them points for creativity. We've never seen anything like this before and I'm willing to give it a shot. It actually seems pretty cool when both treads are on the ground...I can see it using a roatation mechanism on its body to climb over large obstructions with the treads. Granted it's large enough to roll over most obstructions, but for large ones that its tread can't roll over, it can rotate the other tread around and onto the obstruction. Neat idea.
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878817)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:10am CST
Well, I would say that that confirms that what we saw in the teaser on sunday was just a portion of Devastator and that when the whole toy combines to a height of 2 feet that it still wont be close to scale. The toy(s) would have to reach a height of 5 - 6 feet to be on par with what's in the movie. Supreme Class would have been a good place to start with these. They did a good job on the design aspect, which is something I have always been critical of with the construction vehicles and truck transformers since I grew up around heavy equipment. Rather empowering feeling when you are a kid and your able to get behind the wheel of a huge 988-Cat loader.
Can't wait to see pics. of the rest of the Constructicons.
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878819)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:13am CST
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878821)
Posted by rpetras on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:15am CST
I think it is neat that it has a unique transform, but I'm not 100% sold on the actual design.

If he is part of devastator (I suppose he is) then I'm curious to see the rest.
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878822)
Posted by Oilspill on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:16am CST
Locrien wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned, but I highly doubt he'll be part of the devistator toy, or part of him in the movie. I think devistator might be comprised of entirely different constructicons....what do u think? Or was he confirmed as one of the 9 (or seven) or whatever the case may be? lol

:-?

No, pretty sure he's one of them. Devastator was rumoured to be made up of big construction vehicles and this fits the bill. And I saw someone mention that they think this might form an arm.

Also, I've got a theory that the silver bit in this guys arm is the Mech Alive feature that will be present in some of the ROTF toys. It looks like when the elbow bends it would spin around. Wonder if someone can confirm this.
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878824)
Posted by Nemesis Hacker on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:23am CST
I LOVE IT, i missed out on my favorite bot from bm (thrust) i love the one wheeled aspect and if is a sperate figure as well as part of the devastator set (which i will get anyway) i will by him for his own display
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878826)
Posted by manuwi2 on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:25am CST
Is it Voyager or deluxe size?? :???: :???:
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878832)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:40am CST
I like it. Looks menacing.
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878833)
Posted by cadenheadr04 on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:41am CST
I think this one is one of the toys that actually has the separate robot mode versus the actual combiner version... cause wasn't there a confirmation that there would be two different versions of the constructicon toys, ones that came as a set to combine and ones that you bought seperate for the individual robot modes? So this one looks like it is supposed to be one of the individual figures... and I personally think it is an interesting idea and took a great deal of progressive creativity to think of it...
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878835)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:45am CST
I thought I read previously that they are supposed to be Voyager size.

This is somewhat of a downer considering how many it will take to form the whole giant robot sand the fact that Hasbro is upping the prices. This just priced a huge chunk of the fan community right out of the possibility of being able to get an entire Devastator set. Actually, I consider it a stupid move on Hasbro's part. Mattels profits dropped 50% in their last quarter and I know that Hasbro didn't exactly come out smelling as pretty as they hoped they would.
In light of that and the continuing trend in the economy, I would say that Hasbro has an excellent head start on shooting themselves in the foot with this new movie line.
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878838)
Posted by Knock Out on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:51am CST
I think we're all judging too quickly and harshly based on mis-transformed early releases. And like I posted before, Bay is embracing the concept that the TFs are alien. I personally can't wait to see what the rest of the Constructicons look like. I'm an old school-G1er, but I've learned to accept change. I say, quit griping, and if you don;t like the looks of a toy, just DON'T BUY IT! :-x
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878843)
Posted by Kryptikore on February 4th, 2009 @ 12:03pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:I think the engineering of tank treads into large wheels is creative, but this is certainly a new direction for transformers.

Agreed this is a new direction. I always questioned how and why they have human like forms. Being that they are alien I would imagine the possiblities are endless, but could also be horrific! My first and only complain about this toy so far is the color sceme. Not that it has to be green, but it's just to bright for me. I'm sure there will be a repaint and an additional 100 buck out of my wallet! Now my question is how the heck do you even pose this guy? Will he come with a stand? I'm guessing aftermarket.
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878848)
Posted by dragons on February 4th, 2009 @ 12:23pm CST
everyone keeps whining about the scale of these figures if your going to talk about scale remeber g1 figures if thats your discussion g1 combinors where where small when they should have been into the size of metroplex glavatron g1 may be bigger than some of the g1 combinors & g1 galvatron wasnt even rmotly close to be in scale at all none of the g1 figures where properly in scale with any figure or any other future release of new transformers that will get released in the future.

i like the desgin of this ill get him but ill wait & see what the devastator set looks like i dont know if hasbro decided to rethink there devastator idead and make a good looking that has induvidaul robot modes for each figure and combines into the giant that we all know or there are going to be 2 seperat releasses of this guy ill wait & see if theres one version of devastator or 2 versions one that combines & the other that does not combine & just trasnforms.
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878854)
Posted by Burritotron on February 4th, 2009 @ 12:42pm CST
the commercial for tfw really sent me in the direction of this guy, he is definetly cool, i just think they could've done better on the transformation of the body and hands. the body is a lot thicker, and if you look at the screenshots, the hand quite noticably has fingers split from th e shovel. i think he's a cool new direction for transformers, but i personally do not want ot spend 20 bucks on it, so i convinced my brother in to getting it. he he he. :twisted:
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878856)
Posted by Kibble on February 4th, 2009 @ 12:56pm CST
I dunno...maybe it'll be cool in the movie, but I personally think this toy looks completely lame. I hope this isn't a necessary part of Devastator (if there's any hope that his toy doesn't ultimately suck) because I don't want any part in wasting money on this POS.
Re: New Images of ROTF Constructicon toy. (878862)
Posted by Archatron on February 4th, 2009 @ 1:06pm CST
Oilspill wrote:

:-?

Yes, you are correct sir. :APPLAUSE:

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot Sovereign Alpha Trion 7" Action Figure  Nib" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Darkmoon & Astrotrain Titans Return Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations - Titans Return Hyperfire & Blurr (loose)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Blurr SEALED G1 LG-25 Takara Titans Return Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY