Friday, September 23rd, 2016 9:31am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 28,082

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has found some cool images for us coming from Loopaza who uplaoded scans of a Japanese hobby magazine. In it we can find a size comparison of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple
with MP-10 Optimus Prime & MP-20 Wheeljack. He looks to be about the height of Ironhide. We also see shots of all his faces and magical back shots of both him and Inferno.

We also see something really cool. It's as if Takara has been reading our boards and noticing how much we like to disect these toys and how much new tooling there is. So they pulled down the veil and showed us how the burgers are made with a three dimensional mapping of all the parts shared between the two toys. Enjoy!

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown

Credit(s): Loopaza

Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827584)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 23rd, 2016 @ 9:47am CDT
Ugggggggghhhh why do I want this guy so much!! He was so dang likable in "The Master Builders". Curse you TFG1S2!! You aren't supposed to be in my display!! :lol: :lol:

He also looks really fun. Maybe it's the happy face. Like how I have Ratchet displayed with his happy face...dang it.
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827592)
Posted by Big Grim on September 23rd, 2016 @ 10:14am CDT
His happy face IS kinda adorable!
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827596)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 23rd, 2016 @ 10:18am CDT
Big Grim wrote:His happy face IS kinda adorable!
It's TOO adorable Grim. Adorable to the point of irresistible!! Takara is taking my money again :lol:
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827605)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 23rd, 2016 @ 10:25am CDT
The retooling and the way it's presented in the magazine is impressive. It makes Red Alert Plus a little more disappointing.

Looking forward to transforming these!

Itscramtastic, your display discriminates against S2 characters?? :shock:
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827614)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 23rd, 2016 @ 10:51am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:itscramtastic, your display discriminates against S2 characters?? :shock:
Short answer, yes. I have no real attachment to G1 Season 2, and not many toys from that season either! Two many episodes maybe?! :lol: I really pick and choose what I watch from that season..

THAT SAID!!

One of my fav episodes was The Master Builders, but I'd still never buy Hoist :lol: The only Grapferno figure I've ever had was Solar Storm Grappel (misspelled on purpose like the box!) from the Reveal the Shield line. He made his way to Cobotron when I first started selling off figures. I wouldn't mind this guy as his replacement (but I'd rather have Hauler)!!
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827617)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 23rd, 2016 @ 11:04am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:

THAT SAID!!

Too many episodes?? More like not enough! S2 was the most iconic! :BOWDOWN:

You'd rather have a "made-up" character over someone who appeared on the show? Just when you think you know a guy. [-( :-P

The Master Builders is amazing.

Hey Takara, you were brilliant folding the ladder and crane into their backs, maybe you can come up with a magic solution to my limited shelf space? ;)^ Not that I'm complaining!
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827622)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 23rd, 2016 @ 11:14am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:

THAT SAID!!

Too many episodes?? More like not enough! S2 was the most iconic! :BOWDOWN:

The Master Builders is amazing.

Too many in only that I can't focus on what ones I want to like :lol:

Hauler was there man!! Cliffjumper didn't yell at him to pull Hound up if he was made up!! Where'd he go after that though?! The same place Ratchet's medical platform went, right into an MP release 32 years later!! :lol:

Can you imagine if Takara release display stuff with collectors in mind?! I'd have no money ever again.

Back to Grapple..if I get one of the two it's him. I may start allocating funds!!
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827734)
Posted by Flashwave on September 23rd, 2016 @ 3:15pm CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:

THAT SAID!!

Too many episodes?? More like not enough! S2 was the most iconic! :BOWDOWN:

The Master Builders is amazing.

Too many in only that I can't focus on what ones I want to like :lol:

*Starts taking wagers on Hauler being the Toy Show exclusive next year*
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827755)
Posted by Big Grim on September 23rd, 2016 @ 3:44pm CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
Big Grim wrote:His happy face IS kinda adorable!

He's so happy! His face made me think of Nick, Invader ZIM's experiment! Look him up in the episode ZIM eats waffles.
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827950)
Posted by Logan. on September 24th, 2016 @ 7:20am CDT
Very nice scale :D

Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827971)
Posted by Kurona on September 24th, 2016 @ 9:42am CDT
Logan. wrote:Very nice scale :D

It also shows us that Grapple's head comes up to Convoy's chest-windows, and combined with his... thing his head is in, almost the same size. Maybe someone could do a size comparison pic of MP-10 and the UW Constructicons so we could get a decent idea of how Grapple will scale with them?
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827977)
Posted by Logan. on September 24th, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Logan. wrote:Very nice scale :D

Express Pics?

Yes, I could ;) :D

Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827978)
Posted by Kurona on September 24th, 2016 @ 10:18am CDT
Logan. wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Logan. wrote:Very nice scale :D

Express Pics?

Yes, I could ;) :D

Ooh, that's just a head shorter! Very nice!

It'll be pretty funny when Hauler comes around though. Guess they kicked him out the Constructicons for being too tall :lol:
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1827993)
Posted by Logan. on September 24th, 2016 @ 11:13am CDT
:lol: ;)^
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1829065)
Posted by Logan. on September 28th, 2016 @ 4:07am CDT
TransformersAsia on Facebook

"Die-cast metal mini figure free when preorder “ MP-35 Grapple " at selected stores in Asia"

Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1829102)
Posted by Va'al on September 28th, 2016 @ 8:03am CDT
Fellow Seibertronian Logan. has shared a Transformers Asia post on the boards, showing the Hasbro Asia exclusive add-on accessory that will accompany the Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple: it looks like there'll be a small Ultra Magnus die-cast minifigure coming our way! Check out the teaser below, and discuss the new in the Energon Pub.

Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Promotion
Get this special design die-cast metal mini figure free when preorder “ MP-35 Grapple " at selected stores in Asia, while supplies Last !
Available to Asia (Exclude Japan)

Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1829104)
Posted by shajaki on September 28th, 2016 @ 8:10am CDT
Again with this... why? :???:
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1829129)
Posted by william-james88 on September 28th, 2016 @ 9:44am CDT
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1829130)
Posted by Va'al on September 28th, 2016 @ 9:48am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Wait, there is something I dont get. Is it new that Transforemrs Asia handles the MP releases? Because I thought it was Hasbro Asia who handled them and they wre the ones providing the coin and such (and distributing them in australia).

Takara distributes in Japan, Hasbro Asia in the rest of the Asian market, with links to Australia too. In addition to the regular Takara accessories, they usually have the coin, and recently some other stuff too. :)
Re: New Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple With Size Comparison and Part Sharing Breakdown (1829131)
Posted by william-james88 on September 28th, 2016 @ 9:52am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:

But if you look at the official pics again, you will notice that they arent from HAsbro asia but from Transformers Asia instead who is a 3p licencee (like funpub) who reissues previously used molds like Shattered Glass Optimus, Ultimate Movie Prime and now (it seems) the MP toys.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 3-D Jigsaw Stand Up Puzzle Warren Ultra Magnus 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY